PDA

View Full Version : Amnesia Appeal: Can You Name This Man

The One
10th July 2014, 09:35
Well what do you think of this story.My mind is running wild with different theories on what's happened

Doctors are calling on anyone who knows this man to come forward after he was found in a park unable to remember his own name

http://media.skynews.com/media/images/generated/2014/7/10/322397/default/v1/9988267-1-1-522x293.jpg

A hospital in Cambridgeshire has launched an appeal for help identifying an amnesia sufferer who is unable to remember any details about his life, including his name and age.

The man, believed to be in his early 20s, was found in a park near Peterborough bus station at 6am on May 18.

He told police he had no memory of who he was or how he came to be there.

He was not carrying any personal documents, a phone or a wallet.

Experts at the Cavell Centre at Peterborough City Hospital say the man, who they have named Robert, is suffering from a very severe case of amnesia.

Robert said: "The last few weeks have been truly horrible. I go through so many different emotions.

"At times I am angry, frustrated, depressed, lost and confused. I just need to find out my name and I hope someone out there will recognise me and help."

Robert is 5ft 9ins tall, weighs 13st and has dark hair and blue eyes.

His accent is thought to be eastern European, although he speaks English. He also understands some Lithuanian and Russian.

Despite efforts to help him regain his memory, doctors say he has made little improvement over the last two months and are now calling for help.

Dr Manaan Kar Ray, clinical director of acute care at the Cambridge and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust, said: "Clearly this is very upsetting for him as he cannot recall any details of his life including his own name, age, where he is from, or what he does for a job.

"We have made strenuous efforts to help him with his memory - including taking him back to where he was found - but nothing has been successful so far.

"Our staff have spent a lot of time with him, helping him to recall day-to-day activities, and he can use a computer and play football and basketball, but we are still no closer to finding out who he is.

"Understandably, he is now getting very frustrated and I hope this appeal will mean someone will recognise him and come forward."

Anyone with information has been asked to contact the Cambridge and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust on 01733 776014 between 8am and 8pm. Lines are open every day.

http://news.sky.com/story/1298461/amnesia-appeal-can-you-name-this-man

markoid
10th July 2014, 11:56
Wow, from the photo (very different lft and rt sides), the guy has at least 2 personalities or more imo.
Possible heavy MK programming I reckon... poor fella.

Lord Sidious
11th July 2014, 10:21
Sorry, I don't recall his name................................

shamanseeker
11th July 2014, 13:10
He should be recognised with ears like that. Not joking - his ears really are different!

gardener
12th July 2014, 07:30
thank you shamanseeker I though that too. gardener x