PDA

View Full Version : Taking Oneself Out of Society

Coral
17th April 2014, 08:29
When I first joined here, I was keen to start a thread in regards to how I have taken myself out of society. And then I moved, so things went by the wayside.

Now that I am in my new abode, I am keen to write about how this came to be so. It was not a conscious decision. It started in 2010, and it continues in a sense where I have chosen not to interact with society in the terms that 'society' dictates.

And that is what it is...

It is a deprogramming, and a realisation, that there is not many people (not many, if any) in society that are not programmed.

I find strength in myself, because, I 'can' rely on myself.

I am wondering at this stage, whether there are other people, that have their own self-authority?

Sooz
17th April 2014, 08:43
Coral, I would love to hear your story...

The One
17th April 2014, 08:56
When I first joined here, I was keen to start a thread in regards to how I have taken myself out of society. And then I moved, so things went by the wayside.

Now that I am in my new abode, I am keen to write about how this came to be so. It was not a conscious decision. It started in 2010, and it continues in a sense where I have chosen not to interact with society in the terms that 'society' dictates.

And that is what it is...

It is a deprogramming, and a realisation, that there is not many people (not many, if any) in society that are not programmed.

I am wondering at this stage, whether there are other people, that have their own self-authority?

Great thread Coral and society does certainly dictate if we let it.Its quite strange how society can control the masses when there are so few of them but so many of us.I watched a programme once where they took 20 children out of the Amish community who had never been vaccinated or anything and compared them with 20 children out of the city who had.When they were all tested all the Amish kids were more healthier even though they had not been vaccinated or anything.I say this is because they are not attached to society like most and are not part of the system.

It really depends on what life you want to lead.Even though i must admit i am part of this system with all the gadgets i buy my children etc etc i know one day i will be at peace with myself and when i retire i am going to buy myself a nice little house in the country and grow all my own stuff.Well that's the plan anyway

Coral
17th April 2014, 09:04
Thanks for the interest Sooz.

I got to the stage where I could not relate to people. My honesty, did me wrong :). And I was always in the wrong...
Did I connect the two? No. I become tired of always being wrong.
So that left me in a space to really find out...what I was about, and was I as messed up, as people thought and venerated me as.

And so, I decided to do university papers...around and in psychology and such...
found that I was no more messed up than anyone else,
and decided....to leave it all to those that decide that they are 'ok.'

Then, with some foresight, decided to de-programme, look at the 'beliefs' that have been placed upon me, and decide, is this what I want?

And here I am.

modwiz
17th April 2014, 09:54

I have my own self authority and it takes dedication and knowing oneself. I rely on myself but find just the right amount good experiences with others, keep to myself and enjoy not being in an emotionally based relationship. I prectice good boundaries at all times. Authority and our boundaries have a working relationship. I consider myself living on the periphery of society or matrix.

Tribe
17th April 2014, 10:11
I found myself in 2010 feeling very disillusioned with my peers and friends , Felt like I was misplaced and didn't fit in I tried to adapt myself to the norm but it hurt and I felt isolated , I removed myself from my home town and started to become a recluse , I would take myself for walks in the woods and at home educated myself through the internet about many things but still longed for a set of friends who thought like I did , I spent time praying that I would be aligned with my highest truths in no time I found I would start meeting people out and about who had had enough of the game too and made some wonderful friendships . I now have a lovely group of friends in my life who support me and I with them . We all spend time doing off the grid activitys , we have made a very simple but sovereign life for ourselves , interestingly we are all drawn to nature and the seasons and celebrate it through the year! It is such a blessing :) xx

Sooz
17th April 2014, 10:24
Thanks Tribe, I am also extremely fortunate to have a couple of friends who are like-minded. They are my anchors in this crazy, old world.

One of them woke me up. Took some time though, I thought she was borderline, bat**** crazy for years!

Now I don't know what I would do without her.

modwiz
17th April 2014, 10:26
I found myself in 2010 feeling very disillusioned with my peers and friends , Felt like I was misplaced and didn't fit in I tried to adapt myself to the norm but it hurt and I felt isolated , I removed myself from my home town and started to become a recluse , I would take myself for walks in the woods and at home educated myself through the internet about many things but still longed for a set of friends who thought like I did , I spent time praying that I would be aligned with my highest truths in no time I found I would start meeting people out and about who had had enough of the game too and made some wonderful friendships . I now have a lovely group of friends in my life who support me and I with them . We all spend time doing off the grid activitys , we have made a very simple but sovereign life for ourselves , interestingly we are all drawn to nature and the seasons and celebrate it through the year! It is such a blessing :) xx

Sounds like a blessed life you have created for yourself. A delight to hear of it.

KosmicKat
17th April 2014, 11:17
Took some time though, I thought she was borderline, bat**** crazy for years!

When you can't hear the music the dancers seem as if they are crazy

Moonlight
17th April 2014, 11:56
I find that my challenge is to be out of the world, but in it. I cursed the 9-5 system that gave me a salary so I could "earn a living". I always thought that this made no sense and that it is not what life was meant to be. In time, I met people on my path who thought the same way and we started wanting a new way of life. The thing is, it had been so long that I did not think for myself, that I did not know what to think. So out to explore myself I went.

All along, I still cursed my 9-5 job, and still do. I have come to understand though, that it is where I am needed now. I am different in that crowd, but they know me and when something "strange" happens to them, they come to me. I am gifted with many deep human interactions that make it worth while being there. Yes, being there. I have found that my work is hidden in my job. This job will be ending in a year and my intentions are to be my own boss from that point.

There is a new energy pushing that will bring about much change. We all feel it don't we... Communities will spring into being soon, with the common good of all at heart. We will find new ways of getting along together and align the vision of what is needed, and what is not.

Tonz
17th April 2014, 13:55
Hmmmm, taking one self out of society,an easy thing to say,an easy thing to do,but perhaps not such an easy thing to be.

Since i was a wi boy ,my conflict was all about the contrary ,I had such a struggle to be a part of society and feel good about it. all ,but ,all my youth was the eternal struggle with that ''living against the grain feeling,,for me the against the grain was being part of society and its expectations.It was all so wrong!, I couldn't explain why, not even to myself, but it all was so wrong.

I did all i could to fit in,so many things were done just to be more acceptable for the other person. In many ways i forced myself to be a little skitzo,and at times even very skitzo, just to be like everyone else that were at ease with society.There was definitely something different about my self that needed discovering and understanding.Still to this day I feel that im not what I should be in many ways.

But hey life goes on so i decided to adapt to the point of balance,,,,,,,,a little for society, a little for me, a little for society , a little for me, this has proven to be a blessing as it has helped to give some sort of stability and willingness toward society leaving space for the other side of me that is in the clouds at times or deep underground in thought at other times.
Its an acceptable sorta method for now.
On that note I must say that alternative lifestyle is not an easy one, as stability can disappear , leaving yourself open for circumstances,truly a blessing if one is in tune with themselves to see all things as opportunity.
A real nightmare for someone who has to have a fixed plan to create confidence for the journey.
another would say with vulnerability one doesn't need confidence as they have their lucid selves to rely on.
key word ''lucid''.
Taking one self out of society can only be achieved if one can learn to give up much to gain the truth, most of it will be about ourselves, not all is pretty,not all is ugly,but once achieved, most is beautiful ,most is overwhelming self ,with eyes that see colours that move,ears that hear music in the wind and a smile that is endless.

Liberty
17th April 2014, 19:31
Thanks for this post Tribe. I find myself wanting a whole new environment with what I call my "soul family/friends, who love nature and are not addicted to the mainstream media, lots of devices, poor eating habits etc. Like you, I find myself longing for the kind of friendships that are based on being conscious of who we are as spiritual Beings and in a process of de-programming ourselves.

I also enjoyed your latest thread on food choices and how it changes your life...I have experienced this also. I find myself coming to the library every day now and thought it would only bed now and then but joining this group and searching for new horizons where I would like to relocate has been interesting and fun. I am happy you have made the transition to new, meaningful friendships and that inspires and gives me hope that my time is just around the corner!

Thanks,
Today:cloud:

Liberty
17th April 2014, 19:38
Great post Moonlight,

I feel the same way about the energies that are forcing us to "wake up" and live differently and finding others who want to be a part of something new and different. Something healthier and happier than what we have known and been conditioned to. This is a great thread and makes me feel that I am among "friends" here who understand and are in the process of change themselves and can help and support those of us in different stages. It is like the moth that turns into the butterfly and finds freedom.

Thanks,

Tribe
17th April 2014, 19:39
Thanks for this post Tribe. I find myself wanting a whole new environment with what I call my "soul family/friends, who love nature and are not addicted to the mainstream media, lots of devices, poor eating habits etc. Like you, I find myself longing for the kind of friendships that are based on being conscious of who we are as spiritual Beings and in a process of de-programming ourselves.

I also enjoyed your latest thread on food choices and how it changes your life...I have experienced this also. I find myself coming to the library every day now and thought it would only bed now and then but joining this group and searching for new horizons where I would like to relocate has been interesting and fun. I am happy you have made the transition to new, meaningful friendships and that inspires and gives me hope that my time is just around the corner!

Thanks,

Ahh Today , I wish you the best , I keep you in my prayers that your call will be answered and that your transition happens swiftly ! Blessings to you dear one :smiley hug: