PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Kilos overweight? Check in here....

Sooz
18th September 2013, 10:16
Hi All,

I know this may be a strange thread on a conspiracy forum. And if there is no interest, let this thread die a natural death for lack of interest. LOL!

I am a couple of kilos overweight, it just kind of crept up on me and I don't like it! Have lost a kilo in the last 2 weeks and have another kilo to go.

As you get older, metabolism slows down and being on the comp on forums, sitting on ya arse, doesn't help!

Ditch anything that is WHITE - sugar, milk, rice, flour, bread (I switched to Xylitol from sugar 2 years ago, very low calories and good for your teeth)

Walk briskly for at least 20 minutes a day (I manage about 3 days doing this as I have a physically demanding job).

Switch to brown rice, lots of fibre and Vitamin B + magnesium.

Drink 2 litres of filtered water a day.

Put less on your plate and MOVE more.

More Veg! Anything that's green.

Use virgin Olive Oil and Virgin Coconut Oil. Pure virgin coconut oil is cholesterol free and helps with metabolism - it's a good fat.

Read food labels regarding fat content.

Use pink himalayan salt or celtic salt - it has 60 or so minerals that the body needs, that ordinary salt doesn't have.

Turmeric everyday - sprinkle at least half a teaspoon in your morning green drink. Also red cayenne pepper and cumin on any food.

Garlic and onions in abundance at every meal.

Eat low fat healthy, whole-grain crackers, rather than bread.

Use coconut oil instead of butter.

2 Weeks ago I was 53.5kg, now I'm 52.5. My clothes are still a little too tight for comfort.

My goal is 51kg.

Check in here if you need some support and inspiration.

Love Sooz
x

PS: Where is the fat piggy icon when ya need it!

Frances
18th September 2013, 10:25
Hello Sooz, any tips re a evening drink. I enjoy red wine but it maybe a No No when trying to cut down.
Frances.

Sooz
18th September 2013, 10:34
Hello Sooz, any tips re a evening drink. I enjoy red wine but it maybe a No No when trying to cut down.
Frances.

Hi Frances and All,

Well, quite frankly I'm not going to cut out my evening wine! There are some things that are sacrosanct.

That being said, I try to drink 2 litres of filtered water a day (which is hard going, I must admit, but I try).

And for a glass of wine, drink a glass of water in equal quantity.

It means you will get up during the night for a long wee, but what the heck.

Wine Rules, OK? Red wine is good for you. Unfortunately it's not to my taste, I like a charddy.

And a cup of black tea in the morning with a slice of lemon is good too, to kick-start the body and flush out toxins.

Sooz

Sooz
18th September 2013, 10:43
Re red wine, perhaps a sprinkle of cinnamon might help?

But for red wine lovers,(most notably, the French), perhaps I'm setting myself up for a right, royal persecution.

'Off with her head' they will shout, lol....

Spiral
18th September 2013, 11:53
Hi Frances and All,

Well, quite frankly I'm not going to cut out my evening wine! There are some things that are sacrosanct.

That being said, I try to drink 2 litres of filtered water a day (which is hard going, I must admit, but I try).

And for a glass of wine, drink a glass of water in equal quantity.

It means you will get up during the night for a long wee, but what the heck.

Wine Rules, OK? Red wine is good for you. Unfortunately it's not to my taste, I like a charddy.

And a cup of black tea in the morning with a slice of lemon is good too, to kick-start the body and flush out toxins.

Sooz

Let me get this correct, I need to up my red wine intake slightly to 2 litres a day ?

I think I have to cut out my ritual nightly cheese fest, it piles the pounds on :(

Sooz
18th September 2013, 12:08
Let me get this correct, I need to up my red wine intake slightly to 2 litres a day ?

I think I have to cut out my ritual nightly cheese fest, it piles the pounds on :(

Darling Twirly Wirly One, lol...

...in your dreams...

You need to aim for 2 litres of filtered water DURING THE DAY.

Then when you have a glass of wine at night, have a further glass of water for every glass of wine you drink...capiche?

Oh, the cheese! Yes I sympathise with that one. I just LOVE a nice gooey brie on toasted sour dough bread with real butter.

Even better with crispy bacon on top.

Let's stop right there.:flag:

Melidae
18th September 2013, 12:13
I don't know anything about red wine...I'm asthmatic and the sulfites in red wine triggers attacks. I'm sure there are some red wines out there without sulfites, but I prefer white wine anyway.

My 'secret' to weight loss...helping my husband eat healthier after having quadruple by-pass heart surgery. He's a junk food junkie...especially sweets and greasy foods. I can't do anything about the way he eats when he's at work, but I decided that there would be no sweets in our home...only fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, and no processed foods whatsoever. He gained weight....perhaps due to all the take-out he would eat when I wasn't around. I lost weight. When I decided to no longer eat meat (I've always had a hard time digesting meat anyway) and started replacing the protein with beans, nuts, etc, no GMO's if possible, organic only, switched from beer to an occasional glass of wine, the pounds (kilos?) started melting off. It took about 6 months to 'kick start' the weight loss, but once it started, it was hard to stop.

I feel amazingly healthy! Blood pressure - normal, cholesterol - normal...I have more energy than I know what to do with. Big pharma is losing any potential business from me...I don't take a pill for anything.

I believe it's what you eat that makes a difference...not necessarily how much you eat. Once the 'heavier' foods are lessened, there's so much more energy available that taking a walk or running (hahaha, not me!) becomes a way to release that extra energy and not a chore.

Or maybe I was so focused on helping my husband eat healthier (and not on losing weight) that this was my reward!

18th September 2013, 12:55
The problem with my excess flab is exactly the same as the Twirlster which we've discussed before. A nice Australian red (come on......they do make the best in the world imo) with an unhealthy mix of British and Dutch cheeses (again.....best in the world, just don't tell the French. They are cantakerous at the best of times let alone with a sprinkling of xenophobia thrown in).

Other than that I stick pretty much to what Sooz outlines but the above addictions (AND OH MY GOD THEY ARE ADDICTIONS) render mine midrif malleable.

For you my Mirror: :piggy:

shamanseeker
18th September 2013, 13:44
Without the sulphites - mind you it's very expensive - red wine is very good for you! Beer is also a superfood, surprisingly. I'm not sure about brown rice versus white rice because I read that brown rice is bad maybe because of the pesticides but that could be Cabal info but I also think of the Chinese, etc who eat a lot of white rice and are very slim. However, the Koreans told me that the Chinese are slim despite eating a lot of fried food because they eat a lot of tea (green). They told me, too, that the Japanese are slim because they eat vinegar in their rice and that the Koreans are slim because they eat very healthily; a lot of garlic and chilli pepper and green tea.

Spiral
18th September 2013, 16:47
The problem with my excess flab is exactly the same as the Twirlster which we've discussed before. A nice Australian red (come on......they do make the best in the world imo) with an unhealthy mix of British and Dutch cheeses (again.....best in the world, just don't tell the French. They are cantakerous at the best of times let alone with a sprinkling of xenophobia thrown in).

First the cheese, the best cheese is made by Basques, from sheep milk.

Australian wine appeals to the modern palate because thats what its created for, as like all "new world" wines they have had the advantage of planting varieties of grape that are uncomplex & easy to drink from scratch.

(Proper) Rosé is also actually a red wine, using grapes from young vines and the solids are removed after 24 hours, so it doesn't take on the strong red / purple colour that actually comes from the skin.

Sulphates are used on mass produced wine to stop the fermentation process, it can be found in white, rosé & red wine, some producers use it some don't.

The reason decent French wine is hard to find in the UK is because the best stuff stays here http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/playful/funny-tongue-wag-smiley-emoticon.gif

RE rice, brown rice has the husk removed just like white rice & then its coloured, its "whole" rice in the husk thats the real deal. (All the vitamins & minerals are in the husk)

Breeze
18th September 2013, 18:14
I don't mean to sound cheesy (pun for Spirit Walker) but I have the opposite challenge on how to put some extra weight on. I come from lean gene stock, and have tried to put weight on for the past 26 years to no avail.

I even spent a whole year eating daily everything that is meant to be wrong and unhealthy that piles on the pounds like lots of cheese, cream cakes, 4oz of clotted cream fudge, chocolate, crisps, sweets, pastries, full English breakfast every day, pasta in rich sauces, creamy curry - you name it I consumed it; not once did a put on a single ounce extra.

In my teens I use to weigh nearly 11 stone; I was very athletic and it was all toned muscle and I felt very healthy. Then I had children and this is when the weight fell off and never returned.

I have kinda given up now and just accepted I am the weight my body wants to be, but being lean also means one feels the cold more - and living in the UK the seasons of coldness can drag on. My friends use to reassure me the pounds would soon pile on when one reaches middle age - well that date arrived and I am still waiting, it hasn't happened yet.

Perhaps you guys have some suggestions of food that you are knocking off your own eating list that I haven't tried and add to my eating list to put the weight on?

Also, just an afterthought; in Nature animals tend to put some weight on preparing for winter, perhaps the odd pound or kilo is just your body following along with Nature?

Eelco
18th September 2013, 18:21
Well I have had to nurse some people that needed some more weight.
We gave them "Volle Kwark" with clotted cream.

I think Kwark is not that known in the uk.
Its http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark_(dairy_product)

You'll need the creamy variety. 40% fat in dry mass...

Bon appetite

With Love
Eelco

Breeze
18th September 2013, 18:21
The reason decent French wine is hard to find in the UK is because the best stuff stays here http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/playful/funny-tongue-wag-smiley-emoticon.gif

So true.... I absolutely love a good simple red organic French farm wine, straight from the local farmer - it is absolutely Heaven. If the wine is good, all the locals by it up.

Breeze
18th September 2013, 18:25
Well I have had to nurse some people that needed some more weight.
We gave them "Volle Kwark" with clotted cream.

I think Kwark is not that known in the uk.
Its http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark_(dairy_product)

You'll need the creamy variety. 40% fat in dry mass...

Bon appetite

With Love
Eelco

Thanks for the tip Catsquotl. It says on Wiki that it is similar to fromage frais - I use to eat this daily for breakfast with a spoonful of honey or maple syrup - delicious. I love clotted cream too, especially with buttered scones and strawberry jam.