PDA

View Full Version : Manuka Honey for Burns

Sooz
22nd November 2014, 13:32
Just thought I would document another experience with Manuka Honey. And I'm not talking about Manuka Honey from the supermarket, but the pharmaceutical grade stuff.

Burnt my wrist last night badly on a baking oven tin. It swelled up red and was very painful and throbbing. It was about 2 inches wide. What to do? Smeared a bit of Manuka honey on it.

Almost immediately the pain and throbbing stopped. Then I forgot about it.

Only today 24 hours later I thought about it again. There is almost nothing there, only a slight thin red mark.

If I had not treated it with the honey, I'm sure it would have swelled further and blistered.

Amazing stuff.

Everyone should have pharmaceutical grade Manuka Honey in their pantry. First sign of a cold or flu? Get a teaspoon into you. Any cuts or abrasions, smear a bit of Manuka honey on it.

The oil also cures gum disease.

sandy
22nd November 2014, 19:46
I have heard of the great healing properties of Manuka Honey Sooz so thank you for an actual testimony to such. Sounds amazing. I will have to research and see if we can get the pharmaceutical grade somewhere here in Western Canada. I have local honey purchased from local bee farmers in my area but it does not have these healing properties to my knowledge but hey I'm will even give it a try on a burn next time. :)

Just thought I would document another experience with Manuka Honey. And I'm not talking about Manuka Honey from the supermarket, but the pharmaceutical grade stuff.

Burnt my wrist last night badly on a baking oven tin. It swelled up red and was very painful and throbbing. It was about 2 inches wide. What to do? Smeared a bit of Manuka honey on it.

Almost immediately the pain and throbbing stopped. Then I forgot about it.

Only today 24 hours later I thought about it again. There is almost nothing there, only a slight thin red mark.

If I had not treated it with the honey, I'm sure it would have swelled further and blistered.

Amazing stuff.

Everyone should have pharmaceutical grade Manuka Honey in their pantry. First sign of a cold or flu? Get a teaspoon into you. Any cuts or abrasions, smear a bit of Manuka honey on it.

The oil also cures gum disease.

Elbie
22nd November 2014, 20:09
i did manuka active 15+ for years and it's good.

as of last year this time, i discovered and started taking buckwheat raw instead and it is AMAZING.. it may be a fine coincidence, but my up until last year regular hayfever symptoms cleared. totally..funny that, i kept waiting thinking it'll be may, no it'll be grass pollen in june, but no..my symptoms did not return.

no more flixonase, nasonex, beconase. buckwheat honey is better.

i bought another round and i am not switching. the taste is great too.

----post update-----

by the way, i have that pharmaceutical grade manuka, the one that says do not ingest, comes in a tube like any medical cream/ointment..again, it's good , i use it for minor skin irritations, bug bites and similar.
but NOTHING works better on burns than EGG YOLK! yes, humble egg yolk. apply it , if poss, as soon as you suffered a burn - by stove, open flame or boiling water...you can watch it cook on the surfice of your skin, taking the heat out..it will then form a thin crust, don't bother taking it off, it will come off on its' own.

your skin won't blister and the pain will go away overnight.. in the morning, just apply some olive oil or any similar like hemp, avocado or whatever good oil you have to hand.

tried and proven

Calabash
22nd November 2014, 22:50
This is good to know . . . and let's not forget good old papaya for burns (although I haven't seen papaya for months in UK come to think of it), so good to have an alternative.

Elbie
22nd November 2014, 23:01
This is good to know . . . and let's not forget good old papaya for burns (although I haven't seen papaya for months in UK come to think of it), so good to have an alternative.

i couldn't tell papaya from a mango..why bother going exotic when you may have that egg in the fridge.. you only need a small amount..having said that, it would depend on a surfice of affected area, but in either case, a thin layer would do..

p.s. i suffered a major accident at the time. luckily, my parents were with it and did not panic..instead, they cracked some eggs and only later took me to the hospital, just to check..all was fine. if you apply it quick enogh, there is no time for skin to blister or form a scar tissue as a result.

Calabash
22nd November 2014, 23:21
Just that papaya is a known Elbie. It's also good for breaking down the fibres in tough meat and is a lot different to a mango. A mango is delicious but papaya smells like vomit for a start. Back to burns, cling film is recommended instead of a cloth so that it doesn't stick and pull the skin off . . . .

Elbie
23rd November 2014, 00:36
Just that papaya is a known Elbie. It's also good for breaking down the fibres in tough meat and is a lot different to a mango. A mango is delicious but papaya smells like vomit for a start. Back to burns, cling film is recommended instead of a cloth so that it doesn't stick and pull the skin off . . . .

what's "a known"?

i sincerely do not know what papaya looks like..i could now go and search for pictures of it, still not be sure if I had to identify it. i'd probably rather go to the grocers' and say: may i have a papaya fruit please - it's not such a common fruit to be seen in europe. it certainly does not grow on trees like apples and pears - i guess it does in haiti and elsewhere.

i wouldn't apply any cloths or cling films on top of a yolk layer. i mean, if the skin is that badly scolded/burnt so it's broken, you'd need to be hospitalised asap for fear of infections... like we know, egg yolks do not come sterilised. it's a brill home remedy not a miracle and not for second or third degree burns. those can be clasified as wounds.

Calabash
23rd November 2014, 00:56

Cearna
23rd November 2014, 01:32
Papaya is more commonly known in Oz as paw paw, but we find plenty of it on the shelf as an ointment (one brand only costs $2.00). Lots of paw paw fruit in the north but we get it looking speckled and not looking the best from long haulage by trucks, it's good stuff, if you can get it looking better than we do. We have tubes stationed in different spots in the house and especially in the kitchen.

The label says: temporary relief from Dermatitis and Eczema

Helps against the drying effects of wind and sun

May be used for relief from minor burns, sunburn, minor open wounds, splinters and thorns (helps them to lift out of the skin by themselves) ,nappy rash

Helps maintain skins natural moisture

May ease the effects of the itchiness of mosquito and insect bites.
:eyebrows:

Sooz
23rd November 2014, 06:58
So glad that many people are aware of Manuka Honey!

I should have included this info in my first post - this is the jar I have:

Berringa, the Super Manuka +550 Strength
500 grams
Organic
http://berringa.com/
Not suitable for infants under 12 months

I bought it about 6 months ago and it is 'best before August 2017' so it has really long shelf life.
Not cheap, I think from memory it was about $60, so it's not the kind of honey you spread on your morning toast, lol. Treat it as a medicine.

I have no financial affiliation with this company.

Mods if this info is against the forum rules, please delete.

Cheers,
Sooz

Elbie
23rd November 2014, 11:13
So glad that many people are aware of Manuka Honey!

I should have included this info in my first post - this is the jar I have:

Berringa, the Super Manuka +550 Strength
500 grams
Organic
http://berringa.com/
Not suitable for infants under 12 months

I bought it about 6 months ago and it is 'best before August 2017' so it has really long shelf life.
Not cheap, I think from memory it was about $60, so it's not the kind of honey you spread on your morning toast, lol. Treat it as a medicine.

I have no financial affiliation with this company.

Mods if this info is against the forum rules, please delete.

Cheers,
Sooz

what's berringa +550 capable of?
thanks

Sooz
23rd November 2014, 11:22
what's berringa +550 capable of?
thanks

Hi Elbie, +550 is VERY potent. There is only one other Manuka Honey which is more potent than this one.

All I know is that I work with a lot of sick people, kids snotty tissues, that sort of thing. Combined with using an essential oil gargle every day (the ingredients are here on the forum somehwhere), and if I sense the SLIGHTEST feeling in my throat, I swallow a teaspoon of the honey and follow up a few hours later with colloidal silver.

Have not had a cold, flue or anything for 4 years now. Before this protocol, I used to get at least one cold and/or flu a year.

So something must be working.

If you go to the website I supplied you can find more information. It really is wonderful stuff. No home should be without it imo.

I reckon the stuff could even fight Ebola! Not that I know anything about that.;)

Elbie
23rd November 2014, 11:34
Hi Elbie, +550 is VERY potent. There is only one other Manuka Honey which is more potent than this one.

All I know is that I work with a lot of sick people, kids snotty tissues, that sort of thing. Combined with using an essential oil gargle every day (the ingredients are here on the forum somehwhere), and if I sense the SLIGHTEST feeling in my throat, I swallow a teaspoon of the honey and follow up a few hours later with colloidal silver.

Have not had a cold, flue or anything for 4 years now. Before this protocol, I used to get at least one cold and/or flu a year.

So something must be working.

If you go to the website I supplied you can find more information. It really is wonderful stuff. No home should be without it imo.

I reckon the stuff could even fight Ebola! Not that I know anything about that.;)

you won't ever have to fight it..ebola won't get near you, given your arsenal. i achieve similar with organic, undiluted wild oil of oregano, but would like to have that baby on my shelf too. thanks.

and as per usual, it's not the germs , it's the terrain.

Sooz
23rd November 2014, 11:48
I have wild oil of oregano next on my list.

Thing is, you need these things immediately when things strike. You don't have the time to do a search, buy something online and wait for delivery, or get in your car to go get it.

You need to have these things in your medicine cabinet now. Even if not for yourself, but your family, friends and neighbours.

Educate others.:) Big Pharma is not the answer. Nature is.

sandy
23rd November 2014, 21:53
Thanks for the website Sooz and tips.....you too Elbie......Oregano oil is a staple with me too as well as coloidal silver........fixing up a tooth infection using coloidal silver with my little pooch and it is working like a damn.

Frances
24th November 2014, 00:41
Honey+550 or the Oregano Oil, what is best for a cold sore?
Do both work?
Once you have the cold sore virus it does not go away, so it's best to treat the attack at the start.
My husband likes the idea of honey, but all comments are taken with kind consideration.
Frances.

Sooz
24th November 2014, 00:46
Honey+550 or the Oregano Oil, what is best for a cold sore?
Do both work?
Once you have the cold sore virus it does not go away, so it's best to treat the attack at the start.
My husband likes the idea of honey, but all comments are taken with kind consideration.
Frances.

Hi Francis, I believe manuka honey or the oil clears up cold sores in a short time.

I also came across something the other day for cold sores -Melissa True oil (sometimes called lemon balm oil), it is quite pricy too. Some people say when it's used, they never get a cold sore again. Could be worth a try as well?

Sooz

Edit: Just remembered - I have also read that some people use 1 drop a day of the Melissa True oil as an anti-depressant! One drop on the tongue apparently.

You could also try a silver solution in gel form for the cold sore.

Chickadee
25th November 2014, 02:17
I have heard of the great healing properties of Manuka Honey Sooz so thank you for an actual testimony to such. Sounds amazing. I will have to research and see if we can get the pharmaceutical grade somewhere here in Western Canada. I have local honey purchased from local bee farmers in my area but it does not have these healing properties to my knowledge but hey I'm will even give it a try on a burn next time. :)

Sandy!!! You can totally find it I'm Western Canada. If you're in a city central or near one, go to a health hub, or an organic shop. I've been using it for years. My kids love it ( little weirdos.. It's kinda got a strange, different, not your regular honey taste, and it's dark in colour.) get the highest grade available .. It's expensive, but it doesn't go bad and well worth the money.

Chickadee
25th November 2014, 02:24
Hi Francis, I believe manuka honey or the oil clears up cold sores in a short time.

I also came across something the other day for cold sores -Melissa True oil (sometimes called lemon balm oil), it is quite pricy too. Some people say when it's used, they never get a cold sore again. Could be worth a try as well?

Sooz

Edit: Just remembered - I have also read that some people use 1 drop a day of the Melissa True oil as an anti-depressant! One drop on the tongue apparently.

You could also try a silver solution in gel form for the cold sore.

You can find the cure to all ailments though essential oils. But, you need pure, top therapeutic grade- otherwise, don't ever ingest them. They can be toxic. :). Well worth the investment!!!

Teehee, (wink wink).. And a profitable business.

Chickadee
25th November 2014, 03:16
Sooz,
I know how highly you speak of black cumin seed. I recently saw some "black oregano" oil. It's on my wish list. It's a combination of both the black cumin seed and wild oregano oils. It's the first I've seen anything "black cumin seed" in my part of the country. I could only imagine though it's potency and the wonder it could do.
Anyways, I just wanted to mention that :)

:back to topic:

Sooz
25th November 2014, 06:41
Sooz,
I know how highly you speak of black cumin seed. I recently saw some "black oregano" oil. It's on my wish list. It's a combination of both the black cumin seed and wild oregano oils. It's the first I've seen anything "black cumin seed" in my part of the country. I could only imagine though it's potency and the wonder it could do.
Anyways, I just wanted to mention that :)

:back to topic:

Hi Chickadee and All, I don't mind if the thread goes all over the shop - it's the information that is interesting!

Well, never heard of black oregano oil. In fact until recently I didn't know about oregano oil at all, and its health benefits. So its a blend of the two? Black cumin seed oil and Oregano Oil? Interesting.

Yes, and you are quite right to emphasise the importance of any natural product being absolutely pure and organic. Unfortunately as such, they tend to be a bit pricy - BUT they are very potent and one uses them sparingly. So, quite cost efficient anyway. Never spare the pennies for an inferior product.

Just as an aside, I recently hunted down more black cumin seed to use in cooking. (I found the pure, organic stuff in Jordan.) Still pretty cheap though, before everyone else cottons onto it....or some big conglomerate tries to patent it. What I didn't know, is that you have to 'heat-treat' it before you get the best out of it in cooking. So that's what I ordered. Already heat-treated. I still use the black cumin seed oil on my skin. It's great and CHEAP, so far.

sandy
25th November 2014, 20:47
Thanks chickadee, dee, dee, ....that is what goes thru my mind along with the twirttle of the chickadee' we have here in N Sask.........love them :) Will get me some of that OZZIE HONEY next time I go to Edmonton!

Sooz
29th November 2014, 12:26
Just something that jumped into to my mind. The 'Melissa True' Oil (sometimes known as lemon balm oil) is very good to open the heart chakra.

Just dab a couple of drops and massage the oil at your heart chakra, between the breasts, male or female.

I just did and the fragrance is magnificent as it warms on the skin and travels up to your nose....sublime....combined with some good music, it doesn't get any better than that....;)

Now I am going to have a glass of wine in my garden.

All is well.

Chickadee
10th December 2014, 17:16
Hi Chickadee and All, I don't mind if the thread goes all over the shop - it's the information that is interesting!

Well, never heard of black oregano oil. In fact until recently I didn't know about oregano oil at all, and its health benefits. So its a blend of the two? Black cumin seed oil and Oregano Oil? Interesting.

Yes, and you are quite right to emphasise the importance of any natural product being absolutely pure and organic. Unfortunately as such, they tend to be a bit pricy - BUT they are very potent and one uses them sparingly. So, quite cost efficient anyway. Never spare the pennies for an inferior product.

Just as an aside, I recently hunted down more black cumin seed to use in cooking. (I found the pure, organic stuff in Jordan.) Still pretty cheap though, before everyone else cottons onto it....or some big conglomerate tries to patent it. What I didn't know, is that you have to 'heat-treat' it before you get the best out of it in cooking. So that's what I ordered. Already heat-treated. I still use the black cumin seed oil on my skin. It's great and CHEAP, so far.

Yes! It is a combination! Maybe I'll get some one day and tell you about it!

I've found the world's purest, therapeutic grade oils and these babies for the most part can all be ingested! I make little pills and even my eldest daughter is taking them.

The results are phenomenal!! The flu bug tried to catch us here over the last three days- we beat it's sorry grossness right out of us! There's so many uses!! Aromatherapy works great though a diffuser too-
It actually kills viruses and bacteria through the air, and heals on a cellular level.. The oils actually absorb into the cells!

Melissa is on my wish list-
But for a less expensive heart chakra warm up, lemon and lime work great too!

And a peppermint and orange combination in a diffuser or even just a drop of each rubbed in the hands and inhaled and rubbed on the neck, is invigorating!
I'm totally addicted. :-)
A black pepper oil will curb cigarette cravings if inhaled..

I must say though, Frankincense is my optimal favourite - it was a gift to Jesus for all it's magical properties!

As of last week, I also started taking bee pollen in a homemade capsule- it's another gem given to us by those sweet bees! If you could get your hands on some manuka bee pollen over there in Ozzy land, Sooz-
You'd totally be hitting the jackpot!!!

Sandy, I love chickadees too-
My grandmother used to call me her little chickadee <3

Anyways,
I hope you're all doing well,

Ooo- one other thing I noticed; since taking essential oils, I have found myself naturally becoming more present.. It's like magic.

We are truly blessed to have such gifts from Earth herself.
Maybe, just maybe--- we will take big pharma down.

Lots of love,

Chickadee

Sooz
17th January 2015, 07:59
Another success story for high grade Manuka Honey. My brother has been very sick from whooping cough or pneumonia (not sure what it was) since last September, with a chronic cough. He's been trying all sorts of over the counter crap and I've been banging on about Manuka Honey. He finally got some, $85 for a small tub and took 1 teaspoon a day. Within 3 days his cough abated. He rang to tell me this today.

However, he started taking strong antibiotics around the same time. And yep, he reckons it was the antibiotics.:crazy: There is no doubt in my mind it was the Manuka! He's had the cough since September!

He's sitting on the fence though and continues to take 1 teaspoon a day.

And for the record, with my burn on the inside of my wrist, while the next day it was a thin red line (remember the original burn was around 2 inches x 2 inches), there is no scar now whatsoever. I'm convinced if I had not put the Manuka honey on it, it would have blistered, taken a long time to heal and would have left a scar.

Nature is awesome!

Sooz
9th March 2015, 08:53
Manuka Honey to the rescue....again.

Not for a burn this time. Today I was climbing an old timber ladder (don't ask, lol), got a little off balance on the first rung and while reaching out, got a nasty wooden splinter embedded under my thumb nail (yes, OUCH!).

Cut nail down as far as I could and started picking, poking and rummaging around to get the blasted thing out with tweezers. No success, that splinter was embedded too far down. Went back to work, when I came home it was throbbing and red. I didn't sterilise the clippers or the tweezers and now thought it might be infected or about to be.

Hit the start page - said to try a poultice of Epsom salts and water, tried that for all of 5 minutes, too messy. Another suggestion was to make a paste of baking soda as a poultice. Anyway decided to try the manuka honey again and put a bandaid on.

Two hours later I take it off to find half the splinter has reared it's ugly head enough for me to pluck it out with the tweezers. Yay! Also the throbbing, redness and swelling has abated. Still pretty sore though.

Will do the same tonight before I go to bed and hopefully the other half will be there for the plucking tomorrow morning. Truly remarkable stuff.:D

Ria
9th March 2015, 09:01
I wondering if the Manuka honey here in the UK has been zapped irradiated??comeing through customs. Because you have such impressive results.

Sooz
9th March 2015, 09:13
I wondering if the Manuka honey here in the UK has been zapped irradiated??comeing through customs. Because you have such impressive results.

Don't know Ria, could be. All of the Manuka Honey (I think most if not all), comes from New Zealand. There could be some farms here in Oz also. But it's native to NZ.

You can bet your bottom dollar though, because it's so good, they will try to stamp it out at some stage. Let's hope not.

Bear in mind, I'm talking pharmaceutical grade, not the stuff you buy in the supermarket and spread on your toast. A top grade Manuka Honey is about $85 a small tub, enough to last for a very long time and cheaper than one visit to the doctor here in Oz.

Sooz
9th March 2015, 09:32
This is the highest grade manuka honey you can buy. +900. It is frequently out of stock, it's in such high demand.

The manuka honey I have is +550 strength, only because they didn't have the +900 available when I wanted to buy it.

http://www.somethingaussie.com.au/products/?subCatId=51&subCatName=Manuka%20Honey

Interestingly, when I tried to start page this, it's not immediately available. You have to dig for it. So here is the link.

(I have no financial affiliation with this company).

Sooz