PDA

View Full Version : The roles we play - and why.

BabaRa
2nd April 2014, 02:49
Most of us are playing roles - many of which were established in our childhood.

And we've been playing them for so long, we've come to see them as who we are.

More often than not, it's done on the unconscious level. And playing them keeps us locked into what we've come to call the Matrix.

Here's some of the roles:

Rescuer, Victim, Interrogator, Intimidatory, Poor me, Guru, Aloof etc.

Some of us consistently stay in one role. Others bounce back and forth between them.

Playing a role automatically attracts the person of the opposite role to you. Rescuers attract victims. Guru's attract followers. (And by Guru, I don't mean a true Guru. I refer to a wannabe guru. A true Guru isn't trying to find followers, they just come. A wannabe 'needs" to have followers, faithful subjects who don't question.

We can often see the roles others play, but can you see the roles you play? And are you willing to give them up.

modwiz
2nd April 2014, 03:48
I will say the the Celestine Prophecies with their 'types' of energy takers allowed me to see an aloof role I played in a soft manner. I say soft manner, because it is natural for me to stand off and take in my surroundings, this natural behavior created 'interest'. This worked for me and I began to practice it rather than just be it. I still engage in similar behavior but, with no intent for anything more than the 'space' I need to process the information swirling around me in a room.

I still play a role, on purpose, because it is all part of my creativity as a spirit in persona. I make my life as fun and playful as possible. I find plenty of possibilities.:D

BabaRa
2nd April 2014, 04:19
I will say the the Celestine Prophecies with their 'types' of energy takers allowed me to see an aloof role I played in a soft manner. I say soft manner, because it is natural for me to stand off and take in my surroundings, this natural behavior created 'interest'. This worked for me and I began to practice it rather than just be it. I still engage in similar behavior but, with no intent for anything more than the 'space' I need to process the information swirling around me in a room.

I still play a role, on purpose, because it is all part of my creativity as a spirit in persona. I make my life as fun and playful as possible. I find plenty of possibilities.:D

My feeling is as long one is conscious of a role they're playing, then - as you said - one isn't the role - it's just being used as a vehicle to maneuver more carefully through this maze we call life.

It's when we play a role to control another and/or situations that we lock ourselves into the wheel of repetitive patterns.

modwiz
2nd April 2014, 04:36
My feeling is as long one is conscious of a role they're playing, then - as you said - one isn't the role - it's just being used as a vehicle to maneuver more carefully through this maze we call life.

It's when we play a role to control another and/or situations that we lock ourselves into the wheel of repetitive patterns.

Lack of self worth plays such a huge role in roles.:p I see it all the time and the defenses that arise when called on it, or seen, often makes things worse. The matrix paradigm of success creates great inner stress with programming that makes us doubt ourselves. Organized religion is a big part of that programming. It is a set up where awareness and a desire to be free are the dismantlers.

ronin
4th April 2014, 16:42
We can often see the roles others play, but can you see the roles you play? And are you willing to give them up.

are we sure we can give them up in the physical realm?
are the lessons that are too be learnt and that is our experience?

whatever your journey is through life thats affects the self and others that must be the lesson.
that is what you came here to learn or teach!

what i have been pondering about lately is,people waking up!
waking up what does that mean to you,to be aware of the elite,the money the cabels.

but is that not their journey?

and what are we waking up too?

yes we may see energy now and again,have empathy,have more awareness about us but to what ends?

what if we go through life thinking ,yes i,m waking up but to hit another obstacle every time.

i have taken note that anyone who is on a spiritual path something bad happens to them!
why because ,whatever wants to knock you back down.

sure we become accustomed to our pain bodies for that is all we know.
whinge,cry,call out for attention.
we have all done it.
but when you actually see it in someone else it can be very sad and sickening.

i have become of the roles we play through years of being on the alt forums,losing friends because of the addictions and the pain body.

so when you say are you willing to give them up?for what?

each of us come to terms with our own spirituality at the right time.
it cannot be forced,maybe encouraged,but a lifetime of conditioning cannot be given up overnight.

BabaRa
4th April 2014, 17:02
each of us come to terms with our own spirituality at the right time.
it cannot be forced,maybe encouraged,but a lifetime of conditioning cannot be given up overnight.

I agree it can't be forced.

However, awareness of conditions can be brought to others attention - and sometimes that awareness helps them to make a decision that improves their lives and leads them upwards on the evolution spiral. Of course, if they are not ready to hear it, they won't, but often it plants a seed that further down the road begins to germinate.

The pain body, if not realized, becomes a great obstacle to conscious evolution and keeps one in the cycle of pain. It becomes a psychic parasite - that needs to be feed - and will push and goad the entity and everyone around them until it gets feed. . . And it's food is unhappiness and pain.

The beginning of stopping this cycle is awareness. . .

lookbeyond
5th April 2014, 02:25
I agree it can't be forced.

However, awareness of conditions can be brought to others attention - and sometimes that awareness helps them to make a decision that improves their lives and leads them upwards on the evolution spiral. Of course, if they are not ready to hear it, they won't, but often it plants a seed that further down the road begins to germinate.

The pain body, if not realized, becomes a great obstacle to conscious evolution and keeps one in the cycle of pain. It becomes a psychic parasite - that needs to be feed - and will push and goad the entity and everyone around them until it gets feed. . . And it's food is unhappiness and pain.

The beginning of stopping this cycle is awareness. . .

Hi Barbara, after "awareness" do you feel that to control the pain body, techniques such as releasing are appropriate?

My teenage daughter, seems to have plunged from awareness in to sadness and at times despair with re to her awakening, she is feeling trapped within the system which is also a developmental milestone of her age group but this goes much deeper, trying to help both of us manage our awakening

BabaRa
5th April 2014, 17:08
Hi Barbara, after "awareness" do you feel that to control the pain body, techniques such as releasing are appropriate?

My teenage daughter, seems to have plunged from awareness in to sadness and at times despair with re to her awakening, she is feeling trapped within the system which is also a developmental milestone of her age group but this goes much deeper, trying to help both of us manage our awakening

Yes, that's not an uncommon reaction at any age when someone begins to wake up to what the ptb have been and are continuing to try to do to us.

But I see the 'pain body' as a somewhat separate (yet connected ) issue. It is her pain body - in it's need for more food - which comes by way of pain and unhappiness that is making her feel this way. Just having the knowledge about the ptb and how society works could equally bring a sense of relief in the knowing of what has been happening. But I'm guessing her pain body is not allowing happiness and is constantly pushing her in the other direction as it feeds on drama and depression.

How to break free:

First the realization the you have a pain-body (perhaps compare it to the ego for her to understand)

Once it is recognized, it can no longer pretend to be you. (This is not me. See it as a negative parasite that has attached and wants you to fail to be happy- as it can't survive in a happy environment. It starves to death, without it's food of drama)

When you don't identify with it, the pain-body can no longer control your thinking.

One has to be aware, at every moment, of what they are thinking - and stop the story (thoughts) of misery.

Can you help her to recreate her story? Remind her of all the good things that have happened to her. Talk about them.

Releasing is always good. Hope this is of some help.

ronin
5th April 2014, 17:47
so you become aware of your pain body and see it in others!
you try to make the necessary changes to your lifestlye to make it work for you.

but you are continually attacked by people ,of witch maybe fulfilling their role in this lifetime.
do you bite back?would you bite back?or would you be humble?

empowering oneself means losing lots!

BabaRa
5th April 2014, 17:59
so you become aware of your pain body and see it in others!
you try to make the necessary changes to your lifestlye to make it work for you.

but you are continually attacked by people ,of witch maybe fulfilling their role in this lifetime.
do you bite back?would you bite back?or would you be humble?

empowering oneself means losing lots!

I don't see it that way, Ronin

When you disengage from an argument or fight, you don't lose anything - and you gain much.

You gain control of self - - the ego and the pain body lose - the spirit wins

The other person, may think they've won, but usually not - they are disappointed, because they WANT the fight - or they want you to apologize or agree they are right. When you disengage, they don't feel fulfilled. Their pain-body will do anything to try to get you to engage, it needs the food.