PDA

View Full Version : Curiousity may kill this cat

Catsquotl
9th December 2014, 17:54
But as it stands my mind is in questioning, overexcited, single mindedly pre-occupied mode with:
The old religion, wicca, paganism, the cunning folk, occultism.

Having had my share of going out and about investigating idea's to death. I have sampled to much i fear to find the rest for one thing.
Gods and goddeses have been defiled by my fear and (mis)-understanding of archons and annunaki. The old believes feel as much true and false as the evening news.

I'm as much a sheep at times slaving to pay the morgage and dead tired of it all I just want to vegetate on a couch with a stupid tv-show as the rest of the herd.

And then.. There is that spark of needing to search. The drive to go further as this can in no way be what its supposed to be.

So how do you practise your craft?
How do you relate to the gods of old when the astral planes are emptying out and dissolving.
How can you revere anything when you know it is all mind.

The best thing i found when sitting at the feet of a Guru was the feeling I finally had a hanger for my need of devotion.
Looking around these days those feeling seem no longer able to find anything to cling to for fear of false idea's or just the figmental seedlings of my own desires..

With Love
Eelco

PurpleLama
9th December 2014, 20:21
Last I checked, the astral planes are as full of garbage as they ever were.

I will pick and choose whatever face God may wear, depending on the occasion, but it's all in honor of one force which animates every mode of operation.

I went on a fervent search for truth, and what I found was the extent of knowledge and perception ends in Mystery. So I settled down and stared at it until deep down I could be comfortable with what's not just unknown but unknowable.

But, that's just me.

modwiz
9th December 2014, 20:33
So how do you practise your craft?
With Love
Eelco

With great joy and agape. I am a part of the unfolding. A conscious, participating extension of the Divinity of this planet, Sophia. Nothing imagined about Her. My body and the rhythms/delights of this planet and all upon it speak to the life-affirming Nature of the Wisdom goddess. Our planetary animal Mother and the Aeon/Divine being that is our Creator. Through Her, we are linked to the Pleroma, home of the gods of the Milky Way. Where we were conceived in their minds. We are Sophia's unique expression of this very similar experiment across the Universe. She chose to dwell with us and not stand remote in the Pleroma as is usually the case in these experiments. I have endless agape for Her. Even though Her plunge/fall produced the archons. They are easier to deal with than mosquitos once one gets their emotions cleaned up and self deception is greatly reduced.

Thanks for the thread, Eelco.

Seikou-Kishi
9th December 2014, 22:19
The cat will die anyway, so embrace curiosity.

The gods of old are a dead man's figments; I treat only with my own. The idea that gods have credibility because they are ancient has two problems for me. The first is that it commits the fallacy of an appeal to tradition. Something is not more credible because it is well-worn. Secondly, and in a somewhat related manner, it rests upon the assumption that the beliefs of another or of others have greater credibility because they seem more objective. This is an appeal to popularity. If Ullr indeed was a god, he has not ceased to be so because the people suckle at Roman pulpits, or even if the Germanic reconstructionists have all but forgotten him. In the same way, the particular figments of modern society have no great authority just because they are widely held.

I am a seed spiralling down from the branches of a great sycamore tree; all that the tree is exists within me. Thus, I worship no gods and place nothing above me. I may conceptualise different aspects of my spiritual totality and for the sake of argument cast them into the role of a god, but I do not lose sight of their being within me. It is an externalisation in its essence no different than the evocation of a body part into a triangle of art.

In the astral plane accumulates an endless waste of detritus. Every fevered imagination ever conceived "willlessly" floats along like a jellyfish with whatever momentum the originating thought imparted. Every god naively assumed to exist coalesces into form in response to the unacknowledged creative faculty of its devotee and inherits from that devotee the sincere belief in its own existence, behaving and responding howsoever its creator-devotee programmed it to behave through willless belief.

That thoughtform, sure of its own existence (or seeming sure, but of course having no faculty of self-reflection having been born of such a lack), then encounters other humans who similarly believe they have encountered a being of their quality even if differing in degree. Thus the succeeding encounters cement in place the seeming of individuality and independence and feed into the apparent existence of the being. Thus are born all the gods and ghosts and figments of religion to captivate those whose eyes haven't the light to shine through their transparency.

Catsquotl
10th December 2014, 03:56
Thank you. :hugs:

You guys have just given me the conceptual framework I needed to press on.
Just let me get my bearings for a minute...

So is there anything you do to make sure your temorarily casted gods, do not wreak later havoc, because of the lack we give them when we create that conceptual being?
I still hold the notion that my idea will somehow need to find completion or what I think of as becomming. Thus essentially dooming such a created god to a lifetime of empty floating around until somehow fullfilled.

As an intermediary I have taken to revere the earth mother and father sun, but there is MORE somehow...

To be continued.

With Love
Eelco

edit: Woops nearly forgot What do you do with the moon now that its been exposed as an IA fraud.
Still use it to get the benifit of waning and waxing sympatic magic

lookbeyond
10th December 2014, 05:09
Feels like the more we know the less we know or maybe i am going in circles like that jolly snake trying to eat itself..

Catsquotl
10th December 2014, 07:38
As the waning and waxing of the moon can be used as a symbol for growing towards or diminishing from.
I'd say it does not matter the moon is a transmitter or an evil construct. The fact I use/project my intention of something growing or lessening is what gives merit/intent to its usage..

With Love
Eelco

monk
10th December 2014, 08:20
....So much wisdom.

I am going to put extra effort into driving traffic here given the importance that such concepts are out-ward flowing.

Everybody knows water unconnected becomes poisonous.

KosmicKat
10th December 2014, 11:10
I will not wholly trust any writing unless I am certain I know the author (more biblical sense than "Hi Bud").
The ability to reason has been some help. The senses are, as Ebenezer Scrooge asserted, liars. And my emotions are not always a reliable indicator for contact with things unseen.

PurpleLama
10th December 2014, 11:16
Moon phase, moon rise, moon set, sunrise and sunset, all can be used tor timing in sorcery. So can the hands on an old fashioned clock.

Seikou-Kishi
10th December 2014, 11:21
Thank you. :hugs:

You guys have just given me the conceptual framework I needed to press on.
Just let me get my bearings for a minute...

So is there anything you do to make sure your temorarily casted gods, do not wreak later havoc, because of the lack we give them when we create that conceptual being?
I still hold the notion that my idea will somehow need to find completion or what I think of as becomming. Thus essentially dooming such a created god to a lifetime of empty floating around until somehow fullfilled.

As an intermediary I have taken to revere the earth mother and father sun, but there is MORE somehow...

To be continued.

With Love
Eelco

edit: Woops nearly forgot What do you do with the moon now that its been exposed as an IA fraud.
Still use it to get the benifit of waning and waxing sympatic magic

The one who creates willfully need not worry that his figments will continue on "with a life of their own" because contained within that will is awareness and self-awareness. That awareness necessarily implies an understanding of the mechanics at play. Within treating something as a separate entity is an implied truth: we would not speak in such terms if we believed in our higher faculties that the entity was separate from us in the first place. Within "make believe it's true" is an acceptance of falsehood. A doctor doesn't pretend to be a doctor.

As an example, we might be engaged in a simple consecration/erection ritual. Say we have a new ritual item and as part of our occult endeavour it serves our purpose to "empower" it and reserve it to our ritual use. We have within us the power to consecrate and to "erect" (consecration reserves for ritual use, "erection" endows it with the faculties to do that). In ritual we might externalise this consecratory power in order to use it.

It's not so strange an idea. I've been in and out of hospital recently visiting a friend who has a slipped and herniated lumbar disc. The constriction against his sciatic nerve is making sensation and motor control less straightforward than it usually is. He was walking and had trouble retroflexing/addorsing his foot and said "for god's sake, foot, do as you're told. We've been doing the exercises, so I expect better." Some people would consider that a little weird. Most people would accept it as the natural expression of frustration of one dealing with severe pain and immobility. I saw it as a magical act; he externalised an area of himself that has been experiencing difficulty, addressed the problem and insisted upon a change in condition.

But let's talk about externalising our own consecratory faculty. We could represent this faculty as a god of the past. Thor is the consecrator par excellence from the Norse pantheon, Zeus from the Greek, etc.. This is why "relgious pagans" (if you will) might believe their gods exist, but an "occult pagan" doesn't care because the existence of an independent Thor, etc., is irrelevant. Indeed, many occultists have an aversion towards anything they have a sneaking suspicion might actually exist. It's a bit like muttering to yourself when you think you're alone only to find there's somebody there you just didn't notice lol.

In my personal practice, I do not use identifiable, cultural figures to represent my own faculties because I wish to be unequivocal about the fact that when I purify, it is I who purifies and not some outside force upon which I depend. Thus I gave them names which reflect their nature. In Greek myth, Demeter is an earth goddess, but the specific aspect of Demeter which relates to the season of winter as "explained" by the abduction of Kore/Persephone is referred to as Demeter Praxidike — the goddess as the enacter of vengeance.

Because I do not use cultural figures but rather assign names to aspects of myself, there is no doubt in my working that I am exercising my own spiritual potency and not merely beseeching the assistance of passing spirits. The "beings" I address therefore have all the existence they need, which is to say they exist because they are within me. Ritual then becomes less a conversation between the ritualist and the spirits, but rather a soliloquy. When baking a cake, we might idly mutter to ourselves "and 250 grams of flour". The principle is the same.

I would divide ritual then into three "layers". There is the layer in which the ritualist appeals to spirits like Jesus, Thor, etc.. This is a layer I would describe as "entirely religious". It is superstitious and disempowered. The middle layer is that in which there is still the use of such names but they are used for almost "decorative" reasons rather than superstitious reasons. I call this the "formally religious" layer because it has the appearance of religion/superstition without a superstitious motivation; it is a truly spiritual occult scenario merely having "religious clothing", which is a matter of aesthetics. Finally, there is the layer in which a religious appearance is dispensed with.

When the "formally religious" layer makes a clear distinction between form and function, there is no problem but the "entirely religious" form is disempowering.

This is not to say that independent spirits can't be a part of a ritual, but that's a different topic and not my focus here.

What is created unconsciously ("astral litter", we might call it) is not really anything to be concerned about. If the light of your eye shines brightly, you see these things for what they are. These things range from everything like an "atmosphere" (i.e., a bad atmosphere in a place of suffering or a good atmosohere in a happy place) to things which act like gods and even to things like the greys and reptilians. These things exist with the momentum of their creation and acquire fresh momentum with ongong creation — hence why the greys are attention seekers.

Reverence for the Earth is a good thing, but it is healthier not to think of the Earth as a goddess to be placated and worshipped. Rather, it should be of a pragmatic sense. Our lives depend upon the Earth, thus the relationship is one of recognising this relationship and being grateful for what the Earth provides. The Earth is a collectivity of spirits, human, (other) animals, plants, rocks, landscape items like mountains and rivers. "Revering" the Earth (I have problems with the word "revere", but it suffices) is acknowledging how all these various spirits come together and how harmony between these contributors creates the world in which we live. The sun of course is a part of this, even though it is not physically located here. In this sense, there is something of a sliding scale between "religious veneration" and "spiritual ecology"

But at the same time, we can use "the Earth", "the Sun" and "the Moon" as symbols. In my schemata, the Sun is a symbol for the supernal source because it depends upon nothing but itself and it continually emanates — the source emanates existence, the Sun light. In this particular schema, the Moon represents physical life because in itself, it has no light of its own. The new moon is like the physical world devoid of spirituality. When the moon is full, it reflects the maximum amount of the Sun's light, thus the full moon is like a physical life fully endowed with spirit.

In this paradigm, the Sun is like the source and thus I call it "Glory" while the Moon is the image of glory in the physical world, thus I call it "Reflected Glory". The relationship between the two is like that between the Source and the heart chakra (again, in my paradigm... I keep repeating this because I don't want to appear to be "defining dogma", but rather describing my own view). Hence, the Source is "Glory's Root" and the heart chakra, as the conduit through which source energy enters and vigorates the physical world, is called "Glory's Twin".

None of this requires that the Moon be what it appears to be. It might be a desserted space ship, the headquarters of a hostile force or the observatory of a watching species. It might be a transmitter projecting space-time over the Earth. It might be a lump of rock. Would it augment the matter if the Moon was a lump of rock? Indeed, it seems pleasingly aesthetic to think that perhaps the Moon is a sinister imposition and yet can still provide spiritual insight. It's almost as though the spirit prevails over the profane :-)

Sorry, this post is far too long.

Seikou-Kishi
10th December 2014, 11:42
Moon phase, moon rise, moon set, sunrise and sunset, all can be used tor timing in sorcery. So can the hands on an old fashioned clock.

The phases of the moon are a consequence of the way the moon orbits the earth. The face of a clock divides days into an endless succession of repeating circles. The year is a consequence of the way the earth orbits the sun and we even represent this astrologically as the wheel of the zodiac. You can take a circle and divide it into quarters and call these quarters north, east, south and west, or winter, spring, summer and autumn. All of these are ever-repeating cycles. All of these. As wheels, they even create sine waves as they turn: summer is the height of the year, noon the height of the day, the full moon the height of the lunar calendar. Therefore, they all represent the continual interchange between yang and yin, between activity and rest, between brightness and darkness, all a gradual procession towards zenith and nadir.

Perfect for timing :-)

Catsquotl
10th December 2014, 12:17
Sorry, this post is far too long.

Never, I could read these posts for hours... Loosing time all together...

WIth Love
Eelco

Pris
10th December 2014, 21:03
I am a seed spiralling down from the branches of a great sycamore tree; all that the tree is exists within me.

Yes, revere yourself.

Feels like the more we know the less we know or maybe i am going in circles like that jolly snake trying to eat itself..

Yes, the more we know the less we know. Perhaps, don't think in terms of circles... Think of spiraling upward.

Pris
10th December 2014, 21:11
I will not wholly trust any writing unless I am certain I know the author (more biblical sense than "Hi Bud").

I would not wholly trust anything. No one can be certain of everything (including authors :)), but we all have to start somewhere.

modwiz
10th December 2014, 21:33
The ability to reason has been some help. The senses are, as Ebenezer Scrooge asserted, liars. And my emotions are not always a reliable indicator for contact with things unseen.

I tend to place my sense of trust in a dynamic and temporal based fashion. I trust everyone.........to reveal who they really are.

I trust everything will be revealed in the fullness of time.

Stoat muldoon
10th December 2014, 22:37
Yes, revere yourself.

Yes, the more we know the less we know. Perhaps, don't think in terms of circles... Think of spiraling upward.Why think ? just be .

Pris
10th December 2014, 23:06
I tend to place my sense of trust in a dynamic and temporal based fashion. I trust everyone.........to reveal who they really are.

I trust everything will be revealed in the fullness of time.

LOL! :) Awesome.

Pris
10th December 2014, 23:42
Why think ? just be .

Hah! :) I see your point. Of course. Again, the more I know, the less I know. Then, I have to unlearn...

At least, I'm relying more on my intuition these days. Still, I find having critical thinking skills very helpful on this plane of existence.

I do not consider myself wise. That is why I'm still thinking.

PurpleLama
11th December 2014, 00:06
as soon as you stop thinking, then you will approach wisdom.

Pris
11th December 2014, 00:21
as soon as you stop thinking, then you will approach wisdom.

Approach... of course. :)

PurpleLama
11th December 2014, 00:40
It's all any of us ever do. There is no end to it.

Catsquotl
11th December 2014, 04:11
I would not wholly trust anything. No one can be certain of everything (including authors :)), but we all have to start somewhere.

But it isn't about certainty is it? Nothing is certain, maybe except for the fact that this to will change.
It is about learning new idea's. Becoming inspired. Its about exploration..

WIth Love
Eelco

Shezbeth
11th December 2014, 11:46
So how do you practice your craft?
How do you relate to the gods of old when the astral planes are emptying out and dissolving.
How can you revere anything when you know it is all mind.

I nod in deference to your excellent inquiry. That right there is the answer to the 3rd inquiry quoted,... I don't do reverence, but I will show deference to that which seems apt. I don't know that I can explain it any further, other than to say that I am deferrential to that which seems and/or is conducive and non-deferrential to that which seems and/or is non-conducive.

I do not relate in a literal sense to the gods of old. The first step in establishing myself in my chosen path was to emancipate from extant guides, deities, etc. If there is something worth learning, I shall - in my own perusal and pursuits - stumble across it and/or dig to find it, but the pursuit of one archetype or another whether by name, doctrine, etc. is something I have long since passed. Instead, I follow what interests me and make correlations and observances along the way based on inspiration, and previous ideas. In this manner I learn things while learning about previous things.

I practice my craft through a rigorous physical emergence regiment, a relentless pursuit of information and ideas, and a refinement and bolstering of the spirit. The tradition I have developed involves philosophical and literal strategy for all three, and grows and develops as I do. As said, there are no 'gods' or even authorities to my way, and deference is only for those who are likewise authorities in their own experience and have information/example which is pertinent. It is a sharing of ideas from the one who has them to the one who might use them, but conducted by equals and often in both directions; to those who find my experience conducive and are deferrential in their pursuit I am an open book and a ready resource.

There are no masters nor disciples, but there are teachers and students, and participants are both teacher AND student.

Catsquotl
11th December 2014, 17:02
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-4rOboHo7v6I/VInbjdAhIwI/AAAAAAAAAjQ/5osVj8UbJUA/w1044-h223-no/Buckland%27s%2BComplete%2BBook%2Bof%2BWitchcraft.j pg

Enjoying the buckland book.

WIth Love
Eelco

Catsquotl
11th December 2014, 17:56
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-0fD5REe8wQg/VInoPut1aYI/AAAAAAAAAjw/76APcEwX-jM/w293-h590-no/priest_priestess.bmp

With Love
Eelco

Shezbeth
11th December 2014, 23:46

Outside of my own experience, no there isn't. I regularly and consistently observe individuals appealing to this archetype or that, usually without realizing it. I am not want to control the behaviors of others however, and their example only reaffirms my own choice to emancipate myself from such fixations and compulsions. In a metaphorical sense, the 'gods' and 'demons' et al who have been banished seek to extract vengeance through intermediaries (those I come in contact with who are less conscious of their motivations), but again that is not for me to either put a stop to nor try to control.

Beyond that, if a god or whatever should be doomed to a lifetime/eternity/whatever of un-fulfillment simply because little ol' me is no longer willing/interested to/in playing, then I am of the mind that 'it' is quite deserving of the fate it should find its self experiencing,... if it is/has a self, etc.

I should also point out that while I am disinclined to entertain these archetypes, I will not hesitate to use the principles of them in a strategic sense. In whatever capacity, I have a relative comprehension of these archetypes, and when situation calls for I will engage in behaviors that are consistent with them, though without the fixation. This might seem like I am arguing semantics, and that is not an inappropriate observation, however the distinction lies in that word mentioned before, compulsion. It isn't that circumstances present themselves and I respond from a disposition of this or that, but that I choose - strategically, methodically, and deliberately - to emulate certain behavior patterns as the need presents.

This is the essence (AFAIK) of what Don Juan meant by 'stalking' when guiding Carlos Castaneda. If I could be said to maintain any archetypes (it has been said that both Don's were allegorical and not legitimate, extant individuals), it would be that of Don Juan and Don Genaro, who themselves depict two poles of personal emergence; one expresses himself from a position of reserved and assertive discipline, whereas the other operates more along the lines of free-flowing expression. Both are examples of refinement and emergence, but differ in their method of display.

Catsquotl
14th December 2014, 06:24
Hmmm I am very much enjoying the Buckland's complete book of witchcraft.
Even though i am not reading it cover to cover, but read the sections I enjoy. There is something "magical" or powerfull in the way all these topics of which I studied a few allready as singlular studies to be under the umbrella of "religion".

I guess I am a succer for tradition and older symbolism, especially with my new found realisation. Thanks SK. Of using the religion as an extention of inner symbolism. The god and goddes within. Instead of the green lady and Cernunnos as seperate entities.

It always amazes me how I can use a certain set of terminologies for years. And than realize the same thing on an overwhelmingly deeper and more profound layer of ME than i would have imagined, but secretely hoped for.

WIth Love
Eelco

Catsquotl
14th December 2014, 08:49
Being ones own priest, ones own priestess symbolising your connection to those parts that remain a mystery.
Loving yourself as you pay homage to them and recieve there blessings.

https://muires.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/owlwhite.jpg

With Love
Eelco

Elfe Mya
14th December 2014, 09:26
I 'practice' through the heart and let the magic unfold through my life and my human in this lifetime. With lots of love, joy, pain and trust and faith. I let go of the need to understand and know everything and just get what I need along the way, the flow, I just don't really need anything more really. I wrote 'practice' because it is not practicing, it is being. Thanks for this beautiful thread !

Catsquotl
14th December 2014, 10:37
Twas the night before Yuletide and all through the glen
Not a creature was stirring, not a fox, not a hen.
A mantle of snow shone brightly that night
As it lay on the ground, reflecting moonlight.

The faeries were nestled all snug in their trees,
Unmindful of flurries and a chilly north breeze.
The elves and the gnomes were down in their burrows,
Sleeping like babes in their soft earthen furrows.

When low! The earth moved with a thunderous quake,
Causing chairs to fall over and dishes to break.
The Little Folk scrambled to get on their feet
Then raced to the river where they usually meet.

“What happened?” they wondered, they questioned, they probed,
As they shivered in night clothes, some bare-armed, some robed.
“What caused the earth's shudder? What caused her to shiver?”
They all spoke at once as they stood by the river.

Then what to their wondering eyes should appear
But a shining gold light in the shape of a sphere.
It blinked and it twinkled, it winked like an eye,
Then it flew straight up and was lost in the sky.

Before they could murmur, before they could bustle,
There emerged from the crowd, with a swish and a rustle,
A stately old crone with her hand on a cane,
Resplendent in green with a flowing white mane.

As she passed by them the old crone's perfume,
Smelling of meadows and flowers abloom,
Made each of the fey folk think of the spring
When the earth wakes from slumber and the birds start to sing.

“My name is Gaia,” the old crone proclaimed
in a voice that at once was both wild and tamed,
“I've come to remind you, for you seem to forget,
that Yule is the time of re-birth, and yet…”

“I see no hearth fires, hear no music, no bells,
The air isn't filled with rich fragrant smells
Of baking and roasting, and simmering stews,
Of cider that's mulled or other hot brews.”

“There aren't any children at play in the snow,
Or houses lit up by candles’ glow.
Have you forgotten, my children, the fun
Of celebrating the rebirth of the sun?”

She looked at the fey folk, her eyes going round,
As they shuffled their feet and stared at the ground.
Then she smiled the smile that brings light to the day,
“Come, my children,” she said, “Let's play.”

They gathered the mistletoe, gathered the holly,
Threw off the drab and drew on the jolly.
They lit a big bonfire, and they danced and they sang.
They brought out the bells and clapped when they rang.

They strung lights on the trees, and bows, oh so merry,
In colors of cranberry, bayberry, cherry.
They built giant snowmen and adorned them with hats,
Then surrounded them with snow birds, and snow cats and bats.

Then just before dawn, at the end of their fest,
Before they went homeward to seek out their rest,
The fey folk they gathered ‘round their favorite oak tree
And welcomed the sun ‘neath the tree's finery.

They were just reaching home when it suddenly came,
The gold light returned like an arrow-shot flame.
It lit on the tree top where they could see from afar
The golden-like sphere turned into a star.

The old crone just smiled at the beautiful sight,
"Happy Yuletide, my children," she whispered. "Good night."

Author unknown to me

With Love
Eelco

Catsquotl
19th December 2014, 14:45
So in preperation for Yule on which i will do my first casting of a circle and maybe a little magic. I was wondering about the meaning of the light being reborn.

My impression is that in the time between samhain and yule a conception is taking place.
During yule the fruit of that conception is settling in, nesting if you wil. Akin to the planting of a seed or a foutus is nesting in its mothers womb.

Any ritual or magic in that regard will for me evolve around the settling in of my newfound insight. Letting it slowly strengthen in mystery over the coming months until it's strong enough to emerge and start growing in the light.

So what are your ideas about the reemergence of light?

With Love
Eelco

Shezbeth
19th December 2014, 22:38
You might find that workings centered around emergence, renewal, evolution, etc. will be particularly apt and effective at this time, as well as heralding the conclusion of darker days, etc. However, the initial sprouting of the seed should not be confused with the flowering,... that comes later. ^_~

Seikou-Kishi
20th December 2014, 07:27
You might find that workings centered around emergence, renewal, evolution, etc. will be particularly apt and effective at this time, as well as heralding the conclusion of darker days, etc. However, the initial sprouting of the seed should not be confused with the flowering,... that comes later. ^_~

The sprouting comes later too ;-)

Winter, midnight, the new moon... These are times when what sinks and draws downwards stops and begins the climb back upwards. Midwinter is the root chakra unfolding. What is brought down incubates, ready for immergence later on.

Seikou-Kishi
20th December 2014, 07:56
Any ritual or magic in that regard will for me evolve around the settling in of my newfound insight. Letting it slowly strengthen in mystery over the coming months until it's strong enough to emerge and start growing in the light.

So what are your ideas about the reemergence of light?

With Love
Eelco

Yes, precisely! In summer, plants absorb all the sun's light and towards autumn and winter begins the retreat: all this energy travels into the roots which swell with starch. In the same way, our spiritual insights and advances are condensed down to the nethermost point of our being where they incubate at this time ready to return as integral parts of our consciousness. All such things are condensed down and like food being broken down into the building blocks of our own bodies we break down these spiritual insights and build ourselves anew of them.

Winter is the time to digest the year's harvest within our own earth, our own womb or alembic. The more nutritious our subtrate, the higher our branches reach and the higer our branches reach, the more nutritious next year's subtrate. It is a positive feedback loop. The seed you sow determines the crop you reap and the crop you reap determines the seed you sow.

What is the re-emergence of the light except a light whose shining is now visible where it once was not? It is a mere trick of perspective, for what is a light that doesn't shine but the absence of a light? It is like asking for a being "which doesn't be". Thus, even when the light is hidden, it remains light. But again we bear witness to the light's shine; the rays of our light radiate outwards. Thus, the re-ermergence of the light is a time in which our inward-shining light, having stewed itself in the deepest, darkest alembic of our being, shines not only inwardly but also outwardly; we take what we have gained and ply it into the world, building that light into its very fabric.

This is the "anchoring"; as St Theresa of Avilla said, God has no hands on Earth but yours. Every human spirit endowed with a body in this world is a union of the spiritual with the physical — each one a continuum filtering down from the rarest aether to this dense hell and thus is each one a conduit between those worlds which seem so distinct. Each one is a medium via which the highest spiritual potency can be drawn down into the physical. As the plants absorb their sunlight and squirrel it away within their roots to fuel next year's growth, so do we take in spiritual light and mature it in our own understanding ready to share it with the world.

The re-ermergence of the light is nothing less than divine intervention: it is the realisation that every human spirit is a divine agent; every human act an instance of the divine interacting with the physical world.

john parslow
20th December 2014, 08:47
Never, I could read these posts for hours... Loosing time all together...

WIth Love
Eelco

Me too, Seikou is such a fascinating writer ... :whstl:

Spiral
20th December 2014, 20:21
Yes, precisely! In summer, plants absorb all the sun's light and towards autumn and winter begins the retreat: all this energy travels into the roots which swell with starch. In the same way, our spiritual insights and advances are condensed down to the nethermost point of our being where they incubate at this time ready to return as integral parts of our consciousness. All such things are condensed down and like food being broken down into the building blocks of our own bodies we break down these spiritual insights and build ourselves anew of them.

Winter is the time to digest the year's harvest within our own earth, our own womb or alembic. The more nutritious our subtrate, the higher our branches reach and the higer our branches reach, the more nutritious next year's subtrate. It is a positive feedback loop. The seed you sow determines the crop you reap and the crop you reap determines the seed you sow.

What is the re-emergence of the light except a light whose shining is now visible where it once was not? It is a mere trick of perspective, for what is a light that doesn't shine but the absence of a light? It is like asking for a being "which doesn't be". Thus, even when the light is hidden, it remains light. But again we bear witness to the light's shine; the rays of our light radiate outwards. Thus, the re-ermergence of the light is a time in which our inward-shining light, having stewed itself in the deepest, darkest alembic of our being, shines not only inwardly but also outwardly; we take what we have gained and ply it into the world, building that light into the its very fabric.

This is the "anchoring"; as St Theresa of Avilla said, God has no hands on Earth but yours. Every human spirit endowed with a body in this world is a union of the spiritual with the physical — each one a continuum filtering down from the rarest aether to this dense hell and thus is each one a conduit between those worlds which seem so distinct. Each one is a medium via which the highest spiritual potency can be drawn down into the physical. As the plants absorb their sunlight and squirrel it away within their roots to fuel next year's growth, so do we take in spiritual light and mature it in our own understanding ready to share it with the world.

The re-ermergence of the light is nothing less than divine intervention: it is the realisation that every human spirit is a divine agent; every human act an instance of the divine interacting with the physical world.

This is one of the best posts I have ever read, possibly because it is synchronicitous (made up word ?) with where I find myself right now.

I have "Interior Castle" on the shelf unread, maybe time to pick it up ?

Catsquotl
2nd January 2015, 04:14
In the still dark says between Yule and Imbolc.
A new spark / zygote is finding its way through the ampulla of the uterine tube to find a place to nest in the womb.

Let it find its way in mystery and silence. It knows how to anchor itself. No need to snuff it out before it's ripened is there...

With Love
Eelco

Catsquotl
4th January 2015, 10:32
Otter: Jan 20 – Feb 18

A little quirky, and unorthodox, the Otter is a hard one to figure sometimes. Perceived as unconventional, the Otter methods aren’t the first ones chosen to get the job done. This is a big mistake on the part of others – because although unconventional, the Otter’s methods are usually quite effective.

Yes, the Otter has unusual way of looking at things, but he/she is equipped with a brilliant imagination and intelligence, allowing him/her an edge over every one else. Often very perceptive and intuitive, the Otter makes a very good friend, and can be very attentive.

In a nurturing environment the Otter is sensitive, sympathetic, courageous, and honest. Left to his/her own devices, the Otter can be unscrupulous, lewd, rebellious, and isolated.

With Love
Eelco

Catsquotl
4th January 2015, 10:38
As armies without light advance.
And peoples minds are corrupted
who will stand alone and radiate its smile

Who can accept, embrace and love
Who can stay true to his human nature...

So often have disillusion and bitter resentment taken us away.
So often have disconnectedness and regret closed our hearts.

Its time to fight they say.
It never was and never will.

All that ever was, is to Love

With Love
Eelco

modwiz
4th January 2015, 10:42
I am Otter. One of my seven animal totems is also Otter. Animal Medicine cards call Otter, Woman Medicine. Coyote, Crow, Armadillo and Moose are four others.

Catsquotl
4th January 2015, 10:46
I know ;)

Just was pleased to see Otter as one of the few totems I regularly see has a connection to my birthday as well.
I didn't know that before..

WIth Love
Eelco

Catsquotl
4th January 2015, 10:48
As animal totmes go. I am sure of Otter..
Owl must be in there to, but hasn't been for more than a few years.
Hawk or buzzard is another...

Not sure about the rest. Feeling some rodent energy in there as well though

With Love
Eelco

modwiz
4th January 2015, 10:56
As animal totmes go. I am sure of Otter..
Owl must be in there to, but hasn't been for more than a few years.
Hawk or buzzard is another...

Not sure about the rest. Feeling some rodent energy in there as well though

With Love
Eelco

I have named 5 of my seven totems because they are the one that come to quick recall. Lizard is another of mine, there is just one more. Crow=law, Armadillo=boundaries, Moose=esteem, lizard=dreaming, Coyote=trickster.

Just remembered. Bear=introspection.

Catsquotl
4th January 2015, 14:00
Hiya,

I seem very talkative today.
Just feel it is neccisary to state that everything I write are momentary lapses of now.
Which hold no power in the past or future.. So in essence you can disregard it completely.
Because by the time you read them they no longer are.

Stories of imagined life's. Tales of unexpected happenings. Figments of imagination even.
Concepts and idea's. Even the breath you are breathing now holds more truth than anything I can think of.

With Love
Eelco

modwiz
4th January 2015, 14:02
Hiya,

I seem very talkative today.
Just feel it is neccisary to state that everything I write are momentary lapses of now.
Which hold no power in the past or future.. So in essence you can disregard it completely.
Because by the time you read them they no longer are.

Stories of imagined life's. Tales of unexpected happenings. Figments of imagination even.
Concepts and idea's. Even the breath you are breathing now holds more truth than anything I can think of.

