PDA

View Full Version : the third eye

ronin
13th June 2014, 15:37
we have all heard of the third eye or the pineal gland.
has anyone actually managed to open it?
is it a part of your personal awakening?
here are two videos explaining the third eye......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zJF7-FtRDM#t=103

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDnBw7EXa3w

for myself meditation i often see many vibrant colors,faces ect and the experience is ongoing but it is usually nonsensical imagery.
this could lead to be imagination and doubt to if the third eye is opening.

Tribe
13th June 2014, 18:26
I had been told by a lovely lady quaker in a meeting once that she couldn't help but notice mine was open and that she hoped i didnt think it odd her telling me so ! , x

ronin
13th June 2014, 19:00
I had been told by a lovely lady quaker in a meeting once that she couldn't help but notice mine was open and that she hoped i didnt think it odd her telling me so ! , x

there is a difference between being told and actually experiencing it!yes!
people can tell you anything and you want to believe them!especially if it is good news.
mediums make a living out of the falseness they proclaim.

i have been told a few times that i am psychic,but i cannot see it myself!

i think one will know if their third eye opens .only when it doe,s many people do not want to share what they see!
not on a bad note,but because the rest of people may not understand and may label them.

so again we are held in secrecy because of fear of humiliation!

The One
13th June 2014, 19:10
i have been told a few times that i am psychic,but i cannot see it myself!

I have also been told i am a pain in the ass but i dont believe it myself

whoops :back to topic:

ronin
13th June 2014, 21:08
I have also been told i am a pain in the ass but i dont believe it myself

whoops :back to topic:

lmao needed that thanks:D

Tribe
13th June 2014, 21:29
there is a difference between being told and actually experiencing it!yes!
people can tell you anything and you want to believe them !

I didn't say I am not experiencing it !!! , just saying someone observed it ! :tea:

ronin
13th June 2014, 21:39
I didn't say I am not experiencing it !!! , just saying someone observed it ! :tea:

it don,t count when your bent over!!!!:whstl:

Seikou-Kishi
13th June 2014, 23:01
it don,t count when your bent over!!!!:whstl:

Surely that's when it's best?

sandy
14th June 2014, 04:33
Well some might say you have a sh**ty view on life when your bent over :)

Cearna
15th June 2014, 03:24
we have all heard of the third eye or the pineal gland.
has anyone actually managed to open it?
is it a part of your personal awakening?

for myself meditation i often see many vibrant colours,faces etc and the experience is ongoing but it is usually nonsensical imagery.
this could lead to be imagination and doubt to if the third eye is opening.

At the beginning of my awakening, I went to a hypnotist quite a few times and each time, once he put me under I would find that with my eyes closed, I was seeing everything in the room in clear detail in colour, and it worried me that I shouldn't be able to see anything at all because they were shut, so I would then try to make really sure they were tightly closed, and same thing happened - I found it really pesky, because I was paying more attention to that than to the hypnotist. Whether I was really under is open to question, since I heard every word he said and remembered it later on, so post hypnotic suggestion wasn't really working for me.

Later on, at a 7 day work shop on rebirthing and during other earlier rebirths same thing kept happening, either inside a room or outside. I think it remained pesky to me which is why I now see so seldom. It took me some time to find out that it was my third eye opening.

I just think you are on your way to this happening and this is the way you are letting it happen so it won't be too hard on you. The main thing is to relax and enjoy, not worry about it as I did. Often the advice I get from those Above is that I am afraid that what I will see could be so terrible that I am happier not to see it. It doesn't have to be that way though.

Seikou-Kishi
15th June 2014, 05:51
Whether or not you were under will always be open to question, Cearna, but you would have been able to hear him perfectly if you were under. It is commonly assumed that those in a hypnotic state are less aware than normal, but it's actually the other way around: if anything, you'd be more aware.

From what you've said, my guess would be that you were indeed under. A lot of people find it very hard to accept that they are or have been in such a state. When I come across somebody like that, who is always "testing" the trance to see if it's real, I just tell them "well, let's leave that question until later and for now, we'll just pretend that you are." and invariably it works because they are in a trance. That kind of am-I-aren't-I questioning keeps the conscious mind in play and can actually stop a trance occurring, so telling them to pretend they are actually puts them in the trance if they weren't already. It's a pretty win-win technique to use.

Cearna
15th June 2014, 07:36
Whether or not you were under will always be open to question, Cearna, but you would have been able to hear him perfectly if you were under. It is commonly assumed that those in a hypnotic state are less aware than normal, but it's actually the other way around: if anything, you'd be more aware.

From what you've said, my guess would be that you were indeed under. A lot of people find it very hard to accept that they are or have been in such a state. When I come across somebody like that, who is always "testing" the trance to see if it's real, I just tell them "well, let's leave that question until later and for now, we'll just pretend that you are." and invariably it works because they are in a trance. That kind of am-I-aren't-I questioning keeps the conscious mind in play and can actually stop a trance occurring, so telling them to pretend they are actually puts them in the trance if they weren't already. It's a pretty win-win technique to use.

Thanks, heaps SK - I wasn't trying to test whether or not I was in the trance or not, I accepted at the time that I was, although I found it very difficult because he would tell me to visualise something, and I do not visualise. I even now cannot bring traffic lights to my vision, which is something most can do, if I am asked to visualise something, I have to tell myself, "I am now seeing whatever it is, or think of what it is, because I see no pictures, that is why seeing the whole room whilst my eyes were very tightly closed was so off putting to me, I could see every movement the man made, whilst in this. It was just that seeing the room was taking my mind away from being able to think the things he was asking me to visualise.

I went to another hypnotist later on with an experiment. In a massage, I told myself I could paint and play the flute, so I wanted to see if I could. I thought that under hypnosis, I would lose the inhibitions to attempt to do both. The hypnotist mostly worked with art therapy, so she was willing to give it a go. She took me under, then when I felt prepared I got up to start the painting - oil on canvas which I had never done in my life. I heard instructions in my head on how to use the oil paints and mix the colours, once any one colour was mixed I just let my hand do its own thing, as each colour was completed I mixed the next colour and put that where it was supposed to go. When completed it was an abstract of a Tahitian Paradise garden. After that, I picked up the wooden flute I had bought for five dollars and began to play it. At the end of it I told it it was the Tibetan song of the wind and it certainly had that sound about it - I had never played the flute before.

It was only many years later when I questioned if I was under or not, but not at the time I was fine about it then. At other times in a trance, it was a different situation, I felt deeply under, still able to hear what was being asked of me, but my answers were coming from somewhere very far away, and the people could hardly hear me. These were trances not with a hypnotist, but in rebirthing or massage or something of that ilk. In those times I had all kinds of information available to me, about ET lives as well, the problem was being able to hear my answers. When you hear yourself saying that you fixed your shace ship up yourself, when you are on an uninhabited planet, by the simple means of changing matter - then it is a bit of a mind bender.

By the way I keep wondering how it is that you join us in the daylight hours? Often when there are very few logged on, with the Ozzies, there you are.

Sooz
15th June 2014, 07:47
Interesting Cearna! I have often wondered at my latent ability to create visual art. I feel there is something inside me wanting to get out in a visual way.

Funnily enough I have always worked in the visual realm but on the business side, not as the creative. I always felt the affinity with the artist to sell their artworks.

Maybe I should just buy a canvas and paints and give it a whirl. Mind you, I am someone who can only draw stick figures - I am more an abstract person, colour, texture and shapes.

Ha ha, I've also wondered about Mr Sushi's nocturnal hours up there in the northern hemisphere.

ronin
15th June 2014, 12:30
i do remember as a child twice waking up on the couch.
i would be coming out of sleep and could hear the tv on and i would be looking around with my eyes closed.
only thing was everything seemed distorted.the room,the tv,it did seem very surreal.
this happened twice and i just thought it was a dream but the impression has always stayed with me.
looking around with your eyes closed is a weird experience,but thanks for the confirmation.:hug:

Seikou-Kishi
15th June 2014, 15:11
Thanks, heaps SK - I wasn't trying to test whether or not I was in the trance or not, I accepted at the time that I was, although I found it very difficult because he would tell me to visualise something, and I do not visualise. I even now cannot bring traffic lights to my vision, which is something most can do, if I am asked to visualise something, I have to tell myself, "I am now seeing whatever it is, or think of what it is, because I see no pictures, that is why seeing the whole room whilst my eyes were very tightly closed was so off putting to me, I could see every movement the man made, whilst in this. It was just that seeing the room was taking my mind away from being able to think the things he was asking me to visualise.

I went to another hypnotist later on with an experiment. In a massage, I told myself I could paint and play the flute, so I wanted to see if I could. I thought that under hypnosis, I would lose the inhibitions to attempt to do both. The hypnotist mostly worked with art therapy, so she was willing to give it a go. She took me under, then when I felt prepared I got up to start the painting - oil on canvas which I had never done in my life. I heard instructions in my head on how to use the oil paints and mix the colours, once any one colour was mixed I just let my hand do its own thing, as each colour was completed I mixed the next colour and put that where it was supposed to go. When completed it was an abstract of a Tahitian Paradise garden. After that, I picked up the wooden flute I had bought for five dollars and began to play it. At the end of it I told it it was the Tibetan song of the wind and it certainly had that sound about it - I had never played the flute before.

It was only many years later when I questioned if I was under or not, but not at the time I was fine about it then. At other times in a trance, it was a different situation, I felt deeply under, still able to hear what was being asked of me, but my answers were coming from somewhere very far away, and the people could hardly hear me. These were trances not with a hypnotist, but in rebirthing or massage or something of that ilk. In those times I had all kinds of information available to me, about ET lives as well, the problem was being able to hear my answers. When you hear yourself saying that you fixed your shace ship up yourself, when you are on an uninhabited planet, by the simple means of changing matter - then it is a bit of a mind bender.

By the way I keep wondering how it is that you join us in the daylight hours? Often when there are very few logged on, with the Ozzies, there you are.

Hi Cearna

It seems you have seen some of the power of hypnosis. One of my great passions is demonstrating how powerful the subconscious is and therefore how powerful a tool hypnosis is. You will often find people who will say "oh, hypnosis can't do x" and they'll be right — but only for them and their clients. A hypnotist or hypnotherapist limits the power of hypnosis with his or her own doubts. Get rid of the doubts and the only obstacle dissolves. I once dealt with a woman who had come to me hoping that hypnosis could straighten her hair. She was of African descent and hated her tightly-curled hair. She came to me because she'd seen the results her friend and I had achieved on a topic for which hypnosis supposedly has no benefit. So she came to me with what she thought was a pointless case. So in the preliminary session (explaining hypnosis, what will happen, what won't happen, and so on) I posed her a question: if, in trying to get her subconscious to a place that will straighten her hair, we should happen to come across the reason why she dislikes African hair, would she be alright if we decided to remove that problem. She said yes, and that really all she wanted was to stop feeling such self-hatred for her looks. It was such a saddening case for me, to think that somebody had lived in that way for so long.

So I took her under and went straight for the problem. She felt that African hair wasn't beautiful and she wanted her hair hypnotically straightened because of that. I told her subconscious mind that it was mistaken to believe her hair wasn't beautiful and that everyone and everything that had ever made her feel that way was wrong. When she "woke up" (i.e., left her state... people don't actually sleep so "wake" is a misnomer), she couldn't remember any of what we'd done and that often happens. When I hypnotise somebody, I leave them with a suggestion that they won't immediately remember anything that would cause them pain, but that the memories will resurface as soon as the person is capable of accepting them. She looked in the mirror and said, and I have never forgotten it, "Oh my god. My hair is beautiful. I am beautiful. I love myself." Hypnosis is powerful, but the medicine we need is not always the medicine we ask for. (To get even stranger, a person can go to a hypnotist expecting to deal with one problem for that problem to be completely ignored and another presented once in trance. The subconscious mind will give somebody an urge to see a hypnotist when it has a problem that needs to be addressed. The conscious mind will fill in the details about "what" problem is to be dealt with. Once the real problem is dealt with, the person usually decides they never really cared about what they'd gone for anyway. It's an awesome thing to witness)

The problem you identify is spot on and very common. You might have heard of talk of "visual learners" who learn by observation and "kinesthetic learners" who learn by doing, and so on. It is not just learning but thought generally that falls into these patterns. For those who are not visual thinkers, the phrase "visualise" is often more trouble than use: if they can't visualise, they get stuck at that point and subsequent instructions get lost. The solution is as easy as replacing "visualise" with "imagine", because although it too refers to an image, semantically it doesn't mean "see in your head" — except to visual people, who see what they imagine in their heads automatically. For those who aren't visual thinkers, when they are told to "imagine" something, they just do as they have always imagined and no trouble is caused. To give a clear example of the difference, the instruction "imagine it's Tuesday" is a sensible thought and somebody hearing that instruction could do it. If somebody is told to "visualise Tuesday" it's pointless because Tuesday can't ordinarily be seen. If you work in an office on Tuesdays, you can visualise being in your office, but that's not Tuesday.

As for how I am often on with Australia — I am a night person. I require very little sleep. I take three or four hours every three, four or five days. My body has adaptations to the point where that amount of sleep is plenty; I do not have insomnia or suffer from lack of sleep. I can often get on more towards that time of day because most people are night-sleepers and so I finally get a bit of time to myself at that time of the day, normally being run ragged all day :D. The curse of competence, lol! When I do sleep, it is during the day because even if I were very tired, darkness keeps me awake. I don't get on well with sunlight (even English sunlight lol), either, so even if I could sleep during the night, I'd take my down time during the day to get it out of the way lol. Lol, I tell you, it's harder than you'd think to get a parasol that isn't made of lace lol. That might suit me if I were some damsel from a Jane Austen novel :D — to give you an idea, I once got sunburnt in a British winter lol. I am energetically sensitive and I find the sun is too "brash" or "loud". That's the only way I can describe it.

In any case, I often log in and bugger off somewhere and leave myself logged in lol. I'll often go login in and open every interesting-sounding topic in a new window (scrolling down the recent activity sidebar) and then I'll get called away to do something and I'll occasionally think if somebody's watching my activity, they must see me sitting on the same page for absolutely ages and then I laugh at the thought of Malcolm or the mods thinking I'm just a painfully slow reader lol :D

ronin
15th June 2014, 15:34
SK you ever regressed anyone!
as in past lives or pre birth!

i was gonna mention something on visualization earlier in a post but was unsure how to incorporate it .
often when someone mention something i can visualize it.it can be one word or a sentence and i see images.
i posted the Kevin Annet on a thread earlier and after listening to his you tube video,it did leave me with a headache.
as he was talking i could visualize the horrors of what he was explaining.
maybe that is why certain topics i try to avoid,maybe too sensitive or have built a brick wall and try to dissociate from certain topics.
i don,t know.
or is it just empathy,or a fear of triggering.

just trying to explain this hurts my head.

the third eye,feelings,emotion,sensitivity are not always a good thing to have.
you sense peoples intent,you see through people falseness,you know things without knowing how or why.
you cannot understand or even comprehend your knowing and it turns you into a estranged recluse.
often many people become addicts to try and stop their sensitivity and knowing.
why because we have not been taught about how to deal with this or you or seen as having a mental illness or delusional.

put a room full of people who are sensitive in a room and see what happens.
put one in a environment in the everyday world and you will see they cannot handle their peers.
too much information,too much negative energy that surrounds them.

Seikou-Kishi
15th June 2014, 17:11
I have. I've done both past life regression and future life progression. I've seen some boring-as-hell lives and some really interesting ones :-)

ronin
15th June 2014, 21:38
I have. I've done both past life regression and future life progression. I've seen some boring-as-hell lives and some really interesting ones :-)

care to share any of those experiences!

Seikou-Kishi
16th June 2014, 00:03
care to share any of those experiences!

I regressed one person and the method I used was to have them imagine they were standing in a corridor and that corridor was just one door after another as far as the eye could see on both sides. I said that one door would be slightly ajar and that was a life with a significant message or a lesson to learn that would help this present life unfold in a healthy and beneficial way without losing any of the benefit of any lessons she was supposed to learn. Anyway, she found a door that was ajar and opened it and found a scene of a past life and she walked into it. The life was utterly boring. The previous life was a life in which nothing happened. There was no drama, no pain, no disharmony or suffering. She got married to a man she only liked and who only liked her, but they had a pleasant life or at least one without unpleasantness. Their wedding was meager even by her own standards, but she didn't mind. The prior incarnation worked in a menial job — the same one for the entire working life — and died peacefully surrounded by a few friends and family. The family wasn't large, neither was the social circle, but it was "enough". That's what this life was about, "enough". When she came back round she told me she was disappointed with that life because nothing interesting happened. It turned out that she'd got it into her head in this life that life was supposed to be hard, that there was deep meaning in trials and tribulation. The reason this life was chosen was to show that a good and happy if somewhat banal life can have its own meaning. The meaning of that life and the reason her subconscious picked it was to tell her conscious mind that you don't have to be switched on all the time. Sometimes you can go via the B roads and just enjoy the scenery. People make things hard for themselves thinking if it's not hard, they're missing something. That small lesson from that boring little life is a lesson a lot of people could do with learning.

That life was supposed to teach the present life the benefit of taking a more sedate place, but the present life of demanding hardship and tribulation was no more real: it was a future life for that life and it was used to teach the humdrum woman about the importance of finding meaning. In one regression, the past learned from its future and the present learned from the past, and both extremes were smoothed out in one go like an electron and a positron annihilating each other. Don't suppose that your life is all about learning. Learning is one half of a relationship, and you might be both halves at the same time.

After that first life, she thought she must never have had an interesting life if that was the best her subconscious could drag up. The second life of hers was as an alien on another planet or it could have been this planet in a different dimension, or a different time... or any combination I guess. Her subconscious didn't know off hand and curtly declared it didn't matter. The only meaning from that life was the world is full of everything you could possibly imagine. Another meaning, given by both lives, was that what has happened is happening and what will happen is also happening. It's all happening now. Past life regression and future life progression aren't tricks like walking into a cinema after hours and seeing what you can find, they work because that life on another planet and that life as the convivial but dull-as-dishwater washerwoman are happening right now, and they're actually happening right here too. Ah, but doesn't that bend our little heads? They could do with some bending!

Cearna
16th June 2014, 05:20
Ronin, thank you for this interesting thread, we may be deviating a tad, but the essence of you question is of great importance to the many who suddenly find there is more to ourselves than we have ever been allowed to admit before. Yet until you begin to experience this unending source of all that you are and all that is available to become it is in the realms of those who experience must be nut case jobs, but for the person becoming the experiencer, it is all too real and all too difficult to cast aside as a simple case of nonsense.

SK thank you for your insights. Many are the different kinds of exercises we went through during our 13 week course learning to become a Rebirther. One of these was to sit in two lines opposite some one else. A tape was played, with a person speaking about 5 minutes, using a good description of different things. As we sat we had to note where the person opposite placed their eyes - either upwards, to the sides or downwards, in response to the tape. From this we intimated whether a person learnt by seeing, hearing or feeling, for sight the eyes went up wards to see what your imagination saw, the eyes going from side to side were the who preferred to listen or hear, and downwards was towards the stomach area, which my Reiki Master called the emotional radio, or your feelings. Of course in some the eyes darted from one place to another and these people were the ones who used two or three of the senses, the first one you went to was the one you you uses primarily. In myself, it went to sight first, then hearing then feeling, so I had chosen to see first, because it was in my own, say so, that in other lives I could easily see, but could not so easily hear or feel and decided at some stage to learn to use the other two senses so I would be more proficient in these, however, I still prefer to learn by using sight and hearing together. we were taught to watch for these because in essence we needed to appeal to the preferred method of learning in our work.

Now Rebirthing is a method of using the breath in order to reach the most relevant memory associated with your own behaviour and thought patterns. The breath used is somewhat faster than ordinary breathing with no breaks in between, and has to be kept going throughout the Rebirth, which can in fact take quite a while. This breathing mostly takes place on a flat plane of existence (a mat,but can also be done in a hot tub or a swimming pool of cold water). As the breath is circulating the body, it reaches an intensity too fast for the mind to overcome, and that is when some cathartic experience takes place, as it necessarily meets no resistance to the invasion of body, mind and spirit. This is all it takes to over come sensory stimulation of innocence of mind, to act upon the feelings which most have, but are so shattering to yourself that you place them in a part of yourself where you really do not want to go to. Once you reach those feeling the memory of when this first happened in your life is available to you. The rebirther takes you through this and helps you to overcome the need to hold on to that feeling and memory, mostly by explaining to you, that this happened to you when very little and you had not known what was going on at the amongst all the people who were involved. You are encouraged to look at the same situation, from the point of view of the adult you are now and asked to in fact tell yourself you no longer need to believe that the same story you told yourself at the time, does not need to replay itself to you any more. Once seen in this light healing can be complete, although the feelings towards your mother can be very difficult to get rid of with some.

I told myself at some time that I knew how to do regressions, so my friend and I embarked on many of these. Being more inclined towards the use of energy I would in fact lie the person down, then do a cleaning and clearing of the spirit till they felt in a state of quiet and bliss. I would ask that the body had something it wished to tell the person at this moment that was applicable to their own needs of the moment. I asked the person to raise their hand and let their index finger go to the spot on the body which would tell them the story they needed to know - this linked to past and present, not the future, since those memories are still to come onto the body. When the spot was pointed out, I would then knead that spot gently in a circular motion until without notice the area would suddenly become a lump, I would not stop the circular motion , but instead made firmer strokes, till the person began to realised a memory (somewhat garbled at first) but becoming very clear, evolves. Its like a rotary clothesline action, until the mind becomes numb to the feelings involved, which is the opposite to rebirthing, and in fact tells you what you need to know right now. With astute questioning it is possible to obtain your own wisdom and how it applies to you in the now. I found this wonderful from the point of view that you hear yourself (or see) your own wisdom and how to apply it - so in effect these all boil down to different method (not forgetting hypnosis) for they all reach the same end.

In many seminars people use meditation to the same ends and so does bio-energetics which uses distinct exercises to bring the feelings forward. Yep mind bending indeed, these all changed changed my life and the resulting me was not the same person who began trying to find their way.

16th June 2014, 11:02
i do remember as a child twice waking up on the couch.
i would be coming out of sleep and could hear the tv on and i would be looking around with my eyes closed.
only thing was everything seemed distorted.the room,the tv,it did seem very surreal.
this happened twice and i just thought it was a dream but the impression has always stayed with me.
looking around with your eyes closed is a weird experience,but thanks for the confirmation.:hug:

It is isn't it? The opportunity to look around with eyes shut is something that has only arrived in my life within the last 18 months ish. It is quite an odd experience at first and my programmed brain did everything it could to try and explain it away as impossible. It was at this juncture that I decided to prove my brain wrong and my third eye right by asking one of my sons to place random items in the bedroom after i'd got into bed, while staying away in a room that wasn't etched on my memory (unlike one's own bedroom). I found it fairly easy to identify a book and an action figure despite pitch blackness. I'm not yet at the stage where I could read a book title in pitch blackness but principally this should be possible.