PDA

View Full Version : how to reduce blood pressure

mojo
11th December 2014, 18:58
I just recently had some physicals and found my blood pressure to be elevated. Since that discovery I was able to get back into an exercise program and after two weeks it was even slightly higher. First was 150/90 second 164/97. The doctor mentioned Magnesium supplements which I have been taking since the first check-up (magnesium citrate at one 100mg pill per day. Maybe I should up that amount on the bottle it says take 1 tablet 3 times daily. I was wondering if anyone had thoughts about this silent killer and how to reduce blood pressure more without prescribed medications. (My salt is only from food that has it in it already) Maybe stop eating all salty food? Thank you ahead for any help.
ps: I have been on 81mg aspirin regimen

Spiral
11th December 2014, 19:29
I don't buy into that salt stuff, or their ideas of what high blood pressure is, that said it's always a good idea to review your diet.

Re magnesium, tablets are a real no no, they mess up your digestion & there are doubts about take up, the best thing is magnesium flakes (aka magnesium chloride ) you just dissolve some in boiling water, let it cool, soak a cloth in it & leave it on the skin, around the neck or arm is the easiest, the body absorbs what it needs through the skin.

Keep the solution in a jar, & the flakes aren't expensive & are readily available on the net.

Seikou-Kishi
11th December 2014, 19:56
Lavender and frankincense are good oils for this.

Blacklight43
11th December 2014, 20:13
I'm with you Spiral. I think HBP is a myth that keeps doctors and drug co.s in business. My own grandmother was killed by the BP meds. I'll try to find a link to some of the research.

http://www.thincs.org/Malcolm.htm#hypertens1

Wasn't the one I read before but has some of the same info.

The One
11th December 2014, 20:20
Studies demonstrate that mulberry leaf extracts reduces high blood pressure

Seikou-Kishi
11th December 2014, 20:30
I'm with you Spiral. I think HBP is a myth that keeps doctors and drug co.s in business. My own grandmother was killed by the BP meds. I'll try to find a link to some of the research.

When you say high blood pressure is a myth — do you mean to say it doesn't exist, or it's not unhealthy?

Blacklight43
11th December 2014, 20:45
The myth is that it is a disease and requires meds. Blood pressure fluctuates all the time. Mine elevates when in the presence of a doctor! It's a symptom. In my case as long as I supplement with magnesium and potassium it's pretty stable most of the time. I was told years ago by a doctor not to worry about the numbers. He gauges by age. 90+you age systolic and somewhere around 80 diastolic. Heart disease and clogged arteries is a cause and should be treated.

Stoat muldoon
11th December 2014, 20:46
Blood pressure is not a myth . Your heart is a pump and all pumps have a pressure . Too high and weak pipes can burst , too low and it doesn't pump as it should . So please don't think BP is a myth . If you don't trust you Dr / medical profession , buy you own BP monitor they're very cheap . A good BP is round 120 over 80 give or take a beat . :meditating: Has proven to bring down BP .

Cearna
12th December 2014, 04:27
I believe a great deal in the effect of the emotions, and my thoughts tend to go to the idea that if you encounter fear and/or anger/temper , both of which you might find in a medical examination, then both tend to switch off your open-ness, you become more closed and thus tend to block off against the tide of life. If you in fact say i now open upTHEN WITHIN A FEW MINUTES YOUR WHOLE NATURE CAN CHANGE ALONG with your blood pressure as blockages now no longer exist. I have great apprehension about the tests carried out, myself, Spiral. Some may be effective, such as the tests I undergo for my blood count, but I believe, that like many other things science has come up with they are still not completely right. Blood pressure monitors, OK but the numbers do still not add up to the emotional/physical/ mental state taking place at any one time, so all in all magnesium chloride, vitamin B3 and relaxing into a really quiet state will no go astray methinks. There are many herbs which help quieten and relax and these all have their place, as does the use of energy, because 10 minutes with your hands on yourself with the energies I use quickly reduce stress and replace with relaxation.

mojo
12th December 2014, 05:19
thanks to all for the thoughtful reponses to this issue...:)