PDA

View Full Version : The Alternative Community - who are we really and are we all kidding ourselves?

Calabash
7th March 2014, 11:48
It’s common knowledge that the Seven Deadly sins are:

Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Envy
Sloth
Wrath
Pride

Although that list could be added to, it’s still a pretty sound list of drawbacks that the chrysalis human being has to overcome before becoming a butterfly and leaving this mortal coil.

BUT, Given that the Book of Proverbs was thought to have been written during Solomon’s reign c.971-931 BC, do you think the human race is any further forward 3000+ years later? No, I don’t either . . . In fact the world seems to have (de)based its efforts to fulfil every one of those “sins” to the max.

This post was inspired by Ronin’s recent comments about the alternative community being full of bs, and highlighted by Fred:). That is largely because nothing that we (think we) know is factual. It’s based on what we’ve gleaned from the same sources as everyone else PLUS the extra stirring and even more misinformation that we get from the alternative community itself.

I’ve asked myself whether being a member of the alternative community has:

• enriched our lives
Sure, we’re better informed – or are we? All we really know is that the world is not run as we think it is and that things do not happen for the reason we think they do. But we’re no nearer to knowing the Truth other than having more information and we have become suspicious of everything

• made us better people
Speaking personally, I don’t think I’m any different to how I’ve ever been, except a little more disappointed at my spiritual achievements maybe

This is not an attack on the alternative community – and certainly not on the forum itself (I have received a lot of love here – sigh :)), but rather just an opening gambit for a wider discussion on the merits of the “alternative community” and whether we REALLY have any hope in hell of overcoming our genetic makeup?

The One
7th March 2014, 11:59
For me its brought like minded people from all over the world together that without these platforms would not exist.

Personally i would like to think that platforms like this do wake people up and teaches people different things.Even if its only a few then its worth it.We have many guest viewing threads/posts and i am sure they get a wealth of information from them.

Some peoples journey as just begun.Also with tot we seem to be more closely connect.I feel like we all know each other.

Some of us might get close to the answers we want in life but if we are all honest i don't think we will ever truly understand our existence

Cheers

KosmicKat
7th March 2014, 12:11
You ask the right question Calabash.

Any community is only one source of information from the many we can listen to. But it is important also, to ask the questions. And it is that part of us which starts by asking the question that already knows that there is an answer waiting to be found.

Highland1
7th March 2014, 13:15
For me its brought like minded people from all over the world together that without these platforms would not exist.

Spot on Malcolm,
the world and all its lifeforms are under constant attack and yet the 99% (who are maybe now 60%) are slowly starting to wake up.

Spreading awareness is the key that will hopefully start the revolution for humanity to regain its sovereignty.

If we gave in now we are lambs to the slaughter.

All around the world there are revolutions taking place against the local criminal governments and the banking cartels.

Thanks to the internet, the information we share is instant and is snowballing globally because the truth really is shocking.

We must never give up hope no matter how far down the rabbit hole we are.

What we share here may be common knowledge to us, which surely may grind us down, but for the newly awoken, they will spread the news instantly, to anywhere in the world.

I cannot imagine spreading the news by messenger pigeon can you?

Many believe this is our last chance to put things right?

I disagree,I think it may be our first chance to put things right, given humanity has been asleep for thousands of years.

Instant communication is our weapon of self defence and we are many against the few.

Not only is the forum a shared news platform but it is a wonderful place too to make friendships, share knowledge that can benefit all.

In fact, I have said this before, TOT is the only true school of learning that I have ever become blessed to be a part of and I thank all of you from my heart for accepting me and sharing your knowledge and experiences.

So, let us not lose heart and wonder whether what we do here is worthwhile or pointless, for it is essential, for everyone.

Russ

Fred Steeves
7th March 2014, 13:25
This post was inspired by Ronin’s recent comments about the alternative community being full of bs, and highlighted by Fred:). That is largely because nothing that we (think we) know is factual. It’s based on what we’ve gleaned from the same sources as everyone else PLUS the extra stirring and even more misinformation that we get from the alternative community itself.

-SNIP-

Sure, we’re better informed – or are we? All we really know is that the world is not run as we think it is and that things do not happen for the reason we think they do. But we’re no nearer to knowing the Truth other than having more information and we have become suspicious of everything

This reminds me of a line from a Bob Dylan song Calabash: "Every truth in the world adds up to one big lie". There's a lot of truth in that lol, and it's why I like to try and caution against assuming one is now awake. What is being awake? I see being awake as having returned full circle back to our original nature. I know I'm nowhere near there yet, not by a long shot! I'm just a traveler on this wild ride like everyone else, but one thing I *have* learned is that being "awake", is akin to viewing the Earth from different altitudes.

Most people don't even look up, but regardless one's view of their surroundings from ground level is very limited to say the least. When people have "awakenings", I think that's nothing more than suddenly viewing your surroundings from maybe 10' off the ground. "Oh my god I'm awake!!!". :fpalm: No, not if you'll consider what the view may be like from 20'. How about 100'? 1,000'? 10,000'? From the Moon or Mars, and on and on it goes. At which point is one awake, and aware of their surroundings? What was viewed from 1,000' as the "truth" of one's surroundings, was proven to be a "lie" when viewed from Mars.

This is what I've noticed in the alternative community. People have their 10' awakening, take it to maybe 100', or maybe even 1,000', but then they become content with that view and set up shop. Whether they have set up shop because of mistakenly assuming they can now see it all, or are just giving up the chase, this is the new chosen abode.

The "truth" is out there, and it actually wants to and delights in bits and pieces of it being discovered, but it wants to see that dogged and undaunted effort from the seeker in return. It's like a dance, and the truth will never be found from information alone. Information is vital yes, but that's only half the package. Spirit of course is intellect's partner, and Spirit is our connection to the Divine, whatever that may be. Spirit can reveal things intellect could never begin to grasp, yet intellect is a tremendous helper to Spirit, while often helping to keep it grounded.

I wouldn't trade this wild ride of gradual little, and sometimes bigger awakenings for anything. And you know what? I have the deceivers as much to thank for the gains in "altitude" as much as any others, maybe even more. Sometimes a crucial kernel of truth can only be discovered smack dab in the belly of the world's biggest lie.

Cheers

7th March 2014, 13:51
A great question asked....

I won't repeat the excellent points raised either other than to add mine own on top.

We have been raised in an era where the unknown is presumed to be easily evidenced and if it isn't then it's false. We (currently) span across generations that have science at it's forefront and is currently in the process of abandoning religious doctrine and replacing it with a scientific check list with which to know what is true. What separates the alternative community is that we are not satisfied with either.

Experiential knowledge cannot and should not be evidenced with someone else's criteria. Within this community ALL of us have experienced this prejudice at some point or another and both camps scoff. There are things that have happened to each and every one of us that we are 100% sure have occurred and with meaning. THAT binds us. THAT does not require evidencing from others......including oneself......unless you have an insecurity to prove its' validity to a third party.

Great thread.

Fred Steeves
7th March 2014, 16:52
Sooner or later IMO, the seeker will encounter the front gates of Robert Anton Wilson's "Chapel Perilous", and to proceed any further on the path one must enter, and some way find their way back out, hopefully with sanity still intact. Here is Wilson's short description of Chapel Perilous, but the bloggers short commentary is well worth the read if you are unfamiliar with this:

In researching occult conspiracies, one eventually faces a crossroad of mythic proportions (called Chapel Perilous in the trade). You come out the other side either stone paranoid or an agnostic; there is no third way. I came out agnostic.

