PDA

View Full Version : The toxic environment of child protection

Griff
14th November 2014, 10:47
Yet another disturbing insight into Child Abuse only this one is right under our nose......at home.

http://www.lukesarmy.com/content/paedophile-rings-protected-police-and-politicians-Australia

Sooz
14th November 2014, 10:58
Wow Griff, that is powerful stuff. Thanks for posting it. I only just started watching but it's getting late now.

I will look and watch it in full tomorrow.

Sheesh!...

Calabash
14th November 2014, 11:39
Thanks Tania (when can we be on Griff terms btw ?:) )

To be honest I'm perpetually surprised that this appalling behaviour meets with public docility worldwide. I know this is a love and light forum but I do wonder why there have been no strike backs. When vigilante attacks are reported it's always because there has been a case of mistaken identity. What we need is the same huge public response as when Diana was murdered. There are just too many involved in very high and very low places with the middle of the roads providing easy pickings with their apathy. What is happening (imo) is that we / the public are becoming desensitised. Even on the forum, just the same few people comment and post on this subject. It's not going to go away folks, not this time.

Sooz
14th November 2014, 11:57
Could not agree with you more!

sandy
14th November 2014, 21:46
I think child sexual abuse is still a very dark area of humanity that has touched most individuals in some way and somewhere in their own lineage and family tree. The indoctrination of be quiet, don't cause problems, it is your fault, it is too icky to mention let alone discuss and on and on, is one more aspect of the deep entrainment of keeping humanity enslaved and feeling unworthy.

Children are the epitomy of innocense and ill begotten others who are deeply conflicted and unconscious will take advantage to satisfy their need for power and control.

IMHO, this is a can of worms if opened fully, will consume and overtake societies already fragile existence and what is left of families and community cohesiveness will be decimated. However, it does need to be brought out in the open and the way it is happening publicly>>>from the top down>>>>slow and easy>>>> is purposeful.

Trust the process, don't stand in the way, and facilitate the progress when and where ever one can. At the same time know that this blight in humanity is finally having light shone on it too and thus the ugly darkness will be brought forth, slowly but surely as a result.

Calabash
14th November 2014, 22:37
Well said Sandy! Childhood has such a small window in a full lifetime and unfortunately it's those experiences that happen to us when we're so young that shape our lives forever. So to be raped and/or buggered senseless at 5 years of age by psychopaths doesn't augur well for living the next 70 years the way we were (surely) meant to. Some people would say it's karma - I would say I don't think so . . . .

ronin
14th November 2014, 22:52
possession comes to mind after what i have learned.
why would a good man go into a depression,well not why but did.
did this open doors for a attachment of something,taking over his mind?

Karma no.

a influence!maybe!
a person,s true intent i do not wish to believe in.

Calabash
14th November 2014, 22:57
I think you are right about possession Ronin . . . .

norman
14th November 2014, 23:55
That is one huge long page of reading.

I've been reading for 3 hours and I can't handle any more of it.

It's a solid brick wall of brutal twisted corruption from horizon to horizon.

As much as I want to see heads roll for it all, I'll be very angry if this matter gets downgraded to a roundup of small fry perverts and controlled minions thrown over the side to protect the higher-ups. This is going to have to be a complete revolution of power and I'm in awe of the task and the non likelihood of it really happening, in my lifetime, at least.

Sooz
15th November 2014, 07:12
Yes, it's a huge amount of information, but a lot of it is duplicated. I would be lying if I said I read everything word for word, it's so long.

But there is no doubt in my mind it's all the truth. All this pedo stuff in high places is like an evil spider web.

Before you give up and think it can't be exposed - each one of us here can do something. Post stuff far and wide, talk to people about it, light fires in their minds.

We can all do a little bit. Remember, if one Ant stands up, they might ALL stand up! And then 'they' lose their way of life. Bit by bit we need to work like the ants.

As for people like Amanda and Fiona (separate thread here on TOT), I bow down to them and others like them. They are the trailblazers. Absolutely fearless and we must stand behind them 100%.

Calabash
15th November 2014, 07:55
Agree 100% . . .

Still keep going back to the first question though: WHY? None of the answers I've come across cover the why's satisfactorily (there's something we're all missing here), and so even though I will do what I can, it will always be from a position of bewilderment and non-understanding . . .

PS: Even though this belongs on another thread I thought I'd post it here as a PS. It's the latest info I can find on the Ray Teret "trial", which started at the beginning of this month. It seems the machine is at work keeping the lid on tight. Given the furore of the Jimmy Savile revelations, you would think that the person with whom he shared several years of his horrible sadistic life with, would be emblazoned on the front page of every newspaper in the land. But it's not. Surely his relationship with Jimmy Savile will come up? It's all a bloody farce . . . .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29939877

Cearna
15th November 2014, 10:12
As to the WHY. the people at Rebirthing often felt that men had inborn fear of having hurt their mothers during childbirth and much of their abberant behaviour stems from that time during childbirth. Some also hate their mothers so much that they want to take out that hate out on someone that they can put fear into because they can't hit back - this is only a small part of it I know, they also went a great deal about the psychology behind the old rituals of circumcision which hits the psyche more than we can imagine it does.

As much as we say it makes us sick inside, I believe that most of these who abuse so badly are also sick inside themselves and often want to abuse themselves, more so than any one else, but they are in a repetitive want to sanction themselves at the same time. You know, I once opened the Bible, which happened to me very seldom, and the words were saying that if a man comes to visit, you should give them one of your daughters to have sex with, Now that has reviled me ever since I read it and that was the old testament, so what have men in their genes from days that far back, that they thought they could treat women of any age in such a way?

I won't go into the treatment metered out to young boys, because its time for bed and I'm having trouble seeing, too tired.

Wolf Khan
15th November 2014, 10:29
You know Christ didn't exist in this space/time so the phrase suffer the little children to come to me, has more significance to me now these days. It horrific to see religion condoning peadophilia, it makes me vomit.

That the end is near for these demons is very near indeed. The true gods/goddesses are returning and Gods help these evil demon lovers.. because the gods/goddesses wont.

Sooz
15th November 2014, 10:49
As to the WHY. the people at Rebirthing often felt that men had inborn fear of having hurt their mothers during childbirth and much of their abberant behaviour stems from that time during childbirth. Some also hate their mothers so much that they want to take out that hate out on someone that they can put fear into because they can't hit back - this is only a small part of it I know, they also went a great deal about the psychology behind the old rituals of circumcision which hits the psyche more than we can imagine it does.

As much as we say it makes us sick inside, I believe that most of these who abuse so badly are also sick inside themselves and often want to abuse themselves, more so than any one else, but they are in a repetitive want to sanction themselves at the same time. You know, I once opened the Bible, which happened to me very seldom, and the words were saying that if a man comes to visit, you should give them one of your daughters to have sex with, Now that has reviled me ever since I read it and that was the old testament, so what have men in their genes from days that far back, that they thought they could treat women of any age in such a way?

I won't go into the treatment metered out to young boys, because its time for bed and I'm having trouble seeing, too tired.

Cearna, not being one who has ever read the bible or went to church, save for Sunday School when very young, (my Father was a strict atheist), there is much in your post that rings true for me.

I hesitate to post this here, because it is so distasteful, but there is a view that Saville spent several days with his dead Mother in which he felt relieved to have her all to himself. Let's just leave it there. You can fill in the dots.

He also referred to his Mother as the 'Duchess'. There is also another view that he was born into the royal family, albeit as a ******* and/or illegitimate. Maybe that might explain his close relationship to the british royal family, in particular, prince charles.

Wishing you a good night sleep Cearna.

Sooz

gardener
15th November 2014, 16:02
We cannot allow ourselves to become complacent of these disgusting act's. we have got to keep this alive on our site's the more whitewash they throw on it the more we have got to strip it off, we must never forget these children, the world must fight for them, so lets make as many people aware as we possibly can, live's depend onour support.

norman
15th November 2014, 22:36
.....Still keep going back to the first question though: WHY? None of the answers I've come across cover the why's satisfactorily (there's something we're all missing here), and so even though I will do what I can, it will always be from a position of bewilderment and non-understanding . . .

People often discuss whether or not ETs are going to help us out here on this planet at this time.

I think something big IS on the cusp here. It may be that ETs HAVE been taking care of business at the extraterrestrial level, leaving these wicked human "elite" ( really lower than a snake's belly ) on their own to face the music if we humans get our act together and force them to account in a way that wasn't possible while they were protected by the presence and active engagement of a certain non human element that has been driven off recently.

There are a few statements and references people have made lately that MIGHT indicate something like this is so.

Simon Parks, talks about the human race having until 2017 to sort out what it really wants to do next.

"Atticus", when 'wots-er-name' ( that Bill Ryan ran away with ) interjected, confirmed that a 'certain entity' has indeed now left ( and - how the hell did she know that? - because he thought it was something VERY privi that only the 13 knew about ).

Also, generally, there are several public speakers on the internet radio circuit talking about a general clear-out of the whole solar system of a bad element that's been playing havoc with humanity for a very long time.

I'd like to not be left dangling wondering if there is any real truth to these 'indications', but it'll take a special revelation from god knows where for me to sleep at night really believing it.

Elbie
15th November 2014, 23:16
norman: "I'd like to not be left dangling wondering if there is any real truth to these 'indications', but it'll take a special revelation from god knows where for me to sleep at night really believing it."

ditto.

p.s. i tend to take s parkes's case seriously, tho not what's he professing ..unlike charles's/atticus's who does not have a case.

Calabash
15th November 2014, 23:24
imo ETs are not going to help us out as they have had plenty of opportunity and causes and they haven't averted war, famine or other calamities around the world, most of which have befallen third world countries (arguably). Even the ice age took its course without intervention, and that jiggered the planet for thousands of years. No, we're here to sort it out ourselves or else perish and then it will start all over again.

Pass the flippin' popcorn . . .

http://cdn.head-fi.org/7/74/350x233px-LL-74b82652_lozGr_GIF_Collection_of_someone_eating_po pcorn-s360x240-181194-580.gif

norman
15th November 2014, 23:39
imo ETs are not going to help us out as they have had plenty of opportunity and causes and they haven't averted war, famine or other calamities around the world, most of which have befallen third world countries (arguably). Even the ice age took its course without intervention, and that jiggered the planet for thousands of years. No, we're here to sort it out ourselves or else perish and then it will start all over again.

http://cdn.head-fi.org/7/74/350x233px-LL-74b82652_lozGr_GIF_Collection_of_someone_eating_po pcorn-s360x240-181194-580.gif

errr....well....... that's not strictly true. ET's ( or some very exotic hardware from somewhere ) HAVE been interfering with missile tests and poking their feelers into underground nuke sites.

I certainly don't think ETs are going to get down and dirty with the nitty gritty mess of fixing every damn detail here. However, I can imagine that they are perfectly aware that we've been at an unfair disadvantage here for ages due to malevolent interferences.

I think it's possible that they have decided to help us have a fair crack at sorting ourselves out.

That, to my way of seeing it, would probably mean they would level up the playing field, for a long overdue change. It's still all up to us to get off our sofas and switch off the telly though.

http://i2.wp.com/techsplurge.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/cococinema.gif

Elbie
15th November 2014, 23:42

http:/-181194-580.gif

help? they've written/dictated the book of wars, bible texts that is.

p.s . that giff is depressing :frantic:

Elbie
15th November 2014, 23:48
errr....well....... that's not strictly true. ET's ( or some very exotic hardware from somewhere ) HAVE been interfering with missile tests and poking their feelers into underground nuke sites

]

could they be saving their own bacon? don't you think it's a strong possibility?

norman
15th November 2014, 23:51
could they be saving their own bacon? don't you think it's a strong possibility?

It's possible, and could be one of many reasons why any assistance they give us will be very remote and uninvolved.

Griff
16th November 2014, 09:55
Totally agree gardener!!!

sandy
16th November 2014, 21:02
Hmmmmmmmm could it be easier to talk about ET's versus child abuse?? :hiding:

:back to topic:

norman
16th November 2014, 23:35
Hmmmmmmmm could it be easier to talk about ET's versus child abuse?? :hiding:

:back to topic:

The subject went that way for me because Calabash asked the question WHY ?

If that doesn't seem like a good question to you, then I suppose it doesn't seem like a searching discussion either.

I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that Calabash's question was about the perpetrators.

I don't think it's credible to believe that these pedo' networks are just about perverted people hiding each other's crimes. There's something bigger going on, and that's what I think Calabash's question was asking.

It seems that the nearer you get to the top of the power tree, the nearer you get to the heart of the network. I can't really imagine that the most powerful people in the world do these things without there being something about it that's beyond what we normally regard as deviant behavior.

When I contemplate this phenomenon, I get a similar notion as I do when I contemplate the questions about "who is really running this world". It's a hunch, at least, that it goes beyond even the richest and/or the sickest humans here.

sandy
17th November 2014, 03:10
I agree Norman, that it is so sick it is hard to believe that a fellow human being could be this deranged..............however even if it is stemming from 'other' origins it is still being perpetrated by what we would recognize as a fellow human being and must be dealt with as such.

Personally and seriously I would like to see an outpost build in the far Northern Artic region that is to house these sick individuals. Food and medicine flow in once a month. Other than that they are left to look after each other and if one should ever make it out of there they would probably be damn sure to never take the chance of ever having to go back. Should the sickness be a result of 'other' influences I am sure they would also bust their arse to fight any urge to enact this behavior ever again. Also, by chance should they be from off world then they can bugger each other or bugger off of our world in the end, due to not wanting to be housed in such a facility ever again..............I'm not into violence but they are so they can have at it where the playing field is much more level.

Should we the people ever get the will to stand up and take our power back this type of behavior would be dealt with quickly and our numbers alone would make sure that it became a horror story of the past, in no time flat. Just some food for thought from a fed up senior citizen .... Don't take my venting personally you guys/Hugs :)

norman
17th November 2014, 04:00
I know you feel the " boot up arse" first and the understanding second.

I'm a tad numb by now and sit here thinking things through far more than is really the healthy way to be.

My subliminal quest is that I want to know whatever the hell is really going on here before I die. I don't know if that is going to happen for me but I wait for it to happen anyway.

If I could reach out and stop this, I would.

As far as I know, I can't.

I'm stuck with trying to understand it. I try to do that as best as I can.

Sooz
17th November 2014, 06:01
I agree Norman, that it is so sick it is hard to believe that a fellow human being could be this deranged..............however even if it is stemming from 'other' origins it is still being perpetrated by what we would recognize as a fellow human being and must be dealt with as such.

Personally and seriously I would like to see an outpost build in the far Northern Artic region that is to house these sick individuals. Food and medicine flow in once a month. Other than that they are left to look after each other and if one should ever make it out of there they would probably be damn sure to never take the chance of ever having to go back. Should the sickness be a result of 'other' influences I am sure they would also bust their arse to fight any urge to enact this behavior ever again. Also, by chance should they be from off world then they can bugger each other or bugger off of our world in the end, due to not wanting to be housed in such a facility ever again..............I'm not into violence but they are so they can have at it where the playing field is much more level.

Should we the people ever get the will to stand up and take our power back this type of behavior would be dealt with quickly and our numbers alone would make sure that it became a horror story of the past, in no time flat. Just some food for thought from a fed up senior citizen .... Don't take my venting personally you guys/Hugs :)

Very well said Sandy!

Calabash
18th November 2014, 18:02
This is worthy of its own thread but I wanted to "bump" this one as it shows how sexual abuse ruins lives . . . Another question that must be asked is why on earth do people send their children away to public/boarding schools from the age of 6?

An old school friend of Nick Clegg's broke down in tears as he told of the abuse he suffered while at Caldicott Preparatory School. The video shows Nick Clegg listening to Ian MacFadyen on a LBC Radio Phone-in. His expression and body language reveals more than his response imo . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk794HUE7zQ#t=26

Ian McFadyen is privately educated, articulate – and a survivor of sexual abuse.

Ian, 48, attended the fee-paying Caldicott Preparatory School at Farnham Royal in Buckinghamshire in the late 1960s. It hit the headlines when former headmaster Peter Wright was found guilty of 12 offences against five boys there, including Ian. In February, Wright was jailed for eight years.

It’s the norm for former pupils of Caldicott to move into top jobs in politics and business and have stellar careers. One of those former pupils is Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg. And last week, Clegg spoke out on the subject of sexual abuse, rejecting claims for a Hillsborough-style inquiry into historic sexual abuse. That’s despite growing concern over the alleged disappearance of a dossier detailing explosive claims of sex abuse within Westminster and demands from MPs for a full public inquiry.

Clegg believes such historic abuse claims should be investigated by the police and says a public inquiry would be “no surrogate” for a full police investigation. When I speak to Ian about Clegg’s comments, he’s frustrated, maybe even a little hurt that he isn’t being as supported as he could be.

“I’m definitely really angry with Nick Clegg. I take what he says as a personal slight. It’s all well and good for him to stand up and say this. But he’s been a real disappointment. I’m actually ashamed to have gone to school with him,” he says.

“Coming out with a statement like he did, I think further traumatises victims. We need some form of inquiry.”

Ian is equally bemused at the jail term handed down to Rolf Harris. The disgraced entertainer was sentenced to five years and nine months on Friday for 12 indecent assaults against four girls – including one aged just seven or eight.

“Prison sentences of abusers like Harris will never be commensurate with the lifelong damage they have inflicted on their victims,” he says. “Parents are usually unaware that there is no law that obliges a teacher who suspects or witnesses sexual abuse to tell the authorities. They can turn a blind eye and continue with their careers.”

Ian hit rock-bottom after years of abuse at Caldicott. Despite a privileged background – he describes his father as a “big fish in a small pond” who opened the world’s first seven-star hotel – years of abuse meant adjusting to normal life once he left school was incredibly difficult. He’d tried heroin by the time he was 14, ended up homeless and addicted to alcohol and drugs. That’s what years of abuse did to him.The turning point came one Christmas morning, when he woke up on the streets of Edinburgh, in a sleeping bag, and had no idea how he got there. He sought help and managed to turn his life around. It wasn’t easy, but with support he found determination.

Ian, of Peebles, has suffered horrifically at the hands of pillars of the community – men who were respected, educating privileged boys from wealthy families. The abuse was systematic, with Ian saying he was “timetabled for rape”.

I say that managing to turn his life around after suffering so much and then sinking so low says a lot for his character. “I don’t want to be defined by my abuse,” he says, simply.

Still, there are times those memories can’t help but haunt him. “My wife bought new bedding a wee while ago, paisley patterned. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but I just couldn’t go to bed, I didn’t feel comfy about it,” he says. “Then it came to me. I remembered I used to have a pair of brushed cotton pyjamas with a paisley design on them. I remember sitting on George Hill’s bed, kind of holding on to the top of my pyjama bottoms...”

He trails off. George Hill was the teacher who inflicted the cruellest and most systematic abuse on Ian. Hill took his own life and I ask Ian if he feels cheated Hill never faced justice.

“No. By the time I heard he’d killed himself, I’d been to court three times to see justice and had been in the dock five-and-a-half hours with the defence barrister going through me. One was acquitted. But I’d do exactly the same again,” he says defiantly.

“I went to see Peter Wright’s sentencing. My wife said on the way that I was really quiet. And really, I nearly had a tear in my eye as I told her it was the first time I’d get to see him in 35 years.”

He believes he’s come through the worst of it, that with the help of wife Paula and his son, he’s got a life worth living. “I’ve never been able to tell my wife I love her. I just can’t use the L word,” he says. “The first person I said I loved outwith my family was George Hill.”

Ian describes himself as a survivor and not a victim. He was glad to have his day in court. And you can’t help but feel glad for him.

“Seeing Peter Wright go to prison didn’t give me any joy,” he says. “I just wish . . . I wish people had noticed when I was young. I wish I’d never been hurt and other boys had never been hurt.”

Ian speaks out to try to prevent others from going through the same thing. He is climbing Scafell Pike to raise money for the Southmead Project. See https://www.justgiving.com/Ian-McFadyen3/2

Help the victims, not offenders

Anthony is a campaigner for victims and survivors of child abuse. He cannot be identified for legal reasons.

“I am fighting for justice for survivors of abuse. And for that, I believe, there has to be an over-arching, full Royal Commission into historic abuse cases — similar to the Hillsborough Royal Commission or what they’re doing in Australia.

“In Australia they are learning lessons from the past – sometimes very hard lessons. And they’re bringing in full care packages for survivors. We need that. But I’d go further.

“We need a change in society and the way we deal with child abuse, because at the moment society doesn’t want to know. There’s implicit denial there. Things get hushed up, swept under the carpet. You just have to read some of the details of the Jimmy Savile case. Victims reported abuse but nothing happened.

“People find the details are just too traumatic to deal with. We minimise it. Survivors are told it’s in the past, it’s history, move on and live your life.

“Well, I have nightmares, flashbacks and there are times it rules my life. How the hell is that historic for me?

“We need a facility like Coalinga State Hospital in California. When paedophiles are coming towards the end of their sentence in California, they are sent to Coalinga for treatment and only released when they have completed it and are deemed to no longer be a danger to society. More than 70% of patients refuse therapy. So they aren’t released. We need something similar.

“I’m involved with the Scottish Human Rights Commission Interaction on Historic Child Abuse. I am contributing as a survivor. But I don’t have much confidence in it. It’s supposed to be about providing a package of care for survivors of abuse. But to me it’s about managing them. They’ve spent years working on it. I could have told them what was needed, in half an hour.

“As a survivor everyone speaks for you. But the only people who understand are those who have been through similar experiences. I hear from victims of abuse, and also from families who have lost loved ones who were victims and they’ve taken their own lives. It infuriates me when I read about sentences being deferred on offenders while they do psychiatric reports on them. What about psychiatric reports on the victims? All the resources seem to go towards offenders.

“If I was in charge I would make sure victims had medical and financial aid, and access to therapy for the rest of their lives. Victims have to live with the effects every day. It’s a form of post traumatic stress disorder. It is like your head is underwater. Being abused is like a homicide. But the person is still alive, and left to cope in adult life.

“I believe that there is much more to come in terms of historic abuse allegations. What we know so far is just the tip of the iceberg. That is why we need a Royal Commission, learning lessons from the past, so we can protect children in the future.

“Standing up and admitting you were the victim of abuse is so hard. When I went public, I became persona non grata. Victims need more help, pure and simple.”

ronin
18th November 2014, 18:09
i learned recently that a person who is found guilty of a historic sexual offence abuse charge can only be sentenced to the dates of that offence when the offence took place.
ie; that is why Stewart Hall and Rolf Harris are only getting minimal sentences.
they are back dated to the year of the offence and that is the sentence they will receive.:shocked:
the mind boggles.

BabaRa
18th November 2014, 19:11
The good thing is it's now coming out - from many directions. That's a beginning, slow I know, but as Sandy wisely said perhaps too fast isn't the best way - slow and easy may be best for the many fragile souls that have been abused.

We incarcerate the few abusers that are allowed to be brought to justice, but I do wonder what happens again when they are released. Here in the states the there are many cases that, when released, abuse again. I would love to have a really good therapist spend as many years as it takes with these offenders (while incarcerated) to see if they can get to the reason behind their actions. Would it be just one? Probably not, but I feel there would be some underlying cause.

We have classes in so many inconsequential subjects in our schools. I have felt for some time that we have left out the most important. Understanding human nature and how to deal with the problems that arise in our lives. If this were started at an early age and continued on to adulthood, would it make a difference. And by this I don't mean all this religious dogma of you can, can't and shouldn't. We can't legislate morality either by church or state - that just makes it go underground.

Sex is a very important subject - and rarely discussed either in home or school or in Forums. Yet it is plastered all over the TV, movies, internet, etc., . . . so much stimulation and display and little really serious discussion.

sandy
18th November 2014, 20:59
:poop:

I just lost my previous post regarding the video Calabash posted about Ian McFayden...............what a heart felt, COURAGE FILLED, Wonderful Man he is to go as PUBLIC as he has and Kudo's to his wife and son for holding him tight and close while he made himself vulnerable to the world at large.

There is such RAW vulnerability in reliving and experiencing childhood abuse as it more than not takes one right back to that innocent age mentally, physically and emotionally and standing in that space of powerlessness is what keeps many from dealing with the pain and helplessness of it all.........................the perpetrators know this and count on it!!

Thank you for posting this story Calabash and much love and strength with deep admiration to Mr. Ian McFadyen.:smiley hug:

Sooz
19th November 2014, 07:33
This is worthy of its own thread but I wanted to "bump" this one as it shows how sexual abuse ruins lives . . . Another question that must be asked is why on earth do people send their children away to public/boarding schools from the age of 6?

