PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you know whether or not there is any truth to this?

Chickadee
2nd November 2014, 02:59
Hey guys! I was just informed that NASA just forewarned us all that we need to prepare for 6 days of darkness on Earth!!! I don't know if this is a legit site it's coming from, but wtheck?!!

I'll do some more exploring in the morning, but I'll leave you all with this for now:

http://dailybuzzlive.com/alert-nasa-confirms-earth-will-go-dark-6-days-december-2014/

Sweet dreams, Peeps!!

Umm, is it just me or do all the dudes sitting at that table have the same soulless look to them?

Catsquotl
2nd November 2014, 03:46
Found this here (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/nasa-confirms-six-days-of-darkness-in-december-no-they-really-dont--its-a-hoax-9822744.html)

It may feel like winter is slowly squeezing all the sunlight out of your day, but if you see any news stories claiming the Earth is headed for ‘Six Days of Total Darkness’ then don’t start stocking up on the tins of beans and torches just yet.

‘Satirical news site’ Huzlers.com has been spreading this fake story far and wide on the web this week, taking in numerous Facebook and Twitter users and encouraging them to post about what they’re going to be up to during the six days of darkness.

The story on the vaguely official looking website titled “Nasa Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days of Total Darkness in December 2014!” claims that an incoming solar storm is to blame, causing "dust and space debris to become plentiful and thus block 90% sunlight”.

This is false. Although solar storms certainly are real phenomena (they occur due to fluctuations in the Sun’s magnetic field) they’re not like terrestrial storms that can blow up dust and dirt.

with love
Eelco

Spiral
2nd November 2014, 07:02
Eelco is correct, it is also impossible to make those kinds of predictions about the Sun.

Tribe
2nd November 2014, 11:43
Just your daily dose of fear and paralysis folks. ! I have candles and food and a open home ..come shelter friends :) I quite fancy six days of campfire and song .. Who's coming. ? Xxx

Moonlight
2nd November 2014, 11:52
Just your daily dose of fear and paralysis folks. ! I have candles and food and a open home ..come shelter friends :) I quite fancy six days of campfire and song .. Who's coming. ? Xxx

That would be fun ! :)

Sooz
2nd November 2014, 12:09
Oh I would love to come to your place Tribe, for 6 days and nights around a campfire. Sadly the airfare from Oz to you is a bit prohibitive. I would be with you in spirit though!

ronin
2nd November 2014, 13:48

ohh the memories of Cornwall have left a warmth in my heart.
a wonderful place to visit at any time.
maybe next year we could organise a uk meetup with tot members!

Juniper
2nd November 2014, 18:28
The satiricial news site: Huzlers.com has been spreading the false story.

Found this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/nasa-confirms-six-days-of-darkness-in-december-no-they-really-dont--its-a-hoax-9822744.html

jimmer
2nd November 2014, 18:56
another brick to this hoax:

http://www.snopes.com/science/astronomy/blackout.asp

we need to be careful where we surf.
lots of rocks out there.

Chickadee
2nd November 2014, 19:06
I was kinda hoping it to be true..
You know what I mean?

Maybe some sort of bible tale coming true..

Wanna know the funniest thing about it all?
My husband told me of I want real news to watch cnn!

Sorry for posting a stinker.

jimmer
2nd November 2014, 20:04
My husband told me if I want real news to watch cnn!.

oh, oh, he's outed himself. :eyebrows:

sandy
2nd November 2014, 23:48
Hey Tribe :)

Too bad you are so far away or I would join you in a New York Minute as the saying goes. :unity:

KosmicKat
3rd November 2014, 11:02

Which, according to some sources, is exactly what the bad guys have been trying to achieve since the beginning of the 21st century.

I don't know if this is part of their thinking, but putting all the other pieces in place is not going to make Jesus magically return, as if you just performed a spell.

john parslow
3rd November 2014, 11:56
ohh the memories of Cornwall have left a warmth in my heart.
a wonderful place to visit at any time.
maybe next year we could organise a uk meetup with tot members!

Definitely up for this ... Mine's a Guinness ... :whstl:

Stoat muldoon
3rd November 2014, 15:49
Most people wouldn't last 6 hours of daytime darkness let alone 6 Days . Sorry to burst your bubbles , but this is most definitely a hoax . I saw this video some years ago and the same 6 Day blackout story . It was BS then and it's BS now , enjoy the festive season with your families and a have a great time .

Stoat muldoon
3rd November 2014, 15:58
I was kinda hoping it to be true..
You know what I mean?

Wanna know the funniest thing about it all?
My husband told me of I want real news to watch cnn!

Sorry for posting a stinker.No don't be sorry . THANK YOU for highlighting what some would not know as a hoax and do stupid stuff :frantic: . :thup:

Spiral
3rd November 2014, 17:18
Which, according to some sources, is exactly what the bad guys have been trying to achieve since the beginning of the 21st century.

I don't know if this is part of their thinking, but putting all the other pieces in place is not going to make Jesus magically return, as if you just performed a spell.

I doubt they want JC to show up, their goaty days would be up !

Convincing the masses that it was "that time" to justify wiping out huge swathes of the Earths population in a mock "judgement" would be right up their street though, I bet they could stretch to a mock CGI JC of their own.