PDA

View Full Version : To Whom Do You Pray?

14th May 2014, 11:07
Greetings TOT :tiphat:

On the former site I made a thread called: "A Plea For Energetic Sovereignty" that was catalysed by a couple of fascinating conversations and experiences with a healer who used to post on here and who's name I shall refrain from bringing up as she has left us since. This thread was basically aimed at getting us all (myself included) to recognise our full power (awful, crude word that has connotations towards ego, whether intended or not) and step into that power as sovereign beings of the multiverse.

Well, much time and experience has passed since I made that thread and I wanted to revisit it with a further accrued perspective and (in a way) re-emphasise the motives that I initially engaged therein.

In a nutshell, I am a hypocrite and I shall tell you for why if you have the patience and/or inclination to read/listen....... :tea:

As human beings we suffer from a mostly self induced (yet partially inflicted) disgruntlement at the world around us that we seek to reconcile by apportioning blame onto others, sometimes even an older version of ourselves. We subjugate at the first hint of difficulty so that a third party may take pity on our "poor little me" state and sort out the disgruntlement for us. "This isn't my fault and it's ruined everything, it was his/hers/theirs/yours so there's absolutely no way I can manifest the empowerment to sort it our for myself". We revolve in a cycle of dissonance where we should evolve out of it, by challenging it and breaking said cycle, provoking the harmony that we were supposed to be.

It's always the governments' fault isn't it? Those pesky reptiles that have had us enslaved for thousands of years undermine our ability for change don't they? You don't have the home you want or drive the car you wish (if indeed at all) thanks to the Zionist banking cartel that pins your pockets to the wall while it saps the sustenance from holes that were sewn before you were even born. Diminutive, sexless, soul less excuses for beings lift us into crafts and take samples of our physicality, unhindered, unchallenged and unimpeded because they can....well we can't stop them can we? It's our lot in life right? A night with incubus or succubus is common folly for the human victim, come on jump on, I'm fair game. The man/lady doth not protest. :crazy:

Poor little human. Poor little victim. Poor little us. Poor little me.

But apparently there is a solution. Allegedly we can pray to a deity. We can perform rituals whereupon we invoke the spirits and presences of higher beings who can extend a hand into the pool of our woes and fish us from it's stormy waters. We can ask our spirit guides for assistance by inviting them into our Souls for a coffee hoping they may be able to help. Angels, there's another one. An endless menu of theistic delights await the victim human, all salivating, waiting for their meaty fill of adoration and energy.:shapeshift::shapeshift:

WHAT ARE WE DOING?!?!:flag:

So, let me just get this right. We won't accept personal responsibility because after all it wasn't our fault. So, we have negated our power in the first instance of acceptance. Then in a further attempt to perpetuate our victim state, we not only continue to ignore our ability to service the issue, we actually have the naive ignorance to donate all of that energy to an unseen, unproven entity that is exterior to ourselves.... thus extending the gap further between the hollow shell of a human we have become and the connurbations of manifested reality we have projected into existence by feeding them with every morsel of nutrients we have. Wow. Most of us don't even know we are doing it, myself included. I have become so pre-occupied with bolstering the power of other exterior entities with my own stupid obedience that I have forgotten who I am......who we are!

In my view we are incredible, beautiful, emotional, intelligent, wonderful, spiritual beings in a temporary vessel we know as the body. We are not only capable of infinity, we ARE infinite. We did not require the helping hand into this world and we will not require one when we leave it, so why oh why do we not pause for a moments recollection, just once or twice a day and remember who we are? And remember that we need no helping hands during this exciting interim within which we have been placed. We are the very definition of potential. Do you think we have to be enslaved because we are lost in simple servitude? I say "NO"! We are enslaved because there are those who are terrified (bless em) of what we are and what we will become. There are countless races on planet, off planet and interdimensionally that want us to step into our potential but it is a step we must take.

My plea to you is this: If it isn't yours why do you want it? Take refuge in your own abilities and seek solace in your own sovereignty. No-one or no thing can take that away from you unless you give it away like some trivial possession (dual pun very much intended). It's yours, keep it, be it. Take your humanity back.

I love you lot you bunch of weirdos. :grin:

:unity: :magic:, :h5:

Mark
14th May 2014, 12:39
It comes down to personal courage, courage that you believe in yourself. This is where critical mass is helping, an unfortunate paradox for the controllers, enough is enough, hold the line, carry "OUR" light.

Highland1
14th May 2014, 14:17
By pure coincedence Ben,
I started a thread of the same title on the original tot forum called "To Whom Do You Address Your Prayers To" and in a bizarre round about way, it was similar in content to your thread here but without your advanced grammar! lol.

Anyway, despite not saving the original thread my impetus, and others I guess too, would be so different today to what it was 2 years ago!

Personally, I pray via my higher self, in part to our wonderful earth mother Gaia............within the belief that she is the portal to Source.

Russ

Catsquotl
14th May 2014, 16:10
Greetings TOT :tiphat:

We did not require the helping hand into this world and we will not require one when we leave it, so why oh why do we not pause for a moments recollection, just once or twice a day and remember who we are?

You are right, the part of the human anatomy that helped us into this world is not called hands. :onthequite:
I have stopped praying to anything or anyone, and somehow I don't feel confident enough to start praying to me?
Who am I. In the end i seem to feel that anything that happens is life experiencing itself through itself. The me part is just a figment.

With Love
Eelco

Mark
14th May 2014, 16:53
By pure coincedence Ben,
I started a thread of the same title on the original tot forum called "To Whom Do You Address Your Prayers To" and in a bizarre round about way, it was similar in content to your thread here but without your advanced grammar! lol.

Anyway, despite not saving the original thread my impetus, and others I guess too, would be so different today to what it was 2 years ago!

Personally, I pray via my higher self, in part to our wonderful earth mother Gaia............within the belief that she is the portal to Source.

Russ

Hi Russ!

She is the portal to source, but so are we, source is all around us, it is what we feel when we feel love.

gardener
14th May 2014, 17:22
Hello 777, highlander answered this very well and I think his grammar is amazing he has helped me so much just by reading his posts so don't put yourself down highlander I know grammar is important to many people but more important is if people just speak from the heart. My grammar is not of this planet as I had dyslexia and all I can do is to ask people on tot to just put up with me as best they can, I do know I am not a stupid person just because of my dyslexia and try very hard to get things correct and it does hurt me when people correct me but I can only accept that they are very clever re grammar and that is ok with me I do envy people who know their grammar, but I am very grateful because I learn a little more from them, a bit of a contradiction I guess,so thank you all on tot hope you can still tolerate me because I am so happy to be part of this wonderful forum. getting back to the main subject from 777 we are all seekers of truth which is why we can be of help to each other and respect each others opinions not in a know it all way, but in love and in friendship.as to who we pray to is for me a personal thing and we are all at different stages as far as belief goes in whatever stage we are at, we may not always agree with everything other members are saying but, they deserve respect because they are speaking from the heart and I totally agree with 777 we must take responsibility instead of holding others responsible for our own misfortunes, a difficult thing to do but if we are to be honest, then self examination is the only way to get through it.Example for me was twenty odd years ago I came across a book by an old lady called Vera Stanley Alder called from the mundane to the magnificent and I found it at that time in my life to be the best explanation of what we term as God and I would love to get a copy and read it again, but still today as far as my memory serves me I am sure I would come to the same conclusion, an amazing book could be at that time in my life, I could relate to it only because I had many similar experiences. anyway folks I apologise if I have taken up so much of your time and also to say to 777 I respect your post and thank you. gardener x

BabaRa
14th May 2014, 18:57
TO WHOM DO I PRAY?

Honestly, I wasn't raised in a religious household, so I rarely pray - - EXCEPT when I'm in deep trouble, THEN

I PRAY TO ANYONE WHO WILL OR MIGHT LISTEN! HELP ME, SOMEBODY, ANYBODY!

Tribe
14th May 2014, 19:44
Answering the question who do I pray to , it's weird but for as long as I can remember I have presumed those that will hear my call will be my ancestors and I am linked deeply to them and I pull from their strength . Sounds odd but it's what I've always done !

Seikou-Kishi
14th May 2014, 21:18
People who scorn dyslexic people for their language are pretty miserable. We would not berate a one-legged man for not running the marathon.

Tribe
14th May 2014, 21:23
People who scorn dyslexic people for their language are pretty miserable. We would not berate a one-legged man for not running the marathon.

It's a good job too , or I'd be to scared to post ! Never mind be a moderator ..Gardener , your right also that when writing from the heart , it is easy to feel the post and see beyond the grammatical errors etc. I really fought hard to not be shy and silent because of my dyslexia ! I totally value intent. :) xx

Altaira
14th May 2014, 21:27
It took me some time to find out who do I pray to. I don't even know how long because as Babs said I pray to the one who can hear me. Well I finally realized that somehow this being is in fact me. It does make sense to me, I've been observing the invisible helper who had always heard my prayers and had always managed to give me more than I could imagine. Who knows me better than my own self, who can understand my needs better than my own self, who can provide me with so many synchronicity?
Ben, you said this beutflly
We did not require the helping hand into this world and we will not require one when we leave it, so why oh why do we not pause for a moments recollection, just once or twice a day and remember who we are? And remember that we need no helping hands during this exciting interim within which we have been placed

Indeed this is so true the only thing we need to do is to connect to the "whisperer" to listen and talk.

Altaira
14th May 2014, 21:58
It's a good job too , or I'd be to scared to post ! Never mind be a moderator ..Gardener , your right also that when writing from the heart , it is easy to feel the post and see beyond the grammatical errors etc. I really fought hard to not be shy and silent because of my dyslexia ! I totally value intent. :) xx

I can join you too. I am not dyslexic but English is my second language and my husband who is English used to say that initially I was talking Yoda English :hilarious:. It is a little bit better today but I still need to make efforts to express my thoughts and feeling the way they reflect what I mean.
Sorry to divert you post Ben but wanted to join the club too.

Melidae
14th May 2014, 22:14
All my life I've been stuck on what is prayer? A request for help when we feel helpless?

If there is a need for help, either for myself or others, I do what I can...or if nothing is obvious, I retreat to the silence of meditation. Sometimes a simple change of perception makes a difference...sometimes just having someone who understands beside you helps, even if not a word is spoken. The "answer" is always there...just difficult to see when you are in the midst of a situation.

Seikou-Kishi
14th May 2014, 23:43
Prayer is a broad term that encompasses many ideas. At the least healthy, it is a direct request for aid from outside forces. It could, however, just be a time of focusing the mind as a way of taking control when the mind is behaving frantically. When the mind is in such a state, inspiration from one's own higher self is blocked out like static disrupting the wireless.

Moonlight
15th May 2014, 00:12
I have prayed all my life. My prayers have evolved through the years and to whom I have addressed them also. "What is prayer" would be a good question also, as the meaning would differ to each of us I am sure. I tend to pray in gratitude and blessings most of the time, but I do have my requests for help. I pray to God/Goddess, the Universe, my angels and guides, my relatives (ancestors), and more. It all depends on what my intent is. Coming from the knowledge that we are One, a spark of Source, then I pray to myself and I pray to you. I know that I Am infinite power and asking for help does not diminish this in any way. Let's say I have a heavy something to move and I ask my neighbor for help... To me it's all the same.

I no longer blame others for any of my "disgruntlement" (had to look that one up.. hehe), well most of the time. I do catch myself sooner when I do. I owe it to deep shadow work and to Ho'oponopono. I take responsibility for many things. If it's in my life and it bothers me, then I take responsibility. The first time I heard (read) "Je suis désolée. Pardonne-moi. Merci. Je t'aime. (I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you. I love you.)" I went ugh?:scrhd: and re-read the chapter thinking I missed something, because I thought... why is he saying that? It's not his fault! I didn't even know this was called Ho'oponopono at the time, but I knew it was very important. I can say that over the years, this tool has helped me immensely.

It seems to be accepted when someone demeans themselves. But if I say that I am a beautiful powerful being, then I would be full of myself ? Ha! I must be too sexy ... :ha:

I would like to leave you with this

Our Greatest Fear

It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear, Our presence automatically liberates others.

—Marianne Williamson

15th May 2014, 10:54
Hello 777, highlander answered this very well and I think his grammar is amazing he has helped me so much just by reading his posts so don't put yourself down highlander I know grammar is important to many people but more important is if people just speak from the heart. My grammar is not of this planet as I had dyslexia and all I can do is to ask people on tot to just put up with me as best they can, I do know I am not a stupid person just because of my dyslexia and try very hard to get things correct and it does hurt me when people correct me but I can only accept that they are very clever re grammar and that is ok with me I do envy people who know their grammar, but I am very grateful because I learn a little more from them, a bit of a contradiction I guess,so thank you all on tot hope you can still tolerate me because I am so happy to be part of this wonderful forum. getting back to the main subject from 777 we are all seekers of truth which is why we can be of help to each other and respect each others opinions not in a know it all way, but in love and in friendship.as to who we pray to is for me a personal thing and we are all at different stages as far as belief goes in whatever stage we are at, we may not always agree with everything other members are saying but, they deserve respect because they are speaking from the heart and I totally agree with 777 we must take responsibility instead of holding others responsible for our own misfortunes, a difficult thing to do but if we are to be honest, then self examination is the only way to get through it.Example for me was twenty odd years ago I came across a book by an old lady called Vera Stanley Alder called from the mundane to the magnificent and I found it at that time in my life to be the best explanation of what we term as God and I would love to get a copy and read it again, but still today as far as my memory serves me I am sure I would come to the same conclusion, an amazing book could be at that time in my life, I could relate to it only because I had many similar experiences. anyway folks I apologise if I have taken up so much of your time and also to say to 777 I respect your post and thank you. gardener x

Hi Gardenar, thanks for joining in! Please never ever be shy with us based on dyslexia and/or language barriers or a grasp of written English that isn't as intricate as the next man. None of us judge here and we read between the lines where communication is involved and it should not (and will not) be a cause for judgement. Thank you for allowing us into your thoughts.

Russ

THIS is exactly what I was hoping someone would bring up Russ, thank you (and don't for a moment berate your wonderful grammar!). I never intended for my post to be preachy and to question anyone's sense of "faith" (which I also know wasn't your inference either) merely to empower or at least question the source of that power. Where one's higher self in concerned this is categorically not of an exterior source, it is by definition the ultimate source of self and sovereignty and as you eloquently put it; "a portal to source"......the macroscopic, omnipotent source of All that is! Nice one brother :h5:

norman
15th May 2014, 12:23
I do as Barbara says she does. I don't base myself in 'prayer' normally ( perhaps I should ) but when the brick hits the can sometimes, I grasp at straws, I suppose.

What I really mean IS, I don't have a satisfactory concept of an entity ( or even a "source" ) that I deliberately turn to.

I remember , still, how I stated this very issue while under pressure to come up with a reply to a prod from a person at a 'meeting' while checking out the immortalists who used to go under the name of the Eternal Flame Foundation" ( but now seem to call themselves "People Unlimited" ).

It went like this:

These 'guys' have got the concept but they don't know what it is.

Guru Maraji knows what it is but he doesn't have a concept.

I'm with Maraji on this one. :)

Highland1
15th May 2014, 13:21
I suppose we have all experienced some terrible news or trauma at some point in our lives and the usual deep heartfelt response is:
"Oh my god", or "please god no" or "please god help me or help them" have we not?
However, people who believe they are on the path of enlightenment are reluctant to use or believe in the man made concept or mental construct of god.
As there are many false rewritten theological stories how we are going to be saved I suppose its not much wonder given the hideous atrocities we see committed daily by power mad greedy psychopaths.
So we learn to delve deeper into ourselves looking for guidance or advice do we not?
I am a little uncomfortable accepting the mainstream concept of god because he is depicted as being male.
Creation for me, at least in this 3d world is of a totally feminine essence and on the whole I think most of us agree that Gaia is our mother source or mother earth.
Somehow though, I suspect that the source of our origins in part does not exist in a dualistic dimension consisting of male and female gender but just one eternal infinite place of total love, equality and true knowledge way beyond our current understanding.
I say prayers literally everyday, usually in my car of all places.
I will not spell out the words I say, other than I pray for all things and not just my family and friends and personal needs.
I always ask that we as humanity can somehow unite and live in harmony with all things that share our planet.
I more or less pray for everything and everyone and try to be as selfless as possible within the hope that all OUR prayers will somehow be answered.
I ask that there always be light to guide us through the darkness and to protect us from our uncertain future.
So, who exactly do I address my prayers to?
To be totally honest I don't really know but deep in my heart I feel I am connecting to something that is part of the good in all of us.
If I was given the choice of choosing the name of this "God", I would simply call it.............. LOVE.

Russ

15th May 2014, 13:39
We are synchronistic and congruent in our approaches Russ. I too do the vast majority of my "praying" in the car and I too voice them aloud. I make a distinction between praying in the conventional sense ("our father etc".....directed AT a recipient) and praying as an energetic affirmation. There is so much evidence to suggest that affirmations are merely a tool to focus the brain and mind on an outcome that is favourable and that they work! My "faith" (term used again loosely much like prayer) expands that further to encompass a dynamic magickal energy that underpins everything, and therein I have absolute faith in it's experiential success rather than viewing it as an exterior power as such.

I think of conscious, spiritual beings as conduits of this energy who can channel it accordingly and who's affirmations access it and direct it according to how/when and why it is called forth from the unseen realms.

I'm encountering this so much recently, with many of you where words and their accumulated connotations (such as prayer being associated with a desperate plea to A.Nother for example) are no longer satisfactory communicative tools for the concepts we have knowledge of and can further hinder understanding. Getting trickier isn't it? For example, a devout church go-er may or may not be a spiritual being. There is a general presumption that the former confirms the latter!

Sorry Russ I'm rambling now, but you've got me all spiritually excited so to speak.

ronin
15th May 2014, 14:05
in primary school we where indoctrinated into saying the lords prayer in assembly every morning.most of you will remember this and this also followed on to secondary school.
roughly about the age of ten i remember get angry at god and ripping up the bible,page by page.the reason being that i prayed to him at that time and never was there a instance or reply.
i prayed for him to sort and help our household out,i prayed for other people for him to help.
after i ripped that bible up i felt guilt and also that god had turned his back on me.i felt this for such a long time after.

but something deep inside also i felt.there is no him(god with a white beard).
have faith because it walks your journey with you and will never leave you.
you have to go through what you need to go through to learn and experience.

this was a intuition many years ago.

i still prayer in my mind pretty often and it would be usually be for other people.
as there are always other people worse off than yourself,and i,m no angel by all means so when praying sometimes you feel unworthy of any help.

now this may seem contradictory,because i feel or know i returned to source last year.
and all source wants is your development and experience,you decide most of your life if your allowed and it is the choices you make in this life that you will return with.
then when you return,you may wait a while in notime then decide to experience a whole new lifetime with different choices.

then there is a prayer i say every now and again.

source help heal me psychically,mentality and spiritually.
so that i may become the person i was meant to be.
so i become the person i was created to be.
help me so that i may help others.

yes sounds contradictory but that's where i am at with prayer.
i don,t see it as a man with a white beard anymore but more of a energy that surrounds everything.
it,s a matter of tuning or raising your frequency to that energy.

but a humble prayer from time to time won,t do anyone any harm:)

norman
15th May 2014, 14:17
....usually in my car of all places......

Russ

Ain't that just the real place for being who you are as the individual who was born alone..... and will die alone.....

I often shout at no one but myself, in the car. I tell myself to get a grip... or whatever....

Why in the bloody car...?

ronin
15th May 2014, 15:36
who are we to judge anyone.
do have adhd?dyslexia?a mental illness?
or just think out of the box?
the one,s we should watch are the one,s who think themselves as sane!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wG6Cgmgn5U

Highland1
15th May 2014, 15:45
Ain't that just the real place for being who you are as the individual who was born alone..... and will die alone.....

I often shout at no one but myself, in the car. I tell myself to get a grip... or whatever....

For me several reasons norman.
I pray whilst driving to work through beautiful Yorkshire countryside, teaming with greenery and wildlife.
I can appreciate this beauty whilst driving combined with my prayers of thanks.
Not only that, I have a large family and it is so peaceful whilst alone in my car without noisy distractions!
Not only that, but the crazier side of me believes that even my vehicle is another extension of myself who takes me to destinations of my choice and yes....I pray for and thank my Volvo too!

Russ

Catsquotl
15th May 2014, 17:39

Because driving takes the logic out of the brain so you can take a birds perspective..
Back in the day when I was still very uncertain about my way of visioning. I had my best results whilst driving. somehow the act of driving lifts some of the neurolgy involved in keeping the veil in place..

With Love
Eelco

Seikou-Kishi
15th May 2014, 20:11
Yes, experienced drivers don't drive consciously, but subconsciously. Hence, many who drive the same route every day often get home and don't even remember what happened en route. Driving is often the only time people enter a trance state, and so praying when driving is not a strange thought.

JJC
16th May 2014, 05:36
my prayers if such a word is appropriate in this context are for thanks for all and everyone on the one truth forum.
i have met like minded souls, and by reading,watching and trying to understand all and everyones posts, thoughts,and inspirational videos i feel i am amongst equals but am truly humbled by all and everyone. my unconcious prayers have been answered, i am walking and talking with my own kind jj

Seikou-Kishi
16th May 2014, 06:26
I often brim over with a sense of gratitude and reflect on this gratitude, but I can't say I consider it is directed at any particular thing. If it is directed at all, it is directed inwards to my connectedness and radiated outwards. The sense of gratitude is usually not a specific sense — I'm not grateful for anything in particular — I am just grateful. The feeling is a good, healing feeling and I often feel grateful for feeling grateful, lol.