An old school friend of Nick Clegg's broke down in tears as he told of the abuse he suffered while at Caldicott Preparatory School. The video shows Nick Clegg listening to Ian MacFadyen on a LBC Radio Phone-in. His expression and body language reveals more than his response imo . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk794HUE7zQ#t=26

Ian McFadyen is privately educated, articulate – and a survivor of sexual abuse.

Ian, 48, attended the fee-paying Caldicott Preparatory School at Farnham Royal in Buckinghamshire in the late 1960s. It hit the headlines when former headmaster Peter Wright was found guilty of 12 offences against five boys there, including Ian. In February, Wright was jailed for eight years.

It’s the norm for former pupils of Caldicott to move into top jobs in politics and business and have stellar careers. One of those former pupils is Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg. And last week, Clegg spoke out on the subject of sexual abuse, rejecting claims for a Hillsborough-style inquiry into historic sexual abuse. That’s despite growing concern over the alleged disappearance of a dossier detailing explosive claims of sex abuse within Westminster and demands from MPs for a full public inquiry.

Clegg believes such historic abuse claims should be investigated by the police and says a public inquiry would be “no surrogate” for a full police investigation. When I speak to Ian about Clegg’s comments, he’s frustrated, maybe even a little hurt that he isn’t being as supported as he could be.

“I’m definitely really angry with Nick Clegg. I take what he says as a personal slight. It’s all well and good for him to stand up and say this. But he’s been a real disappointment. I’m actually ashamed to have gone to school with him,” he says.

“Coming out with a statement like he did, I think further traumatises victims. We need some form of inquiry.”

Ian is equally bemused at the jail term handed down to Rolf Harris. The disgraced entertainer was sentenced to five years and nine months on Friday for 12 indecent assaults against four girls – including one aged just seven or eight.

“Prison sentences of abusers like Harris will never be commensurate with the lifelong damage they have inflicted on their victims,” he says. “Parents are usually unaware that there is no law that obliges a teacher who suspects or witnesses sexual abuse to tell the authorities. They can turn a blind eye and continue with their careers.”

Ian hit rock-bottom after years of abuse at Caldicott. Despite a privileged background – he describes his father as a “big fish in a small pond” who opened the world’s first seven-star hotel – years of abuse meant adjusting to normal life once he left school was incredibly difficult. He’d tried heroin by the time he was 14, ended up homeless and addicted to alcohol and drugs. That’s what years of abuse did to him.The turning point came one Christmas morning, when he woke up on the streets of Edinburgh, in a sleeping bag, and had no idea how he got there. He sought help and managed to turn his life around. It wasn’t easy, but with support he found determination.

Ian, of Peebles, has suffered horrifically at the hands of pillars of the community – men who were respected, educating privileged boys from wealthy families. The abuse was systematic, with Ian saying he was “timetabled for rape”.

I say that managing to turn his life around after suffering so much and then sinking so low says a lot for his character. “I don’t want to be defined by my abuse,” he says, simply.

Still, there are times those memories can’t help but haunt him. “My wife bought new bedding a wee while ago, paisley patterned. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but I just couldn’t go to bed, I didn’t feel comfy about it,” he says. “Then it came to me. I remembered I used to have a pair of brushed cotton pyjamas with a paisley design on them. I remember sitting on George Hill’s bed, kind of holding on to the top of my pyjama bottoms...”

He trails off. George Hill was the teacher who inflicted the cruellest and most systematic abuse on Ian. Hill took his own life and I ask Ian if he feels cheated Hill never faced justice.

“No. By the time I heard he’d killed himself, I’d been to court three times to see justice and had been in the dock five-and-a-half hours with the defence barrister going through me. One was acquitted. But I’d do exactly the same again,” he says defiantly.

“I went to see Peter Wright’s sentencing. My wife said on the way that I was really quiet. And really, I nearly had a tear in my eye as I told her it was the first time I’d get to see him in 35 years.”

He believes he’s come through the worst of it, that with the help of wife Paula and his son, he’s got a life worth living. “I’ve never been able to tell my wife I love her. I just can’t use the L word,” he says. “The first person I said I loved outwith my family was George Hill.”

Ian describes himself as a survivor and not a victim. He was glad to have his day in court. And you can’t help but feel glad for him.

“Seeing Peter Wright go to prison didn’t give me any joy,” he says. “I just wish . . . I wish people had noticed when I was young. I wish I’d never been hurt and other boys had never been hurt.”

Ian speaks out to try to prevent others from going through the same thing. He is climbing Scafell Pike to raise money for the Southmead Project. See https://www.justgiving.com/Ian-McFadyen3/2

Help the victims, not offenders

Anthony is a campaigner for victims and survivors of child abuse. He cannot be identified for legal reasons.

“I am fighting for justice for survivors of abuse. And for that, I believe, there has to be an over-arching, full Royal Commission into historic abuse cases — similar to the Hillsborough Royal Commission or what they’re doing in Australia.

“In Australia they are learning lessons from the past – sometimes very hard lessons. And they’re bringing in full care packages for survivors. We need that. But I’d go further.

“We need a change in society and the way we deal with child abuse, because at the moment society doesn’t want to know. There’s implicit denial there. Things get hushed up, swept under the carpet. You just have to read some of the details of the Jimmy Savile case. Victims reported abuse but nothing happened.

“People find the details are just too traumatic to deal with. We minimise it. Survivors are told it’s in the past, it’s history, move on and live your life.

“Well, I have nightmares, flashbacks and there are times it rules my life. How the hell is that historic for me?

“We need a facility like Coalinga State Hospital in California. When paedophiles are coming towards the end of their sentence in California, they are sent to Coalinga for treatment and only released when they have completed it and are deemed to no longer be a danger to society. More than 70% of patients refuse therapy. So they aren’t released. We need something similar.

“I’m involved with the Scottish Human Rights Commission Interaction on Historic Child Abuse. I am contributing as a survivor. But I don’t have much confidence in it. It’s supposed to be about providing a package of care for survivors of abuse. But to me it’s about managing them. They’ve spent years working on it. I could have told them what was needed, in half an hour.

“As a survivor everyone speaks for you. But the only people who understand are those who have been through similar experiences. I hear from victims of abuse, and also from families who have lost loved ones who were victims and they’ve taken their own lives. It infuriates me when I read about sentences being deferred on offenders while they do psychiatric reports on them. What about psychiatric reports on the victims? All the resources seem to go towards offenders.

“If I was in charge I would make sure victims had medical and financial aid, and access to therapy for the rest of their lives. Victims have to live with the effects every day. It’s a form of post traumatic stress disorder. It is like your head is underwater. Being abused is like a homicide. But the person is still alive, and left to cope in adult life.

“I believe that there is much more to come in terms of historic abuse allegations. What we know so far is just the tip of the iceberg. That is why we need a Royal Commission, learning lessons from the past, so we can protect children in the future.

“Standing up and admitting you were the victim of abuse is so hard. When I went public, I became persona non grata. Victims need more help, pure and simple.”

Thank you so much for posting this Calabash. I know a few men who were sent off to boarding school and were abused. Some don't talk about it and in not talking about it, it affects every area of their lives.

Calabash
19th November 2014, 12:20
Sex is a very important subject - and rarely discussed either in home or school or in Forums. Yet it is plastered all over the TV, movies, internet, etc., . . . so much stimulation and display and little really serious discussion.

Totally agree with your whole post and the above sentence in particular Barbara. Proper discussion and openness would solve so many problems and not allow fetishes for a start. Not sure about other tendencies, like S&M, although they obviously come from trauma-based experiences at significant stages of people's lives . . . . whatever, I'm sure it could all be ironed out. Paedophilia? That's something else, tied in with Psychopathy. They're a different breed altogether. They look human and they can sound human, but they are not human.

Ria
19th November 2014, 17:23
Kevin Annett: Vancouver&Bangkok top child-trafficking cities. Archbishop, Judges in child sacrifices

Alfred Lambremont Webre

Published on Nov 16, 2014Kevin Annett: 12 Mile Club-Vancouver & Bangkok world’s top child trafficking cities. Archbishop, Chief Judge, United Church in 9th Circle child offshore sacrifices in yachts
http://exopolitics.blogs.com/breaking_news/2014/11/kevin-annett-12-mile-club-vancouver-bangkok-worlds-top-child-trafficking-cities-archbishop-chief-judge-united-church.html

http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=UUCdKpI-Icpmkgwtz7tW3l6g&v=Mu3uszs77Ak