PDA

View Full Version : Health Benefits of Tobacco by Dr Douglass

Mars Planitia
24th May 2014, 17:06
Thought this article was pretty interesting: For Cigar Smokers and Pipe Smokers.

Don't think cigarette smokers are included here. It's a good thing i took up pipe smoking and gave up the cigs.

Dr. William Campbell Douglass reveals medical truths, and deceptions, often at risk of being labeled heretical. He is consumed by a passion for living a long healthy life, and wants his readers to share that passion. Their health and well-being comes first. He is anti-dogmatic, and unwavering in his dedication to improve the quality of life of his readers.

He may be considered radical in some of his thinking but he has been called "the conscience of modern medicine," a "medical maverick," and has been voted "Doctor of the Year" by the National Health Federation. His medical experiences are far reaching-from battling malaria in Central America - to fighting deadly epidemics at his own health clinic in Africa - to flying with U.S. Navy crews as a flight surgeon - to working for 10 years in emergency medicine here in the States. Dr. Douglass graduated from the University of Rochester, the Miami School of Medicine, and the Naval School of Aviation and Space Medicine.
Medical maverick Dr. William Campbell Douglass, who himself smokes 3 to 4 cigars a day, discussed the therapeutic effects of moderate smoking and secondhand smoke. Campbell said he did not always view smoking in a positive light, recalling his early days of practicing medicine when he would refuse to treat patients who continued to smoke.

"Smoking in moderation will not harm you," Campbell explained, citing several medical conditions, including cancer, that can be improved by smoking. In one study he referenced, women who smoked the most were found to have a statistically significant 54% decrease in incidents of breast cancer when compared to woman who never smoked. Campbell also said smoking in moderation can prevent arteries from becoming clogged, as well as relieve the symptoms of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease.

According to Campbell, the health benefits of tobacco have been overlooked because of "extremely unreliable" statistics. He pointed out that in Greece and Japan, and other places where smoking is very prevalent, people tend to live longer and healthier lives than in places where smoking is restricted. He also acknowledged the role of diet in overall health and longevity, and recommended a diet rich in animal fat.

His Book:
http://www.paperbackswap.com/Health-Benefits-Tobacco-Dr-William-Douglass/book/9962636434/

24th May 2014, 17:18
I've always found the ritual of smoking not only therapeutic but also meditative in the process.

*Passes the chillum back to WhiteFeather with gratitude*

john parslow
24th May 2014, 21:39
I've always found the ritual of smoking not only therapeutic but also meditative in the process.

Me too my matey ...

Sooz
26th May 2014, 10:40
Hi Whitefeather,

A few moons ago, I started a thread on the benefits of smoking. Alas, it's been lost into the ethers due to meltdowns and what not.

Had heaps of good info on there, but it would take me an age to track it all down again.

Mars Planitia
27th May 2014, 11:51

*Passes the chillum back to WhiteFeather with gratitude*

I totally agree with your post. Very Meditative Indeed. :)

Sooz
27th May 2014, 13:07
Found this in my bookmark file which was in my lost thread:

http://www.wispofsmoke.net/goodforyou.html