PDA

View Full Version : The Deck of Many Things

Shezbeth
15th December 2014, 02:18
Just a quick diversion for anyone interested, I present The Deck of Many Things from the Dungeons and Dragons franchise.

https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dmt/dmt.htm

Some of the cards are awesome! Many are very not so, and some of them are quite lethal!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deck_of_many_things#Cards

Care to draw?

I got the knight card (good!) and the void card (way way way bad). <soul poofs away to some nether dimension>

Catsquotl
15th December 2014, 03:20
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/artifacts/minor-artifacts/deck-of-many-things

I'll be drawing just the one..
----
Talons Queen of pentacles Ace of clubs All magic items you possess disappear permanently.
-----

WIth Love
Eelco

Shezbeth
15th December 2014, 03:23
Luckily for me (as has been suggested by individuals in my past) I have no soul! Muhuhahaha!

Catsquotl
15th December 2014, 03:32
Luckily for me (as has been suggested by individuals in my past) I have no soul! Muhuhahaha!

Lol,

Well I just found me some magic.. Alas.
Buddha was right I guess. Everything is trancient.

With Love
Eelco

modwiz
15th December 2014, 03:44
I will not be partaking of the game. I do wish to bless the thread with the good energy it has begun with. Mirth and merriment, so mote it be. Perimeter is ninja secured. Beware of bored ninjas so good at their job that they seek 'sport' with addle-pates. With that said........POOF!........

Shezbeth
15th December 2014, 03:47
Addle-pates? Would it be considered contentious to observe the pot calling the kettle black?

modwiz
15th December 2014, 03:49
Addle-pates? Would it be considered contentious to observe the pot calling the kettle black?

I have no opinion. I have ......poofed......out. Does my humor elude?

Shezbeth
15th December 2014, 03:52
Not at all, I was responding in equal part! :h5:

Elfe Mya
15th December 2014, 04:46
I got the Fool... not really surprised in a way...:crazy:

Sooz
16th December 2014, 08:27
Curiosity killed the cat, so thought I'd give it a whirl:

Gah!

Skull: A dread wraith appears. Treat this creature as an unturnable undead. The character must fight it alone-if others help, they get dread wraiths to fight as well. If the character is slain, she is slain forever and cannot be revived, even with a wish or a miracle.

PurpleLama
16th December 2014, 11:07
Fates: This card enables the character to avoid even an instantaneous occurrence if so desired, for the fabric of reality is unraveled and respun. Note that it does not enable something to happen. It can only stop something from happening or reverse a past occurrence. The reversal is only for the character who drew the card; other party members may have to endure the situation.

Perfect for me, in so many ways.

Calabash
16th December 2014, 11:19
Jack of Diamonds: Ace of clubs : All magic items you possess disappear permanently.
:onthequite:

16th December 2014, 11:19
Key: The magic weapon granted must be one usable by the character. It suddenly appears out of nowhere in the character's hand.

This is amazing. If I wasn't so utterly $%£^ed off at the moment I may have found myself partaking in a "lol" or possibly even a "lmao". As it goes I am confined to a silent muse, given that I have just popped home from work, only to find the lock to my front door has completely broken and I am locked out. Even the key doesn't work at all, it just goes round and round and round and round and yeah you get the idea.

You can't make life up sometimes you really can't!

1inMany
16th December 2014, 11:31
Ruin, King of Spades:*As implied by its name, when this card is drawn, all nonmagical possessions of the drawer are lost

Ironic. All I have left is Magic.

Catsquotl
16th December 2014, 11:36
Key: The magic weapon granted must be one usable by the character.

O poor thing. Well the description read you must be able to use it? You should have put some points in the use magic device skill slot.

WIth Love
Eelco

Sooz
16th December 2014, 11:40
Key: The magic weapon granted must be one usable by the character. It suddenly appears out of nowhere in the character's hand.

This is amazing. If I wasn't so utterly $%£^ed off at the moment I may have found myself partaking in a "lol" or possibly even a "lmao". As it goes I am confined to a silent muse, given that I have just popped home from work, only to find the lock to my front door has completely broken and I am locked out. Even the key doesn't work at all, it just goes round and round and round and round and yeah you get the idea.

You can't make life up sometimes you really can't!

Oh, you poor thing, you mean you are at your front door with your smartphone on TOT and can't get into your house?! Sorry Darling, wish I could help, but I'm a million miles away. Perhaps we can sing to you, lol

Sooz
16th December 2014, 11:42
Don't you keep a spare key somewhere dufus?

I think a call to wifey is in order. Hope you get in for a sambo mate.

Mark
16th December 2014, 12:13
hmmmm: Gem, Two of Hearts. - This card indicates wealth.

Well, as providence would have it, i may very well be told tomorrow I am being made redundant, so a redundancy package will be forthcoming, not a great deal but enough to be a little frivolous I suppose, until it has dwindled and I am looking for other sources of income....Anyone need a car washing?

Sooz
16th December 2014, 12:29

Well, as providence would have it, i may very well be told tomorrow I am being made redundant, so a redundancy package will be forthcoming, not a great deal but enough to be a little frivolous I suppose, until it has dwindled and I am looking for other sources of income....Anyone need a car washing?

I just WISH I had someone to wash my car...I make frequent trips out of town to the farm, where the soil is bright red. I've tried to get some kids entrepreneurial around here and start up a car wash service on the weekends, but they are not interested. Too busy playing video games and their parents paying for everything.

Very sorry to hear you may be made redundant Mark. Here is a magic wish for you...:magic:, you just never know!

Mark
16th December 2014, 12:46
Hey Sooz, thank you but its OK.

I am quite philosophical about it. This is about change, and without change we cannot progress.

Beling trapped within a house with all my rugrats for what could be months will test me (patience, compassion, humour, humility, perspective etc. etc.) to THE LIMIT! (No exaggeration). It seems my hand has been forced.

What is that adage, something to do with destiny being found on the path you most choose to avoid..... HEEEEEEELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

16th December 2014, 12:50

Any good with locks? Lol. As it goes all sorted. Sorry.......back to topic. Some of these are already proving fruitful, albeit oddly amusing.

Seikou-Kishi
16th December 2014, 18:15
Ruin, King of Spades:*As implied by its name, when this card is drawn, all nonmagical possessions of the drawer are lost

Ironic. All I have left is Magic.

That's all you've ever had :-)

Mark
16th December 2014, 21:51
Well this is odd.

I am being straight up, my wife called me later on today to tell me about a reasonably sizeable cheque from an insurance claim had been released to us after a dispute and it was much more than we imagined....that is freaky.

Will help feed the little ones a while longer, thank you universe.

1inMany
16th December 2014, 22:01
That's all you've ever had :-)

Wait a minute...we are talking about this card game......right?

Seikou-Kishi
16th December 2014, 23:10

Depends on the definitions of "to have", "magic" and "game".

PurpleLama
17th December 2014, 01:09

At which point was this about "a card game"?

Mark
8th January 2015, 19:07
:p