PDA

View Full Version : Grounded

Moonlight
4th May 2014, 20:32
I am certain that this will not be any news to many here. It is a well done film, so I decided to post. It is a fact that my health is much better in the warmer months as I am barefoot as much as I can. I've decided to look into how to be grounded even in the winter time. Any suggestion is welcomed.

http://youtu.be/jgwF0tpioTU

"Grounded" is an independent feature film about what is considered by many authorities to be "The Greatest Health RE-discovery of All Time". The concept was tested on the people of Haines, Alaska , (population 1,700.)

Tribe
4th May 2014, 21:05
Ah your speaking my language , soon as it is spring I'm barefoot wherever I can get away with it , but my favourite thing to do is go to the woods and walk barefoot .. I had to plough through a bog before I dislocated my knee , I was loving it with my trousers rolled to my knees , the squelching and squishing , my friends thought I was mad ! But I washed in the stream put in my shoes and looked like I'd never walked in the muddy forest at all :) xx

Moonlight
6th May 2014, 00:35
I've not started to walk barefoot outside yet... it's still too cold and I'm not as brave as the guy in the documentary. brrrr... But it's coming ! :)

Seikou-Kishi
6th May 2014, 01:23
You're a new-world Francophone aren't you, Moonlight? So I'm guessing you're in Quebec?

Is it ever warm enough to walk barefoot in Canada? Lol. Seriously though, I was barefoot for some time today in the grass. The feeling is great.

modwiz
6th May 2014, 04:06
I went out for my last tobacco barefooted. I was wearing a cap and sweatshirt, as it was cool. I will make it a point to continue this. I know better and this thread has been a good reminder. Winter is over!:grin:

Tonz
6th May 2014, 07:08
Of course it's cool Modwiz, you could have worn a pair of shorts at least !:ttr:

modwiz
6th May 2014, 07:40
Of course it's cool Modwiz, you could have worn a pair of shorts at least !:ttr:

Ah ha! I thought it was too early for mushroom(s).:ha:

PurpleLama
6th May 2014, 10:52
Having grown up in the deep south (Miss'ippi) and living here still, shoes are for going to town except for during what little winter we have. Walking in the woods without any foot protection is not always wise if one is wandering much from the beaten path, however, many prickly things and biting things abide beneath the canopy. Following the trails are ok for the most part, but the days spent working in the gardens and playing in the yard are done with as little clothing as possible, for the most part, enough so the neighbors can't complain.

I figured out years ago, the electrical potential is highest when the morning dew first has the sun shining upon it. In spring, summer, and fall, the days warm quickly, so one has to get outside early to take advantage.

BabaRa
6th May 2014, 15:39
Glad to see so many soul mates who are also sole mates. . . I have always been a barefoot gal - - -best way I know to connect with nature and ground oneself.

Sitting, laying on ground works well also. I do it mentally when it's cold out - works for me.

Moonlight
6th May 2014, 22:39
You're a new-world Francophone aren't you, Moonlight? So I'm guessing you're in Quebec?

Is it ever warm enough to walk barefoot in Canada? Lol. Seriously though, I was barefoot for some time today in the grass. The feeling is great.

I like that. I guess I am. LOL

Some of the ladies are in sandals and bare legs already. It will have to be a bit warmer for me. I may just go watch the stars and let my toes touch the grass a little while tonight though... :ht:

modwiz
6th May 2014, 23:48
When I have my bare feet on the ground they tingle and vibrate in a most pleasing way.

Moonlight
7th May 2014, 00:05
When I have my bare feet on the ground they tingle and vibrate in a most pleasing way.

:eyebrows: Interesting... hehe

No kidding. I'm going now. With all this talk, if I don't go now, my feet will go without me! :p

Moonlight
7th May 2014, 00:52
Yep, still pretty chilly. Now I've got tingly feet too !

lookbeyond
7th May 2014, 23:16
Glad to see so many soul mates who are also sole mates. . . I have always been a barefoot gal - - -best way I know to connect with nature and ground oneself.

Sitting, laying on ground works well also. I do it mentally when it's cold out - works for me.

I dont know if this counts toward grounding, but after my evening walk (which is mostly a night walk by the time i get out) i lie down (fully clothed) on the concrete in my backyard and stargaze.Our bunny often comes over for a tickle, this is one of the best parts of my day

Catsquotl
8th May 2014, 03:56
Started a few weeks ago to take off my shoes when walking the dog.
The cold climed up and cramped up my calfs.. Still easy walking and breathing made them relax again..

Hoping for the cold to leave the ground though..

Still thinking about knitting a few knit slippers with maybe a velt or leather sole.
http://www.favecrafts.com/Knit-Socks-and-Slippers/Easy-Knit-Slippers

I love walking bare footted. Have spend months without shoes when I was younger.
Don't know why I stopped.

WIth Love
Eelco

shamanseeker
8th May 2014, 15:58
A brilliant video, Moonlight! Thank you so much!

I've been wearing rubber souled flat shoes lately and everyone, including doctors, have told me I should be wearing high heels but even when I wore socks with them, I could feel that my legs were not as strong as without. Now I KNOW I'm doing the right thing.

Moonlight
10th May 2014, 12:34
I've enjoyed it very much too, Shamanseeker :)

I've been going out barefoot in the yard all week, well except yesterday... went to yoga instead :p The warmth is going up, up, up ! In the 22-23 C today ! Woohoo ! I'm having my mother's day thing today because my daughter is busy with the in-laws tomorrow. Like I always tell her, it doesn't matter.... it is mother's day everytime I see her! awwww... Might go for a walk in the Sherwood forest (that would be the Gatineau park) and let my feet feel the ancient rocks there.