Chapel Perilous, like the mysterious entity called "I," cannot be located in the space-time continuum; it is weightless, odorless, tastless and undetectable by ordinary instruments. Indeed, like the Ego, it is even possible to deny that it is there. And yet, even more like the Ego, once you are inside it, there doesn't seem to be any way to ever get out again, until you suddenly discover that it has been brought into existence by thought and does not exist outside thought. Everything you fear is waiting with slavering jaws in Chapel Perilous, but if you are armed with the wand of intuition, the cup of sympathy, the sword of reason, and the pentacle of valor, you will find there (the legends say) the Medicine of Metals, the Elixir of Life, the Philosopher's Stone, True Wisdom and Perfect Happiness.
http://www.mindmined.com/public_library/nonfiction/anonymous_my_cosmic_trigger_finger_is_broken.html

Of course if it is entered when not properly prepared for, Chapel Perilous will destroy your psyche, until such time as you are healed and ready to try it again. Likely not in this lifetime though. See I think the end journey for any seeker is necessarily a personal and solitary one. As former "truths" melt away, the only other place to search is within. There's nothing else to do, nowhere else to "go"... For all the good the alternative media *does also* do, I think it too will be a former "truth" that at some point needs to be shed in order to continue on.

The One
7th March 2014, 17:31
Sooner or later IMO, the seeker will encounter the front gates of Robert Anton Wilson's "Chapel Perilous", and to proceed any further on the path one must enter, and some way find their way back out, hopefully with sanity still intact. Here is Wilson's short description of Chapel Perilous, but the bloggers short commentary is well worth the read if you are unfamiliar with this:

http://www.mindmined.com/public_library/nonfiction/anonymous_my_cosmic_trigger_finger_is_broken.html

Of course if it is entered when not properly prepared for, Chapel Perilous will destroy your psyche, until such time as you are healed and ready to try it again. Likely not in this lifetime though. See I think the end journey for any seeker is necessarily a personal and solitary one. As former "truths" melt away, the only other place to search is within. There's nothing else to do, nowhere else to "go"... For all the good the alternative media *does also* do, I think it too will be a former "truth" that at some point needs to be shed in order to continue on.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe you are being led up the garden path Fred.Maybe we all are.I say this follow your own path and leave a trail

When you are through changing you are through.I have not lost my mind yet

Cheers

Chickadee
8th March 2014, 01:22
What exactly is alternative community? Is it cyber space relationships or just the information that is passed in places like this?
I love filling my noodle with new information and reading, but it has become more and more infiltrated by those who wish to obstruct truth. As of lately, I find it hard to follow any type of media offered tv or Internet. It distracts me from being present in living and being.
I've turned to books and flip through paper pages with the reward of gratification of these books.
I'm not really trying to make a point of any sort- I just popped in briefly.
Speaking of alternative community; while at a book shop the other day- I actually for the first time saw a David Wilcox book. It made me smile and chuckle- " way to go mr Wilcox .. Congratulations!"
To each their own.
Just don't get to wrapped up in all this madness and lose sight of enjoying this 3D experience. Make the best of it :)

donk
8th March 2014, 14:39
The "alternative community" describes when a bunch of similar minded people describe and agree upon a phenomon not openly accepted by the joe-6-pack next door.

Like any community, as the group grows, a bad apple or two generally steer it into a sort of heirarchy, were as time goes by less and less outside viewpoints are accepted, and as more time goes by--the core beliefs (and any guru that seems to support them) become aggressively defended, and any questioning of them becomes an attack (to the more vocal top of the pyramid types...and this trickles down).

As the alternative community is focused on spirituality and self awareness (liking to call it "truth"), there are more (well, more often than in mainstream) dissenters, with slightly more people supporting and respecting opposing views, but in reality there are enough people fearful of challenging the sacred beliefs and just as many (and just as zealous) psychophants who irrationally and emotionally defend the status quo.

That's why the mantra is "go within" and "know thyself", cuz as soon as you challenge a leading voice in the alternative community, it becomes the same as the mainstream communities, and the more vocal opposers of your ideas will shout you down just as loud (and accuse of being the one doing it)...so the only way to rise above it is to exit the fray, as the main weapon of the defenders of the sacred beliefs and status quo and favored members is to project attacks, set up straw men, and arrogantly project attacks and projections on those that have different thoughts.

So...it's an "as above, so below" situation (like everything else). The only difference is that in that the very nature of the alt community idea is to question everything. And just like in main stream, lots of people can talk the talk, but very few are able to walk the path

Eelco
8th March 2014, 15:31
So...it's an "as above, so below" situation (like everything else). The only difference is that in that the very nature of the alt community idea is to question everything. And just like in main stream, lots of people can talk the talk, but very few are able to walk the path

Here here,

Although i'd like to add that i feel many are walking the talk all on their own. Without a need to ventelate their views outside their small circle of social contacts.
never heard of the new age community or never affiliated to such a outside mainstream community.

Really over the last week I am humbled about the common sense knowledge many people seem to posses and act upon although they seem to be your average jack or jill. Its only in chalanging their view of mainstream societal stuuf and the way I'd like to relate to it that any struggle of difference in believes occurs.

The sentence they don't like me when I'm a buddhist, but they love me when i'm a Buddha has helped me on more than one occasion this week.

With Love
Eelco

modwiz
8th March 2014, 16:31
Any community is only as good as the ratio of functional to dysfunctional people that make it up are. A few 'bad apples' can only spoil a bunch of do nothing or following apples. The signs of sociopathy present themselves fairly early on when communities self form. It is incumbent on the collective body to exert an immune response at the first sign of these pathogens. Instead we have undiscerning 'cells' that allow a virus to infect them and thereby replicate the conceptual/ideological DNA.

There would be no cults without followers. Followers make cults exist. Most cult followers are finding an emotional need catered to and become dependent on this particular matrix.

Followers of cults do not 'know themselves' and are settling for an outside definition to fill the vacuum created by this lack of inner work and higher self connectivity.

A real alternative community would have multiple real world examples instead of a cyber community living within and supporting the Matrix.

With all that said, the cyber alt-community is now coming into its adolescence and I see a very real sorting out process occurring. This is empowering. What is happening on the world stage, especially the crisis in the Ukraine, is a playing out this selective process. With pathogens and their infected minions on one side and the rest of the world finding new paths out of the old paradigm. Sovereignty and adherence to basic agreements and understandings, using existing law methods, is part of the new paradigm. War, mischief making and predatory financial traps are part of the old.

BabaRa
8th March 2014, 17:02
My perspective: I've learned some interesting and important things - and I believe shared or taught some things. As to ultimate Truth - I'm not sure there is one and perhaps that is the ultimate Truth. Truth, like everything else expands and grows - if we allow it.

Concerning TOT, which has been my alternate community now for quite a while. I think we've learned a lot about how to relate to one another and listen to a different perspective. When I first came to this community my thoughts were: "Oh no, here we go again," same old bickering and in-fighting as all the others. But because it was a smaller community and more manageable as to knowing the players, I stayed.

And then something happened. :magic:, For me, it was like magic - or I prefer the word miracle. I'm not sure what brought it about. Was around the time Spiral suddenly left and right on his heels Malc had to take a leave a absence as well. I was the only moderator around (new at it) and was getting many PM's a day asking "What's happening." I kept telling everyone: Things are fine - even though I had no clue if they would be. Modwiz stepped up behind me in a way I never expected. . . . . . and then BIG CHANGES . . . . everyone stepped up. Perhaps it was because we suddenly realized: Hey, this whole Forum could just go away one day - Bing - just like that - and it made us realize how much we'd miss each other. Maybe it was our bonding of concerns over Malc and Spiral. Maybe it was the Universe sending new energies - All of the above or none of the above. I only know it happened and everyone felt it and dang it: We liked the way it felt. :sun: It's like the sun came out from behind the clouds.

We instantly became kinder, more respectful, more open to entertaining new ideas and we bonded at a deeper level. And it pretty much has stayed.

We actually became a self-governed community working towards the goal of understanding the many questions that this world brings to our doorstep.

WOW! . . . I say appreciate were we are, and remember were we came from so we don't slide back. I say: pat ourselves on the back. We did what so many other communities are never successful at accomplishing, working together harmoniously as a team. All leaders, all followers. Or a better way to say: All teachers, all students.

Can we get better - of course, if that is our goal. It is mine.

Edit: I might add: Perhaps that is what waking up really is: Learning to work together harmoniously for the good of the whole.

Seikou-Kishi
8th March 2014, 17:24
Rescinded

modwiz
8th March 2014, 17:36
My perspective: I only know it happened and everyone felt it and dang it: We liked the way it felt. :sun: It's like the sun came out from behind the clouds.

We instantly became kinder, more respectful, more open to entertaining new ideas and we bonded at a deeper level. And it pretty much has stayed.

We actually became a self-governed community working towards the goal of understanding the many questions that this world brings to our doorstep.

WOW! . . . I say appreciate were we are, and remember were we came from so we don't slide back. I say: pat ourselves on the back. We did what so many other communities are never successful at accomplishing, working together harmoniously as a team. All leaders, all followers. Or a better way to say: All teachers, all students.

Can we get better - of course, if that is our goal. It is mine.

Edit: I might add: Perhaps that is what waking up really is: Learning to work together harmoniously for the good of the whole.

Thanks for helping the Elders remember that turning point and savor it for the accomplishment it is. It was a breakthrough point. A manifestation of a new paradigm of 'namaste', so to speak. One is truly in acknowledgment the divinity within each when respect and sovereignty informs behavior. Communication is largely free of inflammatory language (except when Vitalux forgets to take his medicine:p) and real dialogue emerges.

The dedication of TOT members to make this forum a high quality one, and a social example, is one that touches my heart. I did make a conscious choice to see what I could contribute to the forum and at the very least I got lucky.:shocked:

It is a pleasure to spend time with such fine and honorable folk, making a difference by way of demonstration. I cannot think of one exception to this.

Not one.:wiz:

modwiz
8th March 2014, 17:54

Great summation here. The good of the whole worldview is certainly a manifestation, one of the important fruits, of waking up and a foundation to build upon. A strong foundation. Working in harmony will unleash a bounty we have not yet beheld in these bodies. Divisions are coming down because they are being seen as unteneable not just because people are learning of 'conspiracies'. Conspiracy is just a distraction to a world that can see what can be happening between nations, instead of the criminal mess, and want to get on with creating that world.

Our learning to work together coherently is kryptonite to the control matrix.

modwiz
8th March 2014, 18:30
It is easy for muckrakers and sowers of contention to add spice to a simmering pot that many hands are already contributing to. In a cohesive setting where debate and questions follow a certain cultural etiquette, growing out of practicality and understanding, pathological behavior is seen for what it is and an immune response results. A strong immune system dis-invites trouble.

Herbert
8th March 2014, 18:47
Karen bishop wrote this article below in 2009. I don't agree with how she puts some things , I mean Earth is perfectly capable of looking after herself, it is mankind that needed to clean up their act and She uses the word ascension where I would say inscension or reintegration. It is society and our relationship with organic reality that we need to recreate. Not the Earth who has been patiently waiting and assisting in humanity's reawakening.

A forum may start out reflecting the sick society in which we have been raised but it should ideally move in a direction through cooperation and sharing to end up reflecting the society we want to create from the inside out. Avalon began with the latter in mind, at least that is what I thought when I joined up , but it moved in the opposite direction to a point where it reflects the sickness of the society we want to change. Not because the members are sick. Often they are the most enlightened; but because there exists a mindset at the core which uses policing methods with an undermining agenda as I have come to learn

This forum has a different feel to it and I hope we can set the example for what we need to achieve, not by patting ourselves on the back for being 'above average intelligence' (vis a vis Avalon) but by allowing that feelings and inner intuitive resonance with organic reality is every bit as valid and often closer to the truth than so-called scientific fact or should I say tentative theories which are some how manufactured into laws.

With those qualifications in mind this is a good article. And I would like to add mention of a truth I have come to learn through those vague feelings that start out in the body and eventually can be translated into words by the left brain. On some occasions , when two people agree to become friends, it gives permission to their higher selves to mingle and in that mingling greater truths are realized through what I would describe as harmonic overtones - magic is afoot and it feels quite wonderful like the stuff dreams are made of. A symphony of bent light prisms.

Here is the article for those who may be becoming discouraged:

To sum things up in regard to those asking for more clarity: We have been letting go of most of everything, in order to arrive somewhere new that vibrates higher. We do not get to take suitcases with us, or rather baggage. Our roles of healing others or the planet are now over, as that phase is now complete. Thus, we are now moving into new territory that involves creating a very new planet Earth. We were also allowed choices as to where we want to go and what we want to create. For those who chose to create a new heaven on earth: Because we are the creators of the new Earth, there is nothing here yet. We are in new and vast territory. It is thus, empty. It is empty because it is up to us to create something new. We can no longer create alone, nor exist alone, as separation is a lower vibrating existence. We will create by connecting to each other.
When we connect to each other, we automatically go into a higher vibrating space, and miracles occur. We can no longer go it alone, nor be alone, nor make anything happen by ourselves. We had to really die before we could be reborn into this new reality. In this way, we may have felt like much decay was occurring within and without, like there was absolutely nothing left of us, and as if we were living in hell. We may have felt totally and completely exhausted for the past few years, and we may have felt that we no longer had guides, the ability to create a thing, or our usual higher vibrating experiences. This is all normal (we are at the level of our guides now, so we need to rely on ourselves and our inner wisdom. We also could not create anything, as we could not take anything with us, so we had to be very empty in all ways).
So now, here we are in a vast new land. For some of us, we are still being held back to the degree that those whom we will be connecting to, are still being placed in their new spots, or are still “finishing up.” Or perhaps we are still not ready ourselves. I know for me, that I am in a resting phase, from all the excitement of getting here, along with all of the losses I incurred. Although I am very aware of my new endeavors, I am not yet ready to jump into them quite yet. I need some down time. We are also aligning with these new and higher vibrating energies, so all that we will be creating in times to come, may not yet be in our awareness quite yet. But do know, that it will be when the time is right. And there are still decisions being made at the higher levels (our subconscious soul levels) as well, as to how things may unfold in the best way possible.
This new energy that we are currently being infused with, will align us, connect us to our “soul signatures,” and assist in making everything very clear for what we want to do next. It is all about what we have always known. It is what we really came here to do. It is finally time. We are aligning with this higher vibrating energy right now... this is what this latest alignment and infusion is all about.
The higher we vibrate and the more we find ourselves existing in these higher vibrating spaces, the more we come to realize and experience how great the chasm is between one dimension and another. If ever we find ourselves interacting with lower vibrating energies, it can come as a real shock to our systems. Higher vibrating energy moves very fast and vibrates fast. When it comes into contact with a slower vibrating energy, it can feel like a real train wreck… like hitting a brick wall going a hundred miles per hour. Shock and bewilderment at the behavior and energy of these lower vibrating energies is a common and normal experience. It can stop us in our tracks, as it simply does not fit in with our current experience or awareness.
These experiences of colliding energies many times occur when we have been very nice, helpful, extended ourselves, been “giving” or accommodating, and very loving to other energies. The reason we have a big collision or a very unpleasant experience, is because we no longer belong in these spaces. These energies do not “see” us, they do not appreciate us, and they are basically telling us to get out as our higher vibrating energy will only serve to bring up the vibration, and we are no longer supposed to be doing this. Our days of serving the old world, of helping the old world, of extending ourselves, and of being present in the old world are very over.
Being the naturally loving souls that we are, this can be a bitter pill to swallow. Yes, of course we can “visit” the old world for brief periods and be loving, but when it is time to move on, we will be pushed out through interacting with disrespectful and unappreciative energies. The best remedy is simply not to interact at all. If we choose to call these energies on their seeming rude and arrogant behaviour, the fire is only fueled, and these energies become even more difficult to deal with. Removing ourselves from them is what is being called for, so that is most always the best thing to do. These are strong reminders that we need no longer be fulfilling our old roles…it is now time for us.
As we begin connecting to like energies now, we will find that pockets of energy will reveal themselves to us that simply feel great. And yes, we will be creating very new spaces of these feel good energies ourselves, but in the meantime, there are still spaces available that already exist. I love my Credit Union (substitute what you like – Farm cooperative). Now needing to visit a new branch as I have recently moved, I love going there. It was like coming home to family. Their philosophy is that the customers or members are what matter, as that is what comprises the Credit Union…it is made up of members with shares of the “bank.” One teller tells me that he began his job there with quite a commute, but would not leave for anything, as he really loves the people he works with. Another employee tells me that she loves it there, as the past year had her working at different banks, she was very unhappy, and here, the priority is the members, and she would not leave for anything. There is a real experience of the whole going on there. And they all want to know all about me as well. And I like knowing about all of them

KosmicKat
9th March 2014, 13:32
As to ultimate Truth - I'm not sure there is one and perhaps that is the ultimate Truth. Truth, like everything else expands and grows - if we allow it.

I don't expect to achieve a complete understanding of the truth as long as I try to understand it using a mind rooted in a material two-lobed brain. But I do expect to approach a complete understanding if we continue to share new discoveries whether we meet in a physical, or post-physical form.

As an example, there is the question of infinity; perhaps it is the complications introduced by trying to present a mathematical idea in non-mathematical language, but I cannot conceive of numbers beyond infinity. To say that a number beyond infinity is equal to infinity plus "x" is to ignore the nature of infinity, which defies limitation by definition.

Calabash
15th March 2014, 13:31
I guess this belongs on the Courtney Brown thread but it ties in nicely with the messages here.

I haven't seen CB's video yet. But imo whatever the daily bulletins he gave leading up to today have been the real "gift". Courtney Brown's daily messages gave us the idea that things would get better - and some of us believed that this could and would happen.

If we had ALL truly believed then just MAYBE the Shift would have started and we'd be on our way to bigger and better things. But we didn't because who we are are the people described in the original OP. While some on the forum believed CB from the word go, some (me included) sat on the fence, others were suspicious and still others were downright disbelieving. That's who we are on the forum - and we're no different from people outside the forum because we're human beings whose blueprint has not changed in the last 3,000+ years.

We have to raise our game and believe that we can, or perhaps it's the other way round and we have to believe we can to raise our game . . .

BabaRa
15th March 2014, 17:34
I guess this belongs on the Courtney Brown thread but it ties in nicely with the messages here.

I haven't seen CB's video yet. But imo whatever the daily bulletins he gave leading up to today have been the real "gift". Courtney Brown's daily messages gave us the idea that things would get better - and some of us believed that this could and would happen.

If we had ALL truly believed then just MAYBE the Shift would have started and we'd be on our way to bigger and better things. But we didn't because who we are are the people described in the original OP. While some on the forum believed CB from the word go, some (me included) sat on the fence, others were suspicious and still others were downright disbelieving. That's who we are on the forum - and we're no different from people outside the forum because we're human beings whose blueprint has not changed in the last 3,000+ years.

We have to raise our game and believe that we can, or perhaps it's the other way round and we have to believe we can to raise our game . . .

Excellent points - I concur!

modwiz
15th March 2014, 18:02

That was a good one, Calabash.

Eelco
15th March 2014, 18:29
That's who we are on the forum - and we're no different from people outside the forum because we're human beings

Thank you,

I feel the above statement hit the nail on the head.
That said it is equally true that the people outside the forum are no different than us.

But then you said that allready.
:smiley hug:

With Love
Eelco