PDA

View Full Version : Sanitas Radio - Dr. Carolyn Dean, M.D., N.D. - The Magnesium Miracle

Kathy
8th February 2014, 18:14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KSOsCBMK_E

"MAGNESIUM: - the spark of life - the miracle mineral Magnesium is the body's most important mineral. Over the past 100 years, magnesium has become the most depleted mineral on earth.

Every known illness is associated with a magnesium deficiency and magnesium is the most critical mineral required for electrical stability of every cell in the body. A magnesium deficiency may be responsible for more diseases than any other nutrient.

Magnesium is more important than calcium, potassium or sodium and regulates all three of them. Millions suffer daily from magnesium deficiency without even knowing it.

Every single cell in the human body demands adequate magnesium to function, or it will perish. Soft tissue containing the highest concentrations of magnesium in the body include the brain and the heart—two organs that produce a large amount of electrical activity, and which can be especially vulnerable to magnesium insufficiency.

So why is it that few doctors ever mention magnesium? Perhaps they're not taught about it in medical school. They seem to know about sodium, potassium and calcium but pathetically little, if anything, about magnesium. Might it be because Big Pharma does not want them to know about the miracle mineral? After all, Big Pharma relies on disease for their profits, not on our health.

So, what does magnesium do for the body that Big Pharma does not want you to know? Plenty!!

Dr. Carolyn Dean discusses how Americans are chronically deficient in magnesium, and the numerous health problems related to that. Magnesium is involved in many important functions in the body, such as producing cellular energy, and muscle and nerve actions. But numerous pharmaceutical products and drugs end up depleting magnesium levels including antibiotics, antacids, antidepressants, statins, and anti-inflammatory medications. Low magnesium in the body can be associated with a host of problems including cramps, spasms, seizures, insomnia, migraines, depression, chronic fatigue, impaired memory, and hyperactivity in children, she said.

A number of foods are naturally high in magnesium such as kelp, wheat germ & bran, cashews, almonds, Brewer's Yeast, buckwheat, Brazil nuts, and millet. Aside from nuts, seeds, seaweed, and grains, magnesium supplements can also be taken, ideally smaller doses at staggered times, she advised. However, many people get an unwanted laxative effect from the supplements, in which case she recommends taking a bath in Epsom salt, which draws out toxins, and increases magnesium levels in the body. People can find out if they have lowered magnesium by taking the RBC Magnesium blood test, she added."

The One
8th February 2014, 18:37
This is on my watch list Kath thanks for posting and great to see you posting

Love

Malc:hugs:

Tribe
8th February 2014, 19:47
i bath in epsom salts most nights and it has been one of the key factors in coming off my medication for my fibromyalgia /cfs ! it has lessened the pain and stiffness in my joints.