PDA

View Full Version : Gratitude

Sooz
2nd April 2014, 07:21
I was moved today to write down all that I feel grateful for.

I know in the past when wonderful things have happened to me, I would mentally say to myself how lucky I am, many times a day, how much I'm grateful - truly, from the bottom of heart and I meant it.

Those thoughts and the feeling that generates, moves out into the atmosphere like ripples from a pebble thrown into a pond. It affects your everyday interactions, the smile you give to strangers, the way you interact with people in the supermarket, people you pass by on your daily walk, interaction with neighbours. You get the drift. Helping an older person get something off a high shelf, helping them to their car. Telling someone they look attractive in a new outfit, their smile, whatever. Finding and expressing lovely things about other people gives you a real, natural high. I try to do this every day.

Every now and then, I'm reminded to sit down with pen and paper (to put it into the physical), not just to think it. And be reminded of everything I am grateful for in the big scheme of things. And read it regularly to be reminded. It's easy to get caught up with other stuff - like how effed up the whole world is, and it is, but there is another personal dynamic at work.

First off, think about being grateful about the basics; like the bed you sleep on that so many on this planet don't have, running hot water when you have a shower, that clean towel to dry yourself off, having plenty of food in fridge, having electricity....really paying attention to it. IN THE NOW.
....and then move on to the other things in your life, your health, your family, that you live in a peaceful part of the world.

Most importantly, what motivated me to post this thread, was the wonderful virtual friends I have made over the years from PA and now here. Wonderful connections - funny, sometimes angry and we **** each other off sometimes - but human. Lovely messages people have sent me, music people have sent me. Relationships that continue by email. All people I've never met and in all probability, will never meet. But you are all very special and feel immense gratitude for that.

Thanks!

Love Sooz:unity:
x
(OK, that's enough soppiness for now, lol)

lookbeyond
2nd April 2014, 10:04
I really relate to your post Sooz and enjoyed reading it, tried it on my teenage daughter without much success- oh well..

Sooz
2nd April 2014, 10:24
Oh, I had to laugh lookbeyond...I have a teenager too. Falls on deaf ears I know.

But you know what? They may disregard what you say now, but it all goes into the memory box.

See what comes out some years down the road.

Liberty
2nd April 2014, 13:39
Hello Sooz,

I enjoyed your post as I had a chance myself yesterday to feel grateful for a lovely surprise. I get caught in the things I cannot fix but like you, I change the station and think of what I do have and it changes my energy and vibration as I go out in the everyday world. So "ditto" to your post and thanks for sharing it. All of us need inspiration to see the goodness and beauty around us.

Love to you too,
Today:cloud:

Tonz
2nd April 2014, 15:05
Usually your snappy, fast,at times outspoken,stubborn and strong sooz,
I love it,
and now and even more when your in a softy mood.:smiley hug:

BabaRa
2nd April 2014, 18:21
Too many things to post, but here's a few.

Everything that inspires me: Music, poetry, nature, good wine, good friends and good conversation.

Sitting on my deck (or sidewalk cafe) on a lovely day with good friends, a bottle of wine, good food - what a delight. Life couldn't be better. except if there were a sidewalk muscain playing something that touches my heart.

:swing: