PDA

View Full Version : Australian Aboriginal Wisdom

shamanseeker
25th September 2013, 15:46
I love indigenous cultures and their spirituality. I've tended to focus on Native American spirituality which I love, but I am even more fascinated by the mystery of the original Australian Aboriginal culture.

http://www.weareholidays.co.in/articles/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Aborigines.jpg

"Dr. Nandisvara, who some have called the 'Pope' of India, has chosen to describe the native Australians as one of the most civilized and cultured peoples on the planet today." Hank Wesselman

I've come across this article by Hank Wesselman, a shaman who lives in Hawaii, which talks about Dadirri, a special quality allowing us to make contact with our inner selves. Here is an excerpt from his article:

"Several years ago, I received an email from some unknown soul預n unexpected missive that included the words of an Australian Aboriginal elder named Miriam Rose Ungunmerr-Baumann. I had never heard of her before, but as I read through her brief statement, I realized that her narrative was filled with power in its simplicity and directness. Miriam Rose's message is clearly for all of us, and so I share some of it with you here enhanced by some additional information about Aboriginal thought.

For starters, Miriam Rose defines the ability called dadirri as a special quality that allows each of us to make contact with a deep spring that lies within us. To connect with that spring requires that we achieve a state of quiet, still awareness. It is similar to what we Westerners call 'contemplation' or 'meditation.' Shamanic practitioners know it well.

Dadirri

For the traditional Aboriginals, Miriam Rose proclaims that this contemplative focus permeates their entire way of life, their whole being葉hat dadirri continually renews them on a day-to-day basis, bringing them peace, creating harmony where there is disharmony, producing balance where there is imbalance, restoring health where there is illness.

There are no great hidden truths here, no 'secret knowledge' hidden away for centuries, waiting for a bunch of New Age charismatics with power point presentations to rediscover them, excavate them, and write a book about them, proclaiming them as the solution to all our problems, personal and collective.

This woman's message conveys a simple and unmistakable truth葉hat the practice of dadirri makes the Aboriginals feel whole again. She shares that they cannot live good and useful lives unless they practice dadirri and that they learned how to do this from their ancestors.

As a Western anthropologist who has done considerable time in the indigenous world, I can appreciate this traditional woman's words. During my years spent among the tribal peoples of Africa, one of the things that I learned is that they are not threatened by silence. To the contrary, they are completely at home in it. Their traditional ways have taught them how to be still and how to listen to the silence. Accordingly, they do not try to hurry things up. Rather they allow them to follow their natural courses様ike the seasons... and they wait.

So the Aboriginal woman's message from Australia conveys a familiar message as well as an extraordinary claim葉hat those Aboriginals still living in their traditional lifeways don't worry... that they never worry. They know that in the practice of dadirri葉he deep listening and quiet stillness of the soul-that all ways will be made clear to them in time."

Read more: http://www.sharedwisdom.com/article/australian-aboriginal-wisdom

The following is a video of "a sample of the traditional music of the native people of Australia, the so-called Aboriginals (actually several peoples, each with its own language), who possess a most original and beautiful culture and are the heirs of the most ancient wisdom of the world.
Enjoy this masterpiece of aboriginal folk music and the fascinating sound of the didgeridoo (the traditional aboriginal wooden "drone pipe")! This song was composed, and is performed and sung by Richard Walley, one of the greatest and most famous Australian Aboriginal composers and musicians."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFGvNxBqYFI

Wolf Khan
26th September 2013, 04:02
Our Australian Aborigines are a people who are essentially ignored here in Oz, The death rate in our Northern Territory makes me think that they are being systematically wiped out. The Elders who carry critically vital racial memory wisdom are dying out with no one to carry on their legacy. My brothers and sisters are dying out and no one cares one bit. It is said humanity is awakening well bs to that they just have new words to use but no true change is evident. Still the cabal destroy us and still humanity goes ho hum.

Calz
26th September 2013, 04:56
Our Australian Aborigines are a people who are essentially ignored here in Oz, The death rate in our Northern Territory makes me think that they are being systematically wiped out. The Elders who carry critically vital racial memory wisdom are dying out with no one to carry on their legacy. My brothers and sisters are dying out and no one cares one bit. It is said humanity is awakening well bs to that they just have new words to use but no true change is evident. Still the cabal destroy us and still humanity goes ho hum.

Agreed.

Indigenous peoples the world over have been targeted for a long time by the scum that be.

Sooz
26th September 2013, 09:30
shamanseeker, this is quite synchronistic.

That vid you played was the EXACT same one I was going to post just yesterday. The EXACT same one!

I was thinking of the didge and how much I enjoy the tones....picked one out to post, then got distracted with other things and didn't post it.

How weird is that? Out of all the didge pieces one can post, you posted the one I wanted to post.:)

Thanks, I enjoyed it.

Tonz
26th September 2013, 10:52
Playing didge. is also so very rewarding for there player,it does vibrate your mind into altered states.
like any instrument, the feelings of the player can be felt if they are in tune with what they want to express.
with the didge, like it of not,the instrument also plays you .

Cearna
26th September 2013, 10:59
Thanks shamanseeker, inspirational story and super wonderful music.

Tonz
26th September 2013, 11:49
Alan dargin was always one that inspired me .hes like hendrix with his own method of sound.
I have reposted the links ,think they work now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRNktkokjgI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PMceLPVdTs

Tonz
26th September 2013, 11:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-n63sEXQqs

shamanseeker
26th September 2013, 15:45
Thanks everyone for your comments.

I'm so sorry for what's happening to your brothers over there in Oz, Wolf Khan. The Australian aborigines have been targeted probably more than other aboriginal groups but they've been targeted really badly too, because they are the oldest and wisest of them all.

I'm more hopeful than you, though. I believe they will have elders who are protecting their birthright somewhere, like the elders of the Inca who have protected their knowledge from the governments and who are hiding out up in the high Andes. I read the books of an Incan curandero or shaman but I can't find them in English. He was sent here to Italy and comes here every year to share their knowledge - there was a prophecy when he was born that he would take their msg to a place where it was needed most - probably here to where the Church of Babylon is so strong and where the black nobility has emerged directly from the Roman Empire. I'll try to find time to translate some of his stuff which is lovely.

Sooz, there are no coincidences. We needed to think and hear about these lovely people at this precise moment. Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks for the videos, tonton. It says to try again later, but will watch them.

Hi Calz, my friend! Love it - Scum that be :) I shall be calling them that from now on. Hopefully, though they're soon to be the Scum that were!

Calz
26th September 2013, 16:50
The Australian aborigines have been targeted probably more than other aboriginal groups but they've been targeted really badly too, because they are the oldest and wisest of them all.

The Kogi due to their remote and near impossible to reach location are another group in that mode.

I brought it up in the "olden" forum but at that time links considered promotions were pounced upon (sadly enough).

Here is a trailer for a movie (the 2nd about their message to we the "younger brothers" yet not released to the public).

The story is published in a book (which I have and will not link) and the 1st movie (documentary) is available on the net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXiBSfca6KY

Cearna
27th September 2013, 02:31
It was about this time (late 1980's) that I was being told the same thing by the mountains of Molokaii, and of course we are realising now the same thing these wonderful people are saying. The problem becomes so hard when it comes down to a matter of feeding, the family for now, or being able to feed our spiritual selves for ever more. The fathers of those families will fight tooth and nail to save the jobs that they know is desperately needed to feed themselves and this is but only one of the many things that mean people will listen to something other than what is there to be heard, seen or felt. It is much easier for those who are rich enough to feed ourselves, than those faced with the choice.

It takes a lot to come to the conclusion that you have within yourself, all that is needed to continue to survive and be well in spirit as well as in your physical body. I had just become able to own my own home at about this time in my life (late 1980's) and yet I found that I didn't need all this , I could let go of it all and be just as happy, so I did. Mind you I was going through my Chiron return, which for my generation was to find that you need not be tied to a home, you had to be able to let go and move on. The reason that was our lesson, was that at the time of my birth the IInd World war was about to start and all over the world there were going to be people dispossessed of the homes and country, lives too and there was a big lesson to be learnt there. It will bode you well to find out the over-riding that that was happening to the world at large when you were born, and you may save yourself some hard lessons to face, when you reach around age 52 or so. These are the things we need to look and see into, to see what we are doing to ourselves, everyone else and especially this planet on which we are so dependent. Do we stand back to see our own heritage taken from us and future generations because we need to learn lessons that obviously were meant to be learnt.