PDA

View Full Version : A Course in Miracles - (ACIM)

Calabash
26th March 2014, 12:28
“Nothing real can be threatened
Nothing unreal exists
Herein lies the peace of God”

I noticed recently that there is little or no mention of “A Course in Miracles” here, which is surprising given that most of us here will either have a copy, have read it, or at least be aware of its message.

To me, it’s the forerunner of other spiritual guidance – a bit like Friends Reunited being the platform for Facebook maybe.

The course itself is difficult to follow when living life on a treadmill in the rate race, as most of us are, and when I first read through the lessons many years ago they meant little or nothing to me. But now, they mean a whole lot more and I see the potential in the course. It won’t suit everybody, but here are the headings of the first 11 (very powerful) lessons. There are 220 in all:

Lesson 1 Nothing I see means anything

Lesson 2 I have given everything I see the meaning it has for me

Lesson 3 I do not understand anything I see

Lesson 4 These thoughts do not mean anything

Lesson 5 I am never upset for the reason I think

Lesson 6 I am upset because I see something that is not there

Lesson 7 I see only the past

Lesson 8 My mind is preoccupied with past thoughts

Lesson 9 I see nothing as it is now

Lesson 10 My thoughts do not mean anything

Lesson 11 My meaningless thoughts are showing me a meaningless world

Unlike a lot of spiritual guidance, this course is free and available online and you will find much of interest there. Well worth a visit anyway

http://pc.sinus.cz/ACIM/pdf/ACIM.pdf

BabaRa
26th March 2014, 17:25
The CIM is a wonderful bridge for Christians into eastern spiritual concepts.

Many of the people in my area that join are self proclaimed "recovering Catholics" or "recovering Mormons" who are trying to move past their years of being brain-washed by their church. All good people.

Even though the Course itself says (paraphrasing here): This is not the way - this will only clear your mind of past-programming so you can find the way. . . . people tend to turn it into a religion (sigh). It's like everything else, read until you get it, internalize it and move on.

That being said: There is lots of good information about Love and Forgiveness in the Course. Including helpful steps to get to the place of forgiveness if one is having a problem letting go of a situation.

Please don't think I don't see the value in the Course, as I do, and still refer to it on occasion.

P.S. Marianne Williamson, who teaches the Course (or use to) wrote a book based on the Course called: "A Return To Love". Great book, simplifies the Course while incorporating the ideas.