PDA

View Full Version : Passion

Eelco
16th March 2014, 05:36
So as a side quest I have been trying to learn to programm computers for a few years now. Off and on I learn a language. do some easy stuff with it. Usualy then I get interested in different pursuits forget what I learned and a few months later I start again. Anyhow one of the things I picked up is listening to a podcast hosted by a few people in the ruby community. They are funny, smart and do occasionally talk about topics that are not as much programming in ruby related, but just human. On this occasion they talk about passion. What it is, what it isn't, how its misused and changed by marketing folks and how passion is an undercurrent in people's lives. I found it very well discussed.

You can listen to or download the podcast or just read the transcript. if you have a little over an hour to spend.
144-rr-passion/ (http://rubyrogues.com/144-rr-passion/)

With Love
Eelco

Sooz
16th March 2014, 06:50
Thanks Eelco, I just downloaded it.

I'm always on the watch out for interesting podcasts to listen to while I'm working, on my iPod. Thanks! I usually listen to Alex Jones every day, but he does get a bit 'shouty', lol.

Passion is something I teach my son to harness, in everything one does. Find your passion and you'll never work a day in your life. Thankfully, it looks like he's found it.

I look forward to listening to it.

Sooz