PDA

View Full Version : Plant based diets

Tribe
17th April 2014, 10:47
I just want to make sure you understand my intention of this thread. It is not created to make anyone feel that it is a belief of mine that my way of eating is the right way or the truth of things . I feel everyone must do what they have to do at any point in their life . I am not judging anyone for the choices they make regarding diet , we all have different bodies and mind sets , which will change through out our lives . This way of eating is best for me :) I do realise the article comes across as fact but I really think we need to listen to our instincts . So maybe this will be for you or not !

I want to make this thread for anyone that's thinking about becoming a more plant based eater , for people that have made the change or are wanting to . Namaste Tribe xxx

How to Transition Into a Plant-Based Diet

The act of choosing what to eat expresses a level of consciousness in a being. A plant-based diet is founded on love, compassion, and respect for our planet, as well as for all sentient beings. It is a step towards a realistic spiritual life, taking responsibility for the future of our planet and the continuance of the human race. First, we must understand that everyone is their own unique being, living his or her own evolutionary process. Transitioning to a plant-based diet is a process, but a conscious process, of which your mind and body will determine the speed. For example, some people take away red meat, then gradually stop eating chicken and fish. Others go vegan-raw in one day and never go back. Whichever the case may be for you, you need to do it with knowledge of what you are doing: Know what your body needs and make sure you provide the right nourishment in order to feel balanced and energized.
What you need to know before you begin:
❇ It’s not about taking things away from your diet, it is about expanding your horizons and replacing some things with better, higher quality, organic whole foods.
❇ Learning, researching, analyzing, studying, and reading about plant-based nutrition will become a part of your daily regimen in order to understand what it is that you are doing.
❇ When we say dark green leaves, we don’t mean lettuce. And, no, lettuce is not the nutritional leaf of choice for our salads.
❇ Nutrition is about quality not quantity, and by quality we mean foods that have the highest nutrient count PLUS are easy to digest, absorb, and eliminate.

❇ When changing your lifestyle to a plant-based diet your body will be chemically changing right in front of your eyes, eyes that cannot see their micro-universe. You will be changing from the inside out. Don’t be surprised if you find that you now don’t like things that you liked before and vice versa; this is normal and to be expected. As you change your diet, you will have a new body, physically and chemically.

❇ Some kitchen tools to make your transition easier in the kitchen: high speed blender, food processor, seed grinder, great paring and chopping knife, mandoline or julienne slicer, lime presser, stainless steel pressure cooker, stainless steel medium size pot, stainless steel sauce pan, mixing bowls, salad bowls, measuring cups, measuring spoons, plastic chopping board (one for veggies and one for fruits).

❇ You are finally taking responsibility for your health and overall well-being by doing what you are doing, consciously exerting your power of choice (with knowledge), now that you choose not just what you put in your body but also WHY.

❇ You are helping our planet survive by not consuming animals that produce gigantic amounts of methane gas, which is a huge contributor to global warming.

❇ Your body is not very forgiving and when you go back to the bad stuff, it will complain—faster and louder.

❇ If you are not doing this under the supervision or advise of a knowledgeable holistic practitioner, make sure you inform yourself daily and do things gradually to test out your system. Some people have a bad liver, kidney issues, or certain imbalances/allergies, and if you don’t prepare your body for the change, you might experience uncomfortable symptoms of cleansing, such as diarrhea or gas. This is part of the process, as your body tries to get all of the toxins out. Drink plenty of water to help.
We support an organic, vegan whole foods diet and especially a holistic lifestyle. So our recommendations for transitioning into a plant-based diet will be Holistic = Mind, Body, and Spirit.

