PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in mind over matter? Have you tested it? Your results

BabaRa
17th February 2014, 23:27
I have always said I believe in mind over matter, but can I say for sure it works? hmm, the only thing I can think of: Is Placebos work - at least some of the time, for some people - I have had no personal experience with Placebos.

I began to think about what that means "mind over matter".

Does that mean my mind has some influence or power over matter. Well, I guess Heisenberg's principle has proved we effect the outcome of experiments, so - - If that's the case, why am I not using it in that way. After all, life is an experiment

Is Mind over Matter the same as manifesting consciously? . . I t often do that and with good pretty good results.

Just wonder what everyone else's experience has been around this statement.

modwiz
18th February 2014, 00:11
I believe mind over matter and conscious manifesting are inextricably linked. Mind over matter is always in effect, as a general statement only.(over not being my favorite word for this) Manifesting 'consciously', not so much.:D

This has been my experience.

Fred Steeves
18th February 2014, 01:04
Is Mind over Matter the same as manifesting consciously? . .

Hi Barbara, I prefer mind = matter.

sandy
18th February 2014, 04:28
Personally I like >>>if you don't mind it doesn't matter. I tend to use this one a lot lately as it seems to work best for me !! :whstl:

Seikou-Kishi
18th February 2014, 05:35
Hypnosis is (subconscious) mind over matter when the hypnosis involves bodily matters. I have seen very many examples of the subconscious mind "editing" the body. If you bring your conscious mind into harmony with your subconscious mind, you can gain conscious access to the subconscious mind's power and thereby change the body consciously. This is a specific part of the "know thyself" thing that people hate for it's seeming generality and vagueness. If you do not know yourself, and yet try to change yourself, you're shooting in the dark and success is a matter of luck and not effort or "deserving". On the other hand, if you know yourself, you know the currents that flow beneath the surface of your mind and are able to plot your course with confidence that you will end up where you wish to go.

As an example of the subconscious mind editing the body... I knew a woman with cancer. The chemotherapy caused her to lose her hair, but the hair eventually regrew. When it did, it was neither the same colour nor the same texture as it was originally. She'd long since tossed aside wigs, but the new hair made her feel self-conscious. She asked if I could help her with it, and I did. We sat down and discussed how she would most like her hair to look, and she said that her hair had a vibrancy in youth that it lost as she got older, and thought "in for a penny", as they say. So we got to it and her hair rapidly regrew just as she remembered it. Frankly, I didn't think it had any more vibrancy than before the chemotherapy, but she seemed to think it did lol, which is more important. I guess it was a matter of interpretation. Anyway, she wanted my help for this thing, but would not accept any help I could have given her for the cancer itself. She believed hypnotherapy couldn't be that powerful and, of course, for her, she was right. I had hoped the hair change might give her a feeling for the power of her subconscious, but she remained adamant that hypnotherapy couldn't solve cancer and so it didn't.

In both ways, we have an example of the mind altering the body. I was able to help her instruct her subconscious to alter the way her hair grew. At the same time, her insistent belief that hypnotherapy was powerless in the face of cancer meant even if I managed to talk her into giving it a try, her doubts would have blocked any attempt (hypnotists will know this). Ordinarily, if somebody has doubts that hypnotherapy will work but they wish to try anyway, I will edit out those doubts and thereby open up the path to success (doubt on either the hypnotist's part or the client's part will totally shut down success). Once the doubts are out of the way, replaced by the certainty that hypnosis will help, inevitably it does. This is something a lot of other hypnotists don't understand, that they can transform impossibility. Unfortunately, for those who do not understand this, a sense of inevitability is common as it was in this case. She readily believed hypnosis could help her with a minor matter, but assumed some great law ensured cancer could not be dealt with in the same way — of course, it wouldn't be; I'd lengthen the process and complicate the procedure to satisfy the need on the part of the client that things be complicated, but the principle would be the same.

So yes, it's quite easy to see mind over matter. And with the things that seem like they should be harder, work on that perception of difficulty or impossibility and the difficult and the impossible both become easy.

BabaRa
18th February 2014, 17:40
Hypnosis is (subconscious) mind over matter when the hypnosis involves bodily matters. I have seen very many examples of the subconscious mind "editing" the body. If you bring your conscious mind into harmony with your subconscious mind, you can gain conscious access to the subconscious mind's power and thereby change the body consciously. This is a specific part of the "know thyself" thing that people hate for it's seeming generality and vagueness. If you do not know yourself, and yet try to change yourself, you're shooting in the dark and success is a matter of luck and not effort or "deserving". On the other hand, if you know yourself, you know the currents that flow beneath the surface of your mind and are able to plot your course with confidence that you will end up where you wish to go.

As an example of the subconscious mind editing the body... I knew a woman with cancer. The chemotherapy caused her to lose her hair, but the hair eventually regrew. When it did, it was neither the same colour nor the same texture as it was originally. She'd long since tossed aside wigs, but the new hair made her feel self-conscious. She asked if I could help her with it, and I did. We sat down and discussed how she would most like her hair to look, and she said that her hair had a vibrancy in youth that it lost as she got older, and thought "in for a penny", as they say. So we got to it and her hair rapidly regrew just as she remembered it. Frankly, I didn't think it had any more vibrancy than before the chemotherapy, but she seemed to think it did lol, which is more important. I guess it was a matter of interpretation. Anyway, she wanted my help for this thing, but would not accept any help I could have given her for the cancer itself. She believed hypnotherapy couldn't be that powerful and, of course, for her, she was right. I had hoped the hair change might give her a feeling for the power of her subconscious, but she remained adamant that hypnotherapy couldn't solve cancer and so it didn't.

In both ways, we have an example of the mind altering the body. I was able to help her instruct her subconscious to alter the way her hair grew. At the same time, her insistent belief that hypnotherapy was powerless in the face of cancer meant even if I managed to talk her into giving it a try, her doubts would have blocked any attempt (hypnotists will know this). Ordinarily, if somebody has doubts that hypnotherapy will work but they wish to try anyway, I will edit out those doubts and thereby open up the path to success (doubt on either the hypnotist's part or the client's part will totally shut down success). Once the doubts are out of the way, replaced by the certainty that hypnosis will help, inevitably it does. This is something a lot of other hypnotists don't understand, that they can transform impossibility. Unfortunately, for those who do not understand this, a sense of inevitability is common as it was in this case. She readily believed hypnosis could help her with a minor matter, but assumed some great law ensured cancer could not be dealt with in the same way — of course, it wouldn't be; I'd lengthen the process and complicate the procedure to satisfy the need on the part of the client that things be complicated, but the principle would be the same.

So yes, it's quite easy to see mind over matter. And with the things that seem like they should be harder, work on that perception of difficulty or impossibility and the difficult and the impossible both become easy.

I love this story, Seikou-Kishi . It is always interesting to me to see a person's belief system and how it effects their choices in life - and also how it contributes to what they manifest.

Also interesting from the standpoint of how we categorize what's easy and what's more difficult. (And of course the medical industry has done much in creating Fear around cancer - and then they 'prove it' by giving us chemo and radiation as solutions!)

It's also a great story because it helps me to remember to reflect on my core beliefs - and how they are effecting my life.

BabaRa
18th February 2014, 17:44
I love this story, Seikou-Kishi . It is always interesting to me to see a person's belief system and how it effects their choices in life - and also how it contributes to what they manifest.

Also interesting from the standpoint of how we categorize what's easy and what's more difficult. (And of course the medical industry has done much in creating Fear around cancer - and then they 'prove it' by giving us chemo and radiation as solutions!)

It's also a great story because it helps me to remember to reflect on my core beliefs - and how they are effecting my life.

Sandy
Personally I like >>>if you don't mind it doesn't matter. I tend to use this one a lot lately as it seems to work best for me !!

And Sandy, that's a wonderful philosophy to guide one through life. It's no wonder you look so happy and carefree! Keep up the good work.

Altaira
19th February 2014, 08:55
Hi Barbara, I prefer mind = matter.

I agree with this Fred, I think it is always a problem when we try to bend either mind or the mater. So far many still live without even knowing the power of mind, they can't even imagine that the mind can have any influence over the matter and for this reason we are where we are now. We are on the verge of destroying everything that lives on this planet because some think the matter is everything that exists in the universe and they are clever enough to manipulate it with their tiny minds.

Some who have discovered the power of the mind try to use it to bend the mater, this have existed for centuries and the most common name for this is magic. Those who consciously use their mind to bend the mater are caught in the illusion that by ruling over the matter humans can become gods like, they will be able to manipulate the matter for their own purpose or for gaining even more power. This is as destructive as the first group who wants to rule through the powers of the mater. Of course in both cases there are many benevolent humans who are guided by pure love and try not to use their knowledge to destroy and rule but to create so ruling over matter or mind is not always negative, it is just happened that negative individuals are more persistent in their efforts to gain power and for this reason everything seems so gloomy.

In all cases I personally think that we have to search for balance, not rule one over another but to consciously use both to create in the name of love. If we manage to do this probably most of our our problems will not to exist and this world will be harmonious place where we can develop our true potential and explore the matter through knowledge not trough manipulation. Having said that I am not sure if this is possible as my knowledge is very limited but I wish it was that way. :cloud:

Cearna
22nd February 2014, 01:42

This is one of those stories people may find hard to read, but As I have said more times than enough, I started off looking into life when I knew I was slow dieing, however I had no idea what of. I set about going into all kinds of therapies, and two weeks after my first rebirth, I suddenly knew, it was all- right I could live now, but I had no intentions of continuing living the way I had been, I had no idea how I needed to live, because until that time, I had just been existing, so I told myself I would now live and would have to search for the way I really wanted to live. At a later date, my Homeopath told me my Higher Self was coming to be next to me, and told me how to bring him down, which I did. When I found I could hear, he told me I had a disease which no one here, could cure, not even myself. That is when the two Archangels came to heal me for 3 months, nightly, at the end of which they told me I was cured. Through it all, I had no fear of the disease because still no one had told me what it was. My mind stayed fixed on the one thing, and that was to live in a way that was right for me. During this time, I kept seeing a cancer in my sisters breast, getting steadily bigger, and told her it was there, please get it seen to - she thought I was a nut job.

Two or three years after that, I got a phone call from her to let me know she had just had a mastectomy. She believed in mind over matter. She had always told me my fathers illness were from thinking himself into it , and so were mine. She was determined to use mind over matter, to clear it all up, however, she always added on to that, if it is my turn to go then so be it. She developed lung cancer and had a terrible time with chemo and radiation. Then she died.

Some years later I asked why did she die and I didn't, I was told, because my only focus was on the fact that I was to live in a new way and I never deviated from that, whereas, although she believed she could defeat cancer, by her mind, and she kept believing in that, she also allowed for the fact that she just might not be able to do so, it wasn't her time to go, but she eventually gave in.

A friend of mine also had breast cancer, and was determined to fight it, because she had two children to see into adulthood, they were nearly there. Hers then went to her spine, and she agreed with me that she felt she was lacking in support and nurturing for herself, but she knew deep down that she really wanted to go, so her heart was torn with providing for the children, but really feeling she wanted to struggle no more. So that has been my experience, you can achieve wonders with mind over matter, but the stimulus must be so positive and intensely focussed , along with seeing the changes happening, to make you want to get to that goal, it can have ever increasing goal lines, and you need to clarify what you are seeking along the way, be prepared to switch and change as your development shows you the way,