PDA

View Full Version : Symbol Ba$&*�0

22nd February 2014, 16:53
Apologies for the ambiguity of the thread title but it contains an expletive I'm afraid.

I am operating for a Facebook group with a rapper friend of mine called Symbol *******. Anyone is free to join if you want to come along and vent your frustration at large organisations who behave unethically or irresponsibly.

My first victim is Vodafone, please see below.

"To whom it does concern,

Whilst casually researching the Klu Klux Klan in an attempt to understand mans' inhumanity towards his fellow man, I happened upon an unfortunate oddity that deserves bringing to the attention of Vodafone. As the worlds' third largest telecommunications company, I am amazed that none of your highly trained (not to mention intelligent) personnel have drawn the unmissable paralell between the Vodafone logo and that of the Klu Klux Klan.

You will be disturbed to discover a solitary red speech mark on a white background, presumably to represent the blood drops of the immigrants spilled in the name of fascism, bigotry and pseudo-nationalism perpetrated by individuals who themselves walk on land that was stolen by their ancestors. It is not a comfortable exercise for me to compare and contrast the Vodafone logo with such a disgusting organisation, but as you will clearly see......a spade is a spade.

Whilst further pontificating, aghast, deeply concerned and violated (not to mention feeling snidely mocked), it became an obvious leap in logic for me to assume that in the case of Vodafone, the symbol was indeed a speech mark befitting of a communications company. I am certain that this will be the company's official stance on the staggering similarity? I think therefore, that Vodafone should seriously question exactly WHAT they are communicating to their customers and the world at large?!

In my opinion (and that of millions of people affected by racism every day [once they realise what I have]) Vodafone should change its' logo and Sir Christopher Gent (your chairman) should personally see to it as a matter of immediate, severe urgency. Being Knighted by the Her Majesty the Queen carries implied accountability and responsibility to behave in a responsible and trustworthy manner as a bastion of morality and the pillars that hold up British society. If this logo is NOT changed, Sir Chris will be acting completely contrary to those qualities that should be (please tell me they are) implied upon acceptance from Her Royal Highness and that is exactly how it will appear to the world at large through the medium of a badly researched (at best) or deliberately provocative and dangerous (at worst) symbol. I might also remind your friends at GlaxoSmithKline that by association they are entirely complicit in this highly embarrassing, shameful situation.

I look forward to a sensible response and the swift transmutation of your logo, which would of course be the actions of a company that behaves in an ethical and responsible manner. It would be unfortunate to inform Buckingham Palace that an error of judgement has occurred.

Wishing you all the very best for the future and in business.

Kind Regards"

jimmer
22nd February 2014, 17:35
coincidence?
why would this conglomerate display an inspiration
of a neo-fascist org? I bet you have some execs. scurrying ; )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4oVwzx2qIA

22nd February 2014, 17:40
I certainly hope so Jimmer! We shall see.....

If anyone has any idea where else I can send this within Vodafone to give it maximum exposure I would be grateful. Their website is deliberately obtuse and one has to either hang around online waiting for a live response or out it in actual writing and post it, seriously in this day and age wtf? Probs tactical on their part?...

Altaira
22nd February 2014, 18:32
Ben I love this and your astute style of writing, I hope those who will read it will know what you are referring to because if not they will just bin it. I hope you will post their reply if you get one.

Seikou-Kishi
22nd February 2014, 18:41
Ah, 777, I swell with admiration and gratitude.

Wolf Khan
23rd February 2014, 01:35
Their web-site is the way it is, to forestall communication. I was once a vodafone customer, now of course, I am Not. That was several years ago.

25th February 2014, 19:32
It is worthy of note that our first exploit is now Live on BBC Essex news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-26337662

Well worth a read.

Tribe
8th June 2014, 20:49
How did this progress brother ? Xx

9th June 2014, 13:00
How did this progress brother ? Xx

I haven't actually pursued this any further but I will be. It usually depends on how vindictive I'm feeling mwuuuaaaahahaha!

:grin: