PDA

View Full Version : Doggy protects his bone from his own foot

Sooz
9th November 2014, 09:25
I've seen this many times before, but just had to post it.

It cracks me up.

Don't want to get too deep here, but metaphorically speaking, perhaps we all do the same thing sometimes, when we 'self sabotage' with our own thought patterns.:tiphat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtv5KplR74k

Moonlight
9th November 2014, 11:10
Don't want to get too deep here, but metaphorically speaking, perhaps we all do the same thing sometimes, when we 'self sabotage' with our own thought patterns.:tiphat:

Hooooooo ! I love the way you think.

That video always cracks me up too. Thanks for the laugh !

The kid laughing has the same laugh as my grandson.... ahhhhh!

ronin
9th November 2014, 13:06
that was funny.:D

norman
9th November 2014, 16:46
I think that age old contract between dogs and humans has been broken by humans.

Most people's pet little darlings just look mentally ill, to me.

It's SO sad.

I love dogs.

"If you love someone, set them free".

That's as deep as you want it to be.

Elbie
9th November 2014, 17:34
I think that age old contract between dogs and humans has been broken by humans.

Most people's pet little darlings just look mentally ill, to me.

It's SO sad.

I love dogs.

"If you love someone, set them free".

That's as deep as you want it to be.

totally

I find this video disturbing. Even more so as the custodians are laughing in the background . They found this funny?! They don't try to comfort the poor dog, instead they carry on filming. So sad.

I do hope this dog breaks free. It's better to be out against the elements than this.

sandy
9th November 2014, 18:52
I think it is just a trick he has been taught for fun as he never really seems to bite his foot hard enough to yelp. Although only the dog knows for sure about the fun part for him at least. :)

Moonlight
9th November 2014, 21:32
LOL.. I still find it hilarious. I lived with animals all my life and they do silly things to make us laugh at times. They are family too you know.

This is obviously an old dog and he does not look one bit abused. He's enjoying that bone.... even if the leg wants a piece of it.

I agree with Sandy, it's probably a trick he's learned a long time ago to make his people laugh.

Works for me.

ronin
9th November 2014, 22:04
when i first saw the video i too thought this is cruel or the dog is unstable.
but we forget that dogs do have there own personality.
the dog felt the need to protect it,s bone but did not have a adversery.
do it created one.
did the dog harm itself,bite it,s own paw and cause any damage to itself.
no i think not.

what we saw was a imagined natural instinct from the dog to protect and guard it,s bone.

no harm done in the making of this video to any pets.

Sooz
10th November 2014, 08:53
Sorry this vid disturbed some people.

To be honest, when I first viewed it I felt uncomfortable with the children laughing as well. However on viewing it a few times, it was evident the doggy wasn't biting its own leg, just giving it a growly warning and wasn't upset in the least.

Because of the look on his/her face happily munching on his bone after 'dealing' with his leg, convinced me all was well.

Some animals are just very eccentric. I've had a few eccentric cats in my time, lol...