PDA

View Full Version : The Law of Attraction - Do You Believe in it and How much Effect does it Have

BabaRa
3rd February 2014, 18:38
There's been much said about the Law of Attraction in recent years.

Like attracts like.

Do you believe in it and if so, how much effect does it have on your life? 100% or does past lives (karma) play into it?

Here's one definition of the Law of Attraction:

Each and every component that makes up your life experience is drawn to you by the powerful Law of Attraction’s response to the thoughts you think and the story you tell about your life. Your money and financial assets; your body’s state of wellness, clarity,flexability, size and shape; your work environment, how you are treated, work satisfaction and rewards – indeed, the very happiness of your life experience in general – is all happening because of the story you tell. If you will let your dominent intention be to revise and improve the content of the story that you tell everyday of your life, it is our absolute promise to you that your life will become that ever-improving story. For by the powerful Law of Attraction it must be ! ”

donk
3rd February 2014, 18:47
I believe in it, but personally think it's more about perception. Things/people aren't attracted to you and just manifest a particular way...but the way you see what comes into your life seems to.

modwiz
3rd February 2014, 19:00
Since I am a massage therapist by profession, specializing in medical massage and other rehabilitative deep tissue like work, I engage my clients in dialogue as a rule rather than the exception that often attends a relaxation bodywork session. I prefer to call what I do bodywork.

Back to dialogue. People do tell their story and a very basic, simple to interpret, neuro-linguistic understanding will yield very pertinent information, from many layers, including the animal body at times.

As a spiritual counselor, I also hear the psycho-spiritual aspect of their story. This informs me of their creation foundations in daily living. What I hear, is what they get.

To answer the original question. Yes. Resonance, the glue of the law of attraction, is at play in all creation. I really bristle at the word 'law' because it is part and parcel of our limited understanding of the Universe and the austerity we attach to authority which we attach to concepts of law unconsciously. The Universe, All That Is, is playful and focused on value fulfillment. The Ways of Attraction better approaches the mechanics of this principle, IMO.

PurpleLama
3rd February 2014, 19:27
IMHO, the "law" of attraction, especially as it is processed into sets of techniques like the secret, tends to move one toward using mind over matter for selfish purposes. Using such technique for the betterment of others over oneself, might not get you the house or car of your dreams, but Universe will not leave such a one wanting for any necessity. That has been my personal experience, attracting for others, so to speak, while many of those I have known who have found such an introduction to mental/spiritual principles in the secret, have been quite self serving in its application, missing the real point entirely. The mind does program the reality to a great extent, but if not accompanied by the appropriate inner development, it is worse than useless to me. Why have that fancy car when the old one worked just fine? I will spend my energy helping those that have real needs, and for myself I will keep plugging along at the day job. I find this arrangement suits me fine, and meets the needs well enough. I could be wiser in the way the household finances are used, and that is a valuable teaching tool itself.

BabaRa
3rd February 2014, 19:43
Today, 12:00 PM #3
modwiz I really bristle at the word 'law' because it is part and parcel of our limited understanding of the Universe and the austerity we attach to authority which we attach to concepts of law . . . . The Ways of Attraction better approaches the mechanics of this principle, IMO.

Yes, I like that much better. The Ways of Attraction!

PurpleLama
IMHO, the "law" of attraction, especially as it is processed into sets of techniques like the secret, tends to move one toward using mind over matter for selfish purposes. Using such technique for the betterment of others over oneself, might not get you the house or car of your dreams, but Universe will not leave such a one wanting for any necessity. That has been my personal experience, attracting for others, so to speak, while many of those I have known who have found such an introduction to mental/spiritual principles in the secret, have been quite self serving in its application, missing the real point entirely.

Yes, I have seen this as well, however, using it for selfish gains is a beginning for some.

Eventually, if they are in tune with their own happiness, they will realize that even with all the material things they have manifested - they still have a hole in their heart an emptiness - and they eventually search elsewhere.

Of course, if one is not wise, manifesting material things becomes a spiritual dead end - at least for the time being.

But I will add, one can do both. One can add material comforts to their life (moderation here) and still help others. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

I believe we are manifesting, all the time, but we're usually doing it unconsciously. I have felt for some time that in this time frame we are being encouraged/prodded to recognize that and to do it consciously.

Calabash
3rd February 2014, 20:22
I believe in it, but personally think it's more about perception. Things/people aren't attracted to you and just manifest a particular way...but the way you see what comes into your life seems to.

I agree with you Donk. I have a little ritual which is very powerful. Taking time to acknowledge and give thanks to the universe et al for all the good things in my life I realise that - really - everything that I want or need is already right here. Sometimes I just need to uncross my eyes to see it . . . and realise that world peace (for instance) takes the input of many, not just one

PurpleLama
3rd February 2014, 20:26
Yes, it can work both ways, however it can likewise work in the way I have described. We are poor, and modest, and very happy in my household. I could easily put my energy to manifest a better place to live, but I find more value in making the best with what we have and using the energy of my attention to attend to more pressing concerns as they make themselves known. Even for one as myself, who ever aspires to the middlle road of balance, were I to use what power is given to me by Universe to serve my own material needs, I would be failing the test of such ability, in the way it has been given for me to understand. The Secret, in my estimation, is a trap. The ways of attraction operate just the same, and Universe has never failed to provide any real needs in my experience. As certain as I am for myself, I would have to be well familiar with another person who would use such for themselves before I could make any judgement of the uses or misuses they might be attempting with such material. Placing the unseen value ahead of the seen has made me a handful of friends that all the material wealth could not be traded for.

Newly wed with a baby on the way, in '09, we desperately needed a better place than the one we were at, and we prayed about it. One day my wife was looking in the free classified ads that are circulated weekly in the area where we life, and she saw an ad for a house and said, we should go look at this one. The house belonged to a little old lady, and on first meeting us decided that the pregnant couple would get her house, and (all this we found out later) she turned down several offers before we contacted her again. It is an old house needing many repairs, I have had quite the education in plumbing, for example, and the roof must be replaced, which is an opportunity for a green roof instead. The land was a nursery for exotic shrubbery, and in the woods is much debris left over from that which will be cleaned up before my intent to have it be gardens will ever be attained, but I also see the reflection into the macro, of this giant mess that needs to be cleaned up on this planet, so it is with that in mind that I have proceeded with the drudgery of cleaning up the mess that was left by the late husband of the previous occupant. The impressions of the old man are still on the place, so as I have gotten more and more into the farming hobby I have found myself with little points of guidance literally out of knowwhere, and each day brings more of this.

None of this is what would have been envisioned had we done more than just the token request to Universe, I would have had a place not needing such work, and more conducive to what direction I have taken, but while the place lacks much in material value, the growth that comes with making due with what Universe had in mind for us has yeilded a value that can not be measured.

I say all this in the hopes that the underlying concept that leads me to be critical of the secret and such might be a little more visible. Using attraction for yourself may be what is best for you, but for me it is mostly a temptation to be avoided.

Edit to add,

I did not mention, we only ever even looked at any house but that one. Every detail my wife and I discussed was present, the exact size and location. I have often joked that we should have said it needed to be purple. :)

BabaRa
3rd February 2014, 21:33
PurpleLama
I say all this in the hopes that the underlying concept that leads me to be critical of the secret and such might be a little more visible. Using attraction for yourself may be what is best for you, but for me it is mostly a temptation to be avoided.

Sounds as if you know yourself. That's an important part of the puzzle. As Oscar Wilde once said : When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.

From where I stand almost everything can be a trap or a key.

P.S. One of my close friends (an artist) just painted her house purple. Has caused quite a fuss on the street; she's totally unconcerned with the neighbors displeasure.

Eelco
3rd February 2014, 21:39
As a story to go with what Purple is teaching.
Manny years and a few girlfriends ago. We were pregnant.

Buying one of thos scratch tickets(lotery) I sort of told the universe I would give up my unborn child for a win..
Lets say I won 250 euro's..

been dealing with it for a long time and still can't think of it without a pang of guilt.

With Love
Eelco

BabaRa
3rd February 2014, 22:05
As a story to go with what Purple is teaching.
Manny years and a few girlfriends ago. We were pregnant.

Buying one of thos scratch tickets(lotery) I sort of told the universe I would give up my unborn child for a win..
Lets say I won 250 euro's..

been dealing with it for a long time and still can't think of it without a pang of guilt.

With Love
Eelco

Oh Eelco, that's a sad story to have to be living with for so long; I'm sure it's been weighing your heart down at some level.

I hope this helps: Guilt is a lesson not learned. I believe you learned the lesson, so now you can let the pain go and just pull forward the lesson.

norman
3rd February 2014, 22:18
Do I believe in it?

I believe it's a real mechanism, I just don't trust it any more than I trust the power of charisma.

When I was a youngster I was totally hormone driven. At the time, I didn't realise it. I now know how powerful it was at that time in my life.

I'm also becoming aware of the power of "spiritual" ego. It's something I regard with a slightly similar view, now.

My mind is not fully made up about the law of attraction, and I can see it's not necessarily bound in the cerebral camp ( which I certainly don't trust for anything more than functional activities etc ), but my gut tells me it's more ego and selfishness than 'good'.

Tonz
3rd February 2014, 23:56
The law of attraction for me is a confusing thing,
I truly believe that health is affected for the better or worse depending on the mind state at that particular time and one can invoke
perhaps even an antidote to a toxin by the state of the mind,
This aside the law of attraction is much more visible for people that are not so complex with in themselves ,or one tracked minded people, They seem to focus on one thing and not distract themselves from it, also they keep it simple black and white, if you like.

People like me have multiple levels of thought that often contradict a healthy thought process,in the way ,say you help someone, are you really helping some one or are you with a deeper thought ,helping someone in the fear of something, so the law of attraction would logically attract the grater,in this case for eg, fear.In the mean time there are a multiple situations of motive , because you want to, you have to,your obliged to, or simply because you can.,you do it for a friend,you do it for a smile,and lots more, even you choose not to do it at all and not help.
''
One friend talked to me deeply about my return to Aus.He knew clearly the situation and gave one advice,''have only one plan'',point to only one thing and dont stop, that will invoke the law of attraction.do not go and see what happens,
Wise words from a successful broker who has only done one thing and very successfully,all his life, his borders are drawn and yes he's a strait down the line type of person.The law of attraction works very well for him as he does not vary his thoughts nor perceptions, never exposes himself into the void so to speak, never confused,goes only where he is confident.always weighing the risk factor and often he is right.
He does not experience all the other possible spontaneous situations ,and the end less possibilities including difficulties of not ''pin pointing focus'' in life.#

hope this made some sense and didn't result in just blabber!

I truly feel that the law of attraction is impossible to get any advantage from and or knowledge without going internally to a deep level to see the fears that motivate us in a negative way,and also the fears the motivate us to our positive ways,
as most of us do not stop to practice silence,to practice ''stop'',listen and heal the truths with in,I m constantly changing my perspectives , in many ways, its good and in many ways,and its unnecessarily complex,my law of attraction is all over the place as the are so many perspectives and thought patterns ,
This is why I believe the law of attract is far more observed and taken advantage of for people that are simple,single thought ,clear thought,unmoving thought people.

modwiz
4th February 2014, 00:16
The law of attraction for me is a confusing thing,
I truly believe that health is affected for the better or worse depending on the mind state at that particular time and one can invoke
perhaps even an antidote to a toxin by the state of the mind,
This aside the law of attraction is much more visible for people that are not so complex with in themselves ,or one tracked minded people, They seem to focus on one thing and not distract themselves from it, also they keep it simple black and white, if you like.

People like me have multiple levels of thought that often contradict a healthy thought process,in the way ,say you help someone, are you really helping some one or are you with a deeper thought ,helping someone in the fear of something, so the law of attraction would logically attract the grater,in this case for eg, fear.In the mean time there are a multiple situations of motive , because you want to, you have to,your obliged to, or simply because you can.,you do it for a friend,you do it for a smile,and lots more, even you choose not to do it at all and not help.
''
One friend talked to me deeply about my return to Aus.He knew clearly the situation and gave one advice,''have only one plan'',point to only one thing and dont stop, that will invoke the law of attraction.do not go and see what happens,
Wise words from a successful broker who has only done one thing and very successfully,all his life, his borders are drawn and yes he's a strait down the line type of person.The law of attraction works very well for him as he does not vary his thoughts nor perceptions, never exposes himself into the void so to speak, never confused,goes only where he is confident.always weighing the risk factor and often he is right.
He does not experience all the other possible spontaneous situations ,and the end less possibilities including difficulties of not ''pin pointing focus'' in life.#

hope this made some sense and didn't result in just blabber!

I truly feel that the law of attraction is impossible to get any advantage from and or knowledge without going internally to a deep level to see the fears that motivate us in a negative way,and also the fears the motivate us to our positive ways,
as most of us do not stop to practice silence,to practice ''stop'',listen and heal the truths with in,I m constantly changing my perspectives , in many ways, its good and in many ways,and its unnecessarily complex,my law of attraction is all over the place as the are so many perspectives and thought patterns ,
This is why I believe the law of attract is far more observed and taken advantage of for people that are simple,single thought ,clear thought,unmoving thought people.

I keep it simple. A constant access to food and shelter in surroundings that are pleasing. A before driving 'clearing'. And then what comes up. I live simply and want for nothing. Needs are very well cared for.

BabaRa
4th February 2014, 00:51
My perspective. If you believe it doesn't, can't, won't work for you. It won't.

It's the old story of: In order to change your life, you first have to change your beliefs.

What-is has no bearing on "what is coming" unless you are continually regurgitating the story of what is.

By thinking and speaking more of how you really want your life to be, you allow what you are currently living to be the jumping-off place for so much more.

But if you speak predominantly of what-is, then you still jump off —but you jump off into more of the same.

modwiz
4th February 2014, 01:05
My perspective. If you believe it doesn't, can't, won't work for you. It won't.

It won't work from the perspective of the ego consciousness. Ways of attraction are always operative. People are getting what they project all the time. Higher self 'gifts' aside. They are just oblivious to this mechanism. If they happen to experiment with it, lack of concentration and distractions will produce the same old results from their programming. Their default creation stance.

4th February 2014, 10:30
Modwiz has put this best for me......it's not so much that we attract that which we behave like in so crude a form but more that we project openly, persistently interacting with all that is through this projection (whether knowingly or not!).

I will be a tad more brutal than my magickal friend has though and extend this a step further. When I was a child I was a bit of a tearaway (still am!) and my dad (thinking he knew the answer as ever) sent me on a "personal development" course by a guy called Lou Tice. What this basically consisted of was making affirmations in the vein of "I am etc" rather than "I'd like to be etc" and putting pictures on the fridge of the places you wish to go and the things you wish to achieve.

Now, this didn't work for me but then I have an absolute (almost illogical) aversion to implementation of un needed rules and dogma, so I avoided compliance (again, quite out of character lol) BUT.......this stuff does and always has worked. It's very real, scientific, energetic........and magick.

As for the Law of Attraction, well in my view it's the same concept re-hashed to make it marketable to those with a religious, spiritual or new age leaning. The process is the same but the reasons given are tailored to the audience to satiate their differeing appetites. By purchasing the likes of the Secret or books on LOA, we are buying into an industry built upon previous success/techniques and lining the pockets of those who are living by it! All at the opportunity cost of following your intuition and paying homage to it.

In terms of karma and past lives I would venture that our understanding of time renders it an impossibility to be a slave to them where the LOA is concerned. If we are all perpetually existing in every possible manifestation at any one time, expressed in zillions of different organisms and flesh....HOW could the potentiality of past and future (which occur in the NOW) have a justifiable affect on the now when they are negated by the potentiality of the contrary? My answer to that part (imo that's all) would be "no".

Calabash
4th February 2014, 12:29
P.S. One of my close friends (an artist) just painted her house purple. Has caused quite a fuss on the street; she's totally unconcerned with the neighbors displeasure.

I feel for the neighbours as your friend doesn't have to look at it, seeing as she's INSIDE. My neighbour has put a huge 25ft blue metal container in his garden, which is practically all that I can see when I look out into my own garden. It is hard to ignore and does little to enhance the view. I feel as though my neighbour is saying "********" to my senses. So I say "double-********" back - every day! :) But did I manifest that, or did my neighbours, that is the question?

donk
4th February 2014, 14:39
I feel sometimes people "go within" to much, if you know what I mean: we forget that there are other, external beings, whose "attracted" reality may overlap with our own.

It's important to take responsibility for our reality, but also to recognize that while on a certain level, we are all indeed "one", on another, more practical level--we are unique beings, seperated fragments of that "ALL", that interact with many of the other "fragments".

Which is why if you take stuff too personally, you will manifest/attract a reality where you are truly a victim. Whereby had you experienced the same thing from a perspective of loving detachment, that exact experience may have seemed like you "attracted" something completely different, when in fact the only difference was you, your perspective.

What was that about "things you can't control, recognizing the difference"?

PurpleLama
4th February 2014, 14:51
I feel for the neighbours as your friend doesn't have to look at it, seeing as she's INSIDE. My neighbour has put a huge 25ft blue metal container in his garden, which is practically all that I can see when I look out into my own garden. It is hard to ignore and does little to enhance the view. I feel as though my neighbour is saying "********" to my senses. So I say "double-********" back - every day! :) But did I manifest that, or did my neighbours, that is the question?

You take the high road, and try to appreciate the shade blue instead of the anti- aesthetic quality of the container itself. The color might represent something, some aspect, that might be unconsciously avoided on your part, therefore universe provides an example of the color in a rather unavoidable way. Reality is rife with symbolism.

PurpleLama
4th February 2014, 15:01
I feel sometimes people "go within" to much, if you know what I mean: we forget that there are other, external beings, whose "attracted" reality may overlap with our own.

It's important to take responsibility for our reality, but also to recognize that while on a certain level, we are all indeed "one", on another, more practical level--we are unique beings, seperated fragments of that "ALL", that interact with many of the other "fragments".

Which is why if you take stuff too personally, you will manifest/attract a reality where you are truly a victim. Whereby had you experienced the same thing from a perspective of loving detachment, that exact experience may have seemed like you "attracted" something completely different, when in fact the only difference was you, your perspective.

What was that about "things you can't control, recognizing the difference"?

"Going within" is actually how one might know the difference at all, and even one doing it as much is possible is seldom enough in this day and age. It was with good reason that the words Know Thyself was inscribed over the entrances to the ancient mystery temples. Knowing self is knowing what is projected, projecting reality is why attraction seems to be a constant. So much occurs unobserved in our mental environment, therefore much occurs in our experience that we cannot consciously account for having missed the underlying thought when it was thunk. That is why you hear me use words like "relentless" when I am talking about self examination.

donk
4th February 2014, 17:20
OK…”too much going within” is indeed NOT the proper nomenclature dude, I agree it is un-possible and apologize for the misspeak….what I meant was: too much ignoring/dismissing the external.

It’s not always ALL ABOUT YOU!!

PurpleLama
4th February 2014, 17:25
OK…”too much going within” is indeed NOT the proper nomenclature dude, I agree it is un-possible and apologize for the misspeak….what I meant was: too much ignoring/dismissing the external.

You are missing a vital point, my friend. When one takes responsibility for the reality one experiences, this brings about the "opposite" of ego-centrism. It can be difficult to do so, in light of all the nasty crap that exists in this world, but everything is telling us something. I think of the dream I had of you, and the condition you have, and what Cayce said about hardening one's views, and all together it makes me want to suggest that you try to take a few steps back and look at this with an open mind. Everything relates, not just that everything is relative.

BabaRa
4th February 2014, 17:36

It's Not - - Now you tell me! . . . . Only kidding, couldn't resist :hilarious:

Perhaps it's the balance of going within and knowing oneself as fully as possible so as to better understand and live with the others.

The days of going into the cave (and staying there) have passed. Unity consciousness has dawned and is calling.

modwiz
4th February 2014, 17:40

Be more mindful of your language usage. You owned that you phrased it incorrectly and that is good. To then state that PL is making it about himself is a big loser, IMO.

I fully agree that there must be a balance between inner and outer focus.

BabaRa
4th February 2014, 17:52
I feel for the neighbours as your friend doesn't have to look at it, seeing as she's INSIDE.

You should see her inside!?! I love color, and have always gravatited to bright colors, but. . . . .the inside of her house is so bright with so many primary colors, it's overwhelming even to me.

I feel as though my neighbour is saying "********" to my senses. So I say "double-********" back - every day! But did I manifest that, or did my neighbours, that is the question?

Difficult to answer without background of your relationship with the neighbor, but at this point I would say: let the why go for now and think about how you can manifest a change.

Here's an example: Tell the Universe you would like to have the container out of your view, without having it creating a problem between you and neighbor. Then you have to virbrationally connect to how it would feel to not see it. In other words, let go of the anger you are now feeling and shift to the relief and joy you will feel when it's gone.

Also, I agree with PurpleLama about bringing that color blue into your life. Sometimes our Higher Self has to give us a big clue, because we tend to miss or dismiss the small ones. I would actually say: "Oh, I get it: there's some reason I need to have that color in my life. You can take away the big blue "hint" and I will bring it in to my life in a more appealing way."

modwiz
4th February 2014, 17:53
You should see her inside!?! I love color, and have always gravatited to bright colors, but. . . . .the inside of her house is so bright with so many primary colors, it's overwhelming even to me.

Difficult to answer without background of your relationship with the neighbor, but at this point I would say: let the why go for now and think about how you can manifest a change.

Here's an example: Tell the Universe you would like to have the container out of your view, without having it creating a problem between you and neighbor. Then you have to virbrationally connect to how it would feel to not see it. In other words, let go of the anger you are now feeling and shift to the relief and joy you will feel when it's gone.

Also, I agree with PurpleLama about bringing that color blue into your life. Sometimes our Higher Self has to give us a big clue, because we tend to miss of dismiss the small ones. I would actually say: "Oh, I get it: there's some reason I need to have that color in my life. You can take away the big blue "hint" and I will bring it in to my life in a more appealing way."

Blue is very much about the right use of will and boundaries.

PurpleLama
4th February 2014, 17:58
Be more mindful of your language usage. You owned that you phrased it incorrectly and that is good. To then state that PL is making it about himself is a big loser, IMO.

I fully agree that there must be a balance between inner and outer focus.

Donk's ok....

I would posit that the practice of inner focus is what is prerequisite for true outer focus, instead of a view full of phantoms.

donk
4th February 2014, 18:33
I meant the "royal" you...like a platitude...borderline "joke" (I guess).

Not that I'm worried about PL's feelings--I know he knows I got nothing but respect for him--he also knows I rarely if ever take myself (or much) too seriously...I'm just 'splainin' myself to you. Lots of what I say CAN be taken offensively, but it's never intentional...

...and I am usually mindful of my language usage (& was in this case)...I'm just not always very concerned about the receiver's perception.

My point is, not EVERYTHING (the proverbial) you experience is 100% always all your responsibility...I think.

And that is not exclusive of "going within" to determine the "truth" of the external

modwiz
4th February 2014, 18:40
I meant the "royal" you...like a platitude...borderline "joke" (I guess).

Not that I'm worried about PL's feelings--I know he knows I got nothing but respect for him--he also knows I rarely if ever take myself (or much) too seriously...I'm just 'splainin' myself to you. Lots of what I say CAN be taken offensively, but it's never intentional...

...and I am usually mindful of my language usage (& was in this case)...I'm just not always very concerned about the receiver's perception.

My point is, not EVERYTHING (the proverbial) you experience is 100% always all your responsibility...I think.

And that is not exclusive of "going within" to determine the "truth" of the external

Oh gee. Now I feel like a royal a'hole.:ha:

I'll recover.

donk
4th February 2014, 18:44
Meh, I take some getting used to...but one thing I do take seriously: clearing up misconceptions of my intent. You had no way of knowing what I meant...the limitations of text, I try to get tricky with it sometimes to varying degrees of success

Calabash
4th February 2014, 20:50
Blue is very much about the right use of will and boundaries.

Many thanks to Babara, Purple Llama and Modwiz for suggestions and guidance. Re blue being about the right use of will and boundaries, how can I find out more about this please?

modwiz
4th February 2014, 21:17
Many thanks to Babara, Purple Llama and Modwiz for suggestions and guidance. Re blue being about the right use of will and boundaries, how can I find out more about this please?

Startpage (google without tracking) the throat chakra and read what you can.

Will and boundaries are linked because it requires the use of will to enact a boundary line. It will take Will to keep that demarcation 'policed'. A negative aspect of Will is when we see others' wills as impositions on ours when there in no intent to impose.

The "Right Use of Will" is one of the most important books to ever come out of the New Age movement. There are other books the author wrote but, they suffer from the same problem that Conversation With God, II and III do. Spirit only gave these authors one book, IMO. They had contracts and filled them with other books purporting to be a continuation of the 'inspired' originals.

Cliff note version of Will.

Tonz
5th February 2014, 00:01
Thankyou babara,this thread is proving to be so very rewarding
,'' the right use of will'' sounds promising modwiz, i'l look it up.

BabaRa
5th February 2014, 05:08

I always think of blue (associated with the 5th Chakra - the throat) as being associated with expression. How one is communicating with those around them - not saying what you think - or conversely - saying too much, judging or gossiping.

I would say if you are good at visualization, that meditating on the color would be helpful. Also wearing it or just bringing it into your world (although it seems the Universe has already done that), but perhaps if you bring it in in pleasant ways (throw pillows or a lovely vase) the unpleasant way will go away.

Calabash
5th February 2014, 12:01
Startpage (google without tracking) the throat chakra and read what you can.

Will and boundaries are linked because it requires the use of will to enact a boundary line. It will take Will to keep that demarcation 'policed'. A negative aspect of Will is when we see others' wills as impositions on ours when there in no intent to impose.

The "Right Use of Will" is one of the most important books to ever come out of the New Age movement. There are other books the author wrote but, they suffer from the same problem that Conversation With God, II and III do. Spirit only gave these authors one book, IMO. They had contracts and filled them with other books purporting to be a continuation of the 'inspired' originals.

Cliff note version of Will.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41WH3DDR27L._.jpg
Right Use of Will Healing and Evolving the Emotional Body: Healing & Evolving the Emotional Body [Paperback]
Ceanne Derohan
Do you mean this one Modwiz? I've started reading about the throat chakra - there's a lot about it - and will be ongoing I think. Maybe I should study them all while I'm at it :)? What you say about a negative aspect of Will hit a nerve and I will work on this. I also bought a set of medicine cards following recent posts and have discovered my animal guides. A lot more study is required on this too. Thank you.

PurpleLama
5th February 2014, 12:55
So, how close is the blue of that book cover to the blue of the container?

BabaRa
5th February 2014, 18:12

Interesting. Maybe Calabash simply needs to keep looking at the cover of the book. Keep it somewhere close.

Calabash, did you see my post right above yours? #34

modwiz
5th February 2014, 18:41
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41WH3DDR27L._.jpg
Right Use of Will Healing and Evolving the Emotional Body: Healing & Evolving the Emotional Body [Paperback]
Ceanne Derohan
Do you mean this one Modwiz? I've started reading about the throat chakra - there's a lot about it - and will be ongoing I think. Maybe I should study them all while I'm at it :)? What you say about a negative aspect of Will hit a nerve and I will work on this. I also bought a set of medicine cards following recent posts and have discovered my animal guides. A lot more study is required on this too. Thank you.

That is the book.

Using cards to select animals guides/medicine sets up a form of contract. It also weaves a rudimentary web of connection with these guides that will then fill out and create connection nodes. The contract develops and deepens in meaning. Like all contracts founded it truth and agape, it is an "at will" contract.

modwiz
5th February 2014, 19:53

BTW. That was brilliant, IMO.

Calabash
5th February 2014, 20:36

You know what PL - it's very close - but not half as pretty:). I'll take a pic when it gets light . . .

And to Babara (I haven't got the hang of the multi-quote - apologies) - I've always associated the colour blue with healing and unless you're counting the posts I make at TOT I'm not one for gossip, or suppression either. But I will be doing some inner work with the blue. Thanks B x

A question: Is the LoA more or less powerful than a sigil or, because both require intent, are they the same thing?

BabaRa
6th February 2014, 00:06
You know what PL - it's very close - but not half as pretty:). I'll take a pic when it gets light . . .

And to Babara (I haven't got the hang of the multi-quote - apologies) - I've always associated the colour blue with healing and unless you're counting the posts I make at TOT I'm not one for gossip, or suppression either. But I will be doing some inner work with the blue. Thanks B x

A question: Is the LoA more or less powerful than a sigil or, because both require intent, are they the same thing?

I've never worked with sigils.

If your definition of a sigil is: a symbol created for a specific magical purpose. It is usually made up of a complex combination of several specific symbols or geometric figures each with a specific meaning or intent.

My feeling is many geometric figures are archetypes that come with unconscious thoughts from the collective. I think you could be creating something other than what your personal intent is. I believe that Hitler was an adept in that area. I personally wouldn't want to use them for "Magic" whatever that means to you.

The LofA is straight forward. It's always in action. You are either doing it consciously or unconsciously. If you're doing it consciously, as one would be with a sigil, then your must make sure that your intention is pure, and you completely understand the symbols engaged.

I'm guessing Modwiz would know more about this area then myself.

modwiz
6th February 2014, 00:29
I'm guessing Modwiz would know more about this area then myself.
:fpalm: I was hoping PL would answer the question since it was kind of directed at him.

I will respond.

modwiz
6th February 2014, 00:37

More or less powerful? Curious question.

Before starting, I want to reiterate how uncomfortable with the word 'law' instead of way or ways. A law is something frozen, static and lacking the dynamism that 'governs' the Universe. The word 'way' connotes movement also and current type behavior part of this dynamic.

Next.

Sigils make use of, 'ride', imprint into the current that is the WOA. Without WOA, and the greater scheme that supports it, sigils would not work.

I hope that addresses it.:nails:

PurpleLama
6th February 2014, 00:45
My grasp of sigils involves calling something from someplace else.

BabaRa
6th February 2014, 17:28
More or less powerful? Curious question.

Before starting, I want to reiterate how uncomfortable with the word 'law' instead of way or ways. A law is something frozen, static and lacking the dynamism that 'governs' the Universe. The word 'way' connotes movement also and current type behavior part of this dynamic.

Next.

Sigils make use of, 'ride', imprint into the current that is the WOA. Without WOA, and the greater scheme that supports it, sigils would not work.

I hope that addresses it.:nails:

OK, I have no idea what WOA represents. Will you enlighten me?

modwiz
6th February 2014, 17:31
OK, I have no idea what WOA represents. Will you enlighten me?

Ways of Attraction. Law doesn't work for me, or others if the implications were understood.

I thought the post indicating my discomfort with the word law was clear enough.

Clearly not.:ha:

BabaRa
6th February 2014, 17:58
Ah ha, said the blind man. . . . or should I say dense lady.