With Love
Eelco

Works for me. Keep it coming. You have the start of a thoughtful thread going here.

Catsquotl
4th January 2015, 19:53
In order to get to a karma, or specific event that is in the past.
Say the start of a friendship which feels it has spanned lifetimes, back in the day where I held on to a different outlook on life where these things were inside my paradigm I would use the following technique.

I sit down with my pendulum and several charts.
usually an world-map. a collection of random words chosen from the language of one or a Tarot deck and a thesaurus.
I would pendulum for a timeline, places on the map and a bunch of words after which i'd let it stew.
All through the day i'd think and feel into it.
Noting impressions and random thoughts which I would quickly muscle test for their relevance.

Somehow within hours to days in the shower or the bathtub a narrative would form.
Pictures would emerge telling the story and I would accept that (if muscle testing concurred) as truth.

With Love
Eelco

Catsquotl
5th January 2015, 04:29
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nNxE_nYU7Bk/T4m-Md2XheI/AAAAAAAALR8/REm0Iu92tsM/s1600/Ishtar2.jpg

Inanna was the Queen of Heaven who journey into the darkness of the underworld to visit her sister/shadow aspect of herself. At each of the 7 gates on her path downward she was asked to give up something of meaning; her jewels, her robes, her crown until she was naked and vulnerable; stripped of everything that she thought defined her.

When she met with her sister/shadow self, she was bare. Angry at her presence, her shadow sister Ereshkigal kills her and hangs her corpse on a hook. She is brought back to life 3 Days later with the help of her loyal priestess and returns to rule more wise and powerful before.

The lesson of Inanna and her descant into the underworld is one of stripping bare all the parts we believe define us and in this vulnerable and naked place merging with your own darkness to rebirth yourself as One. It is a deep well to dive into and one that awakens you and rebirths you into your truth

WIth Love
Eelco

Catsquotl
5th January 2015, 18:48
Last year A Fool.
This Year.......

No Change.

With Love
Eelco

Calabash
5th January 2015, 21:34
Last year A Fool.
This Year.......

No Change.

With Love
Eelco

ah, but . . . a funny, wise and loving one nonetheless :) x

Catsquotl
6th January 2015, 03:44
About

The first day of autumn
returning from alms round
I set down my bowl by the temple
to go play with the children.
Last year: a foolish monk.
This year: no change.

–Ryokan

WIth Love
Eelco

Catsquotl
6th January 2015, 08:35
It's sad that most human beings are unable to grasp the concept of not knowing something.
The idea that someone elses experience may hold idea's, experiences and points of view so totaly opposite of our own inner life we cannot find the decensy to acknowledge the other person for what they believe or hold as truth.

I am as much most human being here as anyone else and confronted with conflicting ideas I too go through denail, oppositional behaviour..

But thats just because I am usualy right.

With Love
Eelco

Catsquotl
6th January 2015, 09:24
So who or what is God.

Is there a being conscious of every little thing?
Is there a being that knows all?

Or is it the flow of life. A spark igniting creational forces?
Or is (s)he just as much a figment of an imagined nation as the next..

With Love
Eelco

Calabash
6th January 2015, 11:29
It's sad that most human beings are unable to grasp the concept of not knowing something.
The idea that someone elses experience may hold idea's, experiences and points of view so totaly opposite of our own inner life we cannot find the decensy to acknowledge the other person for what they believe or hold as truth.

I am as much most human being here as anyone else and confronted with conflicting ideas I too go through denail, oppositional behaviour..

But thats just because I am usualy right.

With Love
Eelco

Speaking for myself, I don't always know that I don't know. Sometimes I think I do know when I don't know and then I think I don't know when I do know . . .
Gotcha . . . :)

Catsquotl
7th January 2015, 07:24
What a funny thing the emotional body is.
Here I was thinking i had lost touch with it.

Well not anymore...

With Love
Eelco

Sooz
7th January 2015, 08:15
Speaking for myself, I don't always know that I don't know. Sometimes I think I do know when I don't know and then I think I don't know when I do know . . .
Gotcha . . . :)

Never have more true words been said...:priest:
Sooz

Catsquotl
8th January 2015, 04:01
Just wanting to wish everybody the best of 2 weeks one could have.
Have fun like children, stay vigilant and think like adults

Funny times with funky energies are out and about it seems.
Blessed be and stay save ok.
I'll be back in a week or 2

With Love
Eelco

Catsquotl
9th June 2017, 22:05
Much like the Pagan sabbat Beltane and the more secular May Day, Flower Moon observations revolve around the bounty and beauty of nature this time of year (hence the moon's name). If you wish, you can absolutely spend this lunar phase celebrating nature and keep it as simple as that — after all, just taking a walk can be a full moon ritual. That said, this is also a great time to focus on the changes going on in your personal life, rather than the outside world.

With Love
Eelco