PDA

View Full Version : What is the basic purpose of religion

The One
13th June 2014, 10:54
Religion is designed to focus the people's attention and energy on a single, unchanging, uncompromising and invisible supreme being who allegedly created an inferior human race just for some extra companionship and love for himself and then supposedly foisted a set of oppressive and in some cases arbitrary rules on them, which if broken would be met with unimaginable punishment.

This keeps the followers in a continuing state of fear and compliance.

They are afraid to question the intentions of this invisible being and they are afraid of even expressing their own individuality in many cases. Christians and others are taught that they have virtually no power to do anything except pray, worship and do good deeds.

They are taught to practice self denial and are told that their own will is totally irrelevant. Religious followers believe that they are yielding their will over to a benevolent cosmic individual who has single-handedly created the whole universe and has their best interests at heart when in fact they are handing over their will and freedoms to hidden groups of religious elites for the elites own personal gains.

It appears that religion must constantly degrade and humiliate its followers in order to glorify and elevate its god. Unfortunately many people appear eager to give away their power to authority and seem to have a need and even a desire to be ruled and disciplined by it.

Worshipping gods is futile and is nothing more than an ancient primitive custom practiced by weak minded and superstitious people. It has no place in the 21st century. The reason we have life in this world is to experience life in this world, not to spend our entire lives studying an old book, looking up to the sky and worshipping an invisible ruler in another realm.

The main method by which Christians in particular are trapped and deceived is with the messiah or saviour story. This is linked to the 'original sin' story which is designed to impose a large amount of guilt onto the whole of humanity. The believers are then so grateful that they have been saved by the son of God nearly 2000 years before they were born that in some cases they abandon all reason, logic and good judgment to obey and worship this god and his son.

Anyone who believes this story is indeed lost because to believe that a god would send his only son to help us, only to see his son get tortured and murdered, and then instead of unleashing all his wrath, simply absolve us from all crimes past and present, is pure madness to say the least.

Where is the lesson for us in that? What has been achieved? There is no lesson or purpose because it's all about mass psychological enslavement and disempowerment.

The so called god that we are expected to worship is undoubtedly just a dictator strawman concocted by the religious elites for the purpose of controlling the masses.

If there is a prime creator in this universe then it is unlikely that he would interfere and impose on us by foisting his arbitrary laws, let alone need and demand our frivolous worship and blind obedience. Neither of those things requires any level of mental aptitude or creativity. The intelligence and skills that's been given to many has gone totally to waste.

Many have lowered themselves to the pointless practice of hero worship.

Furthermore, Christianity, Islam and a few other religions are polarized religions. They are polarized against each other. One is believed to be good and the other is seen as bad. The funny thing is, is that each one thinks that their's is good and the other's is bad. In most ways they're both bad. The only good kind of religion is a neutral and all loving one.

Polarized religions have been devised by influential elite leaders to play the people off against each other. That way the elite can defeat and enslave the population practically without lifting a finger.

Religion is like a drug to some. And they need a 2000 year old hero to save them - from themselves that is!

The churches don't permit their followers to have any real truth and knowledge because that would empower the people too much so they spoon feed them kiddie stories, half truths, distortions and even lies and the followers value it highly even though they must spend the rest of their lives just making sense of it.

The irony is that religion is pretty much man made, so mankind has really brought this onto themselves.

The religious elites are not totally to blame because many people actually enjoy listening to mystical sounding stories, performing rituals, customs and traditions, playing polarity roles and dramas and waging battles against what they perceive to be a devil boogie man. They also have a secret fetish to be dominated and ruled with an iron fist by a supreme ruler or king.

After all these centuries people still haven't learned to take back their power and start taking responsibility for themselves.This word also irritates me SIN

Sin is a word made up by religion to define a transgression or disobedience against its god's laws.

Many Christians point out that the word's exact translation means 'miss the mark', which wouldn't make any sense because the bible also says that the price of sin is death. Why would a creator torture and kill its creations just for missing the mark?

Sin is not inherently evil. It's just the inadvertent breaking of one or more of a particular deity's rules.

Religious people believe that the force that created us is an individual who has human-like feelings that can be hurt by the things we say, do or even think while we're in this physical world. They don't realize that only egos can be offended. Obviously the Christian god has an ego and an enormous one at that.

Believers believe that early man managed to somehow figure out exactly what this deity's likes, dislikes and will are through some visions, dreams and disembodied voices, and they believe that if we don't do exactly what he wants then he waits until we're dead and then he severely punishes us for putting a dent in his precious plans to gain some extra love and companionship for himself. It seems that this god is rather selfish as well as egotistical.

Why does a wonderful and omnipotent creator need extra love and companionship all of a sudden after being happy for eons and eons? Why if he has so much time on his hands did he feel he had to whip up the world in just six days? Why not instead make it all develop naturally and at its own pace? What was the big hurry? Because all of his angels abandoned him maybe?

That would be no surprise.

A deity who can only get people to love him by making them really dumb (putting them into human form) cannot be a wonderful deity in anyone's language, and a deity who can only forgive people by having his only son brutally mutilated and murdered, not to mention making billions of ordinary humans suffer and die over thousands of years, can only be described as profoundly psychotic and deranged.

And Christians are so indoctrinated that they believe that this is love just because the bible says it is. Anyone who can still think clearly can plainly see that Christianity is totally insane and that the Christian god strawman is himself the very definition of sin.

Humans are not sinners. Humans break divine laws for the same reason they break state laws. They are stressed - they're in a hurry - they don't think that the law applies to them. In the case of divine laws they usually do it out of stupidity, ignorance or adventurousness. This is human nature. Why should humans be prosecuted just for being human? We are a young race and we are young at heart. That's the way we were created. We learn through our mistakes but if we're constantly threatened with punishment then all we learn is how to be good slaves.

Sin is one of the things that will get a Christian/Muslim into hell. Getting into hell requires little effort other than doing something different to what your religion/deity has told you to do.

There are basically two things that will get you into hell.
1.- Choosing to believe or do other than what your church/bible/koran has told you to believe or do (in other words thinking for yourself)
2.- Not accepting your God's son as your saviour (Christianity)
Any decent, well intentioned, intelligent, free thinking, independent and self responsible individual can easily end up in hell without any problem.

Going to heaven is easy too but in a different way. You don't have to do much to go to heaven, only three things.
1.- Accept Jesus as your savior (Christianity)
2.- Be very obedient
3.- Believe everything you're told by your church/bible
It requires little intelligent thought. Basically you just have to train yourself to be as obedient as a trained dog. It doesn't require very many specific acts of good will either.

According to religious leaders the most valuable human qualities considered by God are total faith and belief, unquestioning obedience, and fear of authority and the unseen. Most other human qualities are apparently relatively useless to God. It's a funny coincidence that those were the very same qualities that were also much liked by those who used and traded slaves in the Middle East around 2000 years ago when the scriptures were written.

We are told that God gives us total unconditional love and yet he continues to place huge conditions on us and our future. It doesn't sound much like unconditional love at all. It sounds more like a former middle eastern dictator.

At least 'you know who' didn't make you burn and suffer for eternity.

At least some of the younger generation are waking up.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10341410_10152265973493842_8496037282625861705_n.j pg

Cheers

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/biblianazar/esp_biblianazar_18.htm

KosmicKat
13th June 2014, 12:00
One of the most important things I have learned is that Truth (with a capital T) cannot be written down, cannot be found in a book, and is not, I emphasize not, given to me by another human being.

The sources that most followers of any given religion like to point to can help direct you toward Truth, but the bottom line is that it is already waiting for you to discover it. Don't try to follow my truth. Don't try to believe my book. Find the Truth that is your own.

Sooz
13th June 2014, 12:41
I would like it if things could be more transparent here. My post was deleted upon asking what the source was for the original article.

Why would that comment be airbrushed out of existence? :scrhd:

Seikou-Kishi
13th June 2014, 12:50
Lol, it's easy to get into heaven? Somebody hasn't read the bible lol. It's not even hard; it's impossible. I remember a game I played when I was younger. A character offered to sell the player a mysterious item for £1, 000, 000, but the amount of money you could have was capped at £999, 999. It's the same deal with getting into heaven lol.

Thank **** for that anyway. Heaven is insipid lol.

The One
13th June 2014, 13:31
I would like it if things could be more transparent here. My post was deleted upon asking what the source was for the original article.

Why would that comment be airbrushed out of existence? :scrhd:

I forgot to add the link that was it.All you asked in your post was can i provide a link to source which i did.So i thought by doing that i would start the thread from fresh.

Thats it

Cheers

Sooz
13th June 2014, 14:17
This is truth forum.

Always remember this.

ronin
13th June 2014, 15:50
the ironic thing is that some people who are not religious still get married in a church or have their children christened .i know a few.
so does this tell us that the imprinting of religion is so deep that people will still go to a church and be married by a priest.
it really does surprise me that with all the scandals within the Vatican and what is coming out that people still support that faith.
are they to scared to look within themselves and have to give their energy away to make them feel more comfortable and closer to god.

when i was about ten a fifteen year old girl had just converted to the catholic faith.she asked me to convert(from what as i was not religious).to be closer to god!
i thought if there was a god would he not love everything.
she obviously bought into the robes,candles,hymns and all the glitz that goes with it.

it really is one big money making racket that diverts you from finding your true self by giving your energy over.

Wolf Khan
14th June 2014, 01:49
Religion is just illuminatti control. There is no truth to christianity, Islam, The torah or any other cabal religion.

Calz
14th June 2014, 08:53
Short version (why waste words?) ... divide and conquer ... the taste of Loosh in the morning ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRp7tYWnJJs

samos
14th June 2014, 17:14
LOL, come on Malc...tell us how you really feel ! I wonder how many will want to worship ET, once they arrive? ....ughh, can you imagine?