PDA

View Full Version : A little book that everyone should read

Altaira
19th September 2013, 13:36
The enlightenment a handbook on illusions

I posted this in TOT1 around the same time last year. I found that some members here are interested in it but the link was lost with TOT1 and thought I will share it again. The book I am talking about is "The enlightenment a handbook on illusions". I think this is one of the most important books as it says a lot about who we are in a very little space in a very simple way.

This is my opinion of course, I might be wrong but since I read it then, It left very strong sensations in me. I kept thinking about it so I decided to read it again last week. After that I still have exactly the same feeling about the content of this book, it feels like it unlocked some memories. I feel it is important for everyone to read, even if you take it as a romantic magical story because at first glance it appears as such. When you read it with open mind and heart it tells different story, it opens completely new realm. I used a quote from the book for my signature.

It is too big to be uploaded so here is the link for those of you who want to read it http://www.unicusmagazine.com/PDF/the_enlightenment.pdf

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Qvh684vk85s/UCx2JgIWWoI/AAAAAAAAAwY/7PG7hlpW4Hg/s1600/Picture+57.png

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yY5sETyBLSY/UCx2P9K0j1I/AAAAAAAAAwg/du-rK0x20wU/s1600/Picture+56.png

Blessings,

Rayna

Frances
19th September 2013, 13:56
Thank you for the book Rayna, I have put it in my I books on my I pad for future reading.
Frances.

Tribe
19th September 2013, 13:58
Ah that's funny , I was only just recently saying to a lovely someone ,how limited this body makes me feel ,as I remember what it is like not to have a body ! ;) xxx

19th September 2013, 14:05
Rayna what a lovely synchronicity. I have a friend asked me for this book only the other day and I couldn't remember for the life of me what it's called. You absolute star thank you!

:winner:

Altaira
19th September 2013, 16:10
May be I should put next to my signature "there is no such thing as coincidence" :smile2:

I am happy to share all I can with all my brothers and sisters :group hug:

Moonlight
20th September 2013, 01:57
I remember reading this book back then (was it here or over at PA ?) and enjoyed it immensely. Thank you for sharing it again ! Subscribed to the thread so that I can find it easily when I have more time. :tea:

modwiz
20th September 2013, 02:19
After S-K's post of can and may, it is interesting to see should, it's one of my button words.

I am good with, I should breathe. If I wish to continue to live.

If people handled knives like English there would be few fingers left. I would be missing a few fingers myself.:p

Altaira
20th September 2013, 06:55
Well Mod, English is my second language so I can't always pick the best words to say what I want but I am glad people can understand me.

Altaira
11th June 2014, 21:24
I am wondering if those who read this book would share what they think about it. Do you take it just as a fiction or do you think there is deep truth in it?

For me personally it had very deep impact as the concept that suggests who we are resonates with me a lot. I think there is a lot of truth behind the fiction and this was like a catalyser for my spiritual development. Since I read it I've been in constant search for answers what is behind the illusion, where is my higher self and how to stay connected with it all the time. While searching withing I found that my inner connectedness is growing stronger and the answers I've been searching for have become closer and manifested themselves with amazing synchronicity. I had the chance to meet wise people who have managed to explore this topic in great dept, I also think that thanks to all wonderful souls here on TOT my knowledge has expanded hugely. My understanding about my own path and journey is expanding every day and the wonders of this universe are unfolding in front of me in the most unexpected ways.
I still think that this little book can give something very valuable to everyone who reads it. From my perspective now I think that the word "should" which I used in the title of this thread is not a language mistake modwiz but unconscious choice that turned to be the right one.

Moonlight
12th June 2014, 00:16
Altaira, thank you for bringing this up again. After my dream last night, pulling a 0 card called "Cosmic Friend", I think I should read it again. LOL

I call these books "initiatory novels". There may be some fiction, but there is also a lot of truth in them. Like you said, unlocking of memories. You are not the same person after reading them.

Again, mucho gracias!

Altaira
12th June 2014, 06:44
Altaira, thank you for bringing this up again. After my dream last night, pulling a 0 card called "Cosmic Friend", I think I should read it again. LOL

I call these books "initiatory novels". There may be some fiction, but there is also a lot of truth in them. Like you said, unlocking of memories. You are not the same person after reading them.

Again, mucho gracias!

"initiatory novels"
It is indeed what you are calling it Moonlight, I think I wont find better word for this type of reading. It didn't just unlock memories for me but also it is the next level wake up call, the one which changes you and you will not be the same again as you said and you wont see the universe with the same eyes again. After I read it second time my all believe system became flimsy and unstable, everything that I was thinking about our existence seemed to me wrong and all religious systems part of the illusion. For around a year nothing of regular spirituality was able to satisfy my thirst for understanding the consciousness. I felt like I am blindfolded and trying to find the right path and the right way for exploring the journey of my own soul until recently when I found some more of those "initiatory books" written by people who experienced the real light.

The One
12th June 2014, 08:07
I will post it here below

http://www.unicusmagazine.com/PDF/the_enlightenment.pdf

Altaira
12th June 2014, 08:53
Thanks The One :)

lookbeyond
12th June 2014, 09:41
Thanks so much Rayna, i look forward to reading this book, lb

12th June 2014, 10:17
Rayna i totally forgot about this little gem. You have planned my weekend. I can picture my father's day morphing into something a little more special as I type.....

Thanks Sis!

ronin
12th June 2014, 15:14
good book read it last year.only short but doe,s try to explain one person,s theory as to why we are here and who we really are.other person,s experiences are a great way to start off your journey and help awaken people.but just wait till you start to get your own:whstl:
rocky roads ahead,turbalant rivers,you,ll test your faith and it will come and go.
things will happen and then you will doubt yourself.
but at the end of the day,it really is your journey.

Altaira
12th June 2014, 16:41
good book read it last year.only short but doe,s try to explain one person,s theory as to why we are here and who we really are.other person,s experiences are a great way to start off your journey and help awaken people.but just wait till you start to get your own:whstl:
rocky roads ahead,turbalant rivers,you,ll test your faith and it will come and go.
things will happen and then you will doubt yourself.
but at the end of the day,it really is your journey.

Agree Ronin and once you are on this road there is no going back or falling asleep. You know where you are heading to and just keep trying no matter what. I can tell this from the perspective of someone who had two naps between the awakening stage and I feel this is the phase when I can't just go back or falling deep asleep again. You know its rocky but you know its just a temporary obstacle and you are sure that the road doesn't end before a stone wall, this wall is just another test. You will figure out how to overcome it and you know there is something beyond that wall.

Altaira
12th June 2014, 16:45
Rayna i totally forgot about this little gem. You have planned my weekend. I can picture my father's day morphing into something a little more special as I type.....

Thanks Sis!

A dear friend of mine just reminded me about this book the other day and I went back to this thread and realised that this is what trigger my knowing and provoked long forgotten memories.
You are right brother this book is a little gem.

ronin
12th June 2014, 16:52
I dear friend of mine just reminded me about this book the other day and I went back to this thread and realised that this is what trigger my knowing and provoked long forgotten memories.

this is what i am trying to express,live your life living in a book.or share your experiences.
i love to hear about other peoples factual experiences.
but not someone who says this is how to do it.
too many Guru,s that want to condition a person.

the reality is you live your life with all the up,s and downs and you make the choice.

Altaira
12th June 2014, 17:20
I dear friend of mine just reminded me about this book the other day and I went back to this thread and realised that this is what trigger my knowing and provoked long forgotten memories.

this is what i am trying to express,live your life living in a book.or share your experiences.
i love to hear about other peoples factual experiences.
but not someone who says this is how to do it.
too many Guru,s that want to condition a person.

the reality is you live your life with all the up,s and downs and you make the choice.

I realised I made a spelling mistake it is not I dear friend but A dear friend. I suppose this make some difference in the meaning of what I wanted to say but if it doesn't it is still OK. I don't think I ever mentioned any Guru's or implied this because I always thought that there is no greater teacher than your own soul. While you are on the road of self exploration no one can tell you how to walk it because its unique path relevant to you only. So I think you are right here ronin.

Moonlight
13th June 2014, 12:31
I still remember when I first read Jonathan Livingston Seagull in my early 20's. I could hear the veil crumbling as I read it, as it rang so true to my Being.

http://csermelyblog.tehetsegpont.hu/sites/default/files/angol%20sir%C3%A1ly.pdf

That's when I remembered that limitations are Illusions.... which is another great book by Richard Bach.

I am so grateful for these signposts left along my way. So many books have opened my eyes to the magnificent being that I Am (and so are You). More and more now, I read the book written in my own Heart.

I still love Jonathan...

Don’t believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding. Find out what you already know and you will see the way to fly.”
― Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Tribe
25th January 2015, 21:03
Bumping for a member who has asked about the book :) and also for anyone else that may like to read it ? x

Tribe
25th January 2015, 21:16
I still remember when I first read Jonathan Livingston Seagull in my early 20's. I could hear the veil crumbling as I read it, as it rang so true to my Being.

http://csermelyblog.tehetsegpont.hu/sites/default/files/angol%20sir%C3%A1ly.pdf

That's when I remembered that limitations are Illusions.... which is another great book by Richard Bach.

I am so grateful for these signposts left along my way. So many books have opened my eyes to the magnificent being that I Am (and so are You). More and more now, I read the book written in my own Heart.

I still love Jonathan...

ohh i don't know how i missed this moonlight thank you ! i haven't read this in years :) i have lots of time on my hands at the mo .. love you sister !xxxx

Sebastion
26th January 2015, 17:29
Rayna-I want to humbly thank you for posting the link to the book as I had not run across it before! I see it as a marvelous little book. I downloaded it yesterday afternoon and have read it twice now. I haven't much doubt that I may read it again before the day is out and for a number of days ahead.

I have had many life experiences that this book has hinted at, both in the body and during obe's. There is much deeper stuff to be gleaned from this book as well. It mentions several things I noticed strongly in my past and started to investigate on my own but was interrupted by "life". Now I have the opportunity to investigate more deeply! So once again, my sincerest thank you!

Calabash
26th January 2015, 17:49
Read it and sent it far and wide. Thank you Altaira . . :) x

Altaira
26th January 2015, 18:45
HI Sebastian, I've read this book several times for exactly the same reasons. I still think everyone should read it at least once and find the hints for themselves. I wanted to buy it but wasn't able to find it anywhere, It's good people keep circulating the pdf.

I've been spreading it too Calabsh. :) x

Altaira
26th January 2015, 18:48
I would like to thank Tribe for bringing it up again.

john parslow
26th January 2015, 20:08
Thanks for posting Altaira, I have a pdf copy and just took the time to re-read this little gem - it really makes you think doesn't it. JP

Altaira
26th January 2015, 21:08
Indeed John, I cant stop thinking about the wisdom in this book. It definitely helped me to set out higher goals for this incarnation and after that. It shows how much more there is beyond this universe. I read it every time when I need to rise my vibrations. There is so so much to learn.

Pris
27th January 2015, 07:48
You've all got me intrigued. I'll see if I can find time to read it.

Altaira
22nd February 2015, 11:02
It is strange how this story keeps me thinking of where we really come from. Probably this is not valid for everyone because we all come here with different tasks.
Provoked by this narrative I put some of my thoughts in writing.

Rambles of the soul

What is the point and why we go through life cycles? Do we really try to experience the matter, to learn as much as possible? It seems like the more we go the more we learn, but the more we learn the more we fall into the traps of the physical universe and then after many incarnations on different places within this universe we discover that we have become disconnected from our essence/soul.

Did we come here to play?

What game is this?

The memories of who we really are fade gradually away but from time to time we have a glimpse of the reality, strange dreams where we can fly or we experience unearthly sensations. Mostly we dismiss this as an illusion but... One day we wake up and realise what we've done, we realise we became trapped in a place so dangerous and deceitful that our only salvation is to start searching. Soon or later we finaly discover that in order to know we need to reconnect with our essence.

Beyond the mask of the the grand illusion we discover that we chose to play a game.

The game was meant to entertain us and we agreed to the rules of the game. Some enjoy the game others soon realise the hazard and try to disconnect. For the latter the traps are invented, the “inventors” wanted to make sure the game will continue and for this to be sustained souls have to stay and play.

One of those traps is the pain. Pain equips you with a huge amount of new sensations not known by the loving soul. Pain causes trauma, trauma travels through the consciousness to the soul and confuses it. The soul doesn't know what to do with this experience or how to deal with it, the soul knows LOVE. It tries to understand it and to transform it into love but this requires certain abilities gained through trade-off when the soul agreed to the rules.of the game.
According to them in order to experience the new sensation such as pain you have to become small and hinder your powers. A very risky adventure for extremely curious entities willing to sacrifice something so precious. . Without powers you can be entrapped easier and this guarantees your participation, your long term involvement and and obedience.

The soul is busy to figure out how to deal with the traps and remains captured into the physical universe. The longer it stays the more it forgets why came here in the first place. It loses more and more of its power. Slowly but surely it becomes lost within the riddles of the pain, trying to solve them out. One day the soul finally sees through that all this pain is pointless, harmful and constrictive.
The real goal now is to regain its own powers, to remember and re-join with the true purpose of its existence. In a way the pain conveys realisation that there is no need for this experience, and can be seen as a gateway of the re-connection with the divine being, the creator.

Because

We are all creators who have forgotten how to create.

22nd February 2015, 11:41
Just started chapter 2 for the umpteenth time, god I love this book!

Remember the Kybalion? One principle: the universe is mental.

This principle is exactly the creator method utilised within this book. If only we were all responsible enough to know with absolute "certainty"(!) that every thought we have, word we speak,direction we glance and physical movement is if our very own design once awakened to it. Lest we continue believing in a world of restriction and victims mentality.

My Sunday is going great (again). Thanks SiStar :smiley hug:

Altaira
22nd February 2015, 11:58

If only we were all responsible enough to know with absolute "certainty"(!) that every thought we have, word we speak,direction we glance and physical movement is if our very own design once awakened to it. Lest we continue believing in a world of restriction and victims mentality.

Certainty is the most difficult skill to remember. We have been conditioning ourselves over millennia that we are weak and powerless. Now as I see it the time is irrelevant and it will take only determination to reverse this.

monk
22nd February 2015, 12:14
Certainty is only for those special people who know everything and everyone....lol

This is an amazing book, with the character "Talawanda" showing us all how fearful higher dimensionals are of coming here to "help"; Risk of imprisonment is too great.

I've said it before I'll say it again with the kind of self-deluded certainty only I am capable of; Everyone who cares most about us is here on Earth with us, and I for one do love you all so dearly for making the commitment.

Sebastion
24th February 2015, 14:48
The universe as we know it is indeed mental. In my out of body travels in this life, I went far beyond the mental regions and entered higher mind on many an occasion. Make no mistake, we have two minds and there-in lies the disconnect. As I understand it to be, all souls, entities, whatever you choose to call it, must pass through the mental region. It is there-in that the soul must take on lower mind if it wishes to extend itself into the lower worlds. Castaneda referred to it as being "their mind" yet lower mind and their mind is essentially the exact same thing.

Lower mind is/can be a very insidious thing. By its very design, it will never lead one to higher mind. Higher mind is the very antithesis of lower mind. Over the eons, higher mind has been all but totally forgotten and lower mind reigns supreme or so lower mind would have you believe. Mind cannot be used to seek mind because mind cannot grasp mind. However the spirit can be used to seek spirit and within that spiritual connection freedom from the lower world games can be found if that is your intent. It is the spirit which will lead you beyond the mental and into the truth of all things.

This principle is exactly the creator method utilised within this book. If only we were all responsible enough to know with absolute "certainty"(!) that every thought we have, word we speak,direction we glance and physical movement is if our very own design once awakened to it. Lest we continue believing in a world of restriction and victims mentality.

My Sunday is going great (again). Thanks SiStar :smiley hug:

Altaira
24th February 2015, 21:55
Hi Sebastion, all you are saying completely resonates with what I sense to be true. Can we assume that once we manage to disconnecte from the lower mind we can constantly reside withing the higher mind? Is such thing possible while we are in the human body or the body itself requires lower mind to operate?

Sebastion
25th February 2015, 23:23
The initial step into regaining one's own sovereignty is to become aware of the fact that you are aware of your own awareness and it is that awareness which is the essence of you. When you realize that, you should recognize also that your awareness is separate from the mind. It is from that awareness that you realize you are in charge of the mind, not the mind being in charge of you. You will realize that the mind is a tool which you are in charge of and its use is at your discretion. It is your own pure awareness which must reclaim the seat of power within you.

Your question regarding higher mind requires an extended, in-depth discussion over more then one post, so the short answer is both yes and no!

Hi Sebastion, all you are saying completely resonates with what I sense to be true. Can we assume that once we manage to disconnecte from the lower mind we can constantly reside withing the higher mind? Is such thing possible while we are in the human body or the body itself requires lower mind to operate?

blue
3rd April 2015, 18:41
I wish I could find the follow up book, both the author and t'other chap Gerrone? nend up on L Ron Hubbards 'hate list' Were they bumped off or just returned 'home naturally, the truth having set them free?

Altaira
3rd April 2015, 23:08
I wish I could find the follow up book, both the author and t'other chap Gerrone? nend up on L Ron Hubbards 'hate list' Were they bumped off or just returned 'home naturally, the truth having set them free?

There is no follow up book or at least I haven't fount it yet.
I'm not sure what you mean by
nend up on L Ron Hubbards 'hate list' Were they bumped off or just returned 'home naturally, the truth having set them free?

lookbeyond
4th April 2015, 05:49
The initial step into regaining one's own sovereignty is to become aware of the fact that you are aware of your own awareness and it is that awareness which is the essence of you. When you realize that, you should recognize also that your awareness is separate from the mind. It is from that awareness that you realize you are in charge of the mind, not the mind being in charge of you. You will realize that the mind is a tool which you are in charge of and its use is at your discretion. It is your own pure awareness which must reclaim the seat of power within you.

Your question regarding higher mind requires an extended, in-depth discussion over more then one post, so the short answer is both yes and no!

Hi Sebastion, i would really appreciate if you hav the time to read your long version of your answer. The Book really touched my heart and left me somewhat sad but also excited.. i find meditation difficult to relax "fully" into, ie truly letting go of myself/control/mind. I hav awareness that i am not my body as such, in fact sometimes i feel like im not me at all and that people react to this avatar- not me- sorry if this does not make sense,lb

Altaira
4th April 2015, 09:08

I would love to see this thread develops further in this direction Sebastion. Please continue as I see it is not just me who would like to read your insides.

Thank you,

Altaira

Sebastion
5th April 2015, 15:10
To finish directly answering your questions, I will add that one does not seek to disconnect from lower mind but rather rise beyond it, using your own innate awareness coupled with a powerful intent to do just that. Regarding living in higher mind fully, I would imagine that is fully possible if you lived high up in the mountains in a cave or a monastery. The problem with that is that you would be of no earthly value and you would find you could not relate at all, eventually, to other human beings period. My belief in that area is that you took human form to experience what being a human is all about. One cannot experience the variety of life on this planet by living exclusively in a monastery or a cave. As far as the body is concerned, it is given life and fueled by your own consciousness. There is much more to get into in that area which I have no desire to get into. So the short answer is no, the body is not wholly dependent on lower mind to function.

Jengelen
5th April 2015, 16:15
I am wondering if those who read this book would share what they think about it. Do you take it just as a fiction or do you think there is deep truth in it?

For me personally it had very deep impact as the concept that suggests who we are resonates with me a lot. I think there is a lot of truth behind the fiction and this was like a catalyser for my spiritual development. Since I read it I've been in constant search for answers what is behind the illusion, where is my higher self and how to stay connected with it all the time. While searching withing I found that my inner connectedness is growing stronger and the answers I've been searching for have become closer and manifested themselves with amazing synchronicity. I had the chance to meet wise people who have managed to explore this topic in great dept, I also think that thanks to all wonderful souls here on TOT my knowledge has expanded hugely. My understanding about my own path and journey is expanding every day and the wonders of this universe are unfolding in front of me in the most unexpected ways.
I still think that this little book can give something very valuable to everyone who reads it. From my perspective now I think that the word "should" which I used in the title of this thread is not a language mistake modwiz but unconscious choice that turned to be the right one.

I agree. I think this book is a good one to have as well as right beside it should be The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep. Using both of these one may actually step away and see the dream for what it is. Thanks for the link. I saw this years back and could never find it again. I too have bookmarked it.

Sebastion
5th April 2015, 16:49
Hi Lookbeyond, Learning to meditate for me initially was to hard so I chose to contemplate instead. In the beginning I had to fight hard to get the mind to stop it's incessant flow. It was only when I learned how to rise above my own river of thoughts when I chose to, in contemplation that I could begin to understand the difference between the mind's chatter, river of thoughts, etc. and then began to enter into the observer mode via awareness itself. It is not hard, it is simple, peaceful observing and can be very restful in itself. It's more about learning to discipline the mind and taking charge of it-you using the mind, not allowing the mind to use you! I know of no other way to do it beyond that. One simply builds a place within that is perfectly safe, natural and pleasant to experience. The "journey" begins from that point.

dianna
5th April 2015, 17:08
Just finished reading this … thanks … couple of really good quotes, I especially like this one

"If you want to be free, then become certain your illusions are real!"

http://drspikecook.com/files/2014/08/pic-create-reality-21wbzi4.jpg

Dreamtimer
8th April 2015, 14:28
Thanks, The One, for posting this so it could be read "on thread". I did and really enjoyed it. It's concise, clear and the heart of its message is easy to see and find again if need be. We're all swimming towards the truth.

sarahdita85
8th April 2015, 15:18
Just read this book for the first time, wow, i could practically feel the electricity inside me!!