PDA

View Full Version : How to get thrown out of a restaurant (and you didn’t even mention the word ‘fluoride’).

Mark
18th September 2014, 12:36
Scene in a Restaurant in Birmingham (UK)

CUSTOMER: “Could I have a glass of red wine and some water please?”

WAITER: “Tap water or mineral water?”

CUSTOMER: “Birmingham tap water isn’t water: it’s medicine. So I would like
bottled mineral or spring water please – free of charge”

WAITER: “But ..... we don’t provide free bottled water. We only have to provide
free tap water.”

CUSTOMER: “You can’t provide me with free tap water because it doesn’t exist in this City. The
Licensing Act 2003 states that you have to provide me with water free of charge if I have purchased
alcohol with my meal. However, you can’t provide me with free
tap water because in Birmingham it isn’t ‘water’ but a medicine.
Therefore, I suggest that you ought to provide me with free
natural mineral water or spring water. And please don’t suggest
table water because that’s probably tap medicine in a bottle.”

WAITER: “Duh”. ...................

MANAGER: “We’ll have to ask you to leave, sir. Please go quietly.”

monk
18th September 2014, 13:22
I hope this was you, if so Good Lad Mark!

The courage to speak up in public is non-downloadable...

Altaira
18th September 2014, 16:32
I sense this was you too:). Well done Mark :winner::ht:

BabaRa
18th September 2014, 16:51
I understand what the customer's (who shall remain anonymous) point was and I appreciate that their goal was to bring attention to this matter.

However, I do wonder if going after the Indians is the best approach. We have to find the chiefs (and rankle them). The poor waiter (and these people are often working for very low wages) can't do anything about changing what's in the water - and I dare say the owner of the restaurant - all by himself can't do anything either, anymore than any of us, alone, can do anything.

Now if you organize a group of owners or a group of patrons, that might have some impact - otherwise the customer simply ruined an evening out and really didn't accomplish anything other than make themselves feel temporarily good, but what about the waiter, the owner, the other patrons who overheard and whoever the customer was with. It wouldn't have made me happy if my significant other did that on our one night out - and for what? Did it change anything or even have the potential of changing anything.

Not trying to put anyone down here, because we all do things ocassionally that in retrospect could have been handled in a more meaningful way, rather than us just taking out our grievances on someone who can't do anything about them. Sorry, am not trying to offend anyone here. Just throwing out another perspective.

ronin
18th September 2014, 17:47
good story but i agree with BabaRa if the waiter and the manager are unaware of the effects of tap water then your fighting a lost cause unless you are trying to educate them.
did you leave them anything to ponder about?
apart from mineral water we cannot escape the fluoride in everything that we drink,from beer to soda.
how many people are aware of it and they may think it is just a conspiracy theory.

another point is people are not willing to listen but right you off as a nut or a conspiracy theorists.i think we have all been there,and this just helps the ptb in their progression of whatever.

it would be wise to be selective to whome you try to educate,make aware.

Mark
18th September 2014, 20:56
Amazing....tee hee, this is a very important lesson to you all, never once did i say "I" was involved, AND that it actually happened!

You all assumed without any facts or even admonition, tsk, I thought better of TOTers ;-)

BUT, it is an amusing anecdote nonetheless.

However, Birmingham, in the UK do classify the drinking water as medicated, which is also their downfall, because it is illegal to give medication without consent and yet the fluoride has been added without consent...

Sorry for the approach but important points have been made :eyebrows::getcoat:

monk
19th September 2014, 11:15
LOL ! Well it should have been you Mark!!

The chiefs will only listen when all the Indians sing from the same hymn sheet.

Seikou-Kishi
19th September 2014, 13:20
Was this you? I'll not be able to read another of your posts without hearing it in a Beermingim accent :-p

Good for whoever said this anyway.