PDA

View Full Version : Is Ubuntu Contribunism the future?

Eelco
23rd March 2014, 09:05
Here's a 21 minute compliation of Michael Tellingers lecture.
For those that do not want to spend 2 hours to watch the whole thing.

QfDymLLqT5Y

I am not 100% convinced this is the way to go, But can't think of a better sollution right now.
One thing I do like about it is the complete lack of mony or barter. Having been part of local Lets systems and barter rings I have always felt that the same drawbacks that occur on kapitalism also reared its ugly head in rings and systems like these.

Also its not entirely new.
I have read these points before in the abc of anarchism which I have linked to before here (http://jandeane81.com/threads/1525-Anarchism-as-a-way?p=7613&highlight=anarchism#post7613)

Also the fact that michael sells his book for 10 dollars strikes me as odd.
Here he is talking about not using money but freely giving your labours of love and then charge for it.
Now I am not putting him down. I understand we are in a transitional phase and 10 bucks isn't much, but as I have allready plundered my daughters savings account to go see him. I don't have the money to buy his book.

Also it seems to call for a small community to pull it off. Now being socially ackward I do not have friends living nearby that I can setup a community like that.
Been contemplating givving Reiki and Shiatsu treatments for free or Dana/gifts exchange. but allready working a full week for tha Man and fathering 6 peeps, walking the dogs, meditating and spending time with my better half make that a virtual impossible task to keep a possitive attitude towards. Which would render that exercise useless, because if i'm worried so much about all the stuff I need to do. I fear I am not in the right frame of mind to assist anyone whilst they hav a reiki "treatment" of Shiatsu massage..

WIth Love
Eelco

KosmicKat
23rd March 2014, 11:59
There isn't much I can do, but since I have benefited extensively from people who give their time to make free software available I do what I can to make free sheet music (not written by me, but transcribed to both PDF and abcPlus notation) and free books (sometimes written by me) available. The reason I do what I do is that growing up in Europe, I learned that a key way that rich people become rich is that they never pay for something that they can get for free (think unpaid internship) but they never give anything away.

Eelco
23rd March 2014, 12:46
Thank you, Yes.

Like you I do what I can...
And taking a good look around. Many people are donating there time and resources for free.
Or make free stuff available for a wider audience. This includes basic neccesities like food and clothing thank...who-ever

Somehow though that is not enough to slowly transition to a money-free society.
So how do we go about taking the next step..

One of the reasons I stopped my official shiatsu practice was because of time and money issues.
Felt like I needed to charge too much to be able to just cover bureaucratic costs.

With Love
Eelco

Moonlight
23rd March 2014, 13:00
Thank you for sharing Eelco. I agree that we have to get rid of money, barter, trade, and go to a community sharing for the good of All. I believe that we should all work for the needs of the community. We also have to determine what our "needs" are...

How to go about it, I really don't know. Is the Ubuntu movement it, I don't know either, but it's a start... a seed.

Taking into consideration that it takes many generations for change to be implemented, I see myself as a sower. I talk about it at every occasion I get, even if the reaction is a blank look from the person I am talking to. I see this as a little "zapping"(*) of consciousness and know that the seed will bear its fruit in time.
I've been saying for many years now that our system is not working and that we need to change it. I felt very alone in my world for a while, then I encountered forums where I found other people who have the same dream. Now, slowly but surely, I'm starting to hear it in my circles. There is hope.

I probably won't see the thriving communities that I dream of, unless I live forever in this body. My grandson may see it happening. My great great grand-children ? I really hope so.

Hopefully, we will not have to go through great turmoil to bring in the change. I pray for a smooth and awakened transition.

(*) as in the movie La belle verte

Moonlight
23rd March 2014, 13:52
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1.0-9/14521_1381710725411105_18184683_n.jpg

BabaRa
23rd March 2014, 22:51
I probably won't see the thriving communities that I dream of, unless I live forever in this body. My grandson may see it happening. My great great grand-children ? I really hope so.

Hi Moonlight, when I read your statement above, I remembered back to when I was a sophomore in college, our professor was telling us that we would never see a man in space, but our grandchildren probably would. The fact that our grandchildren would experience this seemed unbelievable to us.

It was only a few years later when the Russian Yuri Gagarin made the first space flight.

I only tell this story for a reminder that things can change fast through science or a scientific invention. Michael mentions that in his video above. If a free energy device was made available, our world could change very quickly in ways we can't even imagine.

And I agree with you about Michael's idea - it's a seed - one that can be built on or changed as needed.

The more we see this type of community as a possibility, the more we will bring it forward into our reality.

KosmicKat
24th March 2014, 11:35
The way I see it, once a tipping point is reached, alternatives become less viable. Why do you think it is possible to incarcerate large numbers of prisoners with relatively small numbers of guards? I think it is because the inmates don't believe they can make enough of a change to free themselves. And here's the element that we have to change; if you're only thinking of what "I" can do, it won't amount to much. "I" is limited and clearly defined. "We" can be as big as you please. A key element of "We" is trust.

Moonlight
24th March 2014, 12:56
Hi Moonlight, when I read your statement above, I remembered back to when I was a sophomore in college, our professor was telling us that we would never see a man in space, but our grandchildren probably would. The fact that our grandchildren would experience this seemed unbelievable to us.

It was only a few years later when the Russian Yuri Gagarin made the first space flight.

I only tell this story for a reminder that things can change fast through science or a scientific invention. Michael mentions that in his video above. If a free energy device was made available, our world could change very quickly in ways we can't even imagine.

And I agree with you about Michael's idea - it's a seed - one that can be built on or changed as needed.

The more we see this type of community as a possibility, the more we will bring it forward into our reality.

I have nothing against the change to come now. That is why I hold the vision.

For the money system to be kicked out and the world to start working in harmony for the good of All, there needs to be a major shift in consciousness. Technology advances at a very fast pace, I unfortunately do not see consciousness changing that fast. It is changing, just not as fast.

We also have to be very careful, because I have heard of a well intentioned "one world" coming where every one gets the same, abundance for all they say ... as long as you let us run everything for you and do as you are told. Freedom does not exist in this.

I agree that free energy will make humanity take a giant leap. It will blow our minds open and many veils will come crumbling down.

I still think that I will not see this happening in this lifetime. In 50-60 years from now, I can see it. I have no problem being wrong on this.

Moonlight
24th March 2014, 13:13
The way I see it, once a tipping point is reached, alternatives become less viable. Why do you think it is possible to incarcerate large numbers of prisoners with relatively small numbers of guards? I think it is because the inmates don't believe they can make enough of a change to free themselves. And here's the element that we have to change; if you're only thinking of what "I" can do, it won't amount to much. "I" is limited and clearly defined. "We" can be as big as you please. A key element of "We" is trust.

There is a lot of work being done freely in the world already. People coming together and volunteering for the good of the community. A lot of work would not be done if it were not for volunteers. My community is no exception. If I did not have a job to earn money to pay for groceries, etc., I could do a lot more. That is where my heart thrives.

Everything starts with "I" deciding to connect with "We" to make something happen. "I" becomes "We" when a bunch of people roll up their sleeves to make a common vision happen. And when the work is done, we come together and celebrate.

If money and ownership did not exist, there would be no need for prisons.

Moonlight
24th March 2014, 13:17
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1601278_1378308572417987_2118623137_n.jpg

Eelco
24th March 2014, 13:50
lol Until about an hour ago. I was able to do just that easily without gasping for air.

With love
Eelco

Moonlight
24th March 2014, 14:00
hehe... I know the feeling. I could do that until pay day too... :p

Moonlight
25th March 2014, 12:38
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/1607092_1378543652394479_1989466482_n.jpg

Eelco
27th March 2014, 11:55
When Michael Tellinger was about to start his talk the other day. 2 dutch people walked on stage. They had come back from 2 months volunteering at the stone circle ubuntu village in waterfall boven south africa. One of them made a film in which Michael Tellinger and his significant other talk about their dream of Ubuntu villages. and some overview footage.
Only 15 minutes..

bXxf2wXowEs#t=25

With Love
Eelco

Moonlight
29th March 2014, 00:11
I have shared this video with a couple of my friends. I'm eager to see what will come of it. Maybe some will realize I'm not as crazy as I seem... or at least that other people are as crazy as I ... hehe

No kidding, the video is well done and can spark meaningful conversations.

Thanks.

modwiz
29th March 2014, 01:20
Contributionism is an idea that resonates with me. I understand how it works and how it would work for me. I have lived in an alternative community, (in my 3-D tent) 6 months a year since 2010. I know how powerful the life can be. Commitment to a common community runs high and the work ethic is commensurate. Programming may be the biggest block.

Geography is important too.. Hairless mammals, (at least most humans are,:ha:), cannot live easily where ice forms for months at a time and neither do gardens meant to feed 365 days a year.

Final note: Any community will have to have an immune response to homo-pathogensis. Much easier when a whole body is not near death.

Seikou-Kishi
29th March 2014, 01:29
Homo pathogens? Meanie :-p

modwiz
29th March 2014, 01:32
Homo pathogens? Meanie :-p

I know you know what I mean.:p

I changed it to homo-pathogensis

PC can make certain word usage appear somewhat queer.:shocked:

Seikou-Kishi
29th March 2014, 01:53
I know you know what I mean.:p

I changed it to homo-pathogensis

PC can make certain word usage appear somewhat queer.:shocked:

You know a homeopath is the thing your hood friends walk on? Lol

modwiz
29th March 2014, 01:54
You know a homeopath is the thing your hood friends walk on? Lol

I like that. Very punny.

modwiz
29th March 2014, 02:00
:back to topic:

Ubuntu contributionism is a future, not the future. Very important to keep the pastels and greys working in our visions and language.

modwiz
29th March 2014, 03:25
Ubuntu is one of the jewel-seeds to emerge from an awakened humanity. It is not a new jewel as an idea but, because of modern communication, one that will find a very fertile landscape to grow upon. A new global ecology of economics is developing. Unbuntu will be one of those ecosystems. An ecosystem that can find a home on almost any continent.

Eelco
29th March 2014, 04:26
I have shared this video with a couple of my friends. I'm eager to see what will come of it. Maybe some will realize I'm not as crazy as I seem... or at least that other people are as crazy as I ... hehe

No kidding, the video is well done and can spark meaningful conversations.

Thanks.

Good. The woman who filmed said it was done to explain to her parents what she was doing in South Africa.
I am glad that that intentions holds.

WIth Love
Eelco

Moonlight
29th March 2014, 13:43
I too see the Ubuntu contributionism (am I ever happy you do not hear me say that... quite a challenge for my French tongue) as a seed. I also see it as a tool to spark discussions and seeding of thoughts in the collective consciousness. It appeals to me, so much so, that I am considering going to Michael Tellinger's conference coming in my area, mostly to be in the same room and get the feel, and of course hear what he has to say.

I lived in housing cooperative twice in my life. This would be a group of people coming together to fill a shelter need. I always believed in the idea, but it is quite energy draining. There are always a group of people doing all the work, another group finding ways not to do the work, and those who complain about everything but are not willing to do anything to make things happen. We always got in "he said/she said" mind games. It is saddening. But then, in a housing coop you get all kinds of people with different backgrounds, values, culture. It is hard work to get people to work towards a common goal... having good lodging at a reasonable price and work as a group.

I'm still willing to try it again. This time, we are a group of people having a common vision, and we are still working on setting the foundation. We are all in our fifties and we want lodging and community life. We all have in common that we do not want to become a burden for our children, so we want to care for each other as we grow older. A community garden and kitchen is a must for us at this point.

Moonlight
29th March 2014, 13:59
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/1545154_1378544079061103_1021903860_n.png

ronin
29th March 2014, 14:17
incredible edible helping and empowering a community to be self sufficient.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFt_s-Pw2S8

http://www.incredible-edible-todmorden.co.uk/blogs/pam-s-ted-how-we-can-eat-our-landscapes
Pam,s ted talk is very inspiring.

modwiz
2nd April 2014, 00:48
I see this thread is passing into obscurity while the missing plane BS story, (it is not, and cannot, be lost) is still thriving. Intentions and priorities are revealed in the actions people participate in.

@Moonlight. The problem with non-working community members, also known as parasites, is one that has to be anticipated, with remedial action planned, when setting up a community. If one is looking for it, the lack of work ethic shows up almost immedialtely. I believe a probation period is one solution. Taking out the 'trash' is another. One must always be wary of those with cash versus the sweat equity equation. Often, parasitical types will buy their way into a position and use it to absolve themselves of work.

Setting up a working community does require planning and the will to do what needs to be done for the health of a community. There has to be an immune function or the community will succumb to parasite disease. I am glad you will still seek to set it up correctly. I plan to be part of such a year round community in the not too distant future. Either find a low dysfunction one or start one.

BabaRa
2nd April 2014, 03:20
Some friends and I have been talking about starting or joining a community for some time.

I've looked into a few that are local. They were based on economics, but none seem to have common vision of sharing or community. Plus they were all expensive.

Also looked into one in Colorado. I thought the area they selected had too harsh weather.

Where I live would be perfect (weather wise). Finding the right people is challenging. Money to begin, equally challenging.

modwiz
2nd April 2014, 03:41
Some friends and I have been talking about starting or joining a community for some time.

I've looked into a few that are local. They were based on economics, but none seem to have common vision of sharing or community. Plus they were all expensive.

Also looked into one in Colorado. I thought the area they selected had too harsh weather.

Where I live would be perfect (weather wise). Finding the right people is challenging. Money to begin, equally challenging.

Location is very important, IMO, because of costs of heating and food. With the right core group mixture of talent and temperament, money becomes less crucial. Housing needs to be rethought, especially in the beginning stages. I have spent a lot of time considering this. Living in a holistic community based around an institute six months a year since 2010 has given me both ideas and insights. The same emotional/personality dysfunctions, lack of vision, poor council and counsels show up with regularity. Inception of communities is where the first and most crucial 'power point' must be used with great alacrity. The seed and its soil must be well thought out.

BabaRa
2nd April 2014, 04:35
Findhorn in Scotland has been in operation since the mid-80's.

I'd love to go spend time there and see how it works and how they deal with the problems of the emotional nature of humans.

Also Damanhur in Italy. I believe they've been in operation since the mid-70's. And I must say, the climate of Italy is more appealing to me at this point in my life, although I think Damanhur is in the mountains, so they probably have a winter. I was hoping to go there last year, but the Universe had other ideas. Maybe this year.

modwiz
2nd April 2014, 04:44
I would also like to know how Findhorn is going. Plenty of information was available for devas and nature spirit interaction and direction. Lots on farming techniques too. Not so much on the human factor. Not so much is not indicative of no information.

Last I read, some years ago, Findhorn had wound down to a stable, modest core community. This is, IIRC. I am sure dealing with idealistic new agers might have gotten tiring. "Hey you're not contributing". "Hey. That's like so judgmental, man".:p

Ria
2nd April 2014, 07:05
Findhorn in Scotland has been in operation since the mid-80's.

I'd love to go spend time there and see how it works and how they deal with the problems of the emotional nature of humans.

Also Damanhur in Italy. I believe they've been in operation since the mid-70's. And I must say, the climate of Italy is more appealing to me at this point in my life, although I think Damanhur is in the mountains, so they probably have a winter. I was hoping to go there last year, but the Universe had other ideas. Maybe this year.
I have spent time at Findhorn and was very disappointed, if you won't to spend time obsessively navel gazing and not getting much done then you are in the right place.
Modwizs makes some very good points and concure with some of my own findings.

Ria
2nd April 2014, 07:35
I am not up to date as to the latest at Findhorn as I have dismissed it long ago as a non viable proto type for anything.
The original concept may well of been viable.
Regarding food production, less than 10 percent was provided by the Findhorn community, I suspect only 1 precent. I was part of the gradening core team, by the time we had tuned in, collected tooles, tuned in agen to the spot then tuned out for a coffe brake, then tuned back in agen, then out agen, back to the toole shed for a group tuning then lunch, I think I did what seem like 10 minuets work. Now I would of liked to be left to get on with it , but I was partnered with a person who supervised this process.
I thought it a f....... wast of time.
Don't think I don't approve of tuning in far from it......but
There's more, it could be to much for you folks here.