PDA

View Full Version : More On Hermes/Thoth

Fred Steeves
21st September 2013, 23:52
First off, I loved the symbolism in this picture from Manly Hall's book "The Secret Teachings of All Ages, from the first time I saw it. The accompanying explanation says a lot:

Hermes as the personification of Universal Wisdom, is here depicted with his foot upon the back of Typhon, the vanquished dragon of ignorance and perversion. To the Egyptian initiate, Typhon the devourer of souls signified the lower world which swallows up the spiritual nature of the individual who, being imperfect i.e. out of balance, descends from the higher spheres and is drawn into the physical universe. To be swallowed by Typhon therefore signifies the process of rebirth, from which "man-kind of life form" can only release him or her self by vanquishing his mortal adversary.
In one hand Hermes carries the Caduceus, a winged rod with two fighting serpents intertwined about it, in the other the immortal Emerald, upon whose surface was inscribed in raised letters the sum of philosophy. The figure wears the ancient Egyptian Masonic apron according to the pattern discovered by Belzoni an eminent Egyptologist. The two small circles contain the forms and symbols most closely associated with Hermes. In the upper circle is the Ibis, whose curious characteristics have caused it to be particularly associated with the medical art. In initiation ceremonies the Egyptian priests wore masks in the form of the ibis head to signify that they represented the attributes of Thoth or Hermes. The lower circle contains the dog, an animal always associated with Hermes because of its intelligence and devotion, upon the forehead of Hermes appears the uraus, the secret symbol of the constellation of Scorpio, which represents the regeneration of the same power that in the form of the dragon lies helpless under his foot.
The scarab over the heart of Hermes represents the presence of the spiritual and regenerative light within his own soul, the collar typifies by its circles the orbits of the heavenly bodies. The three points of the tail of Typhon which end in arrows indicate the three destructive expressions if universal energy - mental, moral and physical perversion. The entire diagram signifies mastery through the regeneration of the body, illumination of the mind, and the transmutation of the emotions.
In other words, the archetype depicted above has done the ultimate, he has conquered his "mortal adversary", himself. Ta dah! He is now free to go, to do as he pleases.
To me, this is what the real deal is of us being here. To move on past our greatest inhibitor, none other than ourselves. Solve yourself, and everything else falls into place. Living just to fight the NWO is a trap. This is it's realm, and it's a battle that can never be won in this realm. It can only be transcended. Now please don't confuse this as saying we should simply lay down to be rolled over, far from it, evil should be called out for what it is at every opportunity.

Waging (eternal) war against it though, is where the great and enticing deception comes into play. It's as simple as what Orwell said: "War does not = peace". I would add to that it most certainly does not = peace of mind either....The only war that needs waging is that of against our own ignorance and self deceptions. Once accomplished, we are no longer subject to our old friend Typhon's realm. We are free to move on, and all the wiser for our "lost time". Each individual is 100% responsible for accomplishing this great feat on their own, there is no saving another from their own folly.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Universe, all is *precisely* as it should be. The only "problem" comes with distorted views and interpretations of the Universe. As Jorr liked to say "All Is Well", and he was absolutely correctumundo on that one. That's why I still use it in my signature. Thanks Jorr!
There certainly IS a war on for our minds, as Alex Jones likes to say. Except he's missing one key little bit of information on that one: The war is not out there, the war is inside each of us. Our choice of battlefield locations means everything in the world.

Choose your battlefield wisely...

Cheers,
Fred

Synagex
11th June 2017, 20:01
An excellent post is this now risen for the small time it takes to read but for the massive obvious illuminating light it reveals for our current time.

Gale Frierson
12th June 2017, 16:42
Hermes is highlighted in "The Kybalion" Wisdom from 35,000 years ago. Supposedly he was an alien who came to Earth and taught the Egyptians how to build the pyramids. He taught them architecture, agriculture, astronomy, mathematics, and a comprehension of the fact that humans are consciousness and awareness; the self-consciousness and self-awareness of God to whom we are inherently related, having been created by Him. We are co-creators with Him. The only thing we can't create is ourselves. After Himself, We were an inherent part of His Plan, His One Original Thought, which has been eternally expanding since.