PDA

View Full Version : How to Wake Up Friends Without Losing Them

Calabash
9th July 2014, 11:19
A pertinent and entertaining video from Thomas Sheridan who is better known for his work on psychopathic nature. Its content struck a personal chord with me about my own behaviour /zeal and how I (and other forum members?) might come across to friends and family who do not share the same views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl2GGLELkv4

Among other things, Thomas mentions the "Peak Experience", and from the wiki website (link below) I can definitely relate to having experienced these feelings and would like to sustain them a little longer, even if I do come across as a bore / fruitcake to others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_experience

So, time to rein it in perhaps and get a little perspective and give others a break? Maybe, maybe not . . . .

shamanseeker
9th July 2014, 14:30
The important thing is to keep a sense of humour and laugh about things a lot :D

Although we should take care not to force these things on others, we shouldn't shut up altogether. The Cabal would love us to. I've been so surprised lately by the number of people, including my brothers, whose attitudes are changing really fast and they are agreeing with me.

BabaRa
9th July 2014, 17:31
Great thread Calabash.

I have found the following:

1) timing is everything. Be patient wait for the right moment.

2) don't give too much information at once.

3) meet people at their level, rather than trying to bring them up to your level

It's definitely a fine line, a skill I'm still learning. . . also, having the recognition that your path may not be their path. There are many spokes in the wheel, each starting from a different direction and yet each leading to the same place.

ronin
9th July 2014, 19:16
i prefer the old method of a bitch slap,shouting wake up can,t you see it,s all a illusion:eyebrows:.

Spiral
9th July 2014, 19:26
i prefer the old method of a bitch slap,shouting wake up can,t you see it,s all a illusion:eyebrows:.

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m508/VaguelyReticent/Emoticons/slaphead_zpsca3ed6c1.gif

ronin
9th July 2014, 21:46
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m508/VaguelyReticent/Emoticons/slaphead_zpsca3ed6c1.gif
sorry a kick up the ass will not go afoot!

Altaira
10th July 2014, 06:41
Great thread Calabash.

I have found the following:

1) timing is everything. Be patient wait for the right moment.

2) don't give too much information at once.

3) meet people at their level, rather than trying to bring them up to your level

It's definitely a fine line, a skill I'm still learning. . . also, having the recognition that your path may not be their path. There are many spokes in the wheel, each starting from a different direction and yet each leading to the same place.

I would say that all this is correct and just wanted to add that from my experience, when I find out that their path is completely different from mine, I just let them go their way. The time for their awakening cannot be accelerated forcefully. Sometimes I notice that spark in some people's eyes that says "Yes I knew there is something more about it but wasn't sure how to find out". Those people want to know and they are ready to hear they just needed a little nudge. I leave them to come back and ask questions then I know that person really searches and wants to know. If they don't they would either find out things for themselves which is the best way I think or they would think that they accept all this but right now they don't really have time for this. Those friends are worth keeping close as even if they don't realise they are finding out things unnoticeably.

Then there are other who think you are losing you sanity if you think different from the herd. They are starting to realising that despite they knew you well you are completely different person now and you don't have anything in common anymore. Then your paths just separate and you barely miss each other eventhough you might have been friends for ages. This happened to me on a few occasions but then I found new friends who are vibrating with the same frequency. This is it, people come and go and we need to learn not to attach to anyone because we walk our own path. Interfering without others' request is waste of creative energy.

Stoat muldoon
10th July 2014, 21:04
I use fact that cannot be disputed . And, ask questions to make them think and research it for themselves . I used to get angry, now I use smart .

ronin
10th July 2014, 22:55
tis true what Thomas says,and the hard part is even though you maybe going through the difficult time of waking up(don,t tell me any of you have found it easy)!
it is a hard path and although you can see through the conditioning and ego of other people,it is a frustrating place to be.
i,m not saying i am fully awake as yet but i know i have enough faith and spirituality in me to see and recoqnise those who are still asleep,so to speak.

on the alt media scene we have so many people spouting so many claims that it is easy to fall for anything that you want to believe in.
and they will take you for the ride that you want.

as we are seeing in so many threads across the alt forums is change is coming in whatever respect it comes in.
but go and try spouting it off to the people that you know in real life and there is no change in their life because they do not know or do not want to know.

you really have to know your stuff because if you believed in something and it is wrong then that,s it folks this guy is a nutcase.
although there maybe half truths in what you heard or read.

i learned the hard way but i know there are people out there who are spiritual and they need to open up.
i have met one person in real life who is going through a awakening and we can relate.although he is much further on than myself.
but in the process in our discussions we are helping other people who are open minded start their journey.

i have said this many times.

we are all on different rungs of the ladder helping each other.

shamanseeker
11th July 2014, 13:24
You can tell the ones who aren't ready and don't want to listen to what you're saying. When they get anxious or angry, just let it go but I've found they often come up with the subject later on and want to know more. People really are waking fast.

BabaRa
11th July 2014, 17:50
You can tell the ones who aren't ready and don't want to listen to what you're saying. When they get anxious or angry, just let it go but I've found they often come up with the subject later on and want to know more. People really are waking fast.

Agree.

And sometimes when I feel it's not happening fast enough, I remind myself what it was like in the 80's and 90's. You were hard pressed to find others to talk to about any of this, now there's information everywhere. Including misinformation, but even that pushes us towards opening up to other possibilities and makes us search further.

Moonlight
12th July 2014, 13:31
I do not feel the need to wake anybody else. That is none of my business. I have a hard enough time staying awake myself.

I learned that lesson during my "evangelical" years, bible thumping everyone around me. It never was something I was comfortable with, as I always "knew" that we all have our own paths. We all have a different purpose here. Some are here to shake people up, some are here to lend a hand , etc.

All and all, my job is to be who I Am always, to clean my **** up and shine. In my day to day interactions, I do not filter my words. Those that I am supposed to help will find me, as I find those who are supposed to help me.

"Us and them" is fading away.