PDA

View Full Version : The China Study

Calabash
2nd July 2014, 12:25
Although I haven’t been “ill” as such (note to self to define”ill”), until a couple of months ago I felt tired nearly all the time, suffered from bloating and sore puffy eyes – too much internet I thought – and general malaise. Coupled with comments like “well, you’re not getting any younger” (true) made me feel as though my current state of health was the best I could hope for. Besides, so many of my friends suffer from chronic and debilitating illnesses I thought I should just stfu and get on with it. I tried taking supplements, many of them very expensive, but nothing really changed.

However, after a chance reading of The China Study by T.Colin Campbell I decided to give a whole food plant based diet a try and even though it’s only been a couple of months and I still eat eggs, I feel like a totally different person. I’m no longer tired all the time yet lie awake half the night. I now feel alert, my eyes are no longer sore and sparkle with vitality and health. I’m no longer bloated and have started pumping iron again (and I don’t mean ironing shirts either :)) and exercising. The future definitely looks brighter from where I'm standing. I've also shed 5lbs of fat with no effort whatsoever.

Even our Illuminati chums are cottoning on :

Former US President Bill Clinton recently confirmed that he is indeed eating a mainly vegan diet. "I'm trying to be one of those experimenters," said Clinton. "Since 1986, several hundred people who have tried essentially a plant-based diet, not ingesting any cholesterol from any source, has seen their bodies start to heal themselves — break up the arterial blockage, break up the calcium deposits around the heart. 82 percent of the people who have done this have had this result, so I want to see if I can be one of them."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv9BGE0yADY

Here’s an excerpt from an article by T Colin Campbell:

"I doubt that few would disagree with the observation that nutrition is one of the most confusing words or concepts in the English language. What we choose to eat also is one of the most emotionally intense topics of human discourse, ranking up there with sex, religion and politics. Yet, properly practiced nutrition, as a dietary lifestyle, can do more to create health and save health care costs than all the contemporary medical interventions put together.
I know well this story. Having started a research and teaching career in nutrition over 50 years ago, I have seen the passion, the frivolity and the arrogance over and over and over when people talk about their food choices. This topic is very, very personal. It's sad because I do not see very much progress over these last four to five decades. Lots of shouting and not much constructive thought.
It is true that we have discovered a tremendous amount of information but this does not mean discovering what it all means. Indeed, our focus on details has created an enormous pile of contradictory observations--permitting too many people to construct ideas that please their palates and wallets more than educate their brains."

The rest of the article can be found at:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/t-colin-campbell/plant-based-diet_b_772521.html

The book "The China Study" was based on the following video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEuRMm-a6mo

Tonz
2nd July 2014, 13:51
i will eventually take heed Calabash as i can motivate well for change but often i loose constancy and eventually surcome to self defiance of my health. It really is easy to be healthy,but i admit i become a slaco and get back to where i am again in time, not getting any younger these days so i will have to follow though one day, thanks for this thread i will use it as another reminder.

shamanseeker
2nd July 2014, 13:57
Thanks Calabash - just what I need :) Take care, my friend!

Spiral
2nd July 2014, 14:15
Just ditching the carbs alone will make a massive difference if this diet sounds a bit harsh, I'm on a lean meat & veg diet, eat as much as I like & am losing over a pound a week (it would be more but I still have cheese & rye crackers on a night :blsh:)