PDA

View Full Version : It's time for a change and the time is NOW

Black Panther
7th April 2014, 20:52
Nice video of Jamie Dunmore
(21 year old aspiring Public Figure/Speaker/Activist that's trying to expand the human consciousness)

z4zFwyToywQ

modwiz
7th April 2014, 22:31
I made to 1:06. I certainly like the message. It was the too loud and intrusive music that made me stop watching. I'm sure it is a wonderful message. I am glad to see young adults speaking with passion about the global situation.

I really wish more video makers would use less music. Eseciallly any music meant to "enhance" the message. Music is a very abused medium for influencing how we feel about spoken material when it accompanies it. It is a matrix tool becuae of its effectiveness. A good message needs no enhancement, IMO.

Black Panther
8th April 2014, 17:20
I made to 1:06. I certainly like the message. It was the too loud and intrusive music that made me stop watching. I'm sure it is a wonderful message. I am glad to see young adults speaking with passion about the global situation.

I really wish more video makers would use less music. Eseciallly any music meant to "enhance" the message. Music is a very abused medium for influencing how we feel about spoken material when it accompanies it. It is a matrix tool becuae of its effectiveness. A good message needs no enhancement, IMO.

I wasn't really bothered by the music, but I do understand you.

I have seen a lot of movies and the combination of a good movie
with good music is creating synergy. Like it is with trailers.

It looks like he tried to use the music as a background sound.

modwiz
8th April 2014, 20:41
I wasn't really bothered by the music, but I do understand you.

I have seen a lot of movies and the combination of a good movie
with good music is creating synergy. Like it is with trailers.

It looks like he tried to use the music as a background sound.

We appear to have a slight difference of opinion about the music. The synergy is really enhancement of the message. However, a good message needs no enhancement, IMO. Attempts to enhance are manipulative. Trailers are trying to manipulate one to see a movie. Now, there is music in some vids that compliment the mood but, do not lend to "creation" of a mood or feeling.

lookbeyond
9th April 2014, 07:22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGwIhNLo-cs

Courtesy of my teenage daughter (read the lyrics!),

Reguards lookbeyond

Sooz
9th April 2014, 08:12
Glad to see more young people realising what is going on...

Sooz
9th April 2014, 08:19
We appear to have a slight difference of opinion about music. The synergy is really enhancement of the message. However, a good message needs no enhancement, IMO. Attempts to enhance are manipulative. Trailers are trying to manipulate one to see a movie. Now, there is music in some vids that compliment the mood but, do not lend to "creation" of a mood or feeling.

I agree Modz, there are so many times I listen to a well-intentioned message and the music is so loud, I just turn it off. The music is fighting with the words for theatrical effect and the audio (message) gets lost. Gets my goat up.:ireful:

It's too hard to concentrate between the message and the music blaring.

If I sound like an old fart, I am.:tiphat:

Tip: Quit the music and concentrate on the message. I know you all want to be creative but you are spoiling the message and people turn off.

It's as simple as that.

Edit: Good spoken words though.

BabaRa
9th April 2014, 17:05
I read all the posts before I listened to the video.

expected to hear harsh music; was surprised, not that loud for me. While I agree, music not necessary (and even somewhat of a distraction- for me), I remind, we all learn and relate differently.

Good message - that's important point and it will reach those that need to learn how it's presented.

modwiz
10th April 2014, 15:15
I read all the posts before I listened to the video.

expected to hear harsh music; was surprised, not that loud for me. While I agree, music not necessary (and even somewhat of a distraction- for me), I remind, we all learn and relate differently.

Good message - that's important point and it will reach those that need to learn how it's presented.

My take was that I would hear something good but, it would probably something I have heard or thought already. Possibly even something already being discussed by us. Very little is new to me and I know this. Consequently I pass on many videos and any discomfort with a vid setting makes me pass easier content that I will not be missing anything I am not in some resonance with now.

I am not the primary audience it is intended for.

It was not bad music at all. Just louder than I like when listening to it against speech.