PDA

View Full Version : The western language and it's secret spells, and impact on vibrational response .

Tribe
17th April 2014, 19:24
At the moment I am studying the Rastafarians , they were not impressed by the western language as they say it lies to the user and the listener , they changed words and have their own dialec of the English language , bare with me as I'm just finding my feet in all of this , It made me think of the impact of words the vibrational responses they create , as I said bare with me I'm just putting things together in my mind to try and make sense of something that feels naturally wrong to be and suddenly I'm being given evidence of others feeling that language is indeed a dangerous tool in our vibrational energy and intentions , so I post these two things for consideration and maybe some discussion , that would very much help me in trying to make up my mind .

Firstly the lyaric

Iyaric, Livalect, Dread-talk or I-talk is a created dialect of English in use among members of the Rastafari movement. African languages were lost among Africans when they were taken into captivity as part of the slave trade, and adherents of Rastafari teachings believe that English is an imposed colonial language. Their remedy for this situation has been the creation of a modified vocabulary and dialect, reflecting a desire to take language forward and to confront what they see as the confusion of a corrupt and decadent society they call Babylon. This is accomplished by avoiding words and syllables seen as negative, such as "back", and changing them to positive ones.

Iyaric is sometimes also referred to as Wordsound — a name derived from the Rastafari principle of "Word, Sound and Power", which several scholars have compared to West African concepts regarding a power or essence being encapsulated within the pronounced sound of a name or word. Iyaric sometimes also plays a liturgical role among Rastafari, in addition to Amharic and Ge'ez.

I words
I replaces "me", which is much more commonly used in Jamaican English than in the more conventional forms. Me is felt to turn the person into an object whereas I emphasises the subjectivity of an individual.

I and I (also spelled I&I, InI, or Ihi yahnh Ihi) is a complex term, referring to the oneness of Jah (God) and every human. Rastafari scholar E. E. Cashmore: "I and I is an expression to totalize the concept of oneness. 'I and I' as being the oneness of two persons. So God is within all of us and we're one people in fact. I and I means that God is within all men. The bond of Ras Tafari is the bond of God, of man." The term is often used in place of "you and I" or "we" among Rastafari, implying that both persons are united under the love of Jah.
I-tal or Di food fula itality is spiritually blessed food that has not touched modern chemicals and is served without preservatives, condiments or salts. Alcohol, coffee, milk, and flavoured beverages are generally viewed as not I-tal. Most Rastas follow the I-tal proscriptions generally, and many are vegetarians or vegans. Even meat-eating Rastas abstain from eating pork, as pigs are scavengers of the dead, as are crabs, lobsters, and shrimp (whose banning coincides with the restrictions of Kashrut).

I man is the inner person within each Rastafari believer.
Irie refers to positive emotions or feelings, or anything that is good. Specifically it refers to high emotions and peaceful vibrations. This is a phonetical representation of "all right".
Ites derived from English "heights", means "joy" and also the colour "red". It can also be short for "Israelites".
Itesquake replaces "earthquake".
Irator replaces "creator", and Iration replaces "creation".
Idren or Bredren and Sistren refer to the oneness of Rastafari and are used to describe one's peers (male - "bredren", female - "sistren").
Itinually replaces continually. It has the everlasting/everliving sense of I existing continuously.
Inity replaces "unity", demonstrating a general pattern of replacing "you" and similar sounds with "I".
Iya (higher): Rastafari vocabulary is full of references to the "iya man", "stepping higher and higher", etc. It is not a reference to the "high" normally associated with cannabis, but to stepping into higher realms of reality, as in higher awareness. Iya is also used to refer to a friend. As in "Yes Iya", or "Cool (no) Iya".
Iyaric is the self-applied term for Rastafari language. It is formed by a combination of Iya (higher) and Amharic, the language spoken by Haile Selassie I.
Iwa replaces "time" or more accurately, "hour": "Inna this ya iwa."

Other words
Dreadlocks describes the locks commonly worn among Rastas, now universally called dreadlocks in English. The 'dread' component refers to the fear of the Lord, as well as the fear inspired when Rastas first began to grow locks in the 1940s in Jamaica. To Rastas, dreadlocks can be a deeply spiritual part of their identity. The Nazirite vow in the Torah and the story of Samson are commonly cited: "And she made a vow, saying, 'O LORD Almighty, if you will only look upon your servant's misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the LORD for all the days of his life, and no razor will ever be used on his head'." 1 Sam 1:11. [1] Rastas see this as the most natural way to grow one's hair, as well as a symbol of defiance of Rome and Babylon.
Dreads can refer to the dreadlocks, or to those who wear them.

Persons without dreads are sometimes called baldheads (somewhat derisive) or lack (more respectful); however as a common Rasta refrain points out, "It's not the dread upon your head, but the love inna your heart that mek ya Rasta..." meaning that many Rasta faithful themselves lack dreadlocks, while some non-Rastas, wolves inna sheeps clothes, may wear dreads solely for fashion. Dreads that were induced artificially or with additives, rather than allowed to take their natural course, are known as bathroom locks.

Babylon is an important Rastafari term, referring to human government and institutions that are seen as in rebellion against the rule of Jah (God), beginning with the Tower of Babel. It is further used by some to mean specifically the 'politricksters' who have been oppressing the black race for centuries through economic and physical slavery. In a more general sense, Babylon refers to any system that oppresses or discriminates against all peoples. Rastafari is defiance of Babylon, sometimes also called Rome — in part because of the 1935 Italian invasion of Ethiopia, then ruled by Rastafari's 'Living God,' Haile Selassie I, and partly because as the head of the Roman Catholic church (the Pope) is considered an opponent of Selassie I and Rastafari. Babylon the Great and Whore of Babylon are apocalyptic terms from the book of Revelation that may have been used to describe the pagan Roman Empire, which often persecuted Christianity. Babylon is also sometimes used by some Rastas with the more specific meaning of "police", insofar as they are seen as executive agents of Babylon's will. Most specifically however, "Babylon" is the corruption and perversion of the Word of God. The amalgamation of Pagan holidays and days of the week is but one example of "Mystery Babylon". Major Church feasts were adopted from pagan holidays, e.g. Christmas from Saturnalia. The perversion of truths is "Babylon". Anything that is a lie regarding the truth of Jah, is the actual root of what is considered
"Babylon" by Rastafari.

Politricks is a Rasta term replacing English "politics", because so many politicians, etc. turn out, they say, to be more like tricksters. Politrickster n.
Everliving replaces "everlasting", particularly in the context of Life Everliving. The "last" in "everlasting" implies an end (as in the term "at last"), while the life the Rastas have will never end according to them, they being immortalists. Often used in the phrase "...I and I is Everliving, Everfaithful, Eversure. Ras Tafari."
H.I.M. (His Imperial Majesty), pronounced him, and referring to Haile Selassie I.
Downpression replaces "oppression", because oppression holds man down instead of keeping him up (pronounced op in Jamaican patois.) Similarly "downgression" = "violence" (from aggression). Downpressor n.
Livication replaces "dedication", to rid itself of a connotation of death. adj. Livicated. v. Livicate.
Outvention replaces "invention", because mechanical devices are seen as outward; it is the inner experience of being Rastafari that is invention.
Overstanding (also "innerstanding") replaces "understanding", referring to enlightenment that raises one's consciousness.
Apprecilove replaces "appreciate" because of the similarity to hate.
Amagideon/Gideon is a Rasta theological concept meaning the general state the entire world is in now, and has been getting progressively deeper in since 1930, and especially since 1974. This is a slight mutation of Armageddon, a name appearing in Revelation.
Zion refers to either Ethiopia or the whole continent of Africa, after the Day of Judgment, as well as a state of mind one can enter through Rastafari.
Know replaces "believe". Rastafari would not say they "believe" Haile Selassie is Jah and that they, the Rastas, are the chosen people. They would say they "know" these things.
Whore of Babylon is the Revelation character sometimes considered to be Queen Elizabeth II, who is still the Head of State of Jamaica; or the papacy; or both.

Then I find this which hmm I'm not sure again but it makes for interesting consideration .

http://youtu.be/mJTpwe3OiV8

Tribe
17th April 2014, 19:27
I understand it looks like two topics in one post , I'm interested in the both but they seem also linked , wasn't there a bob marly song called so much confusion ? Lol

KosmicKat
18th April 2014, 01:00
There is indeed power in words. But not the simple trickery of "[this] sounds like [that]" (my hobby-horse example is "depressed" = "deep rest". Just ask anyone who has ever suffered from depression; there is nothing restful about it.)

Tribe
20th April 2014, 10:39
There is indeed power in words. But not the simple trickery of "[this] sounds like [that]" (my hobby-horse example is "depressed" = "deep rest". Just ask anyone who has ever suffered from depression; there is nothing restful about it.)

I understand this but I still believe there is something going on with the words we use and am continuing to investigate, I can't let it be for now I want to see what else comes to me . :) x

KosmicKat
20th April 2014, 11:36
I wish I had something more substantial to offer. All I can offer for now is that I was taught long ago that speaking something aloud is the first step in making it real. That, and treating it as a reality even if it cannot be seen.

Suffice to say that most people who know me IRL describe me as "quiet".

Tribe
20th April 2014, 11:50
I wish I had something more substantial to offer. All I can offer for now is that I was taught long ago that speaking something aloud is the first step in making it real. That, and treating it as a reality even if it cannot be seen.

Suffice to say that most people who know me IRL describe me as "quiet".

Thank you kk. :), when I was a child I was told , watch your words for they have power ! X

Altaira
20th April 2014, 22:56
This is so interesting and it makes sense. I haven't looked at it properly but I would imagine that all depends how much spirit you put in the words you use. It is all vibration and using combinnation of sounds fueled by the spiritual energy can crate a powerful spells. It is indeed the basics of the art of magic.

ronin
20th April 2014, 23:04
I understand this but I still believe there is something going on with the words we use and am continuing to investigate, I can't let it be for now I want to see what else comes to me . :) x

the courts and people of authority use the language of the word to overpower you.
Reaver did a excellent article on the power of the word but i cannot remember if it was on Nexus or US.
Lord Sid knows about synaptic use and the word that we are taught is called babble.
as soon as we enter a court why do we give are authority away?
we give away our sovereignty,why because we do not know how to use the power of the word.
we are being dumbed down.

Tribe
21st April 2014, 07:09
Thank you ronin , I will go seek out lord Sid ;) x

Spiral
21st April 2014, 09:35
the courts and people of authority use the language of the word to overpower you.
Reaver did a excellent article on the power of the word but i cannot remember if it was on Nexus or US.
Lord Sid knows about synaptic use and the word that we are taught is called babble.
as soon as we enter a court why do we give are authority away?
we give away our sovereignty,why because we do not know how to use the power of the word.
we are being dumbed down.

It was on Universal Spectrum but had references or reposts from Nexus if I remember correctly

Tribe
21st April 2014, 10:05
Thank you spiral that is really helpful , much to learn :) xx

Seikou-Kishi
21st April 2014, 10:10
Doesn't this seem superficial and contrived? I guess by this "system", to be superficial is a compliment — I mean, "super" is good, right? I guess "contrived" needs a little editing though. Perhaps "truthtrived" or "protrived". All of this is overlooking the fact that there is no "Western language"

The worship of the former emperor of Ethiopia as an aspect of god is pitiable in its origin: black people in the west, who had never before seen any black person accorded any amount of respect, were swept up in romantism when they saw a black ruler and it soothed deep-seated feelings of inadequacy built upon centuries of slavery and mistreatment. That the situation that allowed this deification of a ruler to occur just because he answered some need does not make the belief a good or valid belief. Rastafarianism has no more credibility than the worship of Prince Philip on Vanuatu. In fact, the pre-regnal title of the Emperor of Ethiopia, Ras, is normally translated "Duke" in English, so we have interesting parallels. We could call it Ducotheism.

The Rastafari ideology is founded in all this petulant rubbish. For example, a "wolf in sheep's clothing" implies deception for the purpose of predation or abuse, but a non-Rastafari who wears dreadlocks isn't necessarily pretending to be anything. He is no sooner pretending than a man who goes bald is pretending to be a Roman Catholic monk or a person who is circumcised is pretending to be Jewish.

All of this linguistic contortionism is false profundity. I guess "profundity" means "in favour of fun ditties". The same petulant posturing is found in saying "know" instead of believe, which implies infallibility. It's the same thing seen in the wholesale usurpation of Middle Eastern religious themes repainted to sooth the wounded feelings of people of African descent in a hemisphere that treats them like sh!t. The wounds are genuine, and greivous, but that does not legitimate the comforting delusion that is DukeofEdinburghism.

Cup
26th April 2015, 13:56
At the moment I am studying the Rastafarians , they were not impressed by the western language as they say it lies to the user and the listener , they changed words and have their own dialec of the English language , bare with me as I'm just finding my feet in all of this , It made me think of the impact of words the vibrational responses they create , as I said bare with me I'm just putting things together in my mind to try and make sense of something that feels naturally wrong to be and suddenly I'm being given evidence of others feeling that language is indeed a dangerous tool in our vibrational energy and intentions , so I post these two things for consideration and maybe some discussion , that would very much help me in trying to make up my mind .

Thank you, I resonate with them and their energy. I could probably be a rasta if circumstances were such. And dreads, I absolutely love them for some reason.

And Gaia, but I think you felt that, didn't you? :hug:

Dreamtimer
26th April 2015, 14:37
Tribe, I haven't finished reading your post, so I hope you don't think I'm jumping the gun. I'm fascinated by language and what it shows us about ourselves. You can learn amazing things about a culture and its history simply by learning it's language. I'm not a linguist, I've studied french enough to be able to understand pretty well and speak pretty crudely (don't practice). A mon avis, it's the language of poetry. The Chinese language(s) illustrate a different way of thinking and seeing the world. I didn't use to believe in the power of magic words. I see now that with the proper energy and understanding words have tremendous power, call it magic or not. I look forward to indulging in your thoughts and words.

Cup
26th April 2015, 14:55
German is used to talk to dogs, English is used to talk to horses and French is used to talk to ladies. Some say.