View Full Version : Attack of the snow!

jimmer
5th February 2014, 17:32
this video from rev. michelle hopkins
is a real doozy. what is in our snow?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYqsx2R2dUc

PurpleLama
5th February 2014, 17:39
Applying flame to snow causes the snow to sublimate, it evaporates without the intermediary state of melted ice/water. The fuel of the lighter creates a tiny amount of soot when it burns, making it seem as though there is some chemical in the snow, when it actually is from the flame. The same snow would just melt into water if brought inside a warm house, or put in a pot on a stove, or whatever. I have seen similar videos debunked, before, it is not new. A good way to freak some folks out, though.

modwiz
5th February 2014, 17:41
FBI warnings. Didn't make it past that. A real turn off for me.

I am an ordained minister with the title of Reverend, with the power of the state to join people in unholy matrimony. I want no part of the state, as it is, and I do not like the title anymore as it connotes that some of us have a more 'secure' connection or understanding with Deity.

However, I do not doubt that fake snow is a very real possibility. I am at odds with its reality.

New agers with copyrights. I guess they like the state after all.

Church
5th February 2014, 18:00
I'm adding this to my list of reasons for why paying attention in chemistry class is important.

Calabash
5th February 2014, 22:11
Could the original video have any connection to the following in any way . . . ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LBjSXWQRV8

PurpleLama
5th February 2014, 22:41
Could the original video have any connection to the following in any way . . . ?

I have not watched the video, but I know there have been some sad situations involving fracking, and I am guessing that is what is involved here. It would have no relation to the snow, except the lighter uses some hydrocarbon fuel like that which would have contaminated the groundwater to make the well water combustible.

Eelco
6th February 2014, 04:07

I just watched the video.
See how the water only burns when the tap stotters a bit?
could be the pipes, could be rigged.
Same with the water in the glas. when the tap runs hot water it will be white and clear up after a while.

I live in a non-fracking part of the land (still)

With Love
Eelco

jimmer
6th February 2014, 14:40
excuse me, but what does an anti-fracking video have to do
with this snow issue? just need some clarification.
not sure if this snow thing is real or hype.
looking for some insightful conversation.

btw: it's been established that certain regions of the country (USA)
have ultra-high methane content in ground water.
in these regions, the water has been ignitable for generations,
long before the fracking technology. just saying...

Church
6th February 2014, 15:00
Jimmer, I think it's important to point out that, while these videos are not proving anything other than what Science already knows (i.e. that snow sublimates when a flame is applied to it, and that butane flames produce soot), it doesn't DISPROVE the existence of methane content. It's just, the way to determine methane content would be an entirely different procedure. If people are trying to prove that there is methane in the ground water, there are better ways of going about that. If people are trying to demonstrate that snow can be converted into its gaseous form while skipping over the liquid state, then this would be a great procedure to demonstrate that.

Altaira
6th February 2014, 18:10
If the snow is polymer and doesn't melt by heating it what will happen when the temperatures go up and it has to melt and go to the ground. Will it somehow melt?

Church
6th February 2014, 19:43
It's been a while since my college chem classes, but from what I recall, the reason why ice and snow sublime is because the surrounding air temperature is below zero degrees celsius. So, in keeping with your question above, when the temperature goes up above zero, which is the freezing point of water, sublimation will no longer occur, and rather melting will begin to occur.

I'm pretty sure that's all accurate, but someone might want to double check my "facts" here. (It's been a while!)

Altaira
6th February 2014, 20:01
Yes that is correct Church and this is valid for the real snow. I was actually wondering what would happen with the snow that isn't made exactly of water but has polymers in it, this is something we haven't been taught at school. It probably contains certain amount of water which should melt and the rest of the ingredients that have been bond by the ice will go into the soil.

Church
6th February 2014, 20:02
Oh I misread your question, sorry about that.

I would expect that the answer to your question depends on the composition of the polymers, and whether they are organic or inorganic.

Calabash
6th February 2014, 20:56
excuse me, but what does an anti-fracking video have to do
with this snow issue? just need some clarification.
not sure if this snow thing is real or hype.
looking for some insightful conversation.

btw: it's been established that certain regions of the country (USA)
have ultra-high methane content in ground water.
in these regions, the water has been ignitable for generations,
long before the fracking technology. just saying...

apologies Jimmer - just thought it might have some connection because of the water element.

jimmer
9th February 2014, 14:25
say what you will about this subject,
but this analysis of this nano-particle 'snow' is pretty
shocking, at least to me. this woman,
rev. michelle, deserves a platform.
there are forces at work that should be
exposed. she's doing that, at great personal risk.
and if your angst is a reaction to her religious
foundation, please allow yourself to see the
bigger picture. her strong beliefs require her to act.
that, should be praised, not dismissed.
yes?

Published on Feb 4, 2014
UPDATE... EVERY MICROSCOPIC IMAGE IN THIS VIDEO WAS TAKEN BY ME.
EVERY IMAGE IS OF THE CONTENTS IN THIS ARTIFICIAL SNOW, GLEANED FROM FROZEN SAMPLES.
My government scientist sources have confirmed, even before I proved it with these ghastly images, that this "SNOW" is ARTIFICIAL.

See what is in this Pseudo Snow falling on us!!!
Artificial snow??? REALLY???

I WAS WARNED AGAINST SHARING THIS MICROSCOPIC ANALYSIS of
US ARTIFICIAL SNOW - WHEN YOU SEE WHAT the DOD is HIDING, YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmSn0na-i-w