Mind: Preparing your mind for a lifestyle shift is a must. Especially since this change will have such an amazing impact on not just your body but also your mind. Remember, our mind and body are one, what we do to one affects the other and vice versa. Having an optimistic, positive attitude and being open to great change is a wonderful start for the mind. Know that through this change you will be the healer of your own self. You are in charge of your health and it is up to you to care for your cells, neurons, and organs; you guys are a team and must look after one another. That is why we are never alone. It is the beginning of your relationship with energy, with the Source, and the vegetable kingdom is the medium by which you will acquire photonic energy from the sun for your cells, and change the frequency of your body, mind, and spirit. Replace your old thoughts with new ideas, thoughts, and mental associations to food. You need to see food in a different way in order to understand why and what you are doing.
Also, know that by eating a plant-based diet and healing your body with these foods, you will not only be cleaning out all the crap from your intestines but also the crap from your mind. Your personal issues (personal “demons”) will surface, so you can face them, understand them, transmute them, and let them go. Remember: mind and body are one. To heal the body we must also heal the mind.
Body: First step—read Protein: The Untold Story, so you can start to understand what protein is, and how you can replace animal protein with plant-based protein. By taking meat away, you need to replace it with other protein from plant sources, of which there are plenty, like organic tempeh, bean, and grain combos, nuts and seeds, quinoa, spirulina, chlorella, bee pollen, and vegetables themselves. Don’t just stop eating something without replacing it; being malnourished and starving the body is very similar. The point of eating is to get the right amount and quality of proteins (amino acids), complex carbohydrates, lipids (good fats), enzymes, minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and phytonutrients in order to get nourished and create ATP (ENERGY).

Bring more veggies into your life. Seventy to 80% of your plate should be veggies. Go to the farmers markets and grocery store and load up on ORGANIC produce. Organic, because it is about NUTRIENTS, and organic and wild produce have more nutrients than conventional as well as a higher frequency energy. You also don’t want to work your liver overtime with the pesticides, herbicides, and other chemicals in conventional produce. Have fun—there are infinite varieties and options when it comes to the vegetable kingdom. Remember that the stronger the color, the more antioxidants that fruit or vegetable contains. Antioxidants are what give vegetables and fruits their pigmentation, what keeps you young, and keeps your cells from damage. And you can only get them from the Vegetable Kingdom.
Have a raw, dark green leaf salad with every meal, if possible. Leafy greens are filled with enzymes, vitamins and minerals like calcium, some which lose their potency when cooked. Combine the salad with brown rice and beans (legumes), which make for a complete protein when eaten together (this can be 30% of your meal and your raw salad 70%). You can also lightly steam some veggies like asparagus, or broccoli and either add them to the salad or serve them as a side with some raw cashew cheese for other meal options. It is delicious. Get some vegan, raw cook books to get some ideas and check out our HKitchen section every week for a new plant-based vegan recipe. Remember the variety of vegetables you have to create nutritious, hardy, and delicious meals. Also, bring in some whole grains like brown rice, quinoa (a complete protein all by itself!), millet, amaranth, and buckwheat. I’m not a big fan of wheat because the gluten in it is an inflammatory agent, and many people develop allergies to it. But, if you do have it, perhaps in the form of bread, have it once a day or once in a while, and have it whole grain, organic and freshly made. Bread that comes from another state probably had to have a preservative as part of the ingredients to prevent it from molding. Who knows how many days it has been since they actually made it? And the list of ingredients for most of these items is ridiculous. Bread doesn’t require much to make—so check the ingredients. My rule is: organic, whole grain, freshly made, no more than four ingredients, and NO SUGAR.

This brings me to my next point: READ LABELS. Having a plant-based diet doesn’t mean a processed, boxed, vegetarian junk food diet. <–NOT NUTRITION, PEOPLE. Processed sugar is poison for the mind and body, and petroleum is not for human consumption, but when you have both from GMO corn turned into a cheap sweetener that the food industry uses any possible way they can, WE HAVE A PROBLEM. Google it and learn how many names corn syrup goes under, maltodextrin, high fructose corn syrup… hey, they even made a commercial saying, “No, it’s not bad, it’s just corn!” Yeah, corn mixed with DNA of fish, fossil fuels and who knows what else. DONT BUY IT! Read labels and read our post/video on Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills You, which will definitely get you to start reading labels, and focused on whole, plant-based foods. Eat food people…REAL FOOD!

Spirit: Get in touch with nature. Connect. Go to some organic farms, learn about them, what they are doing, and why. Experience the people, the real farmers that take pride and love in what they do, which is cultivate the land and give us nutrient-dense produce. Learn about our planet and how it suffers from the bad and ignorant choices we make every day with our wallets. Love your planet; it’s a living being and it needs our help. Get in touch with it; look at it from a different perspective. Earth (Terra) could be just one cell inside a huge body that hosts all of us. Be grateful for the vegetables that bring us only great nutrients with no cholesterol or bad fat, the very veggies that have vibrational codes inside them to activate our divinity once we breakdown the cell walls by chewing and accessing the pure photo energy from the sun. Think about your energy and how you will be cleansing and raising its vibration by ingesting high-vibration energy from the vegetable kingdom.
Be grateful, for your time has come to prepare for the upcoming cosmic alignment beginning 2012-2014, where our bodies need to be lighter and higher frequency in order to sustain the photonic energy that will come down. A plant-based diet will help us to acclimate, and enter the alignment with ease.
This is a big question and there is still so much more I want to say, but all in due time. Baby steps. We need to process the information and take things step by step. Change is a constant and it is a good thing, especially if it comes with positive effects. We are beings in evolution, and evolution will keep going with or without us. Will you ride the wave or get hit by it?
- See more at: http://www.sunwarrior.com/news/how-to-transition-into-a-plant-based-diet/#sthash.qCcqzNTa.dpuf

Spiral
17th April 2014, 16:43
Heres that thing "Protein: The Untold Story" they say you should read first

http://www.sunwarrior.com/news/protein-the-untold-story-2/

Woody
3rd February 2015, 17:11
Hi guys,
I hope it's not going off topic on this thread.
I've reached a decision after months and months of my conscience pushing me to stop eating meat.
The final straw was what I saw on the uk news today where abattoir workers were torturing animals (mainly sheep) before and during "processing". I will not Provide a link as it was sickening and horrific.

I would like to ask if we have many vegetarian members here on tot?
If we have can I ask for some advice please on how to change my diet? What to eat? How to prepare food etc.
Maybe have an ongoing vegetarian diet and recipe thread if we haven't one already?

I hope you can help.

Kind regards,
Woody

Altaira
3rd February 2015, 17:30
Hey Woody we might revive this old thread which didn't go far. I will rename it as a vegetarian cooking thread and we can start from there.
http://jandeane81.com/threads/244-The-new-Cooking-thread?highlight=cooking

Woody
3rd February 2015, 17:34
Hey Woody we might revive this old thread which didn't go far. I will rename it as a vegetarian cooking thread and we can start from there.
http://jandeane81.com/threads/244-The-new-Cooking-thread?highlight=cooking

Thank you Altaira that would be great.
Hopefully get some advice and practical tips on converting to a vegetarian diet.

Many thanks,
Woody

Altaira
3rd February 2015, 17:41
I love this thread Sarah, you are right that those who want to be vegetarians will know when they are ready to transition to it. I was meat eater 3 years ago but suddenly I realised that I will be healthier if I become vegetarian. It was very quick decision virtually overnight and since then I feel a lot healthier. My reasons for becoming vegetarian is that the meat available in the market is very polluted once by farmers who feed animals with all sorts of crap, gibe them hormones and antibiotics, and After that those who sell it use so much chemicals to make sure it will look fresh for longer. I don't really trust much organic meat at the supermarkets so it is safer to be vegetarian. I know veges are also a hazard but I think they are the lesser evil.

Woody
3rd February 2015, 17:48
Hi Altaira,
What foods do you eat now that you no longer eat meat?

Thanks,
Woody

That Guy
3rd February 2015, 18:06
All plants are carnivores, did you know that, they live by digesting of all micro organisms that die in the proximity of their roots, that is why healthy plants in nature are so good for us, they eat meat, lol.

Calabash
3rd February 2015, 19:39
Hi Woody

I haven't eaten meat for at least two years now and feel all the better for it. My favourite meal is very easy and quick to prepare. It's Roasted Ratatouille with Halloumi. I chop (keeping the pieces largish .5" x 2" maybe:

onions
courgettes
leeks
bell peppers
(that's the basic mix and sometimes I add:
celery
tomatoes
garlic cloves crushed
mushrooms

Mix them all up in a baking pan and bake them for 10-15 minutes (no oil or anything else)

Turn them through a few times and add a couple of packets of chopped haloumi and maybe some pesto/soy sauce or ginger and chilli (to ring the changes)

Back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes and the haloumi is golden brown
Serve on its own with some garlic bread or pitta bread.

Yum and very healthy

http://d1v30bmd12dhid.cloudfront.net/static/version2/content/dam/waitrose/recipes/images/r/0711r06.jpg/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.200.200.png

Tribe
3rd February 2015, 19:41
yum yum nom nom Calabash , when can i come over for supper ? xx

Calabash
3rd February 2015, 19:43
You have an open invitation Tribe x :) - Let me know when you are next in London and I'll also give you a tour of the estate. It's all of 5 metres and no that's not a typing mistake, although a slight exaggeration

NANUXII
3rd February 2015, 20:16
A friend of mine made me a puree blend of

Tomato x 1
Broccoli x 1
Asparagus x 5
Celery x 2

plus some other bits , it tasted really nice but the reaction my body had to it was phenominal ! i felt like i was out of my skin , the energy and brain function was off the chart !

i believe because of it being in puree made it easily absorbable by my body .. i mean it didnt even have time to hit my gut beofre it was sending me the good vibes.

N

Tribe
3rd February 2015, 20:19
ANUXII , I can relate , i always get that vibrational feeling when juicing or eating raw .. its what my body needs xx

Altaira
3rd February 2015, 22:37
Hi Altaira,
What foods do you eat now that you no longer eat meat?

Thanks,
Woody

Woody, first of all you could start eating things you love that can be cooked without meat. For example vegetarian pizza - you trow mushrooms and few types of cheese plus sweet corn and the vegs you enjoy. This is not exactly the healthiest food but will keep your mind away from the meat. Mushrooms are very good substitute for the meet so throw them wherever you can if you like them. Potatoes are the next comforting food you can cook them in many different ways. I personally never struggled with vegetarian meals as I am Bulgarian and our cuisine is very generous in terms of veg meals. Tomorrow I'll try to throw a few recipes in the other thread.

Altaira
3rd February 2015, 22:45
All plants are carnivores, did you know that, they live by digesting of all micro organisms that die in the proximity of their roots, that is why healthy plants in nature are so good for us, they eat meat, lol.

I don't really mind that , In fact I am not "religious vegetarian". I already stated why I am vegetarian so I don't really mid if the plats I consume eat a few bugs and present them in more refined acceptable form at my table.

Seikou-Kishi
3rd February 2015, 23:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7PlTaawfQ

"When we die, our bodies become the grass and the antelope eat the grass. And so we are all connected in the great circle of life."

:)

Would even the strictest vegetarian care that plants absorb nutrients from dead animals? Humans don't eat horse manure but we grow many plants in it.

monk
3rd February 2015, 23:26
I really have a bone to pick with "vegetarianism". How can anyone be an ethical boycotting veggie for reasons of animal suffering AND use technology when NO computer or phone has ethically mined coltan inside it? Its all made as a result of Human suffering.

modwiz
4th February 2015, 00:25
I really have a bone to pick with, "vegetarianism". How can anyone be an ethical boycotting veggie for reasons of animal suffering AND use technology when NO computer or phone has ethically mined coltan inside it? Its all made as a result of Human suffering.

Us vegetarians are not much good when it comes to bone picking.:) However, bone is a good metaphor for an opinion with no meat to it. Comparing animals reared to be killed and killed, with a human who is not raised to be killed and is not killed but, consenting to horrendous working conditions, is not a comparison at all. I cannot pretend you made any sense here. Only the metaphor of a meatless bone has any applicability here. Unless one wanted to use your "comparison" as an example of cognitive dissonance.

What people eat is their business. I made my choice 25 years ago.

monk
4th February 2015, 07:25
Ouch! Not raised to be killed? Yikes! I assure you Mod, they may not be raised to be killed (I think a lot are, the cabal loves sex trafficking and human hunting with blacks/browns because 1st Worlder countries are too racist to ever care about missing black/brown people) but their lives are still extinguished at a moments notice, and more often than not for trying to "de-consent to their conditions" as you put it....

De-consenting...hmmm that means getting an AK bullet in the back or a foot chopped off. I cant remember the last time I saw a farmer punish an animal by taking one of its legs and leaving it alive, or raping its wife and kids in front of it to "show it whos boss".

Yeah the suffering of Animals is a heartybleedy one indeed...

NANUXII
4th February 2015, 08:26
ANUXII , I can relate , i always get that vibrational feeling when juicing or eating raw .. its what my body needs xx

Yeah i literally was so wide eyed and revving , clarity of mind , very active and chatty , it was pretty awesome : 0) ( gees i hope he didnt spike it with anything ... )

N

Altaira
4th February 2015, 09:03
How about plants raised to be killed. How many plants are suffering simply because they've been grown in a very depleted conditions, e.g. lack of sunlight aka chemtrails, pesticides, water pollution, bad nutrition, human negligence, I could probably name a lot more. How about the genetic experiments on the plants and then they are forced to accept gm pollen because of the cross pollination with their gm neighbors.
I personally think that ethical standards here can be extremely subjective because of the nature of the ethic as a concept. Our moral concepts have been twisted in a way that we sometimes cannot distinguish right from wrong.

Anyway :back to topic:

Plant based diets can vary and my personal opinion is that individuals should start listening to their body and chose a diet suitable for them ( Tribe already said that and I strongly agree) because this is what their body needs not because someone thinks this is not ethical. We need to adopt different approach to food based on our clear understanding what food really is and why we need it. I do not deny the ethical side of the problem but this will be solved simply by trying to live according to the law of nature nurturing Gaia instead of exploiting it.

monk
4th February 2015, 09:31
Well Said Altaira, we the people for the most part aren't born with the ability to hear plants cry or scream.

SK made the most crucial of points and using Lion King no less, plants eat meat! Also technically it is not like the vegetarian's body is not consuming life, it is the vegetarian's wish to not add a particular type of bio-matter to a vehicle that already has to eliminate life round the clock to maintain immunity and keep the vegetarian alive to make such distinctions in the first place.

There really is a smorgasbord of Ethical Veggie Paradoxes! lol

Agape
5th February 2015, 00:40
The difference may be that if someone starts 'meat cooking recipes' thread no true vegetarian will care to poke nose in it ;) However 'Plant based diets' threads ( from all I saw on public forums ) tend to attract comical defence from meat eaters who feel somehow 'endangered' or even 'offended' by someones 'extremist' life style and ideas .

It's all given by upbringing , voluntary one or otherwise . Till recently , majority of Hindus in India were vegetarians for generations and generations,
with the philosophy of non violence and not taking life - unnecessarily - stretching back for thousands of years , in unbroken chain .
Among them there were countless long lived people , giants of philosophy and sciences , healthy living and thinking people of all kinds
( that much to the western medicines statement that human organism is unable to synthesise its own proteins from plants alone or supposedly, suffers some sort of deficiency in result ) .
On the other hand , in other parts of world where people lived in cold climates and their diets were based on milk and meat , sometimes meat alone ,
returning to 'plants only' became more difficult , physically but also mentally .

Even the principle ''thou shall not kill'' , suppose it extends to animal kingdom seems to be foreign to most people here 'in the West' even though most of them live so apart from nature that killing a rabbit for food could result efficiently , in psychological trauma for them .

I can't think of 'single recipe' for everyone in all those diverse human cultures . One that fitted me the best at certain time was Native American , Indian understanding of the life chain where anything living , plant or an animal is eaten with respect to its power and propensity , awareness of the order of things , thanks for the gift of life you lived and I've taken so you can continue living through me and me through you .

I often told people to recall how much work ( and how many people ) it took before a simple loaf of bread got on their table , these days . Tens or hundreds in chain, despite our very automatised society .

And I also believe that this world would be much better place with much less killing ... it's more an experience than a faith and not everyone do get it .

I'm not good in recipes though . They have beautiful falafel in the Lebanese restaurant nearby and if it was upon me , I could have that and some salad every day or other day and that would be fine with me . I don't focus on food a lot .

As what you call 'vegetarian' of more than 20 years .. I find disadvantage in milk products ..though I like cheese .., breads and cereals , sugar , salt , recently also oil , pure tap water makes me sneeze .

The best about not eating more than you need is refining your taste to the point where you know WHAT is it that you want/need to eat to make you healthy and happy , today . Not sure about tomorrow mostly , no care .

More Sunlight :sun:

norman
5th February 2015, 00:49
The difference may be that if someone starts 'meat cooking recipes' thread no true vegetarian will care to poke nose in it ;) However 'Plant based diets' threads ( from all I saw on public forums ) tend to attract comical defence from meat eaters who feel somehow 'endangered' or even 'offended' by someones 'extremist' life style and ideas .

It's all given by upbringing , voluntary one or otherwise . Till recently , majority of Hindus in India were vegetarians for generations and generations,
with the philosophy of non violence and not taking life - unnecessarily - stretching back for thousands of years , in unbroken chain .
Among them there were countless long lived people , giants of philosophy and sciences , healthy living and thinking people of all kinds
( that much to the western medicines statement that human organism is unable to synthesise its own proteins from plants alone or supposedly, suffers some sort of deficiency in result ) .
On the other hand , in other parts of world where people lived in cold climates and their diets were based on milk and meat , sometimes meat alone ,
returning to 'plants only' became more difficult , physically but also mentally .

Even the principle ''thou shall not kill'' , suppose it extends to animal kingdom seems to be foreign to most people here 'in the West' even though most of them live so apart from nature that killing a rabbit for food could result efficiently , in psychological trauma for them .

I can't think of 'single recipe' for everyone in all those diverse human cultures . One that fitted me the best at certain time was Native American , Indian understanding of the life chain where anything living , plant or an animal is eaten with respect to its power and propensity , awareness of the order of things , thanks for the gift of life you lived and I've taken so you can continue living through me and me through you .

I often told people to recall how much work ( and how many people ) it took before a simple loaf of bread got on their table , these days . Tens or hundreds in chain, despite our very automatised society .

And I also believe that this world would be much better place with much less killing ... it's more an experience than a faith and not everyone do get it .

I'm not good in recipes though . They have beautiful falafel in the Lebanese restaurant nearby and if it was upon me , I could have that and some salad every day or other day and that would be fine with me . I don't focus on food a lot .

As what you call 'vegetarian' of more than 20 years .. I find disadvantage in milk products ..though I like cheese .., breads and cereals , sugar , salt , recently also oil , pure tap water makes me sneeze .

The best about not eating more than you need is refining your taste to the point where you know WHAT is it that you want/need to eat to make you healthy and happy , today . Not sure about tomorrow mostly , no care .

More Sunlight :sun:

Ok Agape, I'll volunteer to be the specimen idiot who feels threatened by a vegetarian diet.

All I know, is that I've never seen a vegetarian carrying a hod or humping bales by hand. Why are the veggies I know nice gentle talking head types who pursue the most non physically demanding occupations and talk about the wonder of the technological age like as if there's still no one out there that grafts like a horse for a living?

I've studied as much as I can about nutrition and as far as I can tell, there's no way in hell a totally vegetarian diet can do more than make a person a very dependent passenger in life.

errr..... that's gone and done it...:fpalm:

oh, please don't say horses are veggies, or I'll kill something....................even if it's only a tomato.

monk
5th February 2015, 08:18
LOL! I cant talk about plant based diets because I don't agree with the "idea".

Makes sense.....Most tech using african slave ignoring veggies I know are so "sensitive to animal suffering" that they insist I eat my meat at home and not in front of them even though they ain't even eating it! The smell of ocean pie makes me sick but anyone's welcome at my house for one!

I apologise Agape if you feel I used this thread to launch pad my anti-hypocrite views. I have no wish to annoy you, just wanting to understand why animal suffering means more to veggies than that of humans and plants.

That Guy
5th February 2015, 08:42
or I'll kill something....................even if it's only a tomato.

Just,... at least,....try to,.........o god,......please, if you have to kill the tomato to survive, make it a humane killing, honor its life by consuming all or most of its remains, offer it prayers for its afterlife, be grateful to it and give what ever remains are left a proper burial, make sure its most prized and valued possessions are included in the grave and invite its beloved relatives to its funeral, they will surely appreciate this gesture.

http://youtu.be/sGl4btrsiHk

Breatharians, I wonder what they taste like:eyebrows:

Agape
5th February 2015, 20:47
Breatharians, I wonder what they taste like:eyebrows:

Chicken , definitely . One taste . That's why it's called Samsara , derived from sama=same , sarah=essence/taste . You get that experience couple of times when you start eating yourself from within ... it's either sweet or awful , nothing in between .

:p

Elbie
5th February 2015, 21:03
Chicken , definitely . One taste . That's why it's called Samsara , derived from sama=same , sarah=essence/taste . You get that experience couple of times when you start eating yourself from within ... it's either sweet or awful , nothing in between .

:p

from which language? thanks

please offer a reference upon answering.

That Guy
5th February 2015, 21:07

Ah, there is nothing that cant be fixed with tandoori, mint and lime, damn chickens.;)

I'am defenitely not on a just plant based diet, but I do love my slow juicer, I guess juicing a chicken is considered to be inhumane even when done slow.:smiley hug:

That Guy
5th February 2015, 21:10
from which language? thanks

please offer a reference upon answering.

Saṃsāra (Sanskrit: संसार) (in Tibetan called khor ba "སམསར", pronounced /kɔrwɔ/, meaning "continuous flow" and in Sinhala called sangsāra "සංසාර" meaning "eternal cycle"), is the repeating cycle of birth, life and death (reincarnation) as well as one's actions and consequences in the past, present, and future in Hinduism, Buddhism, Bon, Jainism, Taoism[1] and Sikhism.

According to the view of these religions, a person's current life is only one of many—stretching back before birth into past existences and reaching forward beyond death into future incarnations. During the course of each life the quality of the actions (karma) performed determine the future destiny of each person. The Buddha taught that there is no beginning to this cycle but that it can be ended through perceiving reality. The goal of these religions is to realize this truth, the achievement of which (like ripening of a fruit) is moksha or Nirvana (liberation).

In popular use, samsara [a westernized spelling] may refer to the world (in the sense of the various worldly activities which occupy ordinary, ignorant human beings), the various sufferings thereof; or (mistakenly) the unsettled and agitated mind through which reality is perceived.[citation needed]

Elbie
5th February 2015, 21:24
Saṃsāra (Sanskrit: संसार) (in Tibetan called khor ba "སམསར", pronounced /kɔrwɔ/, meaning "continuous flow" and in Sinhala called sangsāra "සංසාර" meaning "eternal cycle"), is the repeating cycle of birth, life and death (reincarnation) as well as one's actions and consequences in the past, present, and future in Hinduism, Buddhism, Bon, Jainism, Taoism[1] and Sikhism.

According to the view of these religions, a person's current life is only one of many—stretching back before birth into past existences and reaching forward beyond death into future incarnations. During the course of each life the quality of the actions (karma) performed determine the future destiny of each person. The Buddha taught that there is no beginning to this cycle but that it can be ended through perceiving reality. The goal of these religions is to realize this truth, the achievement of which (like ripening of a fruit) is moksha or Nirvana (liberation).

In popular use, samsara [a westernized spelling] may refer to the world (in the sense of the various worldly activities which occupy ordinary, ignorant human beings), the various sufferings thereof; or (mistakenly) the unsettled and agitated mind through which reality is perceived.[citation needed]

thanks that guy

tho i really wanted to learn out of where our 'same' draws from "sama" and from which "sarah" is essence, taste

derived from sama=same , sarah=essence/taste

Agape
5th February 2015, 22:08
Sanskrit Elbie , Sanskrit is quite a complex language with each syllable being possessed of many different meanings .

So of course you can find many different etymological explanations and definitions for every one word .

I am not really troubled by your mistrust in what I say since I've studied Vedas and Sanskrit many years before there was any internet available so also I'm not sure if all of the explanations I was ever offered from real life people , teachers, can be also found on the internet .

The root 'sama' denotes both self-alone , and equality , also equilibrium http://vedabase.net/s/sama , as in the 'wheel turning around to itself' , and ceaseless wandering , vis wiki ,

for Sarah http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_(given_name) there are again , countless explanations of which 'essence' is one .

Samsara meaning 'same taste' , or 'one essence' has deeper meaning , like everything else in Vedic philosophy , the true meaning is learned by your own contemplation and understanding rather than from books ( references ) alone .

I think it's about all i can offer at the moment . By the way , I'm not willing to teach anything to someone I'd not know well enough ,
I had to approach my teachers with folded hands for this purpose.

Good luck :tiphat: