PDA

View Full Version : A Spooktastic Meeting....

28th October 2014, 13:44
My wife, my youngest son and I had an odd encounter last night that I thought I would share with you. There are probably countless plausible explanations as to why I shouldn't have found this spooky but I definitely did, as did the two other family members.......

We were returning from dropping our eldest son off at kickboxing and as we exited the vehicle my youngest pointed down the street and asked "is she real"? In the misty darkness a chill ran down my spine as I followed his pointing finger to a position underneath a street lamp. Barely visible was the outline of something, crouched half on the curb, half in the road. We locked the car and slowly edged forward, united as an apprehensive, cowardly throng.

As we moved closer I could tell that it was a youngish girl sat on the curb, staring straight down at the floor, the outline of her hair tumbling darkly over her obscured face. Needless to say at this point, I felt that my wife and son could be in potential danger and I ushered them back into the sanctuary of indoors, which they willingly undertook. I approached the shadow-like figure and whimpered "hello" in the pathetic, pitiful tone of a teenage boy who's voice was breaking in the midst of a horror film. Correcting myself and mustering what little testosterone I had left in me, I cleared my throat and re-iterated "hello?" in the most authoritative, business-like affront I could muster.

The "girl" slowly raised her head to look at me. I could see the outline of her hair in such a way that she must have been looking at me but I could make out no facial features, despite the generous lashings of light from the street-light that shone on her from above.

"Hello" she uttered in a sweet voice.

"Are you ok?" I asked, finding slightly more courage than my previous offering suggested.

"Yes" she replied slightly curtly as though she blatantly wasn't and I should be capable of fathoming thus.

"Aren't you cold? Do you have a coat? What are you doing out here at this time?" I offered in a bombardment of confused prodding.

"I'm fine thank you" she sighed, the sweetness returning to her voice. "My Sister will be here soon and my mum and dad are on their way".

"Well what time are they returning?" I asked, my concerns and un-ease growing greater by the second.

"Eight", the curt tone returning in her confident little voice.

"Do you want to come inside to warm up?" I asked, chastising myself for how this may appear to any potential onlooker, what with me offering a young girl into my house.

"No thank you" she sung slightly tauntingly in a ner ner ner neeeer ner melody.

"Ok well if you get cold, we are at number four" I offered, returning to my present state of pitiful and turning tail to head into the house.

On my way back to the house I nervously glanced over to see if she was still sat there. She was, her hair still betraying the fact that she was looking at me. I re-iterated the conversation to my wife and son, who listened, still slightly un-nerved. Gathering the last remaining morsel of a nerve I had left I ran upstairs to look at the street where she was sat only a few seconds before. The street was completely deserted, the only movement being the thumping of next doors' slightly loose fence panel in the light breeze.

The girl was gone. The house she had been sat outside remained deserted and dark. I looked back just after eight o clock in the hope I would see a car pull up and unleash the elusive sister, dad or mum. No one came all night. There were no cars there this morning.

Strange but true.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/f3/00/bc/f300bcc264bef2516dbf38242792dec9.jpg

Frances
28th October 2014, 14:15
Well that is a spooky encounter Ben. If she needed help she would of been grateful, asked for a lend of your mobile phone even if she did not want to come to your house.
As you invited her in, maybe wise to do your thing, and clear any unwanted thingies that may have wandered in.
Frances.

28th October 2014, 14:21
As you invited her in, maybe wise to do your thing, and clear any unwanted thingies that may have wandered in.

Very sound advice Frances thank you! :shocked:

ronin
29th October 2014, 22:03
this happened early hours this morning.
roughly about 4.00am.
i was asleep and became semi conscious.
the covers of the duvet was around my head.

something scurried across the bed and i felt two pressures on my head.
i thought it was our cat Tess,as she usually does this when she wants to awaken us.
she will climb on our shoulder and paw our face to get our attention.

but whilst in this this state i was aware it was much smaller than a cat,maybe a rat i thought!
i felt to pressure pads,just like paws(i thought) gently on my skull.
nah it,s Tess and i shrugged and turned over.

fact was i was vaguely aware and felt it to be smaller than a cat but my mind was accepting it was our cat.

the alarm went off early doors and no sight of the cat in the house.
i went to work.
came back and asked my partner is she had seen Tess.
she said she had let her in this morning when she had gotten up.

Tess had stayed out all night!

this is not the first time i have felt a presence and it has tried to disguise itself or tell me to ignore the situation and go back to sleep!

is any one familiar with this?