PDA

View Full Version : The 4th Sexuality - Asexuality

Ria
17th June 2014, 08:11
I came across this by chance and thought the couple were lovely and helps dispel stereo typing

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yrXWqwuOqIQ

Uploaded on Apr 29, 2013We meet a young woman who is asexual - she has absolutely no desire to have sex. We also meet her boyfriend.... what does he have to say about it?

Sooz
17th June 2014, 08:37
Hi Ria,

Yes, I've read of this before. Most interesting interview.

I have mixed feelings about it. They are free to be themselves and I commend their confidence to tell their story. Who is to say their difference is abnormal.

Then I think, what has been put in the water and food supply? I mean, surely this goes against nature, does it not?

And thirdly, what is to be gained if this is an artificially induced scenario?

Population reduction? Just thinking out loud here.

Lovely couple anyway, I hope they have a beautiful future together.

Ria
17th June 2014, 11:07
I am just thinking, Pandas are not that keen on the jiggy jiggy it is one of there reasons for decreased population besides their food resource, it is mostly done by artificial insemination.
The big question; 'What is really nature and how much impact do we have on it'.
I have met a few asexual people, I was puzzled at first, but we have been brain washed to think sex is the be all and end all.
Also most controls are based in this zone, advertising, TPTB and so on.
The question for me, 'are there more being born say in the last fifty years?' has there always been a percentage on the planet at any given time? If there are now more on this planet is that by way of a counterbalance and possibly an incorruptible percentage .
:spinning:

Sooz
17th June 2014, 12:33
What if they go on to have a lovely marriage/togetherness/whatever...

...and they want children? There is a sticky point right there.

Do they do the surrogate thing because they don't have the desire to have sex with each other?

The more I think about it, the more it concerns me.:ok:

For humanity at large.

Ria
17th June 2014, 13:13
They may decide it appropriated for the one or two occasions if committed to having children to do the rumba.
You should study the amount of Virgin births that take place, now there's a mind benda for you.

There is always a turkey baster option.

shamanseeker
18th June 2014, 13:26
Sooz, your comments brought to mind how when I first came to Italy in 1983/4 and how men were really interested in women - not only in a sexual way or how English-speaking countries see it but just loved women in their entirety (obviously it wasn't a perfect society and there would have been women-haters as well but this was the general feeling). I went to work in London between 1987 and 1989. When I returned things had changed. OK, I was a little older but have always looked much younger than my age so don't think this was the reason but not only was everyone much, much taller but the men seemed much more indifferent where women were concerned. I often wonder what happened because although now the supermarket food is full of the additives, etc. that you find elsewhere, the food was still of a pretty high standard.

18th June 2014, 13:37
I wonder if this has anything to do with us messing with nature? Our technology and knowledge has allowed us to make babies with no intercourse and perhaps we're seeing that reflected in our populace?

It's worrying though. I know another species (they fly around in ships molesting cows and often people too) that favoured technology and knowledge over their souls and bodies and they (allegedly) evolved into gender-less, soul-less beings.

Worth a though maybe? :abduct:

Seikou-Kishi
18th June 2014, 17:00
It could have many different causes, and they're not all mutually exclusive. People could be more accustomed to living on planets without gender and because of that perhaps sex is incomprehensible to them, or else so confusing they just don't bother with it — especially the idea that gender means you forfeit any claim to being normal if you happen to be attracted outside gender boundaries which must seem pretty arbitrary.

Spiral
18th June 2014, 20:03
There have always been people who have no interest in a physical relationship, with some it was probably wrapped up with having a strong & obsessional drive that didn't have time for distractions, Nikola Tesla being a prime example, but this massive surge in such behaviour (or lack of it lol) seems to be tied in with people not maturing to the point that they do not really enter the teenage phase, look at the interests of the pair in the OP & the fads & trends in Japan where this has become a massive problem because they face a demographic disaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oI0n_cMeeo

shamanseeker
19th June 2014, 16:17
It could have many different causes, and they're not all mutually exclusive. People could be more accustomed to living on planets without gender and because of that perhaps sex is incomprehensible to them, or else so confusing they just don't bother with it — especially the idea that gender means you forfeit any claim to being normal if you happen to be attracted outside gender boundaries which must seem pretty arbitrary.

Just wanted to say that I'm not judging the situation and if people are starting not to find the 'opposite' sex or sex in general interesting, that's fine by me. What I was wondering about at the time, was the fact that the change took place during a 2-year period which is strange to my mind.