PDA

View Full Version : Opsie newsreader makes a boo boo

Tribe
18th September 2013, 13:53
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2424347/Simon-McCoy-shows-latest-gadget-BBC-newsreaders-stack-photocopier-paper-mistook-IPAD.html

Simon McCoy shows off the latest must-have gadget for BBC newsreaders: a stack of photocopier paper that he mistook for an IPAD
The 51-year-old presenter was doing a piece to camera on 'drunk tanks'
The BBC later said that he had picked up the paper roll by mistake
He has previously been seen briefly resting his head on the desk

Tablet computers and iPads have become something of a regular prop held by newsreaders and television presenters while they talk to camera.
But BBC News presenter Simon McCoy left viewers baffled when he introduced a feature about 'drunk tanks' by holding something slightly less technical.
The 51-year-old broadcaster had intended to pick up his trusted iPad when the cameras prepared to roll in the BBC studios - but instead grabbed a pack of photocopier paper.

A spokeswoman for BBC News explained: 'This morning as Simon McCoy was preparing to introduce this story, instead of picking up his tablet to hold as he went to air, he mistakenly picked up a ream of paper that was sitting next to it.
'In the rush of live news, he didn’t have an opportunity to swap the items, so simply went with it.'
In the past the presenter has been seen briefly resting his head on the desk when cameras cut to him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2424347/Simon-McCoy-shows-latest-gadget-BBC-newsreaders-stack-photocopier-paper-mistook-IPAD.html#ixzz2fFgqmzyi
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Seikou-Kishi
20th September 2013, 04:47
It just goes to show how much is for show.

Sooz
20th September 2013, 08:01
I must admit to a strange moment this morning. I would never share except here on TOT.

I get my normal morning paper on my iPad now, right?

Well, this morning, I opened my morning paper on the iPad, on my back porch outside. Set it up and went to get my morning coffee.

Then I looked around for my usual brick of wood to keep the paper from flying away in the wind! Yep, true story! A complete retard I am.

Old habits die hard, LOL, LOL, LOL!!!!!!!!!!:hilarious:

Sooz