PDA

View Full Version : The Cures of Edgar Cayce and More!

PurpleLama
28th March 2014, 22:03
Ok, pressure from several quadrants have pushed for me to start this thread. The overall subject will be wholistic remedies for the conditions of the human body. I intend for this to primarily be a thread for discussion of remedies we have personally used, but if someone has a condition and are interested in alternative methods of treatment, then others may research and bring back information here.

Nothing in this thread should be construed as replacing BS allopathic medical diagnosis or treatment, yada yada, talk to your doctor if you have one, whatever. The mods can edit this disclaimer if they think it might stop us from being sued.

PurpleLama
28th March 2014, 22:09
Ouch. Man, from one parent of accident prone children to another, invest in some Cold Pressed Castor Oil, it is the balm for all wounds, a real miracle cure. I will start a thread one day about some of the remedies we use at the house.

Anecdotal evidence, if my four year old son hurts himself a little, he wants us to kiss it. If he hurts himself a lot, he asks for the castor oil.

The oil shares a similar property to quartz crystal, in that it will amplify energy. Combine that with the loving, concerned parent who is applying it, and you got your miracle right there.

The use of castor oil as a healing agent goes back to ancient egypt. I had not heard of its use in torture, but I can imagine the heat pressed variety might have some good application there. I have used it internally to no ill effect, well, no unexpected effect I will say. This "prescription" sounds like what I have said in reference to taking apple cider vinegar, that the stomach feels better just so it won't be threatened with more acv.

Above are quoted the two posts I was steadily derailing eelco's thread with. Following is a more lengthy answer to a PM from another member who purchased some Castor Oil.

Cayce said "Castor oil loves a wound" and I can attest to the veracity of that statement, and then some.

One tip, for starters, since you got a bottle on the way, when using topically and not making a pack/poultice out of it, always remember Less is More. Use one drop at a time, typically, rubbing the one drop into/onto the affected area completely before adding more. The reason for this, if too much is applied to the skin all at once, then a clearing reaction may occur and this can cause a break out.

Use the oil, one drop at a time, to remove moles/cancers, to heal any sort of acne/pimple/cysts, to lessen wrinkles on the face, for superficial scratches on the skin, pretty much anything unwanted, scars can be lessened/removed potentially as well. For an actual wound, use it pretty much like you would an antibiotic ointment, putting it on and around the wound and cover with a bandage. If it is a real bleeder, you may want to wait to apply very much to the wound itself, as it will soften the scab and bleeding may recur, but instead rub it into the skin all around.

Using wool flannel, packs can be made, which are typically used on the abdomen, but can be applied anywhere on the body. There are several protocols to follow with the packs, look up castor oil packs and see what uses they have, and if you need I will be happy to write out the directions for them.

When used on an injury, it does seem to reduce the associated pain rather quickly, even though it has no analgesic properties whatsoever. I believe this is strictly due to the remarkable effectiveness of its healing quartz like properties.

It may be taken internally as well. An adult dose is usually about 2 tablespoons, to be taken on an empty stomach right before bed. It is recommended, if taken internally, to take it 3 days in a row, followed by 3 days off, 3 days on, 3 days off, etc. Alternately, 7 days on, 7 days off. It is a powerful laxative. Once it starts working, sometimes its the 2nd or 3rd day before the "fireworks" happen, but once it starts you will feel like you stepped back ten or twenty years in time, physically speaking. It is seriously amazing. If you have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) or Chrone's disease, it might not be a good idea to take internally, and do the packs instead. But, barring that, it hugely beneficial. Don't be afraid of the taste, cold pressed and processed oil has almost no flavor to it, it is the hot pressed and pasteurized oil that has that nasty rancid flavor that our grandmothers used to scare us with.

Altaira
28th March 2014, 22:13
That's a wonderful thread PL. I just want to share how to treat a pink eye or conjunctivitis which according to my experience was cured with 1 application only. My son had conjunctivitis and I decided to put a drop of colloidal silver at he edge and rub it around gently. On the next day his eye was in perfect condition.

PurpleLama
28th March 2014, 22:21
That's a wonderful thread PL. I just want to share how to treat a pink eye or conjunctivitis which according to my experience was cured with 1 application only. My son had conjunctivitis and I decided to put a drop of colloidal silver at he edge and rub it around gently. On the next day his eye was in perfect condition.

I do not have extensive experience with colloidal silver, however there was this one dude who used to frequent the health food stores in the Jackson, MS area who's skin turned blue because he had taken so much of it over time. I have always wanted to get together a system to make my own colloidal silver, as it was indicated that for supplemental use it is imperative that the solution be freshly made, for the potential dimension gating effects it would engender, similar to taking ORMEs or ormus.

I am aware of its antimicrobial properties, but did not know it could be used topically on the eyes. That is very good to know, having small children at home.

The cold pressed castor oil can be used on the eyes without pain, according to one person I know who knows someone who used it in that fashion.

ronin
28th March 2014, 22:23
has anyone actually made and tried Ormus?
i bought some off e bay once and took it for about two weeks.

Amanda
28th March 2014, 22:50
A friend introduced me to Edgar Cayce via books. I have read two books and all I can say is Edgar Cayce possessed incredible esoteric/spiritual talent and should be studied by anyone who is interested. Edgar Cayce could be described as a person who was ahead of his time. Another person who was ahead of his time is Dr Weston Price - both knew the advantages of a healthy lifestyle with natural foods and natural healing for all our health problems.

Much Peace - Amanda

PurpleLama
28th March 2014, 23:04
I am a huge fan of Price, as well! He was in a whole other category than the Sleeping Prophet, being a scientist who truly was ahead of his time, whereas Cayce was more timeless, I would say.

It is a fact, that Cayce had a 100% cure rate for everyone who followed his instructions exactly.

ronin
28th March 2014, 23:10
should we be getting our pestle and mortars ready for the online cures and lost recipes?

PurpleLama
28th March 2014, 23:51
You will need a mortar and pestle. Everyone else I will refer to Heritage and Baar, two companies that are devoted to producing the Cayce remedies.

ronin
28th March 2014, 23:52
then let the teachings begin without any further ado.

1inMany
29th March 2014, 01:02
The Catholic Priest in town had cataract surgery, and somehow they botched his eye up. He said he put a drop of castor oil in his eye twice a day, and his eye was better after the oil than before he got cateracts. I've accidentally gotten it in my eye, trying to apply it to my eyelid for something else, and it didn't hurt a thing. Just thought I'd add.

1inMany
29th March 2014, 01:12
Then there was the time...I was shooting a shotgun out back. I didn't want to bother an old shoulder injury so I shot left handed. (I'm right handed.) The kick of that sucker gave me a hairline crack in one of my ribs. (Verified on xray.) Took me two days of painful breathing before I got over the embarassment of what a stupid thing I had done to tell anyone.

PL suggested a castor oil pack. Next day I was fine. I *love* Cayce's castor oil.

Seikou-Kishi
29th March 2014, 01:22
If it's OK, I would like to include something that I've used before to fight bacteria. It links in somewhat with the mention of colloidal silver. Another highly antibiotic metal is copper, and bacteria cannot live on copper surfaces. It's for this reason that hospitals use copper doorhandles.

One time I was miles out in the countryside far from other people when I injured myself. The wound was quite severe and I didn't have much on hand to sanitise it, but I had some water and rinsed the cut. Then I took the headphones I'd been using with my iPod and removed the rubber sheath from the wires. Then I took the lengths of copper wire and wove them into a gauze and used that to cover the wound.

I have the usual electric stills for distilling water, but I often use an old fashioned copper still. I use it for distilling other things, but also for distilling water when I want to take advantage of these two potent metals. Beneath the outlet pipe of the still I have a chamber in which I've layered gauzes made from woven strands of fine silver wire. As the water condenses and drips out of the outlet pipe, it passes drop by drop through all these layers of silver mesh until it falls into the solid silver pitcher.

I've considered making an alembic with the following properties: the alembic itself would be copper. The pipe delivering the condensed liquid back into the heating area would be helical so that on the outside I could expose the greatest area to the cold to encourage condensation, but the pipe would be filled with strands of silver wire. I would do this because placing the silver there would best take advantage of the spiral's maximal length and because there is an alchemical benefit in adding the silver as the fluid condenses again, secondly, the silver wires inside the spiral would maximise the ratio of surface area to volume, giving the condensate the greatest possible exposure to the silver. I think the reduced volume caused by the wire in the condensation pipe would make active cooling as with a frozen core more useful

I could equally do it by attaching a gauze to the lower end of the condensation pipe (where the condensate rejoins the bulb of the alembic) and filling the pipe with silver beads (which would be held in by the gauze). This is really only out of an interest to see how much effect I could get from these metals into the water. The form I've given above (with the copper still and silver gauze and pitcher) is very sufficient for most needs.

