PDA

View Full Version : I See You Now

Fred Steeves
23rd September 2013, 18:47
How you will know who's on the up and up or not? Because they will tell you is how. For those times when even well honed discernment is not enough, just sitting back and observing will tell the rest of the tale. Whether the person in question is honest, dishonest, a troll, or an agent, they will eventually reveal exactly who they really are, whether they intend to or not. Observe a person or group enough and a body of work begins to emerge, like a wake in their path.

We all leave this wake behind us, and it's there for all to see. For those who *care* to see anyway. Some very simple questions will lead to very definitive answers:

Is the person consistent in what they say, vs. what they actually do? For instance, do they preach personal responsibility, but never actually take responsibility for their own words and actions?

Are they the same kind of person in both private and public? Do razor blades sometimes get wielded in pm's, that you would never see on the open forum?

Do they treat only certain people with a certain respect, or do they treat everyone with pretty much equal respect? If there are favored ones, then a pattern will develop just from whom those certain ones are.

Are they happy or nice only when being agreed with, or are they cool with fielding a tough question or two?

What do other people say who have known the person for a while? Once again note any emerging patterns, whether positive, negative, a bit of both, or whatever.

There are certainly many more simple questions who's observational answers would be quite telling, so these were just a few that jumped off the top of my head. There is a reason we have an intellect to compliment our heart intelligence, and we do well to use it accordingly.

So yes, people will eventually tell you just exactly who they are. Especially in this time when the masks are coming down, anything besides pure authenticity can, and will be revealed. Now add all this back into the mix with your heart knowing, and you will know. Regardless of what the results are, the moment will come when you can "look" at the person and say within: "I see you now".

Tell you what, I wouldn't want to be a fake whistle blower, a fake guru, a fake insider or anything of the sort, and have simple, clear thinking questions like these being observed of me...That would really suck! (LOL)

Cheers,

Fred

Altaira
23rd September 2013, 20:05
Very well put Fred.
There is a reason we have an intellect to compliment our heart intelligence, and we do well to use it accordingly. Sometimes I think yes this is true and then I am wondering isn't the intellect that feeds the Ego and puts so many obstacles on our path?

Blessings,

Rayna

Sooz
23rd September 2013, 22:01
Well put Mr Steeves.
Sooz

Chickadee
23rd September 2013, 22:56
This seems most fitting---> http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mgCLURcZUuw

lookbeyond
23rd September 2013, 23:08
As usual Fred, you have hit the nail right on the head,lb

Moonlight
23rd September 2013, 23:11
Bad judgment on my part. I'm sorry.

dianna
23rd September 2013, 23:12
How you will know who's on the up and up or not? Because they will tell you is how. For those times when even well honed discernment is not enough, just sitting back and observing will tell the rest of the tale. Whether the person in question is honest, dishonest, a troll, or an agent, they will eventually reveal exactly who they really are, whether they intend to or not. Observe a person or group enough and a body of work begins to emerge, like a wake in their path.

We all leave this wake behind us, and it's there for all to see. For those who *care* to see anyway. Some very simple questions will lead to very definitive answers:

Is the person consistent in what they say, vs. what they actually do? For instance, do they preach personal responsibility, but never actually take responsibility for their own words and actions?

Are they the same kind of person in both private and public? Do razor blades sometimes get wielded in pm's, that you would never see on the open forum?

Do they treat only certain people with a certain respect, or do they treat everyone with pretty much equal respect? If there are favored ones, then a pattern will develop just from whom those certain ones are.

Are they happy or nice only when being agreed with, or are they cool with fielding a tough question or two?

What do other people say who have known the person for a while? Once again note any emerging patterns, whether positive, negative, a bit of both, or whatever.

There are certainly many more simple questions who's observational answers would be quite telling, so these were just a few that jumped off the top of my head. There is a reason we have an intellect to compliment our heart intelligence, and we do well to use it accordingly.

So yes, people will eventually tell you just exactly who they are. Especially in this time when the masks are coming down, anything besides pure authenticity can, and will be revealed. Now add all this back into the mix with your heart knowing, and you will know. Regardless of what the results are, the moment will come when you can "look" at the person and say within: "I see you now".

Tell you what, I wouldn't want to be a fake whistle blower, a fake guru, a fake insider or anything of the sort, and have simple, clear thinking questions like these being observed of me...That would really suck! (LOL)

Cheers,

Fred

Welcome to Kali Yuga (age of revealing) LOL

Sooz
24th September 2013, 06:55
Hehe... or this one

http://youtu.be/mVQpfoqsY8Q

But I'm on the outside
And I'm looking in
I can see through you
See your true colors
'Cause inside you're ugly
You're ugly like me
I can see through you
See to the real you

I understand these lyrics and yet I don't. What's with the 'ugly' bit. Sorry, but I find that a bit insulting.

Or am I missing something?

Sooz

Tribe
24th September 2013, 07:28
I've always loved this song ,
Sooz I always interpreted " ugly " to mean , imperfect , with shadow, hiding issues, what we would call a bit messed up , Not all together as sorted as it would appear.
He put her up on a peddle stall as his saviour , saw her as someone he was not worthy of ? Until he saw the bigger picture?
No one is perfect !
Anyways moonlight thank you I haven't heard it for a long time , time to dig out my copy of the cd and reminisce lol x

Cearna
24th September 2013, 07:38
What about the movie Avatar, when they say "I see you", that gets to us every time we watch it, not to mention Awar, that wondrous tree where all can link into. This movie is still up there as our favourite. Not to mention the way it showcases, the greed, lust, money rules all, so you can tear apart and disrupt other people's wondrous home and turn to the almighty money bags, and with one fell swoop leave everything as dust behind you as a result of that tiny bit of metal worth so much to a people who have very little else.

Tribe
24th September 2013, 07:47
Mmm gorgeous move cearna , and yes that exposes a lot of truths and I think it unloosened some of the ties that bind too ;) x

Sooz
24th September 2013, 09:57
I still find it insulting however one wants to interpret it. If I was Fred I would find it insulting, yet perhaps Fred doesn't and it's all my perspective.

So be it.

Sorry, will keep my trap shut now. My mouth gets me into trouble, lol...

Fred Steeves
24th September 2013, 10:39
I still find it insulting however one wants to interpret it. If I was Fred I would find it insulting, yet perhaps Fred doesn't and it's all my perspective.

So be it.

Hi Sooz. I do appreciate your passion there, but really I found nothing there offensive what so ever. We all have "ugly" in us, that's why we're here in this realm, basically to deal with our own ancient built up s**t pile. The more unpleasant shadow type work we do in uncovering, and setting bits and pieces of our own "ugly" free, the more we can see the "ugly" in others, and have compassion for the monumental battles they are going through as well. Each in our own unique way, and each in our own good time.

We're all in this thing together, and we each have our ugly to tend to. Personally anyway, I really get off on seeing ugly set free, whether it's my own, or anyone else's.

Cheers,

Fred

Sooz
24th September 2013, 11:12
Hi Sooz. I do appreciate your passion there, but really I found nothing there offensive what so ever. We all have "ugly" in us, that's why we're here in this realm, basically to deal with our own ancient built up s**t pile. The more unpleasant shadow type work we do in uncovering, and setting bits and pieces of our own "ugly" free, the more we can see the "ugly" in others, and have compassion for the monumental battles they are going through as well. Each in our own unique way, and each in our own good time.

We're all in this thing together, and we each have our ugly to tend to. Personally anyway, I really get off on seeing ugly set free, whether it's my own, or anyone else's.

Cheers,

Fred

Even though I said I'd keep my trap shut, you all know I can't....:)

Well said Fred. You are much more evolved than I, by your comments.

That being said, sometimes delving into things opens up other avenues for contemplation.

For that I say thank you.

Sooz

24th September 2013, 11:22
Hiya Fred. A very thoughtful piece Brother thanks for sharing it. The true essance of a person can never stay hidden for better or for worse, it will always out eventually. The old saying that you give someone enough rope and they will hang themselves is particularly true in my view. Whether razor blades are drawn through pm or not is an irrelevance in the long run, only pertinent in the interim.

I feel it's also important to offset trends in behaviour against extremes in behaviour that perhaps shouldn't be forgotten but certainly forgiven. An outburst from someone who rarely vents is very easily forgiven but a regular venter (is that even a word?) will make a name for him/her self. That energetic chip is very hard to shake off one's shoulder once it's got a grip, and even harder to extract from the minds of others.

Fred Steeves
24th September 2013, 14:14
Very well put Fred. Sometimes I think yes this is true and then I am wondering isn't the intellect that feeds the Ego and puts so many obstacles on our path?

Blessings,

Rayna

Hi Rayna. Well, here's how I see that, it's yes and no. (LOL) I liken intellect to things such as fire, which can either warm our house, or burn our house to the ground. Majick would be another, it's neutral. It can be employed to go on an ego/power trip (of which there are severe consequences), or it can be employed for the betterment of all, and a wondrous exploration of our Universe and Ourselves.

One example of how the (correct) employment of intellect can prove quite useful, would be to take a long look at something like the ancient Hermetic teaching "as above so below, as below so above". This gem of a technique, if employed correctly, can be of tremendous assistance to one's spiritual quest of understanding. All we touch and see in life is a clue, and if we want to have an idea about what's going on in "heaven", then all we need to do is take a careful look around us. Practical in the extreme...

In chapter 8 of The Kybalion, "The Planes of Correspondence", here's what the Three Intiates had to say about it:

The ancient Hermetists considered this Principle as one of the most important mental instruments by which man was able to pry aside the obstacles which hid from view the Unknown. Its use even tore aside the Veil of Isis, to the extent that a glimpse of the face of the Goddess might be caught.

Cheers,

Fred

Melidae
24th September 2013, 15:17

For me, it starts with just a little 'niggling' feeling of 'wrong'. That's my cue to sit back and observe. It's not always easy to identify exactly what it is that is wrong...but once you 'see' it, you cannot 'unsee' it.

The question for me then becomes, what do I do about it? Let it go? Confront it? Walk away? I've done all three in different circumstances...keeping in mind the Serenity Prayer...

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference."

Zebowho
24th September 2013, 16:38
Exactly Fred! While we can never "really" know someone (IMHO and by that I mean know all there is to know about someone)...we can see them and ourselves if we only build that fire to warm, using your analogy of intellect with fire. ...and also taking the time to sit and honestly listen (read in the case of forums).

Intellect will feed an ego, if we let it. It can also allow us to reflect, in any situation, within ourselves and when we find a situation that is bringing any type of focus to our minds, that reflection can quite possibly reveal a lot, about me to me...if you will.

I know I don't always get things right, I'm only human and make mistakes and I certainly don't know everything but I try to remember with any situation, "what is this trying to teach me". A lot of humility and caged ego goes a long way, especially when being that proverbial fly on the wall! At least that's what I've found.

-z

Moonlight
24th September 2013, 23:08

So be it.

Oh my... It was never my intent to insult anyone with the posting of this song. Please forgive me. It just started playing in my head when I was reading the OP and decided to post it after seeing that another song had been posted. Never gave it another thought... how do you say ? My bad ?

"I see you", way before the Avatar movie, these words have had a very deep meaning to me, meaning that I am loved in all of my beauty and in all of my ugliness. As the saying goes, A friend is someone who knows everything about you and loves you just the same. As you can see, I can be ugly even when I'm not trying to be.

I am happy that Fred did not think I was being insulting to him. Fiou...

I am taking the song down, because if it was offensive to you (or any other that did not voice it), it does not belong here.

Namaste