PDA

View Full Version : Tree hugging is good for you !

Tribe
4th June 2014, 12:57
the author Matthew Silverstone, has provesd scientifically that trees improve many health issues such as; mental illnesses, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), concentration levels, reaction times, depression and the ability to alleviate headaches.

Countless studies have shown that children show significant psychological and physiological effects in terms of their health and well-being when they interact with plants. They demonstrate that children function better cognitively and emotionally in green environments and have more creative play in green areas.

A large public health report that investigated the association between green spaces and mental health concluded that “access to nature can significantly contribute to our mental capital and wellbeing”.

One report concluded with the following: “safe, green spaces may be as effective as prescription drugs in treating some forms of mental illnesses”.

Source : http://planetsave.com/2011/07/22/tree-hugging-scientifically-proven-to-improve-your-health/

This is no news to many but I thought it was good news as it will give credit to the value of trees to those who are not aware , and maybe we can protect them more if it becomes mainstream practise for many .

shamanseeker
5th June 2014, 14:43
You just have to hug one and you can feel it :)

5th June 2014, 18:21

Yes yes yes my friend:) they are beautiful beings with an amazingly astute, ancient knowledge even in a young sapling. In my experience they are open to all who embrace them with no judgement. And yes......they speak.

:swing:

KosmicKat
6th June 2014, 11:30
Anyone who lives in, or near woodland can attest to the truth of this.

Mark
6th June 2014, 13:00
Walking in the woods, as I did today in fact, is the only 100% proven remedy for all my spiritual and psychological maladies and even some of my physical one too, simply put, they heal us on many levels, I LOVE TREES!!!!!

shamanseeker
6th June 2014, 15:53
Me too! They are as the indiginous peoples say 'Sacred'!

Tonz
7th June 2014, 13:38
many a time in a still moment in the forests no matter where i have been,you can just use your stillness to blend with the stillness with the immediate Forrest surrounding you and at the moment you blend in its moment ,then you can converse .magical some may say, but it is simply stillness that is the bonding, like telepathy in the stillness we can communicate .
hugging trees helps to connect to that stillness moment ,that is really the moment of the tree.

Tribe
7th June 2014, 19:02
I recently changed my bedroom set up , i moved the bed near the window , the view is beautiful it is a veiw of rolling hills , sheep and trees a little further to the right i can see horses , but the best bit is a giant of a tree 10 feet away and i can feel it . So when i am stuck im bed which i often am due to poor health i simply get lost in its anchient energy and feel bliss :)

Calz
8th June 2014, 07:30

I have ... and I did ...

I have a special "power spot" with a tree that surrendered a piece of its bark when last I hugged it.

Very cool place actually ... surrounded by other trees and bushes ... kind of a secret place if you will.

FWIW me thinks these are the type of things we need to pay attention to very closely in the days going forward.

... as opposed to what ... lame stream media???

JJC
8th June 2014, 08:18
[QUOTE=Calz;25332]I have ... and I did ...

I have a special "power spot" with a tree that surrendered a piece of its bark when last I hugged it.

oh calz! i felt the knurled bark of a willow yesterday morn.
Went for a walk in the rain,the birds were singing, managed to keep dry under the canopy.
Alas the tree did not yeild!
I have come to learn that if you grind the dry bark of said tree and dip your finger in it and taste.
celler silic acid .(sorry could not spell)
mother nature's asprin.

jjc:tea:

KosmicKat
8th June 2014, 11:47
silicilic acid

Calz
11th June 2014, 17:17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnC88xBPkkc