PDA

View Full Version : Parenting awake and aware

Eelco
3rd February 2014, 07:23
On Children
Kahlil Gibran

Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them,
but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

You are the bows from which your children
as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
and He bends you with His might
that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
so He loves also the bow that is stable.

Back when I was allready a dad, but not heard of false gods, ascended masters and introduced to cult like spiritual practises from up close.
The above quote is what I read aloud and vowed to in my daughters babtisms.
Not that I had an affinity to the church, but felt no harm in promising to tell them about Jezus Christ.(still don't btw)

Anyway from this and having a grounded, practical missus My children have had hardly any spiritual upbringing. When dad is on a roll and talking about his pasions he is viewed by them as the awkward thinking one, who's ideas are heard, and then covered with blankets of love.

WHich is sort of ok by me, but it does have me wondering. Seeing them evolve and grow up, I also see how television, Schools and friends help paint their worldviews. And they show me the gaps in their understanding of what is truth and what is lies....

So how do you all go about bringing this awareness to your kids. Wait for the questions? or guide them towards meditation, stories, etc.

With Love
Eelco

Sooz
3rd February 2014, 08:00
Wouldn't even know where to start with this one Eelco, lol...

I'll get back to you.

Tonz
3rd February 2014, 08:12
So how do you all go about bringing this awareness to your kids. Wait for the questions? or guide them towards meditation, stories, etc.

I would say both,the seeds of today can not be valued untill the blossom of tomorrow.
Often have noticed that my children behave better whilst not in the presence of there parents
also their thoughts often expand and mature faster when they discover their abilities with others more so than in the presence of their parents.
this is to say often they use there knowledge more when they have to fall back on there thought processes that we hope we have seeded well enough to be of base use to them,until those blossoms arrive there is a lot of crossed fingers ,in hope that we took a good enough approach.time will tell.

As for opening their minds to other realities out side the box so to speak without ramming it down there throats,gentle small steps that may lead to there own questioning and interests.

BabaRa
3rd February 2014, 16:49
I would say both,the seeds of today can not be valued untill the blossom of tomorrow.
Often have noticed that my children behave better whilst not in the presence of there parents
also their thoughts often expand and mature faster when they discover their abilities with others more so than in the presence of their parents.
this is to say often they use there knowledge more when they have to fall back on there thought processes that we hope we have seeded well enough to be of base use to them,until those blossoms arrive there is a lot of crossed fingers ,in hope that we took a good enough approach.time will tell.

As for opening their minds to other realities out side the box so to speak without ramming it down there throats,gentle small steps that may lead to there own questioning and interests.

Very nicely said Tonton.

I would also add: By example

Rather like: "How can I do what you're saying, when what you're doing is ringing so loud in my ears."

1inMany
3rd February 2014, 19:49
You know what complicates this for me, Eelco? I have to be more careful parenting as I become more aware. Much more careful than I did while I was comatose. I look back at parenting the way I used to and I see that what was the most important was taught. What is ultimately important to me, still today, is having compassion for others. And even in my comatose state, I somehow managed to teach this to my children. The same goes for being individuals, and thinking for themselves. There are some attributes I value as much now as I did then.

It got complicated the more aware I became. All of a sudden, I knew things they did not, about who they are and how they may be forces for change. I mean, I realized they are fully grown, powerful souls in young bodies. I realized they are here to learn their own lessons, and this entails finding their own paths. What I wanted to do was to shake them and relay this in quite an excited manner. But I can't. They must learn for themselves. I can offer some basics for them to ponder though, which I do at every opportunity.

In my opinion, it comes down to Trust. As is always the case with me. I have to trust that their own Higher Ups will allow what is necessary for their individual soul growth, and not allow unnecessary suffering to be thrown at them. Keeping that in mind, I tend to teach with questions every chance I get, and I answer questions when they come up, too.

I think if you trust what is inside, and follow your instincts, you can't go wrong.

That's just my opinion :)

Eelco
3rd February 2014, 20:10
Thanks everyone.

It takes me some time to ponder your points of view.
I have never been much of preaching to them.
Partly because i have always maintained a don't know mind.
Which is a blessing and a curse. I cant't tell them whats what as in these days all the stories are so intertwined, distorted and chaotic that its impossible o tell this is the truth.

That said I wish i could spare them my frantic searching, and give them some tools so they can find an anchor to center themselves if need be.
There is a contradiction here i know because if anyone is rather content to be adrift its me...

Maybe its the doubt that got the better of me, as it often does.

With Love
Eelco

Eelco
3rd February 2014, 21:29
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/602718_701629183187766_865925332_n.jpg

These are them..

With Love
Eelco
(juli 2013)

BabaRa
3rd February 2014, 21:41
What a beautiful product you have produced. Kudoos to you.

I just want to fly over there and give them all hugs.:group hug: