PDA

View Full Version : You want truth??? ... have some ..

Calz
26th April 2014, 03:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDxprZgu5iQ

Calz
26th April 2014, 03:26
I hope karma isn't yet another new age scam ...

These people and their minions need to face up to their actions.

Oh gosh ... so many prisons filled with innocent people ... what to do???

Seikou-Kishi
26th April 2014, 05:18
I guess it depends what you mean by karma. If by karma we understand a divine court room in which punishments are ordained for misdeeds and rewards granted for good behaviour, then yes, that is a new age scam. Or at least a new age misapprehension. Karma is not about punishment or reward, only about consequences. If you betray somebody, it is not a punishment if they do not trust you in the future, or if you have a future life in which the theme of betrayal is assessed in reversed roles. That is why forgiveness triumphs over karma: if two people make amends with each other and do not resent harm done to them, there is no need for the relationship to be remedied before unity. In my life, people have treated me badly before, but I would not want them to have to be treated badly because of it, let alone be the one to treat them badly.

I have felt empathically the remorse others have felt in respect of things they have done to me and it pains me as much as my own remorse. Remorse is a truly dreadful spiritual faculty, in all the senses of that word. When you connect with people empathically, you feel their pain as your own pain and so compassion and forgiveness are free-flowing. Remorse, forgiveness and empathy are three faculties intimately entwined with the concept of karma.

There is a difference, though, in regret. I speak of regret specifically and not guilt. Guilt is worse than useless. If somebody has done something bad to me and yet they regret it, I do not need them to apologise for it. At the same time, will they have to experience what they have done from the other side? If I forgive them, I do not require anything for us to move on together. If they regret it, they have already considered how it must have been from the other side. If somebody has abused me, and though I forgive them they do not regret it, they will eventually be brought back to the situation because it is a theme that has not been resolved. They won't be brought back to it by me or a need an enlightened spirit has to reconcile with those with whom it has quarrelled, but rather they will be brought back to it by themselves because it is something in them that hasn't been changed for the better.

That is karma: at a certain level, we are ruthlessly fair-minded even when our lower levels are absolutely atrocious. We can keep no secrets from that higher part of ourselves, and even motives we might not realise are our own will be seen, because it knows our subconscious as intimately as it knows our conscious mind.

That is the aspect of karma which is personal. The aspect which is social is the formation of relationships which are not completely harmonious. If in one life you beat your wife and you die not having resolved that problem, a "future" life in which the roles are reversed is likely. Indeed, many past-life regressions indicate that this is what happens. When person A abuses person B and that abuse goes unresolved, person B might find themselves later abused by person A. This, of course, only pertuates the cycle of karma, because person B would feel the injustice of that abuse and require further recompense. It takes spiritual clarity to stop the wheel turning. If two people forgive each other, the cycle of abuse and bad karma dissolves. That doesn't mean you have to be happy with what happened: all it takes to forgive somebody from a karmic point of view is that you do not want them to have to feel what you have felt from your position. You do not have to campaign to have your son's murderer released from jail, or else visit him and get to know him. All that is required is that you say to yourself that you would not welcome a life for him in which his own son is killed in the same way. Karmic forgiveness is not so demanding as people suppose.

If people do not regret the harm they cause others, they will more than likely have to face those themes sooner or later (because of the ultimate sense of fairness in their higher self, which will want its own sense of fairness to percolate through), but it will be a wholly personal issue. To dissolve karma people might acquire through you, all that is necessarily is that you do not will a karmic debt upon them. I regularly affirm to myself that people shall acquire no karmic debt on my behalf, and nobody shall acquire karmic debt according to how they have treated me or haven't treated me. If they acquire karmic debt with others, or by themselves alone, neither is any of my business. But for my part, their karmic debt shall see no increase through me.

In other words, take what comes at you on the chin if you want to see a net decrease in the world's karma. That doesn't mean turn the other cheek as is commonly supposed, that is to say give no resistance to abuse in this life. To turn the other cheek requires that the slap you are dealt on your cheek in this life will need no answer in your next life. All we have to do to turn the other cheek, as Jesus said, is to realise that people down in this dense hell will frequently do things which have the potential to accrue karmic debt, but that it is not our will that they should become indebted through us. If you turn your right cheek because your left has been struck, when you die and your spirit leaves its body, both the stricken cheek and the turned cheek die with the body. If the strike can die with the cheek, you have turned the other cheek and the collisions of one life do not set up pitfalls for the next.

Releasing people from any karmic debts they may acquire through you is as simple as declaring there to be none, as simple as willing it so. That is not the same as forgiveness in the many senses of the word. You do not have to take back an abusive spouse and live happily ever after. You do not have to part as friends or keep each other on a Christmas card list. You can accept that you will never be friendly in your present life, but as long as you declare that the disharmony between you will, on your part at least, die with the body, then you will be the creditor of no karmic debt.

But this is the key of karmic forgiveness: It is not a get out jail free card by which you can expect that your own karmic debts will be absolved. Rather, karmic forgiveness is an aspect of your own clemency and compassion; your forgiveness is for the benefit of others. For that reason, you cannot require or demand forgiveness from others and "these minions" as you call them cannot require it of you. Unless it is freely given, it is not given at all. When you realise this, that you can unburden others of any karmic debts they have the potential to acquire through you but that your forgiveness does not unburden you, it is a sobering admonition to tread lightly. This is the sense of fairness by which your higher self operates: you do not consider yourself excused simply because you have excused others, and this is why karma that is not social can still be personal. If two spirits come together and decide that neither shall acquire karmic debt through the other, whatever happens in life, that is an act of mutual and freely-given forgiveness. There is no right or expectation, truly thought, of quid-pro-quo in forgiveness. You forgive out your own sense of fairness not because you expect to be forgiven too. You can hope that you are, as long as you realise your hope obliges nobody.

The dissolution of social debt by forgiveness can remain a personal karmic burden because we do not forgive ourselves. We will not shirk that burden until we have felt truly remorseful for it, even though we may be forgiven by those we wounded. We may be inclined to treat ourselves harshly, and this is why remorse is only the beginning of the process and true self-forgiveness is the resolution. And here when I speak of self-forgiveness I speak specifically of karmic debt that is personal, which can itself be one part of a social debt. Self-forgiveness, as its name suggests, is wholly personal and we cannot forgive ourselves on behalf of others.

Since we are talking in terms of debt (like "karma" and "punishment", this word has problems of its own), an analogy in that vein should be helpful. Imagine you fall upon unexpected ill health and do not have health insurance. Your much richer brother steps in in the emergency and pays your bills. In the beginning, both of you agree that it is a debt. Eventually, your brother decides that because he could easily afford it, and because he loves you, he is glad to have been able to help you and so declares that there is no debt: he is pleased to have been able to help his brother and knows you would have done the same. Now, he has forgiven you the debt and declared the debt no longer exists. You might still feel indebted to your brother. This is where that debt becomes personal and where self-forgiveness applies. You cannot simply absolve yourself of the debt if you brother does not, but if he has, self-forgiveness is the final requirement to saying goodbye to the idea of the debt at last. This is why I say that forgiveness is not a get out of jail free card, but that you must also forgive yourself. Self-forgiveness is necessary but it is not sufficient, that is to say, it is one of the requirements for the dissolution of karmic debt but it is not the only requirement.

This is not to say that you cannot work on the personal side of a karmic debt first. You can work through remorse and self-forgiveness for things you have done even when you are not forgiven. You do not need to wait for forgiveness to begin on the path through remorse to self-forgiveness. Indeed, beginning on that path through remorse may garner the other party's forgiveness: remorse and the sincerity of remorse are clearly noticeable on an empathic level, and these prompt forgiveness. But the remorse must be genuine and it must have spiritual clarity: it cannot be the "remorse" of the person who cheats on his partner that is displayed to ingratiate himself. It cannot be the "whoops I've been caught" remorse, because that is not remorse but expediency. This too is noticeable on an empathic level, if only people were more open on that level.

If you declare that these minions need to face up to their actions, you are saying that for your part you have a demand for karmic satisfaction and those who have played the part of the "bad guy" down here will have to supply that satisfaction before you and they will be able to come together cordially in a future life. That is your right, if you have been hurt, and sooner or later the two parties to your dissatisfaction will have to work it through: either you accept their position or they accept yours, whichever is ultimately fair will win out in the end. I, on the other hand, do not wish them to have to answer to me. By forgiving them in the karmic sense and forswearing any indebtedness they may accrue towards me in this life, I am dissolving painful relationships. I am saying that we will not be bound together in a cycle of abuse in future lives. What happens in this life will end with this death, from my point of view.

If you cannot offer them that karmic forgiveness for their own sakes (that is to say, because you don't want them to experience their treatment of you through your eyes), you might consider granting it for your sake: but that you relieve them of any indebtedness they acquire in respect of you in this life, you will be bound to them in future lives until that is worked out. It can be as much an act of self-love to forgive as it can be an act of clemency (which is love of others). It is like saying "for my sake as much as yours, let's not dance this painful dance again". A debt binds the creditor as much as it binds the debtor, and but that you forgive those in your debt, you will not begin a life with a clean slate.

Highland1
26th April 2014, 09:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDxprZgu5iQ

Russ :winner: