PDA

View Full Version : Who are you?

Ria
2nd September 2014, 07:29
Dose any one know who the"Cosmic Nation " are? I am playged with emails to join.
It has become a bit of a bug to me. The person is called Elshara with a picture of a white wolf, is doing the inviting.
Thanks
Ria

Spiral
2nd September 2014, 08:24
What you didn't get a link or you can't google it ?

Please do not post any of their content here :chrs:

Ria
2nd September 2014, 09:14
What happens is your requested to join all the time. What ever it is it dose not seem tobe an open forum. I am more annoyed they have my email and keep bugging me. I have considered it might be someone I know as yet don't know who. I just don't like unsolicited request.
And know I won't be posting what ever their stuff is

Spiral
2nd September 2014, 09:20
Its a VERY new age site & it does have a kind of forum, it also has a huge donate thing right on the front page :vom:

Surely there is an "unsubscribe" link some where on the emails ?

norman
2nd September 2014, 11:50
I keep on getting emails from a friend's email account which are short, cryptic and contain a "link".

When I got the first one about 8 months ago I foolishly clicked on the link. It took me to a VERY new-age site ( which seemed to be ok because this particular friend IS a very new age person, so I thought it was just her shoving some new-age junk in my face )

When a second one arrived in my email account I discussed it with 'said' friend. It turned out she had not sent any such email to me.

I asked her to run some anti-malware programs on here computer because it was starting to look to me like she had been hacked and hijacked, even to the extent that her computer had spat out her yahoo mail account password for the hijackers.

The scam appears to be that someone's email account get's hijacked and then it's used to send spam to people within that account's contact list.

As the scam was related to either real or bogus new-age sites and my friend was a new-ager type, it looks to me like she must have picked up the malware while being a visitor to some such new-ager site.

Even though I've asked her to scan her computer for nasty junk malware, I got another dodgy email from her account a week ago. At least I know to delete it as soon as I see it.

So, Ria, I suggest that you check your computer for malware first.

I suggest that you download and run the free version of Malwarebytes ( from malwarebytes dot org ). While installing it, don't choose the full version or even the DEMO of the full version.

A good second layers of scrubbing is to download and install Spybot Search & Destroy and do the same with that.

All that advice only applies if you are using a PC, of course.

EDIT to ad:

Of course, it's most likely that a message like that is coming from someone else's hijacked email account. So have a think if there is a clue who to contact to tip them off.

Ria
2nd September 2014, 12:11
Thank you all for your advice. I will have to sort out the malware and relegate it to spam with all the penile enlargement adds, no I don't view them, but when clearing my spam box there seems to be trillions of them. We live in such a silly world.

Sooz
2nd September 2014, 12:41
I am also getting a lot of crap stuff in my inbox and I'm VERY careful. Sigh.....

Be careful where you sign up and share your email.

I think the best thing is to get a good IT person in to detox the comp!

On a lighter note, I have no fear of any nude photos being pinched from my icloud account because none have ever been taken! LOL!!!

Let that be a lesson for all the young ones out there. (God, I sound like an old Granny).:D

The One
2nd September 2014, 12:45
On a lighter note, I have no fear of any nude photos being pinched from my icloud account because none have ever been taken! LOL!!!

Let that be a lesson for all the young ones out there. (God, I sound like an old Granny)

Lol i will try my remote viewing out tonight

cheers

Sooz
2nd September 2014, 12:50

cheers

Oh, please don't.

If you do, go back in time 20 years. I was a bit of alright then, lol...

Good luck with that.:p

norman
2nd September 2014, 12:51
I've signed 3 petitions at 'change dot org' ( so far ).

As you'll know if you've also signed a petition there. you have to provide your name and address.

Since the first one, I've suddenly started getting junk from spammers who seem to know the name of my nearest town!

I'm a little suspicious that change dot org, is either not quite what it says it is or has been hacked.

Sooz
2nd September 2014, 13:08
Just posted a new profile pic taken yesterday at a party.

Will take it down tomorrow. It always is good to see the real person you are communicating with.

This is the real Sooz.:tiphat:

Ria
2nd September 2014, 13:25
Just posted a new profile pic taken yesterday at a party.

Will take it down tomorrow. It always is good to see the real person you are communicating with.

This is the real Sooz.:tiphat:love the hat. I take it, it's a bit chilly down under.

Ria
2nd September 2014, 13:29

cheers do you like flannelette PJs :tea:

Sooz
2nd September 2014, 13:38
love the hat. I take it, it's a bit chilly down under.

At the moment, yes. Lots of rain lately. Flooding.

Double doonas on the bed with the windows open.

Spring here now, getting slightly warmer.

Then in a couple of months it will be as hot as hell, fans going full blast and cold showers. Humidity at 100% = bad hair days, that's where hats come in handy, lol!

Wouldn't be dead for quids. I live in God's own country and count my blessings every day.;)

Sorry for getting off topic.

Sooz
x

Ria
2nd September 2014, 13:39
I've signed 3 petitions at 'change dot org' ( so far ).

As you'll know if you've also signed a petition there. you have to provide your name and address.

Since the first one, I've suddenly started getting junk from spammers who seem to know the name of my nearest town!

I'm a little suspicious that change dot org, is either not quite what it says it is or has been hacked.
I was wondering about that just yesterday.
I signed the partition yesterday for the boy who is in hospital and parents in jail, straight away a got a request for a donation the parents would not of been able to sort out such a thing so fast or the grand parents at such a stressful time.

norman
2nd September 2014, 13:55
I was wondering about that just yesterday.
I signed the partition yesterday for the boy who is in hospital and parents in jail, straight away a got a request for a donation the parents would not of been able to sort out such a thing so fast or the grand parents at such a stressful time.

As i understood it, the request for a donation wasn't actually for the people who set up the petition. It was worded as if it might have been ( by saying it was to help the petioners ) but was really an appeal for donations to the website which hosts and provides a platform for such petitioners.

gardener
2nd September 2014, 15:31
Hello Sooz is this new avatar you? very impressive, somehow I had a different image of you in my minds eye its good to see the person your talking to.

Spiral
2nd September 2014, 16:30
Maybe members would like to do this test :whstl:

Are YOU less tech savvy than a 5-year-old?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2740015/Are-YOU-tech-savvy-5-year-old-Take-quiz-youre-25-adults-struggle-new-computer-curriculum.html

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m508/VaguelyReticent/Emoticons/Colere_8_zps3b9da071.gif

:ttr:

jimmer
2nd September 2014, 17:04
level 4, just : /

"You reached Key Stage 4

This means your digital know-how is up there with 14 to 16 year-olds."

sweet.

The One
2nd September 2014, 17:49
level 4, just : /

"You reached Key Stage 4

This means your digital know-how is up there with 14 to 16 year-olds."

sweet.

Well Jimbo this is what i got below

You have failed Level 1! Unfortunately you didn’t answer enough questions correctly to move to the next level lol

Ria
2nd September 2014, 17:55
Are YOU less tech savvy than a 5-year-old?

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m508/VaguelyReticent/Emoticons/Colere_8_zps3b9da071.gif

Yes...to the first.
The illustration is my idea of a repair.