PDA

View Full Version : Surveillance: The hidden ways you�re tracked

Ria
28th October 2014, 23:28
asked about government and corporate surveillance, there are some who shrug their shoulders and say they have nothing to fear because they have nothing to hide. Schneier’s response? “I ask them their salary and they won’t tell me. I ask them about their sexual fantasy world and they won’t tell me. The whole ‘I have nothing to hide’ thing is stupid, that’s a dumb comment,” he says. What’s more, your day-to-day behaviour is monitored in ways you wouldn’t even realise, so these details and many more could be open for all to see – and use against you. And that’s a problem, even if you happen to trust your government to use the data for good.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20141027-the-hidden-ways-youre-tracked

Sooz
29th October 2014, 08:05
If someone says they have nothing to hide, ask them this:

If you have 'nothing to hide', then please.....

'email me all your email addresses, passwords to all the sites you visit and passwords for your bank accounts'
'leave your bathroom door open when I visit, so I can watch you have a shower or when you go the toilet'
'leave your curtains open at night, so I can see what you get up to with your lover/wife/husband'
'send me a transcript of the last phone call you had with your best friend when you wanted to discuss a problem'
'tell me what you last discussed with your doctor'

That'll shut them up:D

Sooz
29th October 2014, 08:42
While I'm on my soapbox, the other thing which is quite obvious, is this:

Why is it OK for the government to track and trace me, keep a log of all my email and phone conversations, GPS track my vehicle every time I pass a cell tower, track my movements via my phone and/or iPad, websites I visit......and yet when a member of the public wants to know what the government is doing, that is classified information and in the interest of the public to keep it secret. That should be a big, red flag right there.

They want to know all about us and we are not allowed to know about them. It's because THEY have things to hide.

Ria
29th October 2014, 08:56
E
While I'm on my soapbox, the other thing which is quite obvious, is this:

Why is it OK for the government to track and trace me, keep a log of all my email and phone conversations, GPS track my vehicle every time I pass a cell tower, track my movements via my phone and/or iPad, websites I visit......and yet when a member of the public wants to know what the government is doing, that is classified information and in the interest of the public to keep it secret. That should be a big, red flag right there.

They want to know all about us and we are not allowed to know about them. It's because THEY have things to hide.

:winner:Yes Sooz :thup:

Sooz
29th October 2014, 09:07
Sorry for ranting, but I get so frustrated with most people that I talk to these days. I don't ram things down people's throats - I try to very subtly introduce something into the conversation and then they say.....'It's all a conspiracy, you read too much into things, it's not that bad, the government is not spying on you...do you have something to hide? I'm sick and tired of these knuckle-dragging Neanderthals who keep thinking I AM NUTS. Most people are sleep-walking drongo drones, addicted to their TV programming shyte on TV, shovelling GMO, aspartame laden crap into their gobs, guzzling their fluoride laden water.....

And I am the one who is NUTS!:onthequite:

Rant over...

gardener
29th October 2014, 15:04
Sooz you are spot on doesn't matter how subtly you put it they simply don't want to know.