PDA

View Full Version : Niacin B3

That Guy
11th December 2014, 13:15
I read some things and saw a couple of vids on it and wanted to experience the flush ( funny as hell), just make sure you don't do this on an empty stomach.
My experience intense warmth ( your skin will probably experience for the first time your core temperature due to dilating capillaries and it is profoundly amazing) You will also understand how quickly foods and supplements will starts doing their business in your body, you will also start playing around with your supplements and foods to see what happens if you take them with Niacin since the nutrients will now be delivered to even the tiniest of places ( some molecules are quite large and need some space to be absorbed in( not the best definition) but for a couple of bucks you will have one of the more interesting experiences of your life, guaranteed, enjoy the feeling of feeling your blood pulse through the capillaries in you face, your ears, yours eyelids, your fingers, your toes, a GLOWING chest and heart center and lets not forget the absolutely positively glowing bum this will give you, if you ever get caught in a blizzard, bring niacin.

I don't deal in warnings, that's up to the pro's but you will enjoy this one, I promise, do your own research, or don't, if you don't, find yourself some niacin, eat something, and drop some Niacin in the mix, its good for you, and the flush is funny as hell. My suggestion is a good flush will happen around 100 mg, and ladies, if you take this before you go to bed, your partner will thank you for having a radiating warm butt, and feet, and arms, lol.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________

http://youtu.be/G0xPa0qVvl4

NIACIN: THE REAL STORY by Abram Hoffer, Andrew W. Saul, and Harold D. Foster.

The United States Patent Office delayed issuing a patent on the Wright brothers’ airplane for five years because it broke accepted scientific principles. This is actually true. And so is this: Vitamin B-3, niacin, is scientifically proven to be effective against psychosis, and yet the medical profession has delayed endorsing it. Not for five years, but for fifty.

In 1952, Abram Hoffer, PhD, MD, had just completed his psychiatry residency. What’s more, he had proven, with the very first double-blind, placebo-controlled studies in the history of psychiatry, that vitamin B-3 could cure schizophrenia. You would think that psychiatrists everywhere would have beaten down a path to Saskatchewan to replicate the findings of this young Director of Psychiatric Research.

You’d think so. But no.

For everyone “knows” that vitamins do not cure “real” diseases.

Dr. Hoffer consistently said otherwise. His central point has been this: Illness, including mental illness, is not caused by drug deficiency. But much illness, especially mental illness, may be seen to be caused by a vitamin dependency. This makes sense, and has stood up to clinical trial again and again. If you do not believe this, Niacin: The Real Story will provide you with the references to prove it. And remember that it was Dr. Hoffer who started off those clinical studies in the first place. In 1952.
But the truth will out eventually. Here is an example of how niacin can really help: One patient, a bona fide, properly-diagnosed, utterly-incurable, State-hospitalized schizophrenic patient, would not see niacin work in the hospital, of course. No, the patient was a fellow whose parents were desperate enough try anything, even nutrition. Perhaps this was because their son was so unmanageably violent that he was kicked out of the asylum and sent to live with them. On a good day, his Mom and Dad somehow got him to take 3,000 milligrams of niacin and 10,000 mg of vitamin C. Formally a hyperactive insomniac, he responded by sleeping for 18 hours the first night and becoming surprisingly normal within days. It was an astounding improvement.
Another one of niacin's properties is its ability to reduce harmful cholesterol levels in the bloodstream. Dr. Hoffer explains: "Niacin is the best substance for elevating high density lipoprotein cholesterol (the "good cholesterol) and so decreases the ratio of the total cholesterol over high density cholesterol."

Yet another feature of niacin is that it dilates blood vessels and creates a sensation of warmth, called a "niacin flush." This is often accompanied with a blushing of the skin. It is this "flush" or sensation of heat that so many people are confused about.Dr. Hoffer writes: "With larger initial doses, the flush is more pronounced and lasts longer," says Dr. Hoffer. "But with each additional dose, the intensity of the flush decreases and in most patients becomes a minor nuisance rather than an irritant. Niacin should always be taken immediately after finishing ones meal."

Niacin is a vitamin, not a drug. It is a nutrient that everyone needs each day. Different people in different circumstances require different amounts of niacin. Says Dr. Hoffer: "A person's "upper limit is that amount which causes nausea, and, if not reduced, vomiting. The dose should never be allowed to remain at this upper limit. The usual dose range is 3,000 to 9,000 milligrams daily divided into three doses, but occasionally some patients may need more. The toxic dose for dogs is about 5,000 milligrams per 2.2 pounds (1 kilogram) body weight. We do not know the toxic dose for humans since niacin has never killed anyone."

And what about that "niacin flush"?

"Most people flush at the beginning and gradually get adapted to it unless they stop for a few days and then resume it. A few cannot ever get used to it, and they take the no-flush preparations. But the intensity of the flush is very variable. Generally people who need it the most flush the least. That includes arthritics, schizophrenics, and elderly people with cardiovascular problems. Some schizophrenics do not flush until they get well and then they do. But the presence of the flush or its intensity can not be uniquely used measure the need as there are too many variables such as food in the stomach, whether the drink with it is hot or cold, the kind of food, other medication. Antipsychotics reduce the intensity of the flush as do aspirin and antihistamines.”

Here are some more "flush" facts:

1) As mentioned above, the more ill you are, the more niacin you can hold without flushing. In other words, if you need it, you physiologically soak up a lot of niacin. Where does it all go? Well, a good bit of it goes into making nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, or NAD. NAD is just about the most important coenzyme in your body. It is made from niacin, as its name implies.

2) Niacin is also works in your body as an antihistamine. Many persons showing psychotic behavior suffer from cerebral allergies. They need more niacin in order to cope with eating inappropriate foods. They also need to stop eating those inappropriate foods, chief among which are the ones they may crave the most: junk food and sugar.

3) There is a chemical found in quantity in the bodies of schizophrenic persons. It is an indole called adrenochrome. Adrenochrome (which is oxidized adrenalin) has an almost LSD-like effect on the body. That might well explain their behavior. Niacin serves to reduce the body’s production of this toxic material.

In Niacin: The Real Story, Dr. Hoffer clearly presents the practical details of niacin treatment. Inevitable physician skepticism, and questions about niacin's proven safety and effectiveness, are thoroughly addressed in this book. This is NOT a biochemistry textbook, however. Let's be honest: to most of us, that is a relief. But when even a basic working knowledge of niacin can profoundly change so many patients for the better, this vitamin becomes very interesting very quickly.
Dr. Hoffer treated thousands and thousands of such patients for over half a century. He saw medical fads come and go. What he focused on is what he’s always seen: very sick people get well on vitamin B-3. Niacin: The Real Story is Dr. Hoffer's final, ultimate work. In it, he tells you, in detail, exactly how to use it to get results.

Juniper
11th December 2014, 15:13
Thanks so much, "That Guy", for sharing this important information. Dr Hoffer made a valid point that the medical profession should be held accountable!

Bob
12th December 2014, 18:12
Niacin in the right amounts is a great substance.

I have found though using it without balancing with other B vitamins can induce an overload of what is mentioned in the OP post 1, see number 2 and 3 below the vid, in "More Flush Facts" - the adrenochrome.. So it is a balance. I agree also, when the body needs it, there generally be no flush with regular niacin. I have found when that need is solved, normal healthy foods seem to supply the normal levels of B's especially Niacin.

The LSD like reaction comes from the adrenochrome shorting out the nerve endings, adrenaline for instance pushes the body into hyper flight or fight.. And when that breaks down, as described above, the toxins remain, leading to after-flashes (being continually ****ed off, antagonistic, stressed, or experiencing adrenal burn-out). A clearing dose then of Niacin to the point of getting the flush, should induce a relaxation, and unwinding, a general sense of healing..

And that is about the level of B3 solution.. If the adrenochrome starts to rise a dose of Niacin seems to correct the toxicity.

Over-doing it with Niacin, will push all the other B vitamin requirements UP, meaning one can experience induced deficiency of the other B vitamins.. the most often is Thiamin, where the nerves will function improperly with that out-of-balance.. Adding Thiamin will correct, and then reduce the B3, getting back to when it all feels stable.. A bit of a dance.

I made the mistake once of following some advice from a scientologist who suggested taking Niacin in extremely large amounts (without balancing other B vitamins) will correct past life radiation damage.. What that level of Niacin did was to induce specifically the B vitamin out-of-balance, leading to numerous nerve and muscle and body issues, and terribly oscillating adrenochrome levels.. in short the radiation-cure using over doses of B3 doesn't cure radiation in past lives, it messes up the body in this life..

So moderation and balance..

Elbie
12th December 2014, 21:20
what made you think you were exposed to radiation in past life which needed fixing in this? thanks.

p.s. vitamins from B group only work in a group of other B vitamins..unless specifically diagnosed i.e. if self prescribed, it's always best to take a complex

Bob
13th December 2014, 03:08
what made you think you were exposed to radiation in past life which needed fixing in this? thanks.

p.s. vitamins from B group only work in a group of other B vitamins..unless specifically diagnosed i.e. if self prescribed, it's always best to take a complex

Hi Elbie - I had a scientologist friend who convinced me that to do their radiation clearing regimen would be helpful because of having radiation in the air from the nuclear testing in the 50's. Seemed innocent enough.

I had not read Adel Davis' Let's get Well at the time (this was in 1978 when I tried his 'radiation cure' cleansing), and found after reading her books the necessity to properly balance B's, with a proper complex. What I understood was at times different requirements for different levels are needed.. Depending on if viruses are present, B12 one would want to decrease, and increase B3. When I find during extreme physical stress, B1 and B2 are needed more of with an increase of Choline and Inositol..

So B3 has it's uses I find, mainly when the adrenochrome issues appear, or allergy reactions appear, or if things are feeling overall "sluggish", getting the Niacin flush gets the capillaries opened and more oxygen gets to the tissues. At least for me..

I do use the co-enzyme versions of B complex btw.

Elbie
13th December 2014, 10:58
bob, you may not have a radiation issue as suggested by your scientologist firend at the time.

in case you are certain you do as in: back from japan or living on the west coast of usa, maybe lugol iodine would make sense to protect your thyroid.

for overall detox of heavy metals etc, a benign zeolite powder would probably do if taken regularly over 6 months and later not as regularly for maintenance. zeolite won't tackle aluminium removal imortant for detox of your pineal gland etc (if you care), for that not so little issue a simple magnesium malate would be more than adequate.. so you zap that aluminium , tho careful not to overdose on magnesium malete for it may give you diarrea, upset your digestive balance.

it makes super good sense to excersise caution when it comes to non water soluble vitamins such as vit Bs.. ulike vitamin C for example, which you can overdose as much as your heart desires - the excess is simply flushed out with urine with no consequences..

good luck with your regime if you are intent on sticking with it.

Bob
13th December 2014, 17:11
Na Elbie - I tried that strange protocol by the CoS guy back in 1978... I stopped trying his suggestions in 1978 (after two months) after i found how sick I got with B imbalances. I had NO radiation problems then nor now.. was just trying to see if his CoS stuff was sensible or not. It was not from my experience.

I like your suggestions for doing detoxes. I find a detox every now and then helps to get things opened up.. I am thinking of starting a thread on the life rejuvenation methods, and looking at the past and what is predicted for the future. My background is in biosciences and a few other skills that I find are handy to be able to sort out information across different disciplines.

Elbie
14th December 2014, 10:30
o
Na Elbie - I tried that strange protocol by the CoS guy back in 1978... I stopped trying his suggestions in 1978 (after two months) after i found how sick I got with B imbalances. I had NO radiation problems then nor now.. was just trying to see if his CoS stuff was sensible or not. It was not from my experience.

I like your suggestions for doing detoxes. I find a detox every now and then helps to get things opened up.. I am thinking of starting a thread on the life rejuvenation methods, and looking at the past and what is predicted for the future. My background is in biosciences and a few other skills that I find are handy to be able to sort out information across different disciplines.

thanks. i hope ypu do so in the near enough future. could do with a few tips to pass on to my mother, specially to do with short term memory loss problems. i prescribed and provided best grade coconut oil for this meantime with one a day 1200mg magnesioum malate against brain fog and muscle cramps.

p.s. i pledge you a hundred derivatives :hilarious: if you can explain how is it that we see colours most vivid via our mind's eye without it, the light, falling on our retina? thanks again.