Just some ideas. If you want to take advantage of the antimicrobial properties of these two metals, there are many other ways. One way is to take a copper coin and clean it thoroughly and boil it in water (copper might be antimicrobial, but the crap that accrues on currency is not lol). Then place one or two of these coins in every bottle or vat of water you want to keep fresh (camping trips, etc). It needn't be pure copper, as copper alloys (brasses and bronzes) have the same properties according to how much copper they contain. I've spoken before of the particularly desirable qualities of brass, so I won't digress any further. Bronze too also has some great qualities, since it is the combination of the greater and lesser benefics.

Anyway, rambling no further here, I promise :-D

modwiz
29th March 2014, 01:29
If it's OK, I would like to include something that I've used before to fight bacteria. It links in somewhat with the mention of colloidal silver. Another highly antibiotic metal is copper, and bacteria cannot live on copper surfaces. It's for this reason that hospitals use copper doorhandles.

I have the usual electric stills for distilling water, but I often use an old fashioned copper still. I use it for distilling other things, but also for distilling water when I want to take advantage of these two potent metals. Beneath the outlet pipe of the still I have a chamber in which I've layered gauzes made from woven strands of fine silver wire. As the water condenses and drips out of the outlet pipe, it passes drop by drop through all these layers of silver mesh until it falls into the solid silver pitcher.

Very enjoyable post SK. Good stuff.:thup:

BabaRa
29th March 2014, 19:42
I too, have had great success with caster oil packs. Cold pressed caster oil, soft flannel cloth, heat on top. Never fails.

Originally called Palma Christi - here is info from Cayce's A.R.E. http://www.edgarcayce.org/are/holistic_health/data/repalma.html

Amanda
1st April 2014, 22:39
Not sure if Edgar Cayce advocated the use of onions but this is what I do - I cut an onion in half and leave it in a bowl I have three in various rooms in my home - they absorb bacteria. I have enormous external pressure/stressors in my life and should be catching every cold and flu that is in the air - I have not had a cold or flu for many years. I recall reading that doctors during the plague noted that homes where there was the presence of onions and garlic - little illness and no death.

As for Edgar Cayce and Dr Weston Price - I believe very much in their life work and the information and knowledge they have shared with humanity. When I am through my current battle I intend changing the education system. I have made some preliminary notes and have some ideas for a more open curriculum and I can guarantee that literature that embraces the topic of this thread will definitely be included as teaching resources.

We need to permit people to read widely and not just from a restricted list - I would include the subject areas of philosophy and ethics as a daily subject - to let students practice the art of thinking and thinking on a critical level as I truly believe this is where we start in an effort to heal our lives our society and our global community. Edgar Cayce spent the early years of his life dedicated to learning about God and the word of God - he tuned into the Universe to find answers and then shared them - imagine when we can all do the same!!

Much Peace - Amanda

Mars Planitia
2nd April 2014, 13:57
PL Great Thread bro, I'm on Ebay looking at the castor oil prices, getting a bottle today. Gonna try it on my eyes as mentioned by member by 1inmany. Cant hurt.

Hand Wart Remedy:
Apple Cider Vinegar w Mother applied to the wart daily, will turn the wart black and vanish in several days. My son from College tried it, it worked for him.

Seikou-Kishi
2nd April 2014, 14:29
PL Great Thread bro, I'm on Ebay looking at the castor oil prices, getting a bottle today. Gonna try it on my eyes as mentioned by member by 1inmany. Cant hurt.

Hand Wart Remedy:
Apple Cider Vinegar w Mother applied to the wart daily, will turn the wart black and vanish in several days. My son from College tried it, it worked for him.

Many essential oil retailers sell castor oil amongst their range of carrier oils, if that helps.

PurpleLama
2nd April 2014, 15:00
Heritage (http://heritagestore.com/) is the company I use for Cayce remedies. If you are using the oil topically and not for packs, a big bottle (http://heritagestore.com/categories/castor-oil-therapy/castor-oil-32oz-liquid.html) will last for years. I still have about 3/8 of my first bottle left.

I have been busy, but I will be adding much more to the thread in the near future.

Mars Planitia
2nd April 2014, 22:12
Has anyone heard of The Bates Method for improving eyesight. Looks promising (pardon the pun). And can anyone advise a book they can recommend, as there are many. Here's one i found so far of interest.
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/z/TKwAAOxyoahSXpQr/$%28KGrHqVHJBMFJGRIwrwkBS%28pQr,ml!~~_32.JPG?set_i d=89040003C1

PurpleLama
2nd April 2014, 22:39
Are you seeking to improve eyesight in general or to treat a specific condition? I seem to recall you mentioning cataracts, and if so, it will get a mention in the Alka Thyme post. Alka Thyme aka Glyco Thymoline is a cure/remedy for many things, cataracts being among them.

Mars Planitia
2nd April 2014, 23:24
Are you seeking to improve eyesight in general or to treat a specific condition? I seem to recall you mentioning cataracts, and if so, it will get a mention in the Alka Thyme post. Alka Thyme aka Glyco Thymoline is a cure/remedy for many things, cataracts being among them.

Don't think i have cataracts PL. I do have some killer floaters going on though. An Eye Drs. Appt. this coming Monday will determine it. I basically need and utilize reading glasses, and I would want to go Glass-Less soon, with the Bates method perhaps. As this is my intent. I'm currently at a 2.50 lens. My eyes seem to have worsened a tad with my age. PL Post the link to the Alka Thyme thingy here whenst you get a chance. Thanks

Tonz
3rd April 2014, 03:34
I have been very lucky with my eye sight at 48 with a nearly perfect 20/20 vision all my life,but in the last 6 mounths of returning to aus. that has changed and dramatically.
I will see if I can get an eye test today to be able to measure the rate of deterioration in the last 6 mounths ,and apply all of the above suggestions, and see what happens.
Other influences are the life changes I have made ,like location ,career and shortly, matrimonial (never been married ,but easier to explain using this term),changes that also happened and happening in this period, so yes a fair amount of stress,worry and lots of lost confidence ,an area that is rebuilding itself ,slowly but shorely.
I will let you know the progress....Guineepig 1. ( oh my spelling is worse than normal today.)

Calz
3rd April 2014, 20:18
Without going though the thread (forgive me) ... my understanding is that what Cayce pulled in from his medical "channeling ... dream state ... whatever" was remarkably accurate.

His prophecies regarding "other matters" regarding the "future of the world" etc much less so.

Again ... speculation that makes sense is that when the *intent* is pure and STO it is much more likely (at least in this case) to have value.

[if this has already been suggested then forgive me]

Kudos for wizards who share their time to remind us of this sort of information.

PurpleLama
3rd April 2014, 21:05
Without going though the thread (forgive me) ... my understanding is that what Cayce pulled in from his medical "channeling ... dream state ... whatever" was remarkably accurate.

His prophecies regarding "other matters" regarding the "future of the world" etc much less so.

Again ... speculation that makes sense is that when the *intent* is pure and STO it is much more likely (at least in this case) to have value.

[if this has already been suggested then forgive me]

Kudos for wizards who share their time to remind us of this sort of information.

It is true that Cayce's predictions, as it were, were mostly inaccurate. What is less commonly known, is that the channel itself cautioned against, on numerous occasions, seeking such information from such a source, much as Ra cautioned against using such a channel for the use of making material predictions all those years later. In spite of warnings, many people sought material gain and failed, many people sought information on the future and failed, but many people sought help for their bodies and got it almost every time (as long as the advice was followed, every time), and a wealth of cosmological information came from the so called life readings as well. It makes me cringe, every time I see some modern doom-n-gloomer fixating on the predictive material from Cayce, as- if I am not mistaken- the time frames have all passed for the predictions.

modwiz
3rd April 2014, 21:28
It is true that Cayce's predictions, as it were, were mostly inaccurate.

His prediction of Russia being a light to the world is looking like it might come true.

PurpleLama
3rd April 2014, 21:32
His prediction of Russia being a light to the world is looking like it might come true.

That has crossed my mind several times, recently. However, China being the new bastion of Christianity seems as questionable as it ever was. So it goes, ya win some, ya lose some.

Calz
3rd April 2014, 21:51
That has crossed my mind several times, recently. However, China being the new bastion of Christianity seems as questionable as it ever was. So it goes, ya win some, ya lose some.

Cayce was *deeply* grounded in a Christian belief system thus much of that must have filtered through ... again not when staying with medical information.

... and let there be no doubt ... he brought in medical information that was so accurate no one could have possibly known without some ... *help*.

So ... step back from a literal Christian interpretation (how has that changed since Cayce's time???) and consider the intent and "Christian values".

Shall we compare to what has happened stateside???

At least in regards to "government" and "leadership" ... between Russia and Amerika who has taken the "higher moral road"???

... all relative ... no saints come to mind ...

PurpleLama
3rd April 2014, 22:45
A true channel cannot bring in material that is too challenging to the instrument's belief system, this is true. It can be challenging, such as Cayce reporting on reincarnation, but not anything to the point that could have damaged his faith. I am personally of the mind that what Kryon says is essentially correct, that it does not matter how a person loves God, just that a person loves God. As such, any higher source of info would be respectful of the person accessing its material. IMO and IME.

Spiral
4th April 2014, 18:41
Two alternative "cures" that have worked for Mrs Spiral & I are home made colloidal silver, only used after contact with someone who has a cold etc or when the onset is felt, since we started using it a few years ago neither of us has had any illness at all.

At first I used a 6v battery connected to two 9.99 silver strips, now we have a proper "ionic pulser".

The other is Wild Oregano oil, it can be taken internally using capsules or put on the skin, it has got rid of marks that look like red moles that appeared from over exposure to the sun.

There are other things we use but I couldn't honestly hold my hand on heart & say that they worked, but then herbal type cures are usually subtle..........

(Trying out some organic thyme syrup atm :D)

Seikou-Kishi
4th April 2014, 19:04
What is the binomial of the oregano you use, Spiral? Also, could you give a brief description of the ionic pulser?

Spiral
4th April 2014, 19:34
What is the binomial of the oregano you use, Spiral? Also, could you give a brief description of the ionic pulser?

Thanks for the word wedgy :ok:

I have bought several brands of wild oregano oil, you basically get what you pay for quality wise, we were getting it from a well known producer/supplier in Canada at first but then started getting malware warnings on their site so switched to a shop in the UK, Bobby's healthy shop.

The ionic pulser (thats its trade name) is a small electronic box with two silver rods that you sit over a glass of water & in 20 mins or so its cloudy white with silver in the water, which I then drink.

Altaira
4th April 2014, 20:11
I made my own wild oregano infused oil with the herb I gathered this summer but haven't used it yet. I am going to incorporate it into cream for skin problems. I would imagine I can also use it internally but since it is not as potent as the oil extract the effect might be different.

Seikou-Kishi
4th April 2014, 21:25
I have bought several brands of wild oregano oil, you basically get what you pay for quality wise, we were getting it from a well known producer/supplier Canada at first but then started getting malware warnings on their site so switched to a shop in the UK, Bobby's healthy shop.

Absolutely quality is an issue every time, whether it's drinking water or medicine. What I meant to ask was the two-part scientific name of the oil you use. Origanum is an entire genus of plants.

Seikou-Kishi
4th April 2014, 21:31
I made my own wild oregano infused oil with the herb I gathered this summer but haven't used it yet. I am going to incorporate it into cream for skin problems. I would imagine I can also use it internally but since it is not as potent as the oil extract the effect might be different.

Well, in terms of using it as a component in creams... oregano oil itself can be very potent. The plant (which I suspect is the oil Spiral is referring to as well) is Origanum vulgare, and its oil is highly potent and will sting the skin quite readily. I am not one who believes every essential oil must be diluted (and happily take a lot of them internally, too) but oregano is one which would be much more appealing when diluted.

PurpleLama
4th April 2014, 22:26
I have been taking oil of wild oregano, purchased from a local vitamin store, on occasion, experimentally one might say. I cannot attest to it's effectiveness in treating any conditions, as of yet I have no conditions to treat. With small children in the house, it will have it's test when the next little bug gets brought home. A few drops under the tongue opens up the sinuses quite a bit, but I do love spicy food so it is more than fine with me.

lookbeyond
5th April 2014, 01:46
Two alternative "cures" that have worked for Mrs Spiral & I are home made colloidal silver, only used after contact with someone who has a cold etc or when the onset is felt, since we started using it a few years ago neither of us has had any illness at all.

At first I used a 6v battery connected to two 9.99 silver strips, now we have a proper "ionic pulser".

The other is Wild Oregano oil, it can be taken internally using capsules or put on the skin, it has got rid of marks that look like red moles that appeared from over exposure to the sun.

There are other things we use but I couldn't honestly hold my hand on heart & say that they worked, but then herbal type cures are usually subtle..........

(Trying out some organic thyme syrup atm :D)

Hi Spiral, just wondering, did you dilute the oregano oil for use on the skin and how often did you apply? Thanks.

Ive been using a pinch of sea salt with 2 drops wild oregano oil in cup warm water as a mouth rinse following brush/floss teeth, it really freshens gums/tongue.

My teenage daughter has been struggling with acne, ive been making her a bentovite clay face mask with 2 drops oregano oil which she uses daily, it has not cleared the acne tho may be preventing it from being worse than it could be, does anyone know of a better treatment for acne? Thanks for any suggestions,lb

Seikou-Kishi
5th April 2014, 03:35
Hi Spiral, just wondering, did you dilute the oregano oil for use on the skin and how often did you apply? Thanks.

Ive been using a pinch of sea salt with 2 drops wild oregano oil in cup warm water as a mouth rinse following brush/floss teeth, it really freshens gums/tongue.

My teenage daughter has been struggling with acne, ive been making her a bentovite clay face mask with 2 drops oregano oil which she uses daily, it has not cleared the acne tho may be preventing it from being worse than it could be, does anyone know of a better treatment for acne? Thanks for any suggestions,lb

Hi Lookbeyond

If you want to clear your daughter's acne, use a combination of ylang ylang and either tea tree oil or eucalyptus oil. You can use both tea tree oil and eucalyptus if you'd like, and you could add lavender oil too to smooth out the harsh edges of either/both and it would help with the healing process. The ylang-ylang will normalise the skin's sebum production helping prevent acne in the future.

The two essentials in this regard are ylang ylang and either tea tree or eucalyptus. As I've said, ylang ylang will normalise the skin's production of sebum, which is in overdrive in acne for hormonal reasons. It's best not to interfere with these hormones but just to wait it out. The tea tree or eucalyptus oil is used for their antibacterial effect, as acne is a breeding ground for bacteria. Both of them have the same menthol feeling of airiness and cleanliness which can't hurt on a psychological level, either.

I would be disinclined to continue using oregano oil for this as the skin is very sensitive in people going through puberty. If your daughter's skin is sensitive to the presence of oregano oil (which is likely), it will respond by producing its own "oil" in an attempt to dilute and wash away the oil, so the use of it may be exacerbating rather than remedying the acne. Lavender oil is always safe for use on the skin, even neat (ylang ylang, tea tree and eucalyptus are the same), so it can be used liberally as a way of soothing the skin and encouraging healing. Lavender is antibacterial in its own right, and is also analgesic and vulnery, helping to heal wounds and calm the pain from them. It would provide immediate relief in the case that your daughter's acne was causing her pain or discomfort, and it's power to remedy such pain increases with its severity.

Edit: If you want to insulate your daughter's skin against these wildly fluctuating hormones, geranium is a good oil to use. It is suitable for application when neat, too. The only problem is that it has a very potent scent, many times stronger than the already overpowering scent of the geranium flowers. Add some of this to the ylang ylang oil when applying to the skin and your daughter's skin will be protected from the brunt of the emotional changes she's experiencing. She'll smell like an ornamental garden, but she won't have the acne. The best idea is to add it in small amounts to the ylang ylang oil, as that oil has a very pleasant scent.

modwiz
5th April 2014, 04:55
Hi Lookbeyond

If you want to clear your daughter's acne, use a combination of ylang ylang and either tea tree oil or eucalyptus oil. You can use both tea tree oil and eucalyptus if you'd like, and you could add lavender oil too to smooth out the harsh edges of either/both and it would help with the healing process. The ylang-ylang will normalise the skin's sebum production helping prevent acne in the future.

The two essentials in this regard are ylang ylang and either tea tree or eucalyptus. As I've said, ylang ylang will normalise the skin's production of sebum, which is in overdrive in acne for hormonal reasons. It's best not to interfere with these hormones but just to wait it out. The tea tree or eucalyptus oil is used for their antibacterial effect, as acne is a breeding ground for bacteria. Both of them have the same menthol feeling of airiness and cleanliness which can't hurt on a psychological level, either.

I would be disinclined to continue using oregano oil for this as the skin is very sensitive in people going through puberty. If your daughter's skin is sensitive to the presence of oregano oil (which is likely), it will respond by producing its own "oil" in an attempt to dilute and wash away the oil, so the use of it may be exacerbating rather than remedying the acne. Lavender oil is always safe for use on the skin, even neat (ylang ylang, tea tree and eucalyptus are the same), so it can be used liberally as a way of soothing the skin and encouraging healing. Lavender is antibacterial in its own right, and is also analgesic and vulnery, helping to heal wounds and calm the pain from them. It would provide immediate relief in the case that your daughter's acne was causing her pain or discomfort, and it's power to remedy such pain increases with its severity.

Edit: If you want to insulate your daughter's skin against these wildly fluctuating hormones, geranium is a good oil to use. It is suitable for application when neat, too. The only problem is that it has a very potent scent, many times stronger than the already overpowering scent of the geranium flowers. Add some of this to the ylang ylang oil when applying to the skin and your daughter's skin will be protected from the brunt of the emotional changes she's experiencing. She'll smell like an ornamental garden, but she won't have the acne. The best idea is to add it in small amounts to the ylang ylang oil, as that oil has a very pleasant scent.

This is expert and well considered advice. The language it was offered in was equally expert, IMO. Ylang is amazingly potent against any moist skin eruptions. Eucalyptus and ylang (Saturn and Venus respectively) are a wonderful combination of scent and effectiveness. Ylang lending body to the airy euc, and the euc bring some space to the dense floral tones of ylang. Tea tree is a wonder in endless applications. These three oils are the best choice for acne.

We are blessed to have you share your informed knowledge with us SK.:hugs:

lookbeyond
5th April 2014, 06:49
Thankyou SK, i will buy these oils Monday. I appreciate such an in depth reply. If either yourself or someone else who knows how to apply them would tell me please as i am a novice with re to essential oils. Should i add a certain number of drops into water or a base or are they applied neat and do you wipe off excess or leave,is this once a day, thanks again, lookbeyond

Sooz
5th April 2014, 07:01
My teenage daughter has been struggling with acne, ive been making her a bentovite clay face mask with 2 drops oregano oil which she uses daily, it has not cleared the acne tho may be preventing it from being worse than it could be, does anyone know of a better treatment for acne? Thanks for any suggestions,lb[/QUOTE]

Hi lookbeyond,

You are lucky that your daughter allows you treat her acne, my son refuses all my attempts of the myriad of treatments I have stashed in my first aid kit.

He seems to want to wear his pimps as a badge of manhood - 'hey I'm hormonal dude', lol...

Suppose boys are different from girls (hey, that's a revolutionary statement).

Seriously, I would also recommend a high grade manuka honey to dab on. But my money would be on SK's remedies, the man is a bloody encyclopaedia of information.

Hi SK!:D

Spiral
5th April 2014, 08:27
In response to the above posts re wild oregano oil, yes its Origanum Vulgare , (it grows wild around the Mediterranean ) & it is VERY strong, I would think twice about using it on children, or thin it with a good olive oil. (It comes already mixed in olive oil (aka carrier oil) normally, about 1:4 for a good one )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregano

A drop on the finger rubbed into what appeared to be possibly skin cancer made it disappear in a couple of weeks, this was on the arm though & for acne SKs advice sounds like the better path to follow for treatment, that chep really knows his onions.

Acne type symptoms also are a feature of dairy intolerance, which is one of the most common allergies/ intolerances, it would be worth ditching milk & cheese for a couple of months to see if it makes a difference if the acne is particularly bad.

ronin
5th April 2014, 11:56
after seeing the effects of Manuka honey on my son who has psoriasis i would defiantly give this a try.
he started out with 15+ but is now trying 12+.

we found a deal on amazon 2 for £17,normally it would be one for the same price.

one teaspoon 3 times a day mixed in with food or a drink for a month and then it takes affect.

i mentioned this to a guy at work who has the same condition and he just totally ignored the concept,preferring to use pharmaceutical remedies.
his hair is falling out and the redness on him looks sore.

but what can i say,only Manuka works for psoriasis and i,m pretty sure it will work for acne.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006DI6EIU/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Moonlight
5th April 2014, 12:53
I find that the use of essential oils is very personal. I personally do not enjoy the smell of Ylang-Ylang, although I recognize its power, so it would not be my first choice to use as a facial cream. I would say bring your daughter to a health/herbal shop and go on a smell fest and see what speaks to her. The quality of the essential oil is also very important.

I personally would prefer rosewood (aniba rosaeodora), palmarosa (cymbopogon martini), lavender (lavandula spica or latifolia). I would also choose a calendula oil base (calendula officinalis) or water. It can take a while when you are making your own to know how many drops to use of each HE chosen, what oil base is best, etc. But it is fun to experience.

In my area, there are a couple of herbalist that make very, very nice facial creams and oils, soaps, etc. Maybe you can find one in your area ?

Coming back to calendula... my favorite of all. It grows easily everywhere and is very generous. I call her "ma belle douce". It also re-seeds itself when you leave a couple of flowers make their seeds. It is easy to harvest, just pop the flower off when it's in full bloom. It is easy to dry... I place them in a brown paper bag in which I have punched holes... and on a windy/dry day, I hang the bag on the clothes line. You can make oil with it (I use a base of good quality olive oil), water (place the flowers in water, under the sun... or moon, with a couple of crystals in), or you can drink as tea.

http://www.clefdeschamps.net/tour/articles/article.php?ArticleId=07

Seikou-Kishi
5th April 2014, 20:27
that chep really knows his onions.

God I love onions :D

"By the way, Spiral, oh my God, these onions, these onions Spiral, oh my God, these onions, oh my God!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rhYV6fk75Y

lookbeyond
5th April 2014, 23:11
Ill add manuka honey to my shopping list, thanks Ronin.
Moonlight, also thankyou for your post, many good ideas in there,k

Seikou-Kishi
5th April 2014, 23:19
Ill add manuka honey to my shopping list, thanks Ronin.
Moonlight, also thankyou for your post, many good ideas in there,k

Manuka honey tastes absolutely delicious. You shouldn't have any trouble getting her to take it :D Though she might be less inclined to slather it on her face lol.

Altaira
6th April 2014, 20:06
Well, in terms of using it as a component in creams... oregano oil itself can be very potent. The plant (which I suspect is the oil Spiral is referring to as well) is Origanum vulgare, and its oil is highly potent and will sting the skin quite readily. I am not one who believes every essential oil must be diluted (and happily take a lot of them internally, too) but oregano is one which would be much more appealing when diluted.

The plant I used was Origanum Vulgare which I have in abundance near my mountain house in Bulgaria. I made oregano infused oil and the method I used was maceration which made the oil less potent, I tested it on my skin and it doesn't sting, now I started using it on my son's eczema patches. He is fine with it.

As ronin mentioned manuka honey I have to mention that 10 days ago my son had runny nose and some symptoms of cold. In this case I use manuka honey mixed with olive leaves powder 2:1 and I give him 1 tsp twice a day. The cold disappeared within a day or two and all symptoms cleared in 4 days, there was no complications such as cough. But I also noticed that his eczema which was very aggravated prior to the cold cleared as well. This make me thing the combination manuka honey + olive leaves powder works for inflamed eczema skin as well. I stopped giving him the mixture on the fourth day after the cold appeared but since I noticed the other effect I decided to start it again for a week and see whether the skin will clear completely.

lookbeyond
6th April 2014, 23:54
Oh interesting Altaira, would i be able to replace olive leaves powder with something i can buy in health food shop, eg olive leaf extract?I hav a younger child who is asthmatic and has exzema also, thanks lookbeyond

lookbeyond
7th April 2014, 00:00
Spiral, thanks for the thoughts about dairy.
I will try the oregano oil on my supposed sunspots also!

modwiz
7th April 2014, 00:17
Many laundry detergents are perfumed. As are softeners and those stinky little papers that people put in their dryers as well. These perfumes, are toxic. Breathing and skin problems can, and do, frequently arise with no connection made.

I have to place sheets over many a clients clothes when I work on them. I would have to leave the room otherwise as my mucous membranes become very irritated by these chemicals. I often know I will have to do this before the session begins because I can smell the perfume behind the closed door before I enter the room, or I picked it up during the intake part of the session.

The toxicity of these chemicals is established. Like poison ivy, some are unaffected.

lookbeyond
7th April 2014, 00:34
Thankyou Modwiz, a good point, i do an extra rinse on all washes. If any one has any ideas for a detergent which actually works and is non toxic removes stains and odour, i would b interested. I recently looked at a brand online in Australia "Bosistos" which is based on eucalyptus, tho it is not completely natural. I hav so much washing at my house that hand scrubbing with a soap is not viable..

Melidae
7th April 2014, 03:01
Try soap nuts. I get mine from Laundry Tree http://www.laundrytree.com/.

They are actually the fruit of a tree that grows in the Himalayas...dried...no scent...biodegradable...and they really work!

Been washing clothes and cleaning my house with soap nuts for years since I'm allergic to most scents and chemicals.

Altaira
7th April 2014, 08:03
[QUOTE=lookbeyond;18806]Oh interesting Altaira, would i be able to replace olive leaves powder with something i can buy in health food shop, eg olive leaf extract?I hav a younger child who is asthmatic and has exzema also, thanks lookbeyond[/QUOTE

Both me and my son had asthma which dissipated two years ago when I started reading the labels the supermarkets and avoid every chemical in the food. I mainly buy organic food not from the supermarkets plus most of the rest of the food I get from the nearest farm. We both don't drink milk he is 95% dairy free however I buy raw milk and make milk kefir for myself. I think my asthma disappeared when I became vegetarian and included lots of dark green veg in my diet.

I know for sure that my son's eczema disappears every summer as we spend at least a month in Bulgaria where there is a lot of sunshine and also we go to the seaside there. Black sea has higher content of Cystoseira barbata a seaweed which is claimed to be rich in iodine and some other trace minerals.From this experience I think my son is mineral deficient and this is the next thing I am going to tackle. In addition I make the creams that I use for his eczema patches and think this is the best way.

As about olive leaf extract I bought olive leaves from amazon and ground them into powder. I personally prefer to see the herb as I don't really trust manufacturers.

Tonz
8th April 2014, 13:16
Well , I had my eyes checked and after all there machines to determinant that i have the first stages of near sightedness or the lack of it ,is more the truth. so tomorrow i will begin with caster oil, with i guess a wipe cloth over my eyelids for a while with a few drops,or maybe even a drop in my eyes,hmmmmm not shore, will have to study a little first.

ronin
8th April 2014, 15:12
you don,t think Edgar had a cure for piles do you?
they get bloody sore sometimes:(

PurpleLama
8th April 2014, 16:03
you don,t think Edgar had a cure for piles do you?
they get bloody sore sometimes:(

http://www.edgarcayce.org/IntSearchHealthDatabase/data/prhemo3a.html

This the proportion in the preparation of Tim:
As we find, there are other properties much preferable in the use of same than the old formula. Here's the better formula:
To 1 ounce of oil of butterfat, add:
Tincture of benzoin, 10 minims
Atomidine, or atomic iodine, 5 minims (or iodine, though atomic iodine is that with the poison out-but plain iodine is not as expensive as the Atomidine)
Powdered tobacco or snuff, preferably the snuff-the powdered, 3 drams
Stir well together. Preferable that this never be put in tin, but rather in the porcelain or glass; and should be in an ounce or ounce and a quarter hexagon-shaped jar, preferably. The directions would be to apply as an ointment to affected portions once or twice each day. Rest as much as possible after application, with the feet elevated above the head. It'll cure it! 1800-20

PurpleLama
8th April 2014, 16:46
Well , I had my eyes checked and after all there machines to determinant that i have the first stages of near sightedness or the lack of it ,is more the truth. so tomorrow i will begin with caster oil, with i guess a wipe cloth over my eyelids for a while with a few drops,or maybe even a drop in my eyes,hmmmmm not shore, will have to study a little first.

Don't know if you heard of Edgar Cayce , but one of the reasons he gave for myopia is that the bones in your cervical (neck area) column could be misaligned, thereby causing a strain in your optical nerve. This could be what is happening to you. Maybe that is why when you tilt your head, you can see fine, maybe the pressure is being relieved when you do that. Try the Edgar Cayce neck exercises.

In a trance, Cayce told his young secretary that the headaches were caused by eyestrain resulting from de*flected circulation due to bad posture. Besides telling her to throw away her glasses and do some electrical stimulation with the Violet Ray,b he suggested head and neck exercises.

Twice a day Gladys was instructed to move her head up and down (chin to chest) slowly three times; to the right, three times; to the left three times: then neck rolls clockwise and counter-clockwise (three times each). Cayce would go on to explain the neck exercise as it was often prescribed.

When we remove the pressures of the toxic forces we will improve vision. Also the head and neck exercise will be most helpful. Take this regularly, not taking it sometimes and leaving off some*times, but each morning and each evening take this exercise regularly for six months and we will see a great deal of difference... Don 't hurry through it, but take time to do it. You will get re*sults.

below is some Cayce info I found on the internet which might be of help:

In Reading 341-28 for a 21-year-old with myopia, Cayce suggested that the head and neck exercises would equalize circulation to carry the rebuilding forces and remove used forces that affected sight. He cautioned her not to do these exercises merely as rote.

If this is done with a purpose, and with the intent that goes with same, then much more should and will be accomplished. In six weeks there should be all the change as would be desired.

It can be easily understood that lack of circulation in the head and eyes could cause vision problems. Cayce pointed to the functioning of the spine as the major cause. In 50 of the cases analyzed by this author, he al*ways traced the cause of eye problems to the spine.

http://curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1526531

PurpleLama
8th April 2014, 21:29
I will stand by castor oil for the diminishing/removal of all manner of skin ailments, warts, moles, cancers, pimples, acne, and so on. I would like to emphasize once again, to use it mindfully, thinking positive thoughts, like Cayce would have recommended something to the effect of thinking about how a beautiful body gives glory to the creator, or something like that. Castor oil is very responsive to the "energy" of a person. Hence, the pain relieving quality that comes into play when the concerned parent uses it on the injured child, a scenario played out weekly at my house.

That being said, it is by no means the only natural product with healing properties.

Carry on. I like the way this thread is shaping up.

PurpleLama
8th April 2014, 21:49
I will be trying this product (http://www.baar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=001&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=LNG&Product_Code=321) for allergies/hayfever symptoms, for my 4 year old son, mostly. It is recommended for most respiratory ailments, asthma, bronchitis, heck, even for TB.

modwiz
8th April 2014, 21:51
I will stand by castor oil for the diminishing/removal of all manner of skin ailments, warts, moles, cancers, pimples, acne, and so on. I would like to emphasize once again, to use it mindfully, thinking positive thoughts, like Cayce would have recommended something to the effect of thinking about how a beautiful body gives glory to the creator, or something like that. Castor oil is very responsive to the "energy" of a person. Hence, the pain relieving quality that comes into play when the concerned parent uses it on the injured child, a scenario played out weekly at my house.

That being said, it is by no means the only natural product with healing properties.

Carry on. I like the way this thread is shaping up.

I am going to experiment with the castor oil I have from you. I have used tea tree to remove any number of skin things, including something growing on my eyelid that is now gone. It had been there for a few years and was growing. However, neat tree tea causes a little dermatitis with itching. I get as much Sun as I can every warm season. Little moles develop and I remove them with tea tree, with the short term dermatitis.

So, a remedy without itching would be very welcome. Whether I can find it while packed up for my impending move back into my tent is the question. Since I am moving in about two weeks, that would be the longest time before I can begin my tests. Just in time for more Sun too.:thup:

This thread is forming very well.

Seikou-Kishi
8th April 2014, 23:32
If you don't like the itching of tea tree oil, go for oregano. It's much more of a sting than an itch ;-)

lookbeyond
9th April 2014, 00:18
Melidae, thanks for the reminder of soap nuts, i had completely forgotten about them!

Altaira, yes i agree about diet being an important factor in asthma control, good idea re olive leaves, think ill plant an olive tree..

SK, the manuka honey is being applied internally and externally! and most of the oils recommended have been commenced (ylang,ylang on order) I even managed to get a safe aromatherapy candle with ylang ylang oil for her use in her room while she studies.

Ronin, you brave man of disclosure!

Last but not least PurpleLama, thankyou for the link re the inhalation remedy, im going to see if there is a place in oz that may stock this, certainly worth trying. Also would like to thank you for starting this great thread, its interesting, my lovely mother used to read Cayce, he was my first "port of call" and i feel ive moved sooo far from home since i found Avalon forum, its really good to get back to basics and "home"

lov lookbeyond

Moonlight, i bought a herbal remedy calendula cream for my daughters daily moisturiser and my littly uses it on her eczema patches, thankyou, it is a calming cream, i think ill follow your suggestion and plant a calendula and learn to make a cream, lov lb

modwiz
9th April 2014, 00:56
I will share a sunburn remedy that came to me. It is two ingredients, aloe vera and white willow bark. I happen to use a poplar species called a 'quaking aspen' (populus tremuloides). It is all about the salicylates in the inner bark, which have anti-pyretic (fever/heat reducing) properties. As well as some mucilage which helps seal the skin and prevent moisture loss. Aloe vera gel is a refrigerant (cooling) has steriodal saponins that greatly increase healing time as well as a mucilaginous property.

Soak the bark in cold water for at least an hour. More time increases the salicylate content. A taste of the water gives ine a sense of the decoction. (It should taste asprin-ish) Mix these together in equal proportions and apply to the skin. Relief is a few hours away.

I have used this on myself and the few others who were "daring" enough to relieve their pain. I had come home one day with a bad sunburn and the Sun poisoning that results from all of the toxins and debris resulting from the Sun damage. Application of Will-Away (my name for it) immediately begins to halt or greatly decrease heat production and moisture loss. As soon as the heat resides the tissue begins repair, assisted by the saponins in the aloe. My sunburn had me with chills and a shaft of sunlight on the skin cut like a knife. I applied the will-away and lay down from the heat exhaustion and napped. When I awoke all traces of Sun poisoning were gone and I could even slap my skin with little discomfort. By the next day, I was fine.

A friend of mine fell asleep drunk on the beach, something an Irishman should never do, and was in quite a lot of trouble at days end. Still drunk, the pain had not set in. I offer him a bottle, he laughed and splashed some on one arm to amuse me and handed the bottle back to me. I saw him a few weeks later. He ended up in bed for three days with Sun poisoning. The only part of his body that did not hurt him was where he had splashed on the will-away. He said he would take my "remedies" more seriously in the future.

Tonz
9th April 2014, 13:09
thankyou ,PurpleLama, the suggestions by cayce connecting the spine to vision, with neck and head intentional movements at a slow pace to allow more circulation to the head stemming from the obvious blockage from the spine is interesting as i have practiced yoga on and off for 15 years an whats is suggested is common movements,standard techniques in yoga.

as most cures or suggestions by cayce they are quit simple.

ronin
12th April 2014, 11:02
I will share a sunburn remedy that came to me. It is two ingredients, aloe vera and white willow bark. I happen to use a poplar species called a 'quaking aspen' (populus tremuloides). It is all about the salicylates in the inner bark, which have anti-pyretic (fever/heat reducing) properties. As well as some mucilage which helps seal the skin and prevent moisture loss. Aloe vera gel is a refrigerant (cooling) has steriodal saponins that greatly increase healing time as well as a mucilaginous property.

Soak the bark in cold water for at least an hour. More time increases the salicylate content. A taste of the water gives ine a sense of the decoction. (It should taste asprin-ish) Mix these together in equal proportions and apply to the skin. Relief is a few hours away.

I have used this on myself and the few others who were "daring" enough to relieve their pain. I had come home one day with a bad sunburn and the Sun poisoning that results from all of the toxins and debris resulting from the Sun damage. Application of Will-Away (my name for it) immediately begins to halt or greatly decrease heat production and moisture loss. As soon as the heat resides the tissue begins repair, assisted by the saponins in the aloe. My sunburn had me with chills and a shaft of sunlight on the skin cut like a knife. I applied the will-away and lay down from the heat exhaustion and napped. When I awoke all traces of Sun poisoning were gone and I could even slap my skin with little discomfort. By the next day, I was fine.

A friend of mine fell asleep drunk on the beach, something an Irishman should never do, and was in quite a lot of trouble at days end. Still drunk, the pain had not set in. I offer him a bottle, he laughed and splashed some on one arm to amuse me and handed the bottle back to me. I saw him a few weeks later. He ended up in bed for three days with Sun poisoning. The only part of his body that did not hurt him was where he had splashed on the will-away. He said he would take my "remedies" more seriously in the future.

what came to mind Modwiz was the method of the ingredients.
do you mix the the bark pulp or the water?
are you able to make it beforehand and store it for the summer months?
photo,s and method would be a great contribution for all recipes :h5:

Sooz
12th April 2014, 11:23
Thanks for the tip with castor oil. I have a funny little spot on my foot where it meets with my sandal strap. Had it for 2 years, it comes and goes. Started with a mozzy bite. And of course I keep scratching it.

Been treating it with tea tree oil, it clears up and dries it out, but then it gets itchy, like a dermatitis.

I will try it with a bit of castor oil and let you know. I hope it works because it's driving me nuts!:)

modwiz
12th April 2014, 11:26
what came to mind Modwiz was the method of the ingredients.
do you mix the the bark pulp or the water?
are you able to make it beforehand and store it for the summer months?
photo,s and method would be a great contribution for all recipes :h5:

Your question will let me expand a little on my original post. One hour is an asbsolute minimum soaking time, IMO. (Which matters a lot here, lol, since this is something that came to me when certain aspects of herbalism collided in a perfect storm of concept. The recipe is original.) More soaking time is better although there is a period of max reasonable release of the salicylates and mucilage from the bark to the water. I have not made it in years because I have not needed it. I do have a small aloe vera bottle with me and the poplar tree I like to use grows 10 meters from my tent. If I need it it's there.

If I were to experiment further, it would involve putting the bark and water into a blender and then straining it through a paper coffee filter. That would allow the bark/water part to be prepared in minutes. Maybe. Sounds logical but I am not sure if the mucilage and salicylates would dissolve enough to release into the water. They are important to the magic. Anyway, mix with an equal measure of aloe vera gel, blend the two and apply.

I think the method has been given as best I can in words. Photos would be great in the hands of a good photographer. Maybe:p

Like any concoction working with raw Nature, it is like an apple that can spoil. It has the shelf life of quality food. Not long.:ha:

I feel confident that the bark decoction (the water infusion) can be frozen after it is first, or shortly after, made. This will keep it good till Sun season. Defrost and mix with an equal part of aloe gel.

PurpleLama
12th April 2014, 12:10
When I built the first garden bed in May '12, I got the worst sunburn I have had since I was a teenager. A little research revealed that Cayce recommended ACV to be applied directly to sunburns. So, I got my wife to slather it all over my shoulders and back, and it went from the beginnings of blisters to a tan the very next morning.

All this started, with the castor oil. My wife has suffered from these subcutaneous cysts, infections under the skin, and one day I was poking around in one of the old Cayce books, and found he recommended a drop of castor oil to be rubbed thoroughly onto the site of the cyst, every other day until its gone. A few weeks after reading this, I was at a local organic grocery, and spotted castor oil, cold pressed like Cayce said, not knowing what Heritage even was at this point. So, I got the oil, and it worked well for my wife. Then, one day I noticed on the bottle "as recommended in the edgar cayce readings". I checked out their website, then returned to the grocery and picked up some tooth powder and mouthwash, to try them out. some months later, my mouth was completely free of gum disease, and my teeth appeared to be getting smaller as the gum tissue regenerated where it had receded.

Then, later that summer, I was drinking beer and burning in my fire altar. I had stuck a bundle of sticks into the opening, and I noticed something sitting on top of the bundle. Well, my dumb ass picked it up with my left hand, and I dropped it just as quickly, as it was a piece of brick that had just flaked off from inside the chimney where I had been burning things for hours. Although I had only held it for an instant, the tips of my fingers had turned a bright pure white, so I hollered for my wife to bring out some ice water with atomidine for me to stick my fingers in while I looked up what Cayce recommended for burns. Well, it turned out one of the mouthwashes, AlkaThyme, was the same as GlycoThymoline, which was what he said would cure a burn. So, I got some AT in a little cup and kept the fingertips submerged until the pain stopped totally, which took about a half hour. The burns were GONE. The next day, the callouses were a little thicker on the fingers, but no sign of a burn at all. To this day, one bottle of AT lives in the kitchen, as my wife has a habit of burning herself when making roux, but has not had to deal with burns ever since. She will douse a piece of paper towel and put it over a burn, and cover it with plastic wrap and keep on with what she is doing.

modwiz
12th April 2014, 12:30
It is great to be learning about the Cayce remedies. Heritage has made their products easy to obtain, they are magically effective and non-toxic. Thanks for the thread PL.

1inMany
12th April 2014, 16:20
PL, I was just looking for something else at baar.com and found this. Castor Oil Lawn and Garden. Hahaha Actually advertised for moles. Thought you might be interested:

http://www.baar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=751M&Store_Code=001&search=castor+oil&searchoffset=&filter_cat=&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=

Also, for anyone looking for a remedy for all kinds of infections, viral or bacterial either one, I highly recommend the Oil of Oregano. Here's the one I use, and the label says it is Origanum vulgare (aerial), (from 15 mg of 100:1 Oil of Oregano)

http://www.puritan.com/herbal-supplements-005/oil-of-oregano-1500-mg-071258

We found this last year when my daughter brought home Influenza A from school. The doctor suggested Tamiflu. I wasn't too worried about the one with the flu, I was more worried that this would run through the whole family. So all of us took 2 capsules about 4 times a day, and no one else got it. I don't know about you guys, but I've never seen the flu hit one person in a big family and not hit a single other person. The flu sold me on this. (Plus, for the one with the flu, she began getting better after about 3 days instead of the 10-14 the doctor said to expect.)

Since then, we've gotten rid of at least 10 other bugs, from something like a possible cold to something as severe as bronchitis.

Of course we also keep the alka thyme at the ready, as a rag soaked in it helps my daughter breathe, even through asthma. I might try that herbal stuff you are trying, PL. She is excited that it might cut down on her use of an inhaler, and might get rid of it altogether.

ronin
12th April 2014, 16:29
when i was young my brother and i went down to the park .
there was and still is a brook that runs through it.
my brother noticed a bee,s nest hanging in a tree(could have been wasp)not sure memory fails.
he found a builders hardhat and knocked the nest into the hard hat and flung it into the river.
i remember chasing after my brother who was chasing the nest as it flowed down the river.

what happened next was all these bee,s or wasp came out and stung my brother all over his body.
he was screaming.
i chased him home as fast as i could keep up.

when our mother saw him and learned what the cause was,she dowsed him in vinegar.
to take away the stings.

all i can remember is that he was covered from head to toe in stings.
no hospital,no doctors, just vinegar?

although i was with him and remember the swarm attacking him,and i would have only been a few feet away.
they never attacked me.
wonder if they could sense the bad energy that destroyed their home?

PurpleLama
12th April 2014, 19:41
From my recent research, it appears that Baar is actually by far the better company than Heritage for the Cayce cures. Heritage is steadily discontinuing things and changing the ones that they don't get rid of. The remedies for many things are no longer available through Heritage, even some of the things I have tried just over the last few years. I have bought bottles of olive oil shampoo, for instance, but the ones currently available have totally different ingredients than the first ones I got. So, I will be checking it out from Baar.

Seikou-Kishi
12th April 2014, 20:05
when i was young my brother and i went down to the park .
there was and still is a brook that runs through it.
my brother noticed a bee,s nest hanging in a tree(could have been wasp)not sure memory fails.
he found a builders hardhat and knocked the nest into the hard hat and flung it into the river.
i remember chasing after my brother who was chasing the nest as it flowed down the river.

what happened next was all these bee,s or wasp came out and stung my brother all over his body.
he was screaming.
i chased him home as fast as i could keep up.

when our mother saw him and learned what the cause was,she dowsed him in vinegar.
to take away the stings.

all i can remember is that he was covered from head to toe in stings.
no hospital,no doctors, just vinegar?

although i was with him and remember the swarm attacking him,and i would have only been a few feet away.
they never attacked me.
wonder if they could sense the bad energy that destroyed their home?

I'm not entirely sure hive animals are groups of beings but rather one being with multiple bodies. Certainly hives display network intelligence above and beyond the sum of the intelligence of each individual unit.

12th April 2014, 20:29
I'm not entirely sure hive animals are groups of beings but rather one being with multiple bodies. Certainly hives display network intelligence above and beyond the sum of the intelligence of each individual unit.

Indeed. The hive mind orchestrates the physical units at its' will/mentality/desire (summation or separate?). Surely though, its only the hives' instantaneous communicative superiority that is notable rather than desirable for us as humans? Makes one wonder, in the diversity sheltered under the umbrella of faith. Which one are we if either? Just musings, not a directed question :)

Seikou-Kishi
12th April 2014, 21:01
Indeed. The hive mind orchestrates the physical units at its' will/mentality/desire (summation or separate?). Surely though, its only the hives' instantaneous communicative superiority that is notable rather than desirable for us as humans? Makes one wonder, in the diversity sheltered under the umbrella of faith. Which one are we if either? Just musings, not a directed question :)

I did not offer hive organisms as an example to be emulated. I put hives, not their units, on a par with humans and other animals. A hive mind into which humans might be coerced would differ in the respect that it would be composed of multiple souls. In this respect, whereas a human body is a contiguous amalgamation of cells forming one mass, a hive organism groups its cells into smaller, separate packets perhaps as a defence or survival mechanism: if a human body becomes host to a systemic infection, it is likely that the whole body will die, but if those parts can separate (or be separated as in amputation in humans) it is possible that the remainder will survive. Hive organisms could have evolved on a similar principle. Additionally, though the genetic identity of every unit in a hive organism is not identical in the way that every cell of a "unipartite" organism like a human is, the cellular conglomerations of "multipartite" organisms like hive organisms do have functions that are analogous to the organs of human bodies: drones, which serve to deliver genetic material to other hives, take the place of sperm cells. Queens, in those hives in which the sole function of the queen is to propagate the species, fulfill the role of egg cells. In those hives in which the queen fulfills an organisational role, it is akin to both the egg and the nervous system. Then, workers which gather food are akin to a digestive system, those that organise and tend to the food supply, as well as food distribution, are like the lymphatic and circulatory systems. Those which have dedicated soldier castes have something akin to a dedicated immune system, whereas those which do not have such a caste but which function is supplied by the workers as necessary have a less well-developed immune response.

Sooz
16th April 2014, 07:51
Hi all you good people, and in particular, PL, SK and Modz,

I bought myself a small bottle of organic, cold-pressed castor oil today. I have 3 skin conditions I've been treating with an array of natural remedies (Tea-tree oil, manuka cream, silver ointment), but can't seem to budge them. I've scoured online, but can't seem to get any definitive answers.

My question is, would castor oil help?

Problem No. 1. Have a constant source of irritation on my foot where my sandal rubs, had it for a few years now, I treat it with various remedies but nothing seems to fix it. I am now wearing boots as the weather has gotten cooler, but it's still there in a lessor form. Tea Tree oil clears it up but leaves a scaly dermatitis which is itchy.

Problem No. 2. Have a slight dermatitis on one of my eyebrows, only a cortisone cream seems to clear this up (very quickly I might add), which I don't want to use for obvious reasons.

Problem No. 3. Have a bit of dermatitis in my ears from constantly using my earpods with my iPod.

I am willing to use the castor oil as a bit of an experiment on my foot and eyebrow, but a bit wary about using castor oil in my ears, as it's the entrance to inside my head:nails:

Any thoughts?

And why do you think I might have this skin problem in the first place? A deficiency in something?:scrhd:

Any advice, I would be very grateful for, if you can spare the time.:tiphat:

Sooz

PurpleLama
16th April 2014, 11:13
Use one little drop at a time, rubbing the one drop in before deciding to add more, or not. The oil will not hurt anything at all, used topically like that, and will very likely soothe and heal the skin. If treating the affected area does not seem to work right off, you can apply it to the skin all around, just do so a little bit at a time. Too much oil at once can cause the skin to release more toxins than it can handle at once, so don't take a hand full and slather it all over your face. However, if treating a wound, use as much as you need, as the damaged tissue will absorb much more. I would not worry about using it in the ears, it should work well.

Sooz
16th April 2014, 11:23
Use one little drop at a time, rubbing the one drop in before deciding to add more, or not. The oil will not hurt anything at all, used topically like that, and will very likely soothe and heal the skin. If treating the affected area does not seem to work right off, you can apply it to the skin all around, just do so a little bit at a time. Too much oil at once can cause the skin to release more toxins than it can handle at once, so don't take a hand full and slather it all over your face. However, if treating a wound, use as much as you need, as the damaged tissue will absorb much more. I would not worry about using it in the ears, it should work well.

Thanks PL! I used one drop tonight on my foot and one drop on my eyebrow.

Will use one drop with a cotton bud in each ear now and will let you know how it goes.

If my brain goes awol, I will let you know about that also, lol....

PurpleLama
16th April 2014, 13:06
Use your fingertip to rub it into the earlobe, too. A cottonball won't do anything but pull the oil back off. You can use more than one drop on a given area, if you think it needs it, just don't put on too much at once is all. The electric interaction of the fingertip with the oil and with the area the oil is being applied is part of what makes it work.

Also, let me emphasize once again, to think positively any time the oil is used, prayerfully, even. The more the mind and spirit is attuned to the Creative Forces, God(dess), or whatever is holy and whole, with gratitude for the health and beauty of the body, the more effective, miraculous even, the oill can be. I would go so far to suggest that with the mind properly attuned one might literally use the oil to slowly rub the years off one's face, but it is not for vanity that this would work, but for beauty giving glory to the creator. See? Be joyful in its application.

PurpleLama
31st July 2014, 18:37
A recent experience I feel compelled to share: I have a wide experience with castor oil, as I have attested to in this thread, but although the oil is a part of my daily life, I have not actually done much in the way of applying the castor oil packs, until now. Last weekend I developed food poisoning, having eaten a bunch of cucumber sauce I had made, which was quite delicious but had been left out too long at one point. :fpalm:

Symptoms developed on Sunday, and continued through Tuesday any time I ate anything more solid than chicken broth. After some gentle prodding reminder from 1inmany, it finally occurred to me to do the pack. Within 15 minutes of applying the pack the painful cramps had stopped completely, and the rest of the hour I can only describe as euphoria. It was the best feeling coursing all throughout my body, it was amazing. I have not yet repeated the pack, as I ate the last of the olive oil in the house afterward and did not realize it was the last until yesterday, but the lack of olive oil will be remedied on the way home from work today, and I will do it again this evening. I honestly feel giddy at the prospect, so awesome the experience was.

ronin
1st August 2014, 11:32
A recent experience I feel compelled to share: I have a wide experience with castor oil, as I have attested to in this thread, but although the oil is a part of my daily life, I have not actually done much in the way of applying the castor oil packs, until now. Last weekend I developed food poisoning, having eaten a bunch of cucumber sauce I had made, which was quite delicious but had been left out too long at one point. :fpalm:

Symptoms developed on Sunday, and continued through Tuesday any time I ate anything more solid than chicken broth. After some gentle prodding reminder from 1inmany, it finally occurred to me to do the pack. Within 15 minutes of applying the pack the painful cramps had stopped completely, and the rest of the hour I can only describe as euphoria. It was the best feeling coursing all throughout my body, it was amazing. I have not yet repeated the pack, as I ate the last of the olive oil in the house afterward and did not realize it was the last until yesterday, but the lack of olive oil will be remedied on the way home from work today, and I will do it again this evening. I honestly feel giddy at the prospect, so awesome the experience was.

what is the pack please...sounds interesting:eyebrows:

Sooz
1st August 2014, 11:45
what is the pack please...sounds interesting:eyebrows:

Scroll down to castor packs:

http://www.edgarcayce.org/are/holistic_health/data/repalma.html

ronin
1st August 2014, 12:02
found this on how to apply the castor oil pack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVaCT80TzlY

i think if i did try it i would cling film the towel securely to the body.

PurpleLama
1st August 2014, 14:29
I covered the saturated wool flannel with cling wrap and used a heating pad. I intend to collect up some hot water bottles to use those as a heat source, but the heating pad will have to do for now. I didn't get a chance to do it last night, and I don't know if I will this weekend, but my wife is a teacher and school just started back so I have some morning alone time which will be perfect for getting on a schedule with the packs. Cayce said that the wool flannel was the best to use, they are nice and soft so they are the way to go unless one is allergic. It was all very comfortable. Do remember to put an old towel underneath you, castor oil stains never come out.

Moonlight
13th September 2014, 12:25
This was quite a week. After helping my old cat get rid of a nasty cystitis, my daughter became very ill during the night of Wednesday/Thursday. A really bad belly ache, nausea, vomiting. They called me around 7:00 a.m. on Thursday morning to see if I had some "miracle" cure for her. Never fool around with a nasty belly ache. Even though all that came up was "castor oil pack", I sent them to the hospital. They kept her in through to Friday.

After echography and ct-scan, they said that there is a narrowing on part of her transverse colon. They don't know why... she's going for a colonoscopy on Monday. They worked on "liberating the intestines" so that the pressure be relieved and reduce the pain (and lots of morphine). No more pain, nausea after many enemas... it took 24 hours. So she is now home, but has no appetite and is afraid of eating... does not want the pain to come back.

I started with the castor oil packs yesterday. I will get her some slippery elm today, and green oats - for herbal tea (very nourishing and helps the nervous system too). To eat, applesauce, soup with homemade veggie broth, oatmeal with almond milk and will make her a juice beet/carrot/apple.

I post this here, as I would very much appreciate PL's take on this. He is the only castor oil expert that I know.

Any loving healing energies sent her way is welcomed. Her name is Marie-Eve.

Through all of this I am very calm and somehow know that everything is going to be alright. My daughter says I'm her rock... good thing I have a higher rock to lean on.

Interesting thought... how come we know just how a "stabbing" pain feels like.... hmmm :scrhd:

Moonlight
20th September 2014, 14:09
I'm happy to say that my daughter is now doing very well. I have a high belief that the castor oil packs have helped her heal smoothly something that was not fun at all. This protocol and other "adjustments" will carry her through the remainder of this experience. Thank you to all who have sent healing energies her way, and mine. Mucho gracias.

I have decided to start a castor oil packs protocol for a month or so, just to see what it does. :) I will report back.

PurpleLama
13th August 2016, 00:25
As just indicated, live right yourself. Never so act, in any manner in any inclination, that there may ever be an experience of regret within self. Let the moves and the discourteousness, the unkindness all come from the other person. Better to be abased yourself and have the peace within. For unless changes arise some great disturbance will come. But if ye so act that these appear to arise from thy neglect, or from thy not caring, then the regret would always be with thee. Then act ever in the way you would like to be acted toward. No matter what others say, or even do. Do as you would be done by; and then the peace that has been promised is indeed thine own.
-Edgar Cayce

Amanda
21st August 2016, 21:20
I need help to understand the applications of Castor Oil - please. I am in Australia and I could not find any Castor Oil in the supermarket. Can I purchase it from a chemist or a Health Food Shop??? Also, are there different types, grades, strengths of Castor Oil??? Thank you in advance for any answers to my specific questions. Once I understand the product I will look at the applications.
Much Peace - Amanda

RealityCreation
21st August 2016, 23:41
You can buy it at a health food store, Amanda but make sure it is coldpressed & hexane free so that it doesn't contain any pesticides that were used when spraying.

I have it in my local health food shop but it is rather expensive as they only stock a 2ooml bottle for $21.95.

This company has a website & is in Melbourne and they offer free freight & seem to be more cost effective so you may find this worth a try if you can't find it locally. http://www.echolife.com.au/products/certified-organic-castor-oil.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw_9-9BRCqpZeZhLeOg68BEiQAOviWAihJfu5M0quJh2SYqvMHJ2G2p 4Lz6KwgdsrNu0SmpXgaAkye8P8HAQ

Here are a couple of good articles:

Dr Mercola - http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/04/28/castor-oil-to-treat-health-conditions.aspx

http://www.electroherbalism.com/Naturopathy/Therapies/Diet/FatsandOils/CastorOil.htm -CASTOR OIL - Natural Protection from Deadly Viruses

If you want in depth reading there is this book in pdf format of The Oil That Heals (http://www.curezone.org/upload/PDF/Edgar_Cayce_The_Oil_That_Heals.pdf) by Dr William A. McGarey.
It gets a bit technical in places but has lots of case studies .

Hope that helps!

Amanda
22nd August 2016, 06:52
Reality Creation - I very much appreciate your answers to my questions. I shall endeavour to look at my local health food shop (have to drive to the next town) and see what is available. I love learning about natural healing options. I swear by Ascorbic Acid and my array of vitamins and minerals.
Much Peace - Amanda

Amanda
31st August 2016, 09:19
Reality Creation - purchased some Castor Oil and used some on my kitty cat. She is old and has some sore spots to heal. Worked a treat - all healed and just waiting for the fur to grow back. I had been spraying the sore area with Colloidal Silver, which I think prevented infection but I have to say that the Castor Oil got stuck in and in two days - all sorted.

Have a keloid scar on my chest - thought I would test the Castor Oil on such thick red scar tissue and see what happens. I put a little on with a cotton bud and then cover it with a band aid - to prevent the oil rubbing off on my clothes. Only been a few days and it is a very thick raised scar. It seems to have faded a tad ... so I will persevere and see what happens.

Not too bad on the face of an old girl as moisturiser either. :hiding:

Much Peace - Amanda :Knight:

RealityCreation
31st August 2016, 09:52
That's good to hear Amanda, I'm glad that your cat responded so well to it. I was wondering if you had managed to source some.

I have been using coconut oil for a face moisturiser for the past 18 months or so but I decided to try out the castor oil for a change since we have had a long drawn out Winter.

So far I like it, although I can only use it at night time since it is so thick & gooey. I generally apply it a couple of hours before going to bed so it has time to be absorbed.

PurpleLama
31st August 2016, 11:10
To treat scars, moles, warts and cancers and such, rub a drop into the blemish for a few minutes every other day. It is important that you focus your thoughts in a positive manner during the application, as in appreciate how creator appreciates the beauty of it's every creation (regardless of how the creation thinks of itself.)

Cayce maintained that castor oil was of a similar nature to that of a quartz crystal, in that it will amplify the vibration of the thoughts put into it. Therefore, it is of benefit to be thankful for the beauty of the body, not for vanity but for the glory of God will yield maximum benefit for treating any such blemish.

Cayce also said that castor oil loves a wound, and with two rough and tumble boys in my house we have treated literally countless injuries from the most minor to mama-wants-to-take-em-to-the-hospital, all to great effect. When They hurt themselves, they ask for the oil or will even get it themselves.

PurpleLama
31st August 2016, 11:16
I would be careful, RC, not to overapply the oil to the face. Only a drop at a time should be used topically unless one is treating a wound. That said, a few drops can be sufficient to cover the whole of the face, patiently rubbing and massaging it slowly over the skin. I wouldn't do it more than two or three times a week for moisturizing the face, although applying it in such a way with the proper application of thought, you may find that your skin needs no more moisturizing as a new balance within the tissues being treated has been acheived.

PurpleLama
31st August 2016, 11:56
There is a blend of oils of peanut and olive, alternately branded aura glow and body beautiful, from heritagestore.com or baar.com that are very excellent for the skin and hair. Baar.com is the better supplier, but heritage products tend to be more readily available. Outside of the US, you might try finding their products on Amazon, although local health and nutrition stores are the best if they can get them.

RealityCreation
31st August 2016, 12:36
Thanks for your suggestions PurpleLama!

PurpleLama
31st August 2016, 14:49
No problem, I have been an avid adherent to the Edgar Cayce readings for over 20 years. Until around 2011 I was primarily steeped in the spiritual aspects of the readings, but I used a reading to cure a very bad burn one afternoon, and five years later I have utilized countless recommendations from the readings to help myself and many others find a remedy for what ails them.

Castor oil is good for so many things, but it is true that it can be over applied when used topically, on the face especially. One basically causes what can be called a healing crisis, and so many toxins and such can be triggered to be released all at once, not what you typically want on your face.

Aianawa
20th May 2022, 07:21
Best Cayce thread i could find >

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4-PQ-e-VW8