PDA

View Full Version : 85 Super Wealthy People Have More Money Than The Poorest 3.5 Billion Combined

Griff
15th November 2014, 10:38
Is it any wonder why the world is so poverty stricken when these people own half the wealth.....not to mention the interesting statistics of the 21 million slaves worldwide....And we thought slavery was a thing of the past....NOT!

http://republicbroadcasting.org/85-super-wealthy-people-have-more-money-than-the-poorest-3-5-billion-combined/

Sooz
15th November 2014, 10:56
A very interesting and enlightening article.

Interesting also that the comments have been closed.

The great Australian Firewall in action?

Calabash
15th November 2014, 11:17
Is it any wonder why the world is so poverty stricken when these people own half the wealth.....not to mention the interesting statistics of the 21 million slaves worldwide....And we thought slavery was a thing of the past....NOT!

Good point but unfortunately only half the story Tania. If you open the pot just a little wider to something like 10% of the world's population having 90% of the wealth (not sure of my figures, but something of this magnitude), then this will include all of us in the western world who don't think we've got much at all because we just look to the likes of Rothschild, etc. I live in a council house in South London and work full time to make a living, yet to the average man in Bangladesh I am a very rich woman indeed.

gardener
15th November 2014, 13:38
You are right calabash, sometimes we forget to count our blessing's, albeit there are foodbanks and homeless people everywhere, my heart weep's just thinking about them, all we can do is try to help and to be thankful we have a roof over our head's.

Griff
16th November 2014, 05:17
Yes you're right Calabash it is closer to those figures really. Nevertheless, this article give you some ideas how we are all going backwards at a rate of knots. Thing is there's enough for everyone to live a joyous existence on Planet earth but the elites have no regard for humanity and are doing their best to ruin the planet, our health and harmony. This was not Mother Sophia's plan.