PDA

View Full Version : RIP Gary Moore 1952- 2011

Highland1
6th February 2014, 10:10
On this day Feb 6th 2011 GARY Moore lost his life tragically and died.

Gary Moore IMHO, was one of the all time great guitarists and is sadly missed by many, myself included.

As an active rock musician I would like to leave my own personal tribute to this great man which I recorded ( very roughly) in my home recording studio.

Please click on the following link and you will hear my version of Gary's "The Loner".
Its a warts n all recording recorded in one take as it was only ever meant for me, family and friends to hear but never the less Im happy for you to have a listen if you so wish.

You may have to turn it up as the recording levels were very low and I didnt master the take very well.

Please click on the following link if you would like to listen.

https://soundcloud.com/russell-middleton/the-loner-r-middleton

RIP Gary Moore

Russ

Altaira
6th February 2014, 10:12
Good one Russ :)

john parslow
6th February 2014, 12:14
On this day Feb 6th 2011 GARY Moore lost his life tragically and died.

Gary Moore IMHO, was one of the all time great guitarists and is sadly missed by many, myself included.

As an active rock musician I would like to leave my own personal tribute to this great man which I recorded ( very roughly) in my home recording studio.

Please click on the following link and you will hear my version of Gary's "The Loner".
Its a warts n all recording recorded in one take as it was only ever meant for me, family and friends to hear but never the less Im happy for you to have a listen if you so wish.

You may have to turn it up as the recording levels were very low and I didnt master the take very well.

Please click on the following link if you would like to listen.

https://soundcloud.com/russell-middleton/the-loner-r-middleton

RIP Gary Moore

Russ

Hi Russ

Just had a listen, very impressed with the clean sound on your version! My all time favourite was 'Still got the Blues' and when my guitarist mate turns up here for his annual holiday, we still jam it and have a walk down memory lane ... all the very best. JP

Highland1
6th February 2014, 12:17
Thank you John, I may just bring my guitar with me next time I'm in Cornwall....:)

Russ

Calabash
6th February 2014, 12:29
Stop by and pick me up in South London on the way - I'm good for tambourine and backing vocals . . . . :)

john parslow
6th February 2014, 12:59
Don't forget your amp, I only have my bass rig here now - look forward to seeing you mate. JP

samos
6th February 2014, 21:58
I saw Gary Moore in concert, I believe was in 1984 or 85..he opened for Rush and practically stole the show !! Victims of the Future tour. Yes he definitely rocked the States !! Thanks for posting this thread...great memories..

modwiz
6th February 2014, 22:06
Gary Moore and Jack Bruce jamming Cream classics in a studio. Excellent audio and musicianship. If you like either musician, you are in for a treat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD_NBIx6bhI

norman
7th February 2014, 00:47
The original bedroom guitarist who showed all of us what sheer dedication can do.

I always felt a big sadness from him. I'm not really surprised he's a goner now. Definitely not meant for this world.

Here's a re mastered version of Russel's track:
https://app.box.com/s/08i40ch3mlecibljml4q

Highland1
7th February 2014, 08:11
Norman, I am deeply humbled that you should take the time and effort to remix this recording for me, thank you kindly sir!
I suppose the only downfall is that you can now hear all the mistakes and misplaced timing on parts of the lead! Lol
Having said that, I am no Gary Moore but found much inspiration from his music and happy to give it the best shot I can trying to capture some of his unique style.
Seriously though, its clear you have recording experience and good ears too!
If so, would love to hear about it as there are several musicians on this forum, modwiz and 777 to name but two.
Good effort Norman and thank you once again.

Russ

Highland1
7th February 2014, 10:26
I do apologise John.....

Ladies and Gentleman, will you please welcome on the bass guitar.....Mr John Parslow! whoop!

Russ

john parslow
7th February 2014, 17:49
Ha ha - no worries Russ ... :group hug: