PDA

View Full Version : Nolan's next film, Interstellar

jimmer
1st November 2014, 19:17
from the films, momento, inception,
through the batman trilogy, comes christoper nolan's next film, interstellar.

here's a promotional discussion of the ideas behind the film
with the director and cast members.
it's quite good and genuine, not the usual hollywood bs.
look away, like me, if you don't want to see too many of these film clips.
this film deserves a theatre viewing, I bet.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/watch-hollywood-reporters-full-interstellar-744354

and the film's composer?
hans zimmer has scored all of nolan's recent films.
feel the emotion. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iteQE7KEyU)

Elbie
1st November 2014, 21:03
:hilarious: notice the chinese cultural revolution style choreography of this promo: the three protagonists all dressed in black, the ladies even have the same shoes on (both red soled stiletoes); the ones wearing colours other than black are C Nolan and Galloway (interviewer). Though even their suits are in the same colour scheme: shades of light/dark blue. No room for personal choice there. Sad really. What they are saying is totally predictable and of course they absolutely love and live for what they are doing and there can't be room for negativity let alone cynicism miss hathaway so despises. though they all despise humans 'who trashed the planet' in unison. all else good, humans bad.

sickening cliche, is it not :vom:

jimmer
2nd November 2014, 12:16
:hilarious: notice the chinese cultural revolution style choreography of this promo: the three protagonists all dressed in black, the ladies even have the same shoes on (both red soled stiletoes); the ones wearing colours other than black are C Nolan and Galloway (interviewer). Though even their suits are in the same colour scheme: shades of light/dark blue. No room for personal choice there. Sad really. What they are saying is totally predictable and of course they absolutely love and live for what they are doing and there can't be room for negativity let alone cynicism miss hathaway so despises. though they all despise humans 'who trashed the planet' in unison. all else good, humans bad.
sickening cliche, is it not :vom:

quite an observation, elbie.

Elbie
2nd November 2014, 16:35
Memento was Nolan's great directing achievement, not seen any of his work since. Batman, I purposely stayed away from, just not interested in Batman series. Wonder if his directing was up to scratch this time around

Memento is an undisputed director jewel. But Guy Pierce was super cast for the role too. Just one of those examples when all things click together seamlessly.

Based on the above promo, I definately do not want to see the film. Shame they didn't think this out better.

jimmer
2nd November 2014, 18:17
Memento was Nolan's great directing achievement, not seen any of his work since. Batman, I purposely stayed away from, just not interested in Batman series. Wonder if his directing was up to scratch this time around

Memento is an undisputed director jewel. But Guy Pierce was super cast for the role too. Just one of those examples when all things click together seamlessly.

Based on the above promo, I definately do not want to see the film. Shame they didn't think this out better.

I know, let's learn a little bit about the films and directors you like, elbie.
what cranks your camera?

Elbie
2nd November 2014, 20:06
:o like I mentioned, I do like Nolan in Memento, wim Wenders is good, then Tarkovsky, Antonioni, Fassbinder, Pasolini..the best sci-fi of all times has to be Stalker, by A Tarkovskiy, if we are on about sci-fi.
Thanks for asking

jimmer
2nd November 2014, 20:53
I see what you mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0VJa3HmsJQ

Tonz
3rd November 2014, 11:42
looking forward to interstellar, but recently i stumbled on automata , stream it you will love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viEv5JOPoDk

ronin
4th November 2014, 17:25
hopefully will be going to see this movie at the weekend.
the most anticipated movie of the year the adverts say and with what is going on in the world now,will we see clues as to any future false flags hidden within the movie?
just as The Dark Knight mentioned Sandy Hook!

just as the opening scene in the movie Dawn of the planet of the apes foretells the end of humanity with a simian flu virus.Ebola anyone or the vaccine!

http://io9.com/heres-how-humanity-falls-in-dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-a-1590555682

jimmer
4th November 2014, 18:31
above all, prepare to enjoy the movie!
it will be dense and fully packed.
prepare to watch it twice?
first to let it unfold without judgement, another to catch all the other stuff.

christopher's brother wrote the script, so we'll see.

previews have been through the roof.

then again, who knows. it may be a stinker. :eyebrows:

Frances
4th November 2014, 18:54
Going to get tickets for this Sunday. If I get the tickets then my husband can't back out of it. He's more a Cool Hand Luke kinda person, you know "my boy can eat 50"
Frances.

jimmer
4th November 2014, 18:59
this baby will sizzle, I bet, frances.
watch your hubby get teary-eyed.
when irony hits, the eyes go first.

I hope to see it saturday.
(just hope the message isn't too politically charged)

jimmer
9th November 2014, 13:12
my rating of this tale when
a noble, messy humankind meets the perfection of the unknown:

:eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

ronin
9th November 2014, 13:15
my rating of this tale when
a noble, messy humankind meets the perfection of the unknown:

:eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

can,t wait to see it;)

jimmer
9th November 2014, 13:27
can,t wait to see it;)

hold on to your brain cells, ronin, this, is one bumpy galactic ride of our lifetimes.

once it takes off, it is relentless.

I couldn't get it out of my head all day.
still thinking about it.

lots of goosbumps and oh, the sweet teary irony of it all.

Moonlight
9th November 2014, 13:39
Well, I'm going to see this one this afternoon. I am... hmm.. my grandson is very excited about it !

http://youtu.be/ZyBUCHpeVzY

:back to topic:

jimmer
9th November 2014, 13:45
Well, I'm going to see this one this afternoon. I am... hmm.. my grandson is very excited about it !

http://youtu.be/ZyBUCHpeVzY

:back to topic:

yes, leave the childish things for the children.

jimmer
9th November 2014, 15:50
from hans zimmer – space, the mystery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdComTp7KsA

Frances
9th November 2014, 17:26
We have been this afternoon to see Interstellar.
I just naturally loved it, as I am drawn to that subject. I loved the story line and the twists, and all the rest that went with it.
Husband complained he was missing a game of golf.
Frances.

jimmer
9th November 2014, 17:34
golf can wait to save human-kind. :eyebrows:

lift the veil
9th November 2014, 17:55
I saw it last night. I was surprised to see so many older folks there, 60+ age group. I was waiting next to the bathroom after the movie and a bunch of them were standing there discussing the movie. Apparently the movie seemed to go over a lot of their heads, especially the "time" element.

I thought the movie makers disclosed some tasty tidbits of hidden information. Good to see such exposure to a wide age group of viewers.

jimmer
9th November 2014, 18:06
a massive budget film that makes one think.
such a big risk and what a payout.
as the credits rolled, I was wiping my nose with a popcorn infused paper napkin.
what a cinematic experience.

jimmer
10th November 2014, 16:22
spoiler alert:

in the film, nolan shows us our world on it's last legs, doomed for extinction.

most say that he was ambiguous as to the 'why' and 'how'.

not so.

this clip provides his point of view – a parent teacher conference.

this was a time when 2 + 2 = 5 and the world accepted it.
we finally did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnlrK14OZn0

Tonz
11th November 2014, 02:13
I guess the messages in Interstellar are a few things in particular , nasa was closed as other agencies were for there participation in damaging the the earth and mankind.
but kept alive in an underground sorta way ,nothing new as it is sorta that way now , BUT the main words of importance in the film were ''gravity'' and ''relativity'' ,gravity and relativity over and over.
There were quit a few things more but i don't want to spoil the film any more than i have to for those that haven't seen it yet, but are about to .

jimmer
11th November 2014, 12:44
nasa was closed as other agencies were for there participation in damaging the the earth and mankind.
yes, spoiler alerts:
seemed to me that nasa went kaput, as it was seen as a waste of money. money that was then redirected elsewhere.
medical advancements like MRIs were abandoned as too costly.

thus the above 'useless machines' movie clip. no?

jimmer
11th November 2014, 14:25
SUPER SPOILER ALERT
READ THIS AFTER YOU'VE SEEN THE MOVIE (or not) :eyebrows:

here is background information as to the creation of Interstellar.
it's beginnings, first director, the rewrite by the new director
and the major difference this rewrite brought to the script.

if you thought the film was complicated, get a load of the original script.

http://www.slashfilm.com/interstellar-script-differences/
http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/ZZ745EBE09-550x309.jpg

jimmer
11th November 2014, 16:22
super duper spoiler alert

here is a graphical summary of the movie plot.
tré magnifique.

drag and drop to your desktop to view large. although, it may not help :eyebrows:

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae18/jimmerer/interstellar-timeline-explained-in-infographic-spoilers_zps4bb9e971.jpg

ronin
11th November 2014, 17:36
without actually seeing the movie,i was wondering if they meaning our secret space programs have already conquered these space travel and world finding missions.

who was who said we can take et home?
we have found other planets with water and in the goldilocks zone.
our view on reality and gravity must change our perspective in the universe.
just as we thought the earth was flat 300 years ago.
desensitization through movies helps open our minds as to what is available and to come.
did we go to the moon?why go to mar,s if we have not gone to the moon?

how long would it take to get a population to accept new ideas and let go of the old ones.2-3 generations?

imagine intersteller,wormhole tech,parallel universes that are within reach.
our older generations of people may want to enjoy there time on earth and the younger eager to explore the new worlds available.

another question would be,would we be allowed to travel,knowing our self destructive tendencies on this planet.
or with this technology will it help us appreciate what we have and help us care with responsibility our planet?

sorry if i have gone off track.just a few questions.

jimmer
11th November 2014, 17:49
without actually seeing the movie,i was wondering if they meaning our secret space programs have already conquered these space travel and world finding missions.

we have found other planets with water and in the goldilocks zone.
our view on reality and gravity must change our perspective in the universe.
just as we thought the earth was flat 300 years ago.
desensitization through movies helps open our minds as to what is available and to come.
did we go to the moon?why go to mar,s if we have not gone to the moon?

how long would it take to get a population to accept new ideas and let go of the old ones.2-3 generations?

imagine intersteller,wormhole tech,parallel universes that are within reach.
our older generations of people may want to enjoy there time on earth and the younger eager to explore the new worlds available.

another question would be,would we be allowed to travel,knowing our self destructive tendencies on this planet.
or with this technology will it help us appreciate what we have and help us care with responsibility our planet?

sorry if i have gone off track.just a few questions.

ronin, if all these questions came to mind, not seeing the film, I'd go see it and see what questions I have after seeing it :eyebrows:

hint: in the interstellar world, 'they' are closer than we might think.

ronin
11th November 2014, 18:17
we have to let go of a lot of material things before we can go anywhere.
what is our worth here and now on earth?
our wealth,our greed,our ego,s.gold and minerals.

true there maybe higher forces at play who want us to mine the minerals for their own needs and use us as a slave population.
would the re-population of another planet not have the same goals at heart?
a survival of the fittest and control over the rest?

it is already speculation that mars has thousands of people who are in the work house!

for who,s benefit would it be to find a habitual planet?

for the good of humanity or a elite few?

jimmer
11th November 2014, 18:50
we have to let go of a lot of material things before we can go anywhere.
what is are worth here and now on earth?
our wealth,our greed,our ego,s.gold and minerals.

true there maybe higher forces at play who want us to mine the minerals for their own needs and use us as a slave population.
would the re-population of another planet not have the same goals at heart?
a survival of the fittest and control over the rest?

it is already speculation that mars has thousands of people who are in the work house!

for who,s benefit would it be to find a habitual planet?

for the good of humanity or a elite few?
all good questions.
now, what questions arise after seeing interstellar?

jimmer
12th November 2014, 16:57
here's a smart set of interviews with the cast, as well as insights into nolan's past films
that paint a picture of a brilliant auteur. (something the big studios killed long ago.)

it's a bit cheeky, but fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ2gOUwmIQQ

jimmer
13th November 2014, 15:08
if you are interested to read what other movie goers say about
Interstellar, here are over 900 moviegoing reviews from all over
the world. (this text is the link) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816692/reviews?ref_=tt_urv)

"Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night...
Rage, Rage Against The Dying Of The Light."

ronin
13th November 2014, 18:10
Jimmer i think No,523 review is the best ,what do you think:whstl:

jimmer
13th November 2014, 18:14
Jimmer i think No,523 review is the best ,what do you think:whstl:

I stopped at #10 : )
what did you think of the film?

ronin
13th November 2014, 18:26
I stopped at #10 : )
what did you think of the film?

sorry Jimmer not watched it yet,will do when the time is right.

Tonz
14th November 2014, 12:19
can everyone watch the film that are interested in it so we can speak openly about it ,as hate to spoil it for some one .

jimmer
14th November 2014, 12:43
right on, tonton.

considering this is the grandest, biggest thinking, most epical sci-fi film of this century,
it would seem to provide lots of discussion and fodder for conversation, especially here at TOT.

leaving the theatre, I was shaken. (in a good way) :eyebrows:

spoiler: that first, punctuating organ cord, right from Also sprach Zarathustra, signals something special.

ronin
14th November 2014, 21:44
well we went and watched the movie tonight.
it was good to get out.
i was worried my partner and daughter may not get it,but we all loved it.
it does raise lots of questions and makes you ponder.but does not surprise me.
as i have a feeling and have thought things in the past without the science behind it but more of a spiritual side of some of the themes in the movie.

jimmer
14th November 2014, 22:00
well we went and watched the movie tonight.
it was good to get out.
i was worried my partner and daughter may not get it,but we all loved it.
it does raise lots of questions and makes you ponder.but does not surprise me.
as i have a feeling and have thought things in the past without the science behind it but more of a spiritual side of some of the themes in the movie.

I was emotional torn up by a sci-fi film.
what-a-concept.
so rare. :victorious:

ronin
14th November 2014, 22:12
makes you wonder if Nolan has been given inside information to desensitize movie goers to other possibilities just as Spielberg did with close encounters.

jimmer
15th November 2014, 13:07
makes you wonder if Nolan has been given inside information to desensitize movie goers to other possibilities just as Spielberg did with close encounters.

super duper spoiler alert, I tell ya.

nolan really didn't get into the other worldly, 'them.'

all the prodding and help came from 'us' -- our distant, way future us.
as I recall, that's revealed in the crazy time loop tesseract scene, by TARS.
(the 3 dimensional Coop is allowed to exist in the 5 dimensional time loop, by our distant 'us'.)

they're help with the wormhole, the library ghostly clues, etc. were created to protect the timeline.
if the earth died and we perished or if the mission did not succeed, our future selves would not exist.

it was about 'us' meeting 'us'.

and the real mind boggler is this film fleshes out the ending of stanley kubrick's, 2001: a space odyssey.
at the end of that film, it reveals mankind's next step as a god-like, ethereal entity. all seeing and protective.
interstellar, takes-off from there.

a tip off to all of this in interstellar is when the crew gets close to the wormhole, to begin the 'trip' –
a massive pipe organ cord signals this connection between the two films. (sounds like 2001's Thus Spoke Zarathustra)

in many ways, interstellar extends that plot line and is an homage to kubrick's masterpiece as only nolan could pull off.
I'm still thinking about it.
mind boggling, indeed. :victorious:

ronin
15th November 2014, 15:23
all the prodding and help came from 'us' -- our distant, way future us.
as I recall, that's revealed in the crazy time loop tesseract scene, by TARS.
(the 3 dimensional Coop is allowed to exist in the 5 dimensional time loop, by our distant 'us'.)

would this not cause a paradox?
by helping change the past how would it affect our future selves?
if the past is changed and it has affected the future would our future selves need to get in touch?

the The Akashic Records came strongly to mind.As did the singularity where there is no time and space and everything exists at once.
where the theme was in lucy in one scene where she was able to access any point in time.

in our 3d reality we use time as a measurement for our lifes and what we need(only humans).

jimmer
15th November 2014, 15:53
would this not cause a paradox?
by helping change the past how would it affect our future selves?
if the past is changed and it has affected the future would our future selves need to get in touch?

the The Akashic Records came strongly to mind.As did the singularity where there is no time and space and everything exists at once.
where the theme was in lucy in one scene where she was able to access any point in time.

in our 3d reality we use time as a measurement for our lifes and what we need(only humans).

as for a paradox necessarily needing to occur, I'm no expert.

it seems that the 5 dimensional time loop is fluid and can be influenced, but not sure.
but big picture, if we never reached the 'other worlds,' there is no 'future us,' so an intervention was required, I think.

as for your connection with the akashic records, I think you have something there.
the tesseract scene seems to be described here:

The Akashic Records or "The Book of Life" can be equated to the universe's super computer system.
It is this system that acts as the central storehouse of all information for every individual who has ever lived upon the earth.
More than just a reservoir of events, the Akashic Records contain every deed, word, feeling, thought,
and intent that has ever occurred at any time in the history of the world.

"Upon time and space is written the thoughts, the deeds, the activities of an entity – as in relationships to its environs,
its hereditary influence; as directed – or judgment drawn by or according to what the entity's ideal is.
Hence, as it has been oft called, the record is God's book of remembrance; and each entity, each soul –
as the activities of a single day of an entity in the material world –
either makes same good or bad or indifferent, depending upon the entity's application
of self towards that which is the ideal manner for the use of time, opportunity and the expression
of that for which each soul enters a material manifestation.
The interpretation then as drawn here is with the desire and hope that,
in opening this for the entity, the experience may be one of helpfulness and hopefulness."
Edgar Cayce

as time goes, much like the meaning of '2001,'
I bet we'll learn more about the underlying messages and theme of Interstellar.
It's got legs.

ronin
15th November 2014, 16:18
if our future selves can reach back and influence our now timeline for our own benefit.
would we realize our timeline has been changed?
could we even know?
are there only certain people that can be reached and then thus changes the timeline of everyone?

the loop seemed to exist,at what point would our future selves be happy not to contact the past self or is it always available?

we here of people talking of the HS and connecting with it to help us in the here and now!
people ask angels and such for guidance knowing that they know more than we do and give themselves away to the channeled information available.

just as the rest of mankind where left to perish and dna where to seed new earths it did remind me of a adam and eve scenario also.

jimmer
15th November 2014, 16:34
if our future selves can reach back and influence our now timeline for our own benefit.
would we realize our timeline has been changed?
could we even know?
are there only certain people that can be reached and then thus changes the timeline of everyone?

the loop seemed to exist,at what point would our future selves be happy not to contact the past self or is it always available?

we here of people talking of the HS and connecting with it to help us in the here and now!
people ask angels and such for guidance knowing that they know more than we do and give themselves away to the channeled information available.

just as the rest of mankind where left to perish and dna where to seed new earths it did remind me of a adam and eve scenario also.

all these heady questions from a big, blockbuster movie.
huh.

some have chimed in that the film is just too dense.
well, it's not a kid's film.
any worthy work of art should make one think.
no silver platter should be offered up.

interestingly, this could be the first nolan film
that had a definitive ending to the story.
nothing like the finale of Inception.
and still all these questions flood the cranium.

now that's what I call, your money's worth. :victorious:

ronin
15th November 2014, 16:35
i think what the Nolan brothers did was to bring to the majority of cinemagoers the notion that there are other dimensions and different levels of consciousness.

jimmer
15th November 2014, 16:44
i think what the Nolan brothers did was to bring to the majority of cinemagoers the notion that there are other dimensions and different levels of consciousness.

I agree and they did this at great risk.

these big themes are rarely attempted,
especially with so much riding on it.
if Interstellar had bombed, it would have crater many careers.

more like them, please...

ronin
15th November 2014, 17:33
there must be another Law in the universe!
one where you are allowed to contact the past self but with minimum outcome to not affect a community at large.
or if the situation is dire then it has to be changed but it will change the future unless we have evolved so much in the future that it would not effect it.

then the question would arise why would our future selves be even bothered to try and make a change?

unless the time loop is always there and can be accessed by anyone at any time?

jimmer
15th November 2014, 17:44
there must be another Law in the universe!
one where you are allowed to contact the past self but with minimum outcome to not affect a community at large.
or if the situation is dire then it has to be changed but it will change the future unless we have evolved so much in the future that it would not effect it.

then the question would arise why would our future selves be even bothered to try and make a change?

unless the time loop is always there and can be accessed by anyone at any time?

all good questions.

I bet this time loop thingy is when their physics consultant started
to use best guesses. educated guesses.

the sad thing is, we mortals of the here and now will never know.
eons from now, we may.
that's where the film goes.

ronin
15th November 2014, 17:50
i remember reading a story when i was young,not sure if it was A C Clark or a Amazing stories comic.

on earth we developed a telescope that could see other planets millions if not billions light years away.
as we watched a planet we could see as life developed on it became a society at it,s full bloom and the planet decay with no life.

just as we watched the planet not much time passed for us but we saw the life and death of the planet.
Time takes it,s effect on how we perceive it.
maybe we need to know more of the other laws!

ronin
15th November 2014, 17:56
all good questions.

I bet this time loop thingy is when their physics consultant started
to use best guesses. educated guesses.

the sad thing is, we mortals of the here and now will never know.
eons from now, we may.
that's where the film goes.

nope i think not jimmer i already told you i felt and have had ideas bounce around before seeing the movie.
i feel it is all around all the time(lol) we just need to connect.

i already posted before when i experienced no time and was in the presence of a fraction of source.

this is why the movie was no big surprise but more of a conformation of what we may have experienced but have not been taught.

maybe it is time to change our national curriculum in schools and teach what is interesting and how it will help develop the world.

jimmer
15th November 2014, 17:56
maybe we need to know more of the other laws!

and where do we look for these other laws?

ronin
15th November 2014, 18:04

a change of perceptive in consciousness of who we are and where we fit in with the universe at large.
we look at the truth of our past and learn how to develop to be space faring guests in the universe.
we go with intuition and question everything.
we throw away the old concepts that we have been taught that have no value and work with new ones.

our goals should be to inhabit new planets but only with the right intent and purpose.

if allowed we have a lot to learn and a lot to discover.

ronin
15th November 2014, 18:14
makes you wonder why all that money is being poured into the Hadron Collider!
it.s not for a particle,really!
maybe trying to create a wormhole or stargate.
for sure they will not let us know.

they made it and now are in the process of making a bigger one!!!!

jimmer
15th November 2014, 18:30
makes you wonder why all that money is being poured into the Hadron Collider!
it.s not for a particle,really!
maybe trying to create a wormhole or stargate.
for sure they will not let us know.

they made it and now are in the process of making a bigger one!!!!

the HC folks are still picking at the atom.

some believe the universal truth is all around us.
that we're all connected.
some think everything is connect is via micro black holes.
connecting everything, moment to moment. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJOBnoqk_0Q)

ronin
15th November 2014, 18:31

maybe they are just out there.
but with our programming and dumbing down we are unable to perceive them.
it,s us who need to change.

sometimes they break through to people and give advice and hints on how to help us develop ie. Tesla

but the majority cannot receive the information.
those that may see it cannot put what they are shown into words as it is pure creation.
another level of existence that our 3d minds cannot comprehend.

ronin
15th November 2014, 18:32
ditto i like it.

ronin
15th November 2014, 18:36
sure you have seen this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0tLbl5LrJ8

ronin
15th November 2014, 18:48
what i find interesting is that during a meditation earlier this afternoon was that i saw...
a young boy,monk or Tibetan unsure.
about ten years years old.
white and orange sash meditating in a room.
the room was large and seemed to be inside a mountain,he was sat crossed legged on the flower of life symbol looking out.
no not looking out but in perfect focus of the outside world.
the cavern was high up and there was clouds where his vision could see.

sorry if i went off topic but it just came back.

jimmer
15th November 2014, 18:51
sure you have seen this.

love those fractals.
what a marvelous explanation.

I remember first being introduced to the fractal concept
by a couple of computer engineers from IBM.
the images were pretty stiff, but infinite in scope.
one of those mind blowing events.

ronin
15th November 2014, 18:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jHsq36_NTU

ronin
15th November 2014, 19:00
so whatever a black whole consumes!
information?
it would have to eject somewhere?

as we are frequency beings maybe we can pick up on the information out there?

this could be a part of a cycle where all information past and present is available.

some may call it the ionsphere or the akashic records?

ronin
15th November 2014, 19:01
sorry if we are getting sidetracked:tiphat:

ronin
15th November 2014, 19:04
this is a better one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4V-ooITrws

jimmer
15th November 2014, 19:07
so whatever a black whole consumes!
information?
it would have to eject somewhere?

as we are frequency beings maybe we can pick up on the information out there?

this could be a part of a cycle where all information past and present is available.

some may call it the ionsphere or the akashic records?

you have just describing the movie's tesseract scene!

cool video.
we're all spinning in one big synchronicity.
on certain days, I think I have feel it : )

ronin
15th November 2014, 19:11

cool video.
we're all spinning in one big synchronicity.
on certain days, I think I have feel it : )

sorry cannot recall it!

ronin
15th November 2014, 19:17
so a Torus would be a eternity of self revolving information?
everything is to repeat itself?

jimmer
15th November 2014, 19:22

sorry cannot recall it!

"as we are frequency beings maybe we can pick up on the information out there?

some may call it the ionsphere or the akashic records?"

coop enters the black hole, into the fifth dimension,
where the time loop resides.
he discovers the singularity of time and space --
contacting his daughter and himself.
first try -- STAY
when that didn't work, he sent the gravity formula.
world saved!

my mind is beginning to hurt.

ronin
15th November 2014, 19:24
"as we are frequency beings maybe we can pick up on the information out there?

some may call it the ionsphere or the akashic records?"

coop enters the black hole, into the fifth dimension,
where the time loop resides.
he discovers the singularity of time and space --
contacting his daughter and himself.
first try -- STAY
when that didn't work, he sent the gravity formula.
world saved!

my mind is being to hurt.

lol your muscles hurt when you exercise them!

ronin
15th November 2014, 19:30
first try -STAY
a selfish egotistical thought to save himself and his daughter.
no wrong but just a natural feeling of self and responsibility to family.

second choice to help give his daughter the information to help save the rest of humanity.

he had two choices and the first one failed!

interesting!

then there was a sequence of dialogue where love was mentioned.
not our everyday understanding of love but universal love!

jimmer
15th November 2014, 19:34
lol your muscles hurt when you exercise them!

I'm pooped, but stoked to watch the film again.

I'm also midst of some writing.
I'm not sure if this headache is good or bad.
mind expansion or just damage. :tiphat:

I think it's nuts that more TOTers haven't seen the film yet.

ronin
15th November 2014, 19:35
be well jimmer
and thank you.

Moonlight
15th November 2014, 23:38
Whooooahhhh ! is all I have to say after seeing the film. The twist got me by surprise, which is a rare happening. I have pondered on this concept before, and it is nice, very nice, to see it there on the big screen.

I have seen this just a few days ago... :eyebrows:

http://youtu.be/XaykbM3WFVI

jimmer
16th November 2014, 12:55
for those lowly statesiders, here's a video from that series.
(caution: this is a lot to consume upon waking.) :eyebrows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15pOr1E6hvc&list=PLEAybnIQwy6b8q2pGv0ezokSpU4_tPXs5

this video is pretty incredible. I'm doing some writing, for fun and who knows.
I'm impressed how this message links to themes I'm playing with.

re-watched 'incepton' last night.
conclusion: everything goes better with hans zimmer music : )

jimmer
16th November 2014, 12:58
The twist got me by surprise, which is a rare happening. I have pondered on this concept

which twist in particular, moonlight?
from my count, there were 3 or 4 (or so).

Moonlight
16th November 2014, 13:18
Well, if you have not seen the movie, don't read this :p

The one where after going into the black hole he finds himself in those corridors in-between realities (4d,5d ... timelines.... what you may call it). Blew my mind ! LOL I did not see it coming.

A man sitting behind me just said... that's strange. hehe

What I did not like is that men in the future still wear suits !!! good thing he did not have a tie on. And how come they still have bottled beer when the food supply is so low. Hmm... I will watch again when available in video.

jimmer
16th November 2014, 13:35
at that moment, I gasped, 'it's him!'
pretty heady stuff for we mortals :eyebrows:

ronin
16th November 2014, 15:49
it could also be said that frequency comes into it.
a person who is able to tune into that extra frequency to be able to communicate with the other dimensions!

jimmer
16th November 2014, 16:25
it could also be said that frequency comes into it.
a person who is able to tune into that extra frequency to be able to communicate with the other dimensions!

but it hurts!

lift the veil
16th November 2014, 20:35

It was Ben Rich,former President and CEO of the Lockheed Skunkworks, who said we can take ET home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9ZZekWMiUQ

By the way Jimmer, you seem obsessed with those eyebrows.....:eyebrows:

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Isn't a tesseract supposed to be a 4 dimensional cube, where time is the 4th dimension. To me in the movie it seemed that while inside the tesseract all the spatial dimensions were held static, meaning x, y, and z were all defined as the points in space that were directly behind her book case. The only dimension that was allowed to change was time, so Cooper choose various times in the past to act as her ghost, which effectively left a bread crumb trail to the present time, where she finally figured out it was him communicating. She then noticed the morse code that he was transmitting through the dimensional boundary to her in "real-time". The tesseract then collapsed.

jimmer
16th November 2014, 20:56
By the way Jimmer, you seem obsessed with those eyebrows.....:eyebrows:

oh, I wouldn't say obsession. it's more like a mania, I tell ya! :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

so, LTV, did you see the film?

lift the veil
16th November 2014, 21:20
Yes Jimmer, see here http://jandeane81.com/threads/4577-Nolan-s-next-film-Interstellar?p=37145&viewfull=1#post37145

jimmer
16th November 2014, 21:32
Yes Jimmer, see here http://jandeane81.com/threads/4577-Nolan-s-next-film-Interstellar?p=37145&viewfull=1#post37145

oh, sorry I forgot.
you didn't really discuss the film much.
no offense.

lift the veil
16th November 2014, 21:58
oh, sorry I forgot.
you didn't really discuss the film much.
no offense.

Did you see my comment above regarding the tesseract (post #81)?

Tonz
17th November 2014, 09:07
`What i found interesting was what they had to over come there on earth , they knew that they could not evacuate due to the immensity of the project , so gravity , the concept the theory had to be rewritten , they seemed to have found 1/2 the work for themselves but the other half was found there in space , only then did the living have a chance , the other was relativity, similar to gravity they needed a solution . they led us to believe that they cracked them.
These two to me was the main messages in the film ,intensional and dominate ,clearly the purpose , our current formulas are not complete , we must observe and adapt to new thought and approach.

jimmer
17th November 2014, 12:54
SPOILER ALERT!!!

Isn't a tesseract supposed to be a 4 dimensional cube, where time is the 4th dimension. To me in the movie it seemed that while inside the tesseract all the spatial dimensions were held static, meaning x, y, and z were all defined as the points in space that were directly behind her book case. The only dimension that was allowed to change was time, so Cooper choose various times in the past to act as her ghost, which effectively left a bread crumb trail to the present time, where she finally figured out it was him communicating. She then noticed the morse code that he was transmitting through the dimensional boundary to her in "real-time". The tesseract then collapsed.

from what I gathered, the tesseract was described as a 5th dimensional time space,
where all the minute details of all conscious life is stored, nano second to nano second.
(ronin posted good background on this.)
it is a time loop. all connected and apparently, interactive.
'they' allowed coop to interact with both murph and himself to save 'their and our' hides.

all of this is laid out by TARS, as coop began to explore his daughter's timeline,
presented to coop by them.

nolan's films do this often. critical plot points blown off in a couple of lines of dialogue, like easter eggs.

while in the theatre, I noticed some guy went off to the restroom.
I guarantee, upon return, he was completely lost...

jimmer
17th November 2014, 14:03
`What i found interesting was what they had to over come there on earth , they knew that they could not evacuate due to the immensity of the project , so gravity , the concept the theory had to be rewritten , they seemed to have found 1/2 the work for themselves but the other half was found there in space , only then did the living have a chance , the other was relativity, similar to gravity they needed a solution . they led us to believe that they cracked them.
These two to me was the main messages in the film ,intensional and dominate ,clearly the purpose , our current formulas are not complete , we must observe and adapt to new thought and approach.

the 'answer' was only discovered after coop (in the tesseract) attempted
to change the outcome of STAY.
when that didn't work, his second attempt to change the timeline was successful.

life dangled on this second attempt.
we lucked out.

jimmer
17th November 2014, 20:36
soooo, what's this fifth dimension thingy
we've been talking about, relating to Interstellar?

well, it's quite simple, but instead of me going on,
this fellow created a video series to explain the various dimensions, including our subject, the 5th.

quite elementary, I tell ya. :victorious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN24Sv0qS1w

jimmer
17th November 2014, 20:51
I veered away from all the trailers and promotions
leading up to the film's release.
I wanted the experience to be as pure as possible.
on premier day, I broke down and read a few pre-release
non-spoiler reviews. the big topic of was the sound,
how loud it was, how disturbing it was -- NOLAN HAS DESTROYED HIS FILM!!! (etc.)

well, turns out he uses this technique in all his recent films.

the blast of sound, muting the dialogue, is by design to create utter chaos.

“It’s incredibly loud …
exhilarating and slightly frightening.
I was very keen to try and give the audience the experience
and the chaotic feeling with the sound..." (http://geektyrant.com/news/christopher-nolan-discusses-the-sound-of-interstellar)
(click to read nolan's use of sound in Interstellar)

BabaRa
17th November 2014, 21:38
but it hurts!

It doesn't hurt, but it's very scary when you lose all your reference points - and then the fear pops you back.

jimmer
19th November 2014, 17:52
another one of those necessary spoiler alerts for those
who plan to see the film, but just can't get themselves to commit. : )

this is for the rest of us...

Neil deGrasse Tyson Explains The End Of 'Interstellar'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1cexcjdyIE#t=159

ronin
20th November 2014, 18:38
i think i mentioned no time in a ealeir post:eyebrows:

jimmer
20th November 2014, 18:48
I'll see your :eyebrows: and raise you :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

ronin
20th November 2014, 18:50
I'll see your :eyebrows: and raise you :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

i call you!

jimmer
20th November 2014, 18:52
a full :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

ronin
20th November 2014, 18:54
four of a kind
:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

ronin
20th November 2014, 19:07
let me try to explain.
no time.

you can experience no time and you have a choice.
no time would be you as a fragment of source,but that does not neccarcary mean you can observe or interact with the other fragments!

you are a fragment.

so if you are pulled out into no time,which i think is your time.
your time meaning no one else s choices but your own.

what happens!

you have entered no time.you have a choice.to continue or dissolve all that you know and start again.
or pause wait and and resume.

at some point you will start again for that is the experience.

in no time there is no judgement,no ego,only what you have learnt and the option to carry on learning of what you have created!

only you decide what you want to experience and learn!

hope this makes some sense to someone.

jimmer
20th November 2014, 19:09
yes, I call that state, gaseous indigestion. :eyebrows: !!!!

jimmer
21st November 2014, 15:12
a film has two tools to present its story:
picture and oft overlooked, sound.

here's the 'sound' of Interstellar.

http://vimeo.com/112098660