PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts of love, friendship, our soul's journey, from a Celtic Point of View

shamanseeker
30th September 2014, 15:08
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR85N-yUKIU4n6ZM792HPILu72osVOK2uacVGHWpk68faLcc1sVKg

If you send out goodness from yourself, or if you share that which is happy or good within you, it will all come back to you multiplied ten thousand times. In the kingdom of love there is no competition; there is no possessiveness or control. The more love you give away, the more love you will have.”

“Real friendship or love is not manufactured or achieved by an act of will or intention. Friendship is always an act of recognition.”

“No one else has access to the world you carry around within yourself; you are its custodian and entrance. No one else can see the world the way you see it. No one else can feel your life the way you feel it. Thus it is impossible to ever compare two people because each stands on such different ground. When you compare yourself to others, you are inviting envy into your consciousness; it can be a dangerous and destructive guest.”

“When love awakens in your life, in the night of your heart, it is like the dawn breaking within you. Where before there was anonymity, now there is intimacy; where before there was fear, now there is courage; where before in your life there was awkwardness, now there is a rhythm of grace and gracefulness; where before you used to be jagged, now you are elegant and in rhythm with your self. When love awakens in your life, it is like a rebirth, a new beginning.”

“Beauty is the illumination of your soul.”

“Once the soul awakens, the search begins and you can never go back. From then on, you are inflamed with a special longing that will never again let you linger in the lowlands of complacency and partial fulfillment. The eternal makes you urgent. You are loath to let compromise or the threat of danger hold you back from striving toward the summit of fulfillment.”

“We do not need to go out and find love; rather, we need to be still and let love discover us.”

“We do not need to grieve for the dead. Why should we grieve for them? They are now in a place where there is no more shadow, darkness, loneliness, isolation, or pain. They are home.”

“If you try to view yourself through the lenses that others offer you, all you will see are distortions; your own light and beauty will become blurred, awkward, and ugly. Your sense of inner beauty has to remain a very private thing.”

“The ego is the false self-born out of fear and defensiveness.”

“The world rests in the night. Trees, mountains, fields, and faces are released from the prison of shape and the burden of exposure. Each thing creeps back into its own nature within the shelter of the dark. Darkness is the ancient womb. Nighttime is womb- time. Our souls come out to play. The darkness absolves everything; the struggle for identity and impression falls away. We rest in the night.”

“You are as young as you feel. If you begin to feel the warmth of your soul, there will be a youthfulness in you that no one will be able to take away from you.”

“Real intimacy is a sacred experience. It never exposes its secret trust and belonging to the voyeuristic eye of a neon culture. Real intimacy is of the soul, and the soul is reserved.”

― John O'Donohue, Celtic Wisdom

Cearna
5th October 2014, 10:39
In the older days some Celts used to fear that their Souls would fly out the windows, so to appease to spirits of Souls that had done so, they made each day Old Souls' Day. Then if their fears became too strong, that their Soul might have gone, they made deep lights out of green woods or indigo roots, telling their Souls to stop lingering out there, and come back to a loving home and hearth. This lasted for centuries till Romans came, who didn't believe in Souls and Sprits, which is why in the now, their need is to rekindle life back to old Celts' ways, because without story telling in the home, we steadily lost the mind of a child and turned children into something akin to close minded twits, who know of little except technology, unless their minds are well looked after in other ways.

The few who are left tell of god, and fairies and open rolling hills of olden days, which might one day lead to the opening up of little minds. Cling on to this and one day soon you may get back to your own roots, shamanseeker, and you might come back to a Soul Harvest, which they used to have one day each Spring, and old dears would live and breathe old stories to the little ones for hours on these days. This kept the hearts of the Celts alive and flourishing, till Romans came and stopped all ties to the olden days and made the people cling to Rome, which had little to do with life at home and hearth

Will ye no come back again, the old hearts of Celts, and show the few left that their love of Gods and fairies and olden ways is what we cling on to even now.

:belief: :victorious:

Tribe
5th October 2014, 12:50
Ahh the beautiful John Donohue , Celtic spirituality sing to me oh sweet knowing of time xx

Moonlight
5th October 2014, 13:10
[QUOTE=shamanseeker;33276]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR85N-yUKIU4n6ZM792HPILu72osVOK2uacVGHWpk68faLcc1sVKg

Lovely owl.

Tribe
5th October 2014, 18:57
It's also no small coincidence that I went to church today , it is celtic spirituality based and it was really lovely , I usually attend Quaker meetings but felt moved to go to this church due to it's celtic leanings, xx

BabaRa
5th October 2014, 19:11
Loved it shamanseeker, AND where do you get all those special animal pixs?

shamanseeker
16th October 2014, 15:42
I just typed Celtic images, I think, into Google :) I think I'll make the owl my avatar now if I can manage to do it, but I forget each time how ;)

shamanseeker
16th October 2014, 15:44
Thank you all so much for your lovely comments - especially Cearna - truly heart-warming. Here in Italy we know much about how 'Rome' has messed things up but if you look, you'll also learn of how it's messed up many countries. (I'm not talking about the Roman people, but the leaders!)

lookbeyond
16th October 2014, 22:51
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR85N-yUKIU4n6ZM792HPILu72osVOK2uacVGHWpk68faLcc1sVKg

If you send out goodness from yourself, or if you share that which is happy or good within you, it will all come back to you multiplied ten thousand times. In the kingdom of love there is no competition; there is no possessiveness or control. The more love you give away, the more love you will have.”

“Real friendship or love is not manufactured or achieved by an act of will or intention. Friendship is always an act of recognition.”

“No one else has access to the world you carry around within yourself; you are its custodian and entrance. No one else can see the world the way you see it. No one else can feel your life the way you feel it. Thus it is impossible to ever compare two people because each stands on such different ground. When you compare yourself to others, you are inviting envy into your consciousness; it can be a dangerous and destructive guest.”

“When love awakens in your life, in the night of your heart, it is like the dawn breaking within you. Where before there was anonymity, now there is intimacy; where before there was fear, now there is courage; where before in your life there was awkwardness, now there is a rhythm of grace and gracefulness; where before you used to be jagged, now you are elegant and in rhythm with your self. When love awakens in your life, it is like a rebirth, a new beginning.”

“Beauty is the illumination of your soul.”

“Once the soul awakens, the search begins and you can never go back. From then on, you are inflamed with a special longing that will never again let you linger in the lowlands of complacency and partial fulfillment. The eternal makes you urgent. You are loath to let compromise or the threat of danger hold you back from striving toward the summit of fulfillment.”

“We do not need to go out and find love; rather, we need to be still and let love discover us.”

“We do not need to grieve for the dead. Why should we grieve for them? They are now in a place where there is no more shadow, darkness, loneliness, isolation, or pain. They are home.”

“If you try to view yourself through the lenses that others offer you, all you will see are distortions; your own light and beauty will become blurred, awkward, and ugly. Your sense of inner beauty has to remain a very private thing.”

“The ego is the false self-born out of fear and defensiveness.”

“The world rests in the night. Trees, mountains, fields, and faces are released from the prison of shape and the burden of exposure. Each thing creeps back into its own nature within the shelter of the dark. Darkness is the ancient womb. Nighttime is womb- time. Our souls come out to play. The darkness absolves everything; the struggle for identity and impression falls away. We rest in the night.”

“You are as young as you feel. If you begin to feel the warmth of your soul, there will be a youthfulness in you that no one will be able to take away from you.”

“Real intimacy is a sacred experience. It never exposes its secret trust and belonging to the voyeuristic eye of a neon culture. Real intimacy is of the soul, and the soul is reserved.”

― John O'Donohue, Celtic Wisdom

This Wisdom is so beautiful shamanseeker, it helps me to see/feel myself becoming a polished pebble from a piece of rock